Look Up and Get Ready to Rise

Jordheim Mill - Measuring Foundation

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 am

[[Thread | 9/10 - Ezra, Sedona, Zuri - Measuring the foundation plot and placing markers is important in keeping the beginnings of the building to plan. ]]

Ezra had started the day early, waking and getting himself ready at the Wyvern Church. A clean shirt, clean pants and leather strips to hold his sleeves at bay per Fiora's request. A fresh splash of water on his face, he patted himself dry and offered his love a lap on her forehead as a farewell for the day.

Tools jostled within a wooden box in one hand as he mounted up on Fantasy, having had Arrow fetch the mare for him before the sun rose in the sky. If they did it right today, they could have everything set in a single day and triple checked to ensure the measurements would work. He expected a few issues to rise up here and there, but as long as those issues came up during the measuring and not for the application of the materials, everything would be good to go.

Indigo mare arrived to the build site in a thunder of hooves and the rattle of catgut at his hip, the quiet morning supposedly leaving him to his own devices unless there were other early risers. Without expecting them, however, he slid from Fantasy's back and let her off to play in the grass. Planting the toolbox beside the materials, he looked it all over one last time and sighed warmly,” This is a good life,” Joy breathed through every corner of him, as the project was slowly coming to fruition.

Leaning to the toolbox, he procured a few mallets and wood shaving tools, setting them aside and curling the catgut beside it. He'd been a little over generous with the amount of the natural rope, but Arrow had wanted a lesson of it, so he didn't figure it would hurt to make more than they might need. The last thing he slipped from the box was the blueprints, which he sprawled out before him. The image he sketched in charcoal sat in the space the building would rise from, and he was nothing but delighted to imagine how amazing it would look in reality.

Last edited by Ezra Vahn on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Dark
Luperci Paper Miller I Mate to Fiora Jordheim They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:09 pm

OOC: Counts towards Sedona's Constructor III Co-rank. :3

WC: +3 +10, use co-rank in a thread

Sedona was always up before the sun. Her duties within the barn required it. The horses and livestock needed her attention and care before she could attend to other matters within the pack. She was due to assist Ezra this morning with the measurements for the build site of the Paper Mill and so she went through her Gamekeeper tasks as diligently but quickly as she dared.

As she was finishing, Arrow came into the barn to fetch Fantasy, one of Ezra's beautiful draft horses. Smiling to the male, she informed him she'd join the project as soon as she was finished within the stables. Once all the animals were fed, watered and their enclosures tidied, the Whitesage woman put away her pitchfork and wiped her paws on her red bandana, fixing her cowboy hat upon her head before heading towards the build site.

There she found Ezra already reviewing the blueprints of the building. She waved a paw as she came up the pathway and yipped a small greeting so as not to startle him from his reverie. "Good mornin' Ezra." She wagged her tail, dipping her hatted head. "Ready to measure today?" She chuckled, noticing the rope and other tools he'd brought along. He definitely was ready. The tall male was the leader of this project and he was always the brightest and cheeriest about every stage of the work to be done.

It reminded the tan coydog of herself a little. Any time there was some kind of work that was for the betterment of the Vale, it set her heart soaring. Idle hands never sat well with the Whitesage woman. "Where do we begin then?" Sedona said brightly, clapping her paws together. She knew they were still awaiting a few more helpful hands, but that didn't mean they couldn't get started.
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund II Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 am

(+300)

OOC text goes here.

It was arranged that there would be a small gathering of those wanting to assist with the building of the Paper Mill to begin taking the measurements that would be needed before any actual work could be done. Better to know the layout rather than just starting out blind and then realizing they had done something wrong. Knowing the one that was in charge of the whole project, and knowing that Sedona too was taking a large role in the construction, there was no doubt that this mistake would be made.

There was just one little problem thrown into the mix... Callisto.

The pup that had been dumped onto the family was still very young, and one that not only needed to be watched, but one that couldn't eat completely solid food, leaving her to nurse the pup or to give her already chewed up meat. It was even because of the new daughter that she was up early in the morning. Being a creature of the night, it was much nicer to sleep in a bit in the morning.

The pale woman had been keen on making sure that her husband was up, giving some time to feed the child before passing her along to her father. He was going to be watching her until she came back. She was already awake, so it would be best for her to go get some things done rather than just going back to bed.

Padding down the path from her home, it didn't take long for the Hawkesond to come upon familiar faces. Ezra had been the one at the helm of the project, and the other Hawkesond woman was a good friend of her's. Both women were so close to the top of their own house. She padded up to them, the feeling of tiredness evident on her face. Stretching out her limbs, she padded over to the pair, "Morning. Sorry I am a bit late."

She gave another stretch before she moved her hands to her hips, "Right so, what's the first order of business?"

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Risegard
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:52 am

A yip stole his eyes from his plans and marbled sights met verdant eyes with the brilliance of familiarity,” A good morning it is, Sedona!” He'd not forgotten her request on how she preferred to be addressed, a grin spread wide on his features as she seemed to be in a delightful mood,” I certainly am!” Even though there was plenty of work to do, and to be done in the future, he hadn't lost his fire. If anything, he burned with a greater vigor than the first they'd formally met. His purpose was finally at the tips of his fingers, and he was as ready as ever to get started.

“Firstly, we're to turn this field into a maze,” He chuckled, very easily remembering having tied his last mill off as far as the first measurements went. It was a great deal more difficult without extra hands to help, and he'd found himself lost once or twice before with all the catgut that was strung all over the place. It was important, however, to make sure this was right.

It was the noises of another set of paws coming that pulled Sedona from Ezra's attention,” Ah, yes!” He grinned and offered the pallid female a bow due to his proper nature,” Welcome, welcome. If you hadn't known, I am Ezra Vahn. A pleasure to meet you,” He offered a hand out to the cardinal eyes beneath alabaster locks to get a formal introduction out of the way,” No need to apologize, my lady,” He assured her, then stepped aside so that there was something of a circle between the three of them,” We are all here, I believe, so I'll get down to it!”

Turning down the blueprints so that both of them could see, he spread it as flat as it would lay in his own hands,” Today we're to measure the foundation points for the Mill's out edges. I've planned to do so with the wooden dowels and catgut, there,” A gesture of his maw delegated the location of the tools that would be at their disposal,” The dowels will be planted where the beams are to sit, so that the foundation can be dug efficiently, right up to where the beams need to be seated. Any questions?” He asked. While construction was something he was verily prepared for, he wasn't sure of where the strengths lay with the others between him and he wanted to make sure everyone here was on the same page.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Dark

POSTED: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:40 pm

WC: +2

It didn't take long for their other party to join them. Sedona was surprised to find Zuri approaching the work site with a wuick apology for being late. The pale woman's life the Whitesage woman knew, had been quite bust as of late. While the details of things had been kept quite hush hush, Sedona knew Zuri was under a lot of stress lately. The tan woman wished she could do more to help alleivate the other Hawkesond's burdens, after all Zuri was one of her closest friends, but unless the ivory beauty came to her, there was nothing more to be done.

Giving Zuri a friendly smile, Sedona then paid attention to Ezra's instructions. She'd never worked in such precise measurements and detail before. If she was honest with herself, Ezra's construction knowledge made her feel slightly inferior. But at the same time she looked forward to working closely with him. This was an opportunity for her to learn. Whatever she could pick up from this building project, she could use again in the future if she ever wanted to build a full structure from the ground up again.

"Any questions?" The black and white male concluded and Sedona thought a moment, making sure she fully understood everything. It seemed pretty straight forward to her. And with his lead things should go smoothly. "Nope. Not from me!" She said cheerfully and looked to Zuri. Making sure she was set, Sedona then moved to grab the supplies indicated. "I'll let you take the lead Ezra. This process is new to me. But I'm a fast learner." She winked and chuckled.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Westy
Luperci Drakehund II Mate to Sineria

POSTED: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:40 am

(+300)

OOC text goes here.

Zuri left her own problems behind her when she had left for home that day. There was no need to inform those that were present about the recent events that had taken place. Callisto's presence and word about how the pup had come to them would spread on its own, especially when it came to her husband and her children. No doubt they would be telling others about the new daughter/sibling that came into their lives.

For now though, she had to keep her attention focused. There was work to be done.

The pale woman straightened out her dress, her head lowered to the two she had come to join, "A pleasure to formally meet you Ezra. I think we spoke at your gathering, but it was not for long. Always nice to see you as well Sedona." Her head had turned to her tan friend, letting it remain lowered before it was brought back up.

Crimson gaze focused down on the blueprints as the doggish man explained what they would be doing. A clear set of instructions had been laid out before them, and now it was time for execution. When Ezra asked if there were any questions from him, Zuri offered a shake of her head after her friend's own response.

One hand moved over the blue print, "I'm sure Ezra can guide us on where to start, but Sedona, why don't you take this side and I'll take the other. We can work on setting the dowels in the right spots that way." It should help to reduce the time as well for this part of the project so long as all of them were working together. Once the base foundations were done, they could move on no doubt.

Zuri Acidic-Trombetta

Mistfell Vale
Risegard
Salena
Luperci Mate to Baelish

POSTED: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:09 am

[[Sorry for the wait, friends <3

Westy, since this is a thread you'll use for your corank, I left it vague going down the sides of the building so you could get the descriptions of Sedona in there doing it. <3]]

“Ahh, eager! Fantastic!” His voice chimed after their decision to learn from his instruction and split the work from the start. They had the basic idea of a large project without Ezra needing to micromanage or step on toes to ensure the work was done efficiently, so he could focus on the real items that were crucial, including but not limited to laying measurements.

“Here we go,” Taking in a counted arm full of dowels and a mallet, he offered the first stack to Sedona, and did the very same for Zuri,” This should make the count for the measurements on the front to the North and back to the South. We are lining up the building's side to face West and East with the sun in mind,” Taking one of the dowels in his hand, he moved to where he visualized the front face of the building. With one of the mallets, he set the dowel in place and hammered it carefully into the dirt to mark the center of the front face,” This will be our marker to ensure that the side walls are set evenly.”

A hand turned out and gestured them to either side as they would choose,” Now, Sedona, set your dowel on the ground, but wait to hammer it down,” Taking the catgut from his waist, he offered one side for her to pinch against the dowel at it's end. Then he turned to make the trip to Zuri, unwinding the catgut as he went. It's dehydrated edge just lightly grazed the dowel he'd placed,” Now, Zuri. We want to make sure it's even, so place the dowel right... here,” He paused for a moment to make small adjustments. Between the first two dowels, everything seemed to be looking even. When the females had finished making quick work of hammering the dowels in place, they would move down the line and put each of the dowels in place where the sides of the building would sit.

Only after that, could they start making the North and South faces.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Dark

Dead Topics