the way things change

westy!

POSTED: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:18 pm

and the song remains the same

It had taken him some time, but Phoenix had a hunch he was at the right place.

Weeks ago the pretty coyote girl had told him something of interest, that she had met his sister — by either a huge coincidence or some act of God or something to that effect. Whatever the case, the cowboy was not going to waste the opportunity to find his long-lost sister, the headstrong Sedona that had left home far before he had.

It would be a little weird seeing her in these green lands as opposed to the red rock of Arizona. But that didn't really matter.

The borders were well marked, or as well marked as he could imagine, anyway. The woods were oddly quiet despite the ambient buzz of life, and Phoenix made idle conversation with his stallion now and again, though their words often trailed off into silence. He was excited, and Toh was quite aware of this; he made an effort to trot along at a painful pace, just to drag out Phoenix's anxiousness.

There was a small fear in him still, though, that Lyssa had been mistaken. What if Sedona didn't actually live here? What if this wasn't even the right pack? Does she remember me? The latter was a stupid question, he reminded himself.

One didn't so easily forget family, after all.

He pulled at the reins, and the large black horse came to a halt just short of the pack's territory. Equine and rider were both silent for a moment, taking in the scenery and pensive — but finally, after a deep breath, the coymutt tilted his head back and let loose a summoning call, a low howl that rang clearly through the dense woods.

If she didn't turn up to her brother's voice, maybe someone who knew her would.

ooc →it's finally timeeee <3

veldt
Luperci The Sound of Fury
Ride 'em, Cowboy!

POSTED: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:53 pm

OOC: Squee! WC: +5

IC: The summer sun beat down hot upon the head of the Vale Gamekeeper as she watched the form of her horse, Hopi running at full speed through the open fields just outside Winterwynd. After having completed her usual rounds in the stables and Orchard that morning, Sedona had taken the paint mare out for some much needed play time. Typically so engrossed in her work or some other task at hand, the Whitesage woman didn't often have time to spend for personal pleasure. This afternoon was different though, she'd made sure to clear her schedule for the remainder of the day in order to spend time with Hopi. The sound of the equine's thundering hoofbeats approached as the beast once more zoomed by, circling her companion with a whinny of joy as she raced through the field of grass, enjoying the freedom and lack of confines that the pack corral didn't provide.

Sedona smiled as she watched her companion stretch her long legs, her mane blowing wildly in the wind. She loved to watch Hopi run. It was a wild, beautiful sight like no other. Leaning against a tree, the brown and tan woman sighed contently, fiddling with her straw cowgirl hat in hand idly while she looked on. Hopi tossed her head and kicked up her heels, looking like a young filly again. It made the coydog chuckle at her antics. It was just then that a call rang out over the territory, causing the Gamekeeper's ears to perk, and Hopi to come to a skidding stop in her run, also listening. They both knew that voice anywhere. Meeting the gaze of her horse at a distance, Sedona's heart skipped a beat as the voice faded away.

Could it be? There was only one way to find out. Whistling to summon Hopi, the equine turned on the spot and raced back towards her rider. Sedona leaped onto her bare back as she flew past her, hooking her paws into the mare's mane and pressed her heels to the equine's flanks urging her towards the direction of the howl. It didn't take long for them to reach the borders at the pace they went. Slowing as they drew nearer to the borders, Sedona's heart still racing with hope and anticipation, she craned her head to see past the next copse of trees to get a better view of the figures awaiting her at the edge of the Vale.

Sure enough a familiar black stallion with a brown and tan male in a worn pair of jeans and a cowboy hat upon its back stood waiting. Hopi gave an excited nicker and starting to move forward faster, Sedona let her, disbelief in her eyes as they passed the last trees and came into view of the man at the border. Bringing the paint mare to a stop, Sedona blinked away her surprise at the sight of her brother and slowly but surely a wide grin found it's way to her maw, her tail wagging as she swiftly dismounted. "Phoenix? That really you?" She asked with astonishment and before he could say a word, she rushed across the border to greet him with a great big hug. "Brother! How ever did ya find me!?" She buried her face into his chest, happy tears brimming in her eyes, inhaling the familiar scent of him and home and everything about him. She never expected to see him again. So this truly was a great surprise.
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:39 pm

A few minutes passed in relative silence, and Phoenix's ears were perked and listening, his nostrils flared as he sniffed for any new scents. Every tedious second felt like a lifetime, and it seemed his antsiness had finally transferred into his partner as Tohopka shifted uncomfortably on his feet.

There was a change; the thundering of hooves coming their way, the strangely familiar smell of a certain female. Was it really her?

But as the woman and her painted mare barreled into view, there was no denying it. His lips pulled back to reveal his widest, goofiest beam yet, and the cowboy hopped off of the stallion's back as his sister screeched to a stop. She was just as he had remembered her — maybe a bit more shocked than usual, but he couldn't blame her. "It's really me, Sedona," he answered coolly, spreading his arms wide as she crashed into him with the biggest hug he'd ever received.

He pulled her close as if he'd never held her before. It was like a dream; he'd never expected he'd actually find her. "God almighty, I've missed you," he spoke in her ear warmly, squeezing her tighter as if it were even possible. He finally broke the embrace to get a good look at her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "'S a long story. Meet a girl who said she had seen ya in her pack, n' she pointed me in the right direction." If he ever met Lyssa again he was going to have to give her something good — the finest whiskey, if she was up to it.

"So this is yer pack, innit?" Apple green eyes swept across the woods before settling on his sister again. "How'd you end up all the way out here? You gotta tell me everything, Sedona, ever since y'left the ranch."

He paused, his teethy grin softening a bit. "On second thought, I... reckon we'll have some time t'catch up," he said thoughtfully. "Y'know, if I, uh... can stay a few nights or somethin'. Heh heh."

Surely Sedona would let him crash at her place for a bit.

ooc →:DDD

veldt
Ride 'em, Cowboy!

POSTED: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:02 pm

WC: +4

It was all so surreal. As she hugged her brother close, receiving a crushing hug in return, the cowgirl couldn't help the grin that spread wide across her maw and the tears that brimmed in her eyes. She was just so happy! She truly never expected to see any of her family members again and for Phoenix to have traveled all this way and by chance to have found her here, it was truly a miracle. Laughing as Phoenix took her by the shoulders at arms length looking her over, she wagged her tail as he explained how he was able to track her down. "'S a long story. Met a girl who said she had seen ya in her pack, n' she pointed me in the right direction." Sedona's ears perked at this information, wondering just who this mystery woman could be, but overall she was just thankful to whomever it was. She had part of her family here with her now!

"That's pretty lucky of ya. I haven't traveled much outside the pack in recent months so the powers that be must be watchin' out for ya Phoenix." She grinned and playfully nudged his shoulder. "How'd you end up all the way out here? You gotta tell me everything, Sedona, ever since y'left the ranch." The Whitesage woman started to open her maw to reply when he cut her off. "On second thought, I... reckon we'll have some time t'catch up. Y'know, if I, uh... can stay a few nights or somethin'. Heh heh." Green-yellow eyes narrowed at this statement and her tail slowed. "Y'mean ya arent' plannin' on stayin'? She frowned. "Phoenix...after comin' all this way... why wouldn't you stay? Mistfell Vale is a wonderful place. I know you'd love it here. We've got plenty of horses and smaller livestock, and there's always some kind of repair work and projects to be done." She smiled hopefully. "Besides...where else would you go? And...we just found each other again after so long... Ya gotta at least give us a chance." She gave him a look of pleading sincerity. "I never woulda stayed if it weren't the perfect place for me. You know this." She reached out a stoked a small piece of his hair from his eyes. "I've come to think of my fellow Mistwalkers as family over time... I think you could grow to think of this place as home too." She hoped beyond hope she was convincing. She'd hate to only get to visit with her brother for a short time before losing him off to gods knows where again.

POSTED: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:32 am

Their tails seemed to wag in unison, in the utmost happiness and content; it was by pure fate or chance or something this was even really happening. He grinned again at her words, giving her an exaggerated shrug, "Fer sure. I got a lil' angel up there somewhere pullin' the strings for me."

Or rather, an angel on earth with pretty amber eyes. He felt a little stupid in retrospect for not getting to know her a little better.

There was a slight shift in Sedona; something he said had been amiss. It culminated into a frown, something so starkly different from her undisturbed bliss, and Phoenix felt his hand snake to the back of his neck, embarrassed. "Well, I mean —" But she kept going, rapping off all the reasons why he should stay. Stay? Like, stay stay? He eyed her warily, his other hand falling from her shoulder and planting at his hip as he listened.

If she was trying to convince him, she was... well. She was doing not a bad job, really. They had horses and livestock, two groups of creatures he could get along with pretty good. Plus, how could he really just leave after he had found his long-lost sister there? He'd be a fool to abandon her after all of this.

Sedona was right, though. He knew her so well — if the Vale hadn't have been where her heart was, she would have moved on. It was the same reason she left the ranch all those years ago, the same reason he followed in her footsteps.

Maybe there was something to the Vale, if she was so enamored by it.

"Weeeeeell..." He let out a long sigh, casting a glance back at Tohopka. He seemed far too busy trying to catch up with Hopi to even pay attention to his master. "I reckon if you insist..." Turning back to his sibling, a smile tugged at his mouth again. "I'll... give it a try, just fer you," he finally agreed. "But I'm still gon' crash at yer place 'til I get the hang of this pack business." His beam grew a little larger, more mischievous.

ooc →:DDD

veldt
Ride 'em, Cowboy!

POSTED: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:58 pm

WC: +3

Sedona watched his face slowly change from his usual confident and hardy exterior and melt into a softness that he usually only showed towards her. The two of them had always shared a close bond, they were two peas in a pod, partners in crime and when she had left the ranch saying goodbye to Phoenix had been the hardest thing she'd ever had to do. As she saw her words work on him, the Whitesage woman could only hope beyond hope she'd convinced him. If he'd been searching for her, where else was there to go now that he'd found her? Glancing a moment towards the two equines who were conversing animatedly in low speech, noses touching, ears splayed in familiarity and comfort, Sedona smiled at the warmth of the scene. Looking back to Phoenix, eyes shining bright, she wagged her tail as he finally conceded. "I reckon if you insist..." He began and Sedona playfully punched his arm. "I do and ya know it!" She chuckled, smirking, glad that even though they had spent so much time apart, they were still as close as ever.

"But I'm still gon' crash at yer place 'til I get the hang of this pack business." He concluded and Sedona yipped with delight. "Oh Phoenix, I promise you won't regret it! You'll settle in pretty quick. I know I did." She grinned reassuringly her tail once again falling into the same wagging motion as her kin. "And of course you can stay with me! Sineria won't mind I'm sure. He'll be glad to meet you even!" She exclaimed, heart swelling at the thought of introducing her brother to her mate, but in her gushing forgetting to mention who exactly Sineria was. "Now, I know yer just as anxious as I am to get ya brought home, but I gotta be sure our Ursarchon will approve. I don't think she'll oppose another Whitesage 'round here though. I've...I've done quite a lot for the Vale." She smiled proudly, and turned back towards the pack lands a moment, thinking of the recently completed Rum Bridge. "Anyways though, lemme call Saga for ya." Before her brother could have a change of heart, Sedona gave him one more wide grin before she turned her head and gave a yapping howl, calling for the sole leader of the pack.

POSTED: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:48 am

Welcome to Mistfell Vale!

Congratulations on joining Mistfell Vale - the coolest pack in 'Souls! ;) This pack is perfect for a soul looking for a relaxed, free, and fun place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

Mistfell Vale
OOC Account
Vida

POSTED: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Word Count → 2+ :: ooc

Sedona's yapping call harked out from the far borders of the Vale, and with a heavy sigh, the Ursarchon arose from the sunshaded front porch that decked the front of her home. Rounder and heavier than the last time she'd accepted a newcomer at the borders, it took her a while to rise and even longer to travel the distance towards Sedona and the joiner. When she'd been expecting her boys, she'd not been the Ursarchon, and it had been far easier to sequester herself and ignored the consequences of her choices. This time, it had been an easier thing to come to terms with, having done it all before. Now, she found allowing herself to been seen in such a fragile state, well, not exactly palatable, but it was acceptable.

A hybrid's call sounded out to the builder and her companion as soon as the Ursarchon's vibrant eyes fell upon their... oddly similar visages. A soft frown graced Saga's face as she drew closer. Although she felt far from the graceful, commanding leader she had been mere weeks ago, she still drew herself up to her full height and still, that same commanding aura radiated from her.

'Sedona, you called?' she greeted, eyeing the male up with quiet interest.

Saga D'Angelo
New Caledonia
Commoner
Vida
Luperci the crowned bear

fortitude
ursa major

Dead Topics