Happiness Amplified

Falcon

POSTED: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:21 am

OOC: Hiiiiiii! ^_^ WC: +2

The evening was crisp. The sky, overcast and blocking out the moon. A mist hung heavy in the air making it difficult to see at a distance. Leaves crunched underfoot and the scent of woodsmoke filled the air. Autumn really had arrived. Sedona noted all of these things as she walked up the streets of Winterwynd headed in the direction of a certain grey and white wolf's home.

It had been a while since sh'ed visited her dear friend Falcon. She'd been so tangled up in all the building projects and such around the pack she'd not had the time to check in on her. The use of the feminine pronoun still felt a little strange to Sedona, but the more she used it in speaking to the other Mistwalker the more it became normal.

Today, the pack Gamekeeper was visiting on a mission. She carried in her paw a small cloth wrapped bundle as she turned down the next street towards Flacon's house. It contained a gift for the sweet gal. Whistling softly a random tune she'd picked up from her brother, the Whitesage woman smiled as her friend's place came into view ahead.

Picking up her pace, the tan coydog gave a soft, friendly yap in greeting announcing her presence as she crossed the dewy lawn. "Falcon honey! Ya home?" She called out approaching the porch tail wagging and taking the steps up with a skip in her step. She hoped it wasn't too late to drop by.
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:47 am

OOC :: Words→ 280

Falcon swayed gently in the moonlight, her hammock tied to the four posts of her new bed. The bed wasn’t really new—its rusted, old frame had come with the house—but she’d finally had the time to hang her hammock from it safely. She rolled over to stare out the window and winced as the frame creaked; it was sturdier than she’d expected, but the noises still made her nervous. What if something snapped under her weight and went flying in the middle of the night?

Well, something would snap under her weight and go flying. Upon further consideration, that probably wasn’t the end of the world—or very likely in the first place.

The Elkenfrey hummed under her breath, the quiet, half-forgotten tune rumbling in her chest. It may have had lyrics, once, but she couldn’t remember those either. She couldn’t even remember if she’d come up with it herself or not. Before she could think on it further, a familiar voice caught her ear; Sedona must have decided to pay her a visit.

”Actually, I’m in a hammock!” Falcon called out, rolling out of her bed slowly and carefully. The frame creaked again, but held strong until she could find her footing on the cool, wood floor. Shaking her hair out, the black and white hybrid padded out of her bedroom and toward the front door. She opened it with a tired smile and gestured for Sedona to come in. ”Good evening, Sedona. To what do I owe the pleasure?”

Falcon eyed the cloth-wrapped something in her friend’s hand and figured she already knew the answer.

Note: Falcon uses he/him pronouns publicly (i.e. to most packmates, acquaintances, and strangers) and she/her pronouns privately (i.e. to specific, close friends).
Loners
Coyote Hybrid
Alexander
With great distinction, I carry on They stole my dirty socks... :( Spring Spree 2020

POSTED: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:08 pm

WC: +2

Crickets chirped slow and soft in the cool night air as Sedona waited on the porch. It didn't take long for a response to come from within however and the Whitesage womans' brow knitted for a moment as Falcon's voice came back to her stating she was home but in a hammock? Sounded interesting. Waiting until the sound of paws over floorboards drew closer, the coydog stood back as she door opened and the black and white figure of her friend became apparent.

"Good evening, Sedona. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Although she sounded tired, the Elkenfrey invited her inside none the less. Crossing the threshold she entered the other's home. "Howdy Falcon." The woman moved to give her hostess a gentle hug. "I hope I ain't too late dropping by. I have somethin' for ya!" The Gamekeeper smiled and brushed her hair over one shoulder and out of her face, transferring the cloth wrapped package from one paw to the other as she did.

Turning to Falcon she smiled broadly. "I know things have been up and down for ya lately, and I wanted to show you that I'm always here for ya, no matter what. It ain't much but, I figured it's a little something to help keep the bad vibes away and t'help ya always remember me by." The tan woman said and after a moment of hesitation, held out the delicately wrapped gift to her dear friend.

Inside was a handmade dream catcher that had been given to her by her grandmother and been passed down her family for generations. While it was a very special item to her, she knew that Falcon could use it more than she. "I hope ya like it..."

POSTED: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:38 pm

OOC :: Words→ 355

Falcon hummed appreciatively at Sedona’s hug, enjoying the affection. She kissed the older woman’s cheek as she pulled away and raised an eyebrow at the promise of a gift; what could Sedona have that couldn’t wait until the morning? ”Not at all—and even if you were, I could always sleep in,” Falcon said, smiling at her friend. Ezra was used to her showing up late to the papermill’s build site, though her sleep schedule had been… Off since Casa announced its summit.

Seeing Honrin every half moon didn’t help, either.

Sedona seemed to read her mind, though it wasn’t exactly hard; the Elkenfrey had been going through a lot lately, for better or worse, and the red-furred woman knew more than most. Her smile grew as Sedona explained the purpose of her gift: keeping the “bad vibes” away. No wonder she couldn’t wait to deliver it.

”To remember you by?” Falcon asked, laughing under her breath as she took the package, ”You say that like you’re going somewhere. I’m pretty sure we’re going to be neighbors until we’re both… Old...” She trailed off as she unwrapped Sedona’s gift, a quiet gasp escaping her lips. Falcon covered her mouth with one hand and stared at the small, delicate-looking dream catcher in the other.

A quiet whine grew in the back of her throat. She… She hadn’t held one of these since she was a child. In her mind’s eye, Falcon could see the pair that hung over her bed in the Old Wood; one for her and one for her mother. Back in their drafty, one-room cabin that always had a fire going. The hand over Falcon’s mouth dropped to her side, another whimper escaping her.

After a moment, she carefully rewrapped the present, placed it on the windowsill beside the door, and threw her arms around Sedona’s shoulders. ”Thank you,” the Elkenfrey said, trying not to cry, ”Thank you, thank you, thank you.” Maybe when her shoulders stopped shaking, she’d be able to explain.

Last edited by Falcon on Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Falcon uses he/him pronouns publicly (i.e. to most packmates, acquaintances, and strangers) and she/her pronouns privately (i.e. to specific, close friends).
Loners
Coyote Hybrid
Alexander
With great distinction, I carry on They stole my dirty socks... :( Spring Spree 2020

POSTED: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:57 pm

[+3]
ooc chat goes here

Sedona's tail continued to wag happily as she was invited inside and Falcon pecked her cheek in greeting. The two Mistwalkers were close friends by now and shared in a lot. It made the Whitesage woman feel all warm and bubbly to know she had someone she could come to at any hour and be so readily welcomed. "Not at all—and even if you were, I could always sleep in." The tan coydog chuckled and nodded. True enough. I'm glad I'm not bein' a bother to ya. She smiled, handing over the carefully wrapped package.

"You say that like you’re going somewhere. I’m pretty sure we’re going to be neighbors until we’re both… Old..."The pack Constructor splayed her ears and rubbed the back of her head. "I just meant if you're ever feelin' lonely and for any reason I'm not here, y'know? She chuckled and then fell silent as Falcon began to unwrap the dream catcher. With a mix of anticipation and nervousness in her yellow-green eyes, Sedona stood on her tiptoes to watch the woven gift come free into the other woman's paws. At first Falcon's expression troubled the cowgirl. She seemed shocked, then upset, tears brimming in her eyes. But before Sedona could ask if something was wrong with the present, she suddenly found herself smothered in dark fur as her dear friend threw her arms around her in gratitude.

Taken aback for one brief moment, Sedona slowly wrapped her arms around Falcon with a gentle murr in her throat, resting her head affectionately on the Elkenfrey's shoulder and giving her a little nuzzle. You are most welcome my friend. I'd hoped you'd find some meaning in it. She smiled holding Falcon close, able to sense that she needed the extra closeness for a second while she composed herself. Whatever her packmate needed she was there for her. She'd always try to be there for her, but that's what the dreamcatcher was for. For those realistic times when she couldn't be.

Sedona

POSTED: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:10 pm

OOC :: Words→ 355

”Never a bother,” Falcon said, glancing over her shoulder at the fireplace. Its embers had been put out a few hours ago, but she considered lighting it again; it was a lot chillier in the living room than in her hammock. The Elkenfrey snorted at her friend’s sheepish expression, distracting her from the familiar shape beneath the wrapping paper—just not for long.

Falcon sunk into Sedona’s arms as she hugged her back, trying and failing to compose herself. “My… My mother made me a dreamcatcher when I was born, to hang up next to hers. We’d hold it up to the wind to ‘blow the nightmares away,’ and I just…” Falcon trailed off for a moment, sniffling into Sedona’s shoulder. ”I just haven’t held one since I was a kid—the one she made for me in Portland broke after she left.” Falcon took a deep, shuddering breath as she pulled away. Sedona knew bits and pieces of her past, of where she grew up and with who, but it still hurt to think about some days.

Did her mother know she’d left Portland young, dumb, and neglected? Was Rowan searching the wilderness for her as they spoke, while her father traded trinkets for a smoke along the docks? Was she even searching at all?

Falcon found herself crying again, her shoulders shaking as she pushed the dreamcatcher back into Sedona’s hands. ”I can’t… I can’t hold it right now. I’m so sorry, I can’t hold it right now.” The words came out in a jumble, punctuated by shrill whimpers and choked laughter. ”I love it, I just… I just can’t.” Another laugh, weaker this time. Falcon felt ridiculous, but she just couldn’t stop.

The Elkenfrey glanced at the fireplace again, a makeshift poker propped up against the old bricks; everything felt so cold all of a sudden. ”Can… Can you get a fire going?” Falcon asked, knowing better than to light it with shaking hands; all Sedona had to do was pick through her firestarter kit for what they needed.
Loners
Coyote Hybrid
Alexander

Dead Topics