Forward Momentum

Ezra, Ginny | Jordheim Papermill Thread!

POSTED: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:04 pm

OOC: "Transporting long beams is a difficult job, but Ezra has the horses for it! With a team of drafts trained to pull the logs, it will still take a few more hands to make sure they are delivered without damage." Pack Aide II thread one of three.WC: +3

IC: Eager snorts came from the team of draft horses, Sedona and Ezra had secured to the cart for hauling. Today's task for the Papermill was to bring larger sized logs to the build site from the Orchard. Thanks to previous work done by Rialu, Virue, Malfoy and herself clearing a good section of trees last month they had a decent supply of wood for the project. Smiling and patting one of the horses' necks as she passed around the front of the team, the Whitesage woman paused to speak to Ezra.

"Looks like we're all set here. Ginny's waiting for us by the wood stockpile. I told her we'd meet up there to load up." She explained to the Elkenfrey. It had been a few months since there'd been a big pack project like this to keep the Constructor busy. Sedona loved having work like this to do. Doing something for the greater good of the pack was something that fulfilled her. Ezra's idea for a Papermill excited the tan cowgirl and although the mill itself was beyond her area of expertise, building the structure was definitely something she could assist with.

"I'll lead the way if ya can guide the horses?" She wagged her tail at the taller black and white male handing him the lead ropes of the horses who were prancing side to side, ready to be put to work. Chuckling the Whitesage woman adjusted the hat upon her head and nodded once in confirmation, starting down the worn trail towards the wood pile down the way hidden off in the trees between Winterwynd and the Orchard storage shed. Glancing back as she heard the creaky wheels of the cart begin to move she made sure to walk at an easy pace so she could fall back and talk with her pack mate. "How long have ya been workin' with paper, Ezra?" She asked over her shoulder, curious.
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

POSTED: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:38 pm

[[Current Horses are Fantasy and Recherché]]

“It certainly does,” Bright smile reached over his shoulder to Sedona as she explained who they were to meet ahead,” That sounds like a plan, if I've ever heard one,” One or two more tugs at the horse's straps and reigns and it was settled. They were hooked and secure, Ezra coming up the other side of the horses opposite to Sedona. Fantasy was bursting with energy, delighted to work muscles harder than she had in a long time. The indigo mare knew exactly what the cart set up meant, and while Recherchè wasn't familiar with it all, she seemed bulletproof. The black and white draft, more calm than Fantasy, had a regal air about her. A majestic beast, if he'd ever seen one, but lacking Fantasy's charm. He'd have to get to know her better.

As Sedona's hand ran across Fantasy, Ezra's patted Chè's,” I can do that, easily,” To her inquiry, Ezra took the lead ropes in his hands and straightened them. Holding them high and facing his back to Sedona, he whistled twice softly and gave gentle direction through the leads. The drafts took off without much issue with the empty cart at their heels, their hooves moving in a cacophony of hollow thuds that rattled the earth beneath them. The mood was light, the weather fair and Ezra couldn't help but had the delight from it all beaming on his expression. This was exciting for him, beyond all reason, and he was elated.

As she fell back to his side, Sedona prompted a small conversation that Ezra was just as happy to answer,” Oh, for as long as I can remember,” He laughed brightly as he marched backward, watching his footing and moving his eyes from front to back to ensure he didn't slip. That old foot of his wasn't going to mess him up today,” I remember, my mother taught me all she knew. When my father was away for work, we would wait at home for hours and hours playing with the slurry and sniffing out fibers. When we weren't play with the horses, of course,” A fond sigh replaced his enthusiasm,” A family tradition on her side. As I had spent a great deal of time with her, it was only natural that I take it up. She taught me well, rest her soul,” Where there was usually sorrow for such a tale, Ezra still managed a bright eyed smile,” Thank you for asking.”

It wouldn't be much longer now. The scrap pile was growing into sight, but while Marbled eyes darted about for good footing and a straight lead, he wasn't yet able to see the image of Ginny. While they walked, it only seemed like an exchange of histories was a bit in order, and Ezra was happy to know more about the horse-woman,,” What brought you to Mistfell Vale, Sedona?” He inquired, feeling their friendship was growing rapidly with their similar tastes for past times and hard work.

Loners
Dog Hybrid
Dark
Luperci Mate to Fiora Jordheim History With Great Distinction They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:50 pm

WC: 312

Ginny didn't really know much about creating buildings. She understood how easy it was for old ones to fall down and that she needed to be careful if she was going to explore them. She also knew how easy it was for bridges to fall down. Thankfully that had only resulted in a near-drowning and not an actual drowning.

Today's task though was related to a new paper mill. Ginny was excited by the prospect because she thought that maybe she could think about making maps on paper if they had a good supply, but wooden boards still seemed to be a better option for her. She would also need to get something to write with if she wanted to use paper, whereas with boards, she just had to have a knife or a sharp rock to scratch the marks into them.

She may not know how to build a mill, but she was very capable of helping move supplies around, and confident enough around horses that she wouldn't be a danger with Ezra's gigantic, beautiful horses. She looked around, making sure that the area was clear enough for the cart to maneuver. She doubted they wanted to get here and then have to move things around to make everything fit.

In the distance, Ginny spotted them coming slowly. She supposed the cart probably made things difficult, and she guessed that it wouldn't work for the largest logs that they needed to move. After a quick scan of the area, she decided to move some smaller logs that were already here over some more to clear more of the ground. Then she was happy with how everything looked.

Once Ginny thought that Ezra and Sedona were close enough to see her, she waved unnecessarily at them but managed to refrain from barking as her tail wagged.
Last edited by Genevieve Auditore on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GENEVIEVE
Loners
Wolfdog
Myst
They stole my dirty socks... :( The Steadfast Spirit

POSTED: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm

OOC: My apologies on the wait! If I need to change anything lmk! (Like I wasn't clear if the cart is already loaded or not so I'd just need to edit my last paragraph if so. X3) WC: +4

IC: As Ezra took up the reigns in leading his two beautiful mares up the road, Sedona grinned happily. All of the Elkenfrey's horses were a great pleasure to work with in the stables and made great additions to the pack's herd. The Gamekeeper had a particular soft spot for Fantasy whom as they began to move along the road, bumped her muzzle against the Whitesage woman's back looking for one last affectionate pat. Sedona willingly obliged as she fell in step with Ezra, listening to him as he spoke of his mother and his childhood working with paper. It fascinated her.

"Thank you for asking." The coydog wagged her tail and lay a paw on the male's arm. "Of course. I love hearin' about old traditions and people's families. It's the foundations that made us all who were are today." Everyone came from different walks of life, with different experiences under their belts. Some were more experienced than others, but everyone had something to contribute. Ezra's mill was something Sedona never would have thought of herself, but that was due to her lack of expertise in the area. She was excited to see what having the ability to produce paper would do for the Vale.

Up the road, Sedona could make out the figure of Ginny patiently waiting for them to draw near. Lifting a paw over her head she waved in return to the other Hawkesond as she turned to answer Ezra's next question. "What brought you to Mistfell Vale, Sedona?" He asked and the Whitesage woman smiled, a twinkle in her eyes. "Adventure and new opportunities." She winked. "I went travelin' from my cattle ranch in the Southwest across country. Hopi and I found ourselves with a small settlement for a time about half way before making our way here. It's where I bred Hopi and ended up with Yavapai." She smiled. "By the time I reached this area, I was looking for a place to settle again. I had no idea what I was lookin' for. I barely knew anything about the packs at the time, but Mistfell Vale was one that kept hittin' my ears, so I pursued it. I haven't left since." She grinned.

By this point as she concluded her story, they'd reached the loading site where they were to load up the long beams to bring to the build site. Looking to Ginny, she moved forward and gave the woman a hug. "How are you Ginny?" She greeted happily. "Ready to do some heavy lifting?" She chuckled and looked to Ezra who was positioning the horses and the cart by the long beams amassed in a pile. "Thanks for helping us today." She said to the other woman and wagged her tail, moving to asses the best way to load the beams into the cart.

POSTED: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:04 am

Sedona spoke her piece about the joy of learning of other's upbringings and customs, and Ezra nodded with a chuckle and a particular impish grin as he lead with the reigns. Sure, that was all well and good, but Ezra's upbringing? Well, that was a different story for a different time. From what he knew of those in the Vale, he didn't question that they'd allow an ex-pirate residence, but the innocence of interactions might change.

The horse theft in his past, however? That was something that might not swing well with the Mistwalkers. It was a muddying of waters long since gone that there was the consideration that he might not even bring up the past to anyone at all save for the vague details he'd managed to bless very few souls with. He had enough history here, in Canada, to satiate any hunger for the curiosity of his life and how it had gone, anyway,” It is a fantastic way to get to know someone, I agree,” Where his spirit was apprehensive, his tone was confident. The mask had become the man, and honestly, he was better off for it.

An arm rose from the tawny woman to the sky, her verdant, golden gaze settling where Ezra's marbled sights could not reach over his shoulder to see. Not for lack of him trying. Surely it was who they meant to be meeting, but he didn't want to risk an awkward twist of his leg, just in case the horses couldn't slow in time to keep from turning him into a decoration on the dirt.

“Mmmm!” Ezra hummed with delight at the idea that Sedona herself had come to this place for adventure and opportunity. It sees they had similar expectations of the Vale, and it seemed they'd shared the same success story since their arrival,” Cattle ranch. Well now. That does explain your proficiency, doesn't it? You are certainly made for the job,” He spoke her praises, lighthearted,” I'm happy that our paths have crossed,” The lithe man replied, as she'd finished her tale. To his back, the wagging of a tail cutting the air could be heard as he slowed the drafts to halt until their next chore was to be done.

“Settle now,” Ezra planted his hands on Fantasy's muzzle before dropping the reigns and turning to finally lay eye on Ginny,” Greetings, Lady Ginny! I agree with Sedona, here. Thank you, so much,” He offered a light bow to her. The warmth in his voice was infectious, his smile charismatic and everything about him pure in intention. With Sedona's question, he got to work accessing what they'd need as far as the smaller logs, taking a step behind the two women as a calculating mind worked. Smart work, not hard work, even if smart work was hard, had always been his motivation.

When they finished exchanging, Ezra turned his long muzzle to them,” The cart will work well for the smaller pieces, but the logs...?” Shaking his head, the black tresses swept over one another in their tousled fall,” I'll have to grab the log straps out of the back after this first delivery is made,” A knuckle leaned against his bottom lip as he processed all that they'd have to do in the mean time,” As for the smaller load, I figure the least strong of us could guide the wood into the cart, as I and the other lift and slide the pieces in,” Marbled gaze moved between the two of them,” Do either of you have a preference, at all?” The question run in the air, having already decided that he'd be one of the heavy lifters. He wasn't about to put the hard labor on the two of them alone.

Loners
Dog Hybrid
Dark
Luperci Mate to Fiora Jordheim History With Great Distinction They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:12 am

OOC: feel free to PP Ginny guiding the logs to help move the thread along! WC: 251

IC:
“I’m good,” Ginny said brightly. Her tail wagged faster in response to the physical affection as she returned the hug. Ginny tended to be the tactile sort, so she always liked it when others would hug her or even just brush up against her.

Ginny glanced at the cart as Ezra spoke and could quickly see what he meant about the larger logs. She was afraid that even if they could get them into the cart, it would be too much fo the wheels. The last thing she wanted was to be involved in breaking the wheels. As far as she knew, they were a lot of work to make, although she didn’t know much about the process. They were one of the things that Sapient had been able to produce.

“Hm,” Ginny glanced at Sedona, trying to decide which of them was probably stronger. Ginny had good endurance, having spent so much time running around the pack lands, but that didn’t equal strength. Her proficiency with the sword, didn’t either, so after a moment, she decided that Sedona was probably stronger than she was.

“I can help guide the logs,” Ginny said, moving around the cart to where she thought the best spot would be. It was tough to tell, really, but she figured it would be easier when they were loading the logs and that she could adjust as needed. “Ready when you are,” Ginny said with a smile as her tail wagged a little.
GENEVIEVE
Loners
Wolfdog
Myst
They stole my dirty socks... :( The Steadfast Spirit

Dead Topics