[M] Shot To The Heart

Sineria

POSTED: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:10 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC: SO sorry for taking so long to get this up for us! >.< In the woods on the edge of Winterwynd. Mid-day. WC: +4

IC: With a satisfying twang, the arrow released and sailed through the air towards its target. Sedona lowered her bow to watch the projectile as it buried itself in the soft bundle of grass she'd made as a dummy to aim for. Frowning, she growled softly to herself and swiftly drew another arrow from the quiver upon her back and knocked it against the ironwood bow, taking aim as she drew back the string. It felt good to release some pent up emotion this way, while re-familiarizing herself with her archery equipment. The cowgirl had been so wrapped up in other things she'd neglected the instrument which had been passed down to her from her mother.

After the brutal attack which left her marred permanently, Sedona had been left with a dark spot in her heart. An anger, a desire to do more than ever for the pack, and for herself. She needed to learn to defend herself (she now carried her old bone knife with her everywhere, even if she lacked any true skill to use it), as well as pick up on her skills again so she could help defend the Vale should the need arise. Today she practiced her archery not for hunting, but for defense of her home.

With each shot she took to the target, she intended to become more and more accurate. There was a slight breeze this overcast day, and so her aim was challenged. Narrowing her eyes, the scars upon her face pulling, the Whitesage woman prepared her next shot. Aiming for the dummy's head, she imagined her enemy, the massive scarred, one eyed Shaamah, before releasing her shot with a shout of anger. Tears formed in her eyes as the wind whisked her shot sideways, catching the dummy's shoulder instead, and she snarled taking another arrow from her quiver and getting ready to fire again.

She'd taken to being on her own a lot like this lately, especially when this emotional. Trying to process all of the emotions she felt by herself, not wanting to burden others. But by now, after a couple months of dodging away from the company of family (Phoenix), friends (Zuri, Falcon), and even her mate, (especially her mate), Sineria, it was catching up to her. She wasn't eating right, she wasn't sleeping right (when she did come home to sleep) and all she did was work on projects around the pack, trying to go on like normal, or slip away in private to practice her archery like today. She knew what she was doing wasn't healthy, but she couldn't face her pack mates after what had happened. Especially since there was no heroics involved. She'd not even landed a scratch on the man... Gods she hated him. She released the third arrow, aimed at the Shaamah dummy's heart...
Last edited by Sedona Whitesage on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Sineria knew what happened to Sedona, and he hated everything about it through her and from everyone who cared for her. He didn’t like that she felt she had to train to defend for herself, and he most certainly despised this fellow who did this to her. He could tell she wasn’t herself as he approached her as she practiced her shots slowly with some food and some hot tea for her to drink. As she fired off that third arrow towards that dummy he gulped and muttered,”S-Sweetheart...?”

He hoped she felt alright, but as much as he tried to comfort her throughout all of this he could tell something had changed about her, and it bore into him that he let this happen. Like with Sedona, there was a pain in his heart, a pain that he wouldn’t forget just as much as his parents’ deaths. He still cared for Yavapai, and he worked more and more now that she was training to fight like this, but ultimately he was afraid, afraid of what she thought of him now. He didn’t want her to think he was a coward, but since his own mate was training to fight someone else who scarred her like this instead of going out and trying to face this monster himself, it was painful to watch to say the least. He really didn’t want her to think lesser of him, not as an individual, not as a packmate, and especially not as her husband.

WC: 259
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:43 pm

WC: 290

In all her time spent avoiding friends and family in her grief, Sedona had had a lot of time to think. A lot of time to really consider the path her life had taken. Choices she had made and where they had lead her today. Things were changing in the Hawkesond's life, change was inevitable, almost always difficult but right now it was something the Whitesage woman sought desperately. She couldn't keep going the way she was, not after what had happened. Firing arrows into the dummy was therapeutic, sure, but it ultimately did nothing to help ease her restless heart. She could claim she was practicing her archery all she wanted, when in reality, anyone who knew her well enough could tell she was merely letting off bottle up steam.

As she grabbed for another arrow, tears streaming down her cheeks, the cowgirl barely heard the soft voice over the released twang of the shot. "S-sweetheart?" The arrow buried deep into the dummy and Sedona turned her head to meet the concerned, ever nervous form of her mate standing off to the side. While usually his presence would make her feel comforted, it did not today. Turning away swiftly from Sineria, she stiffened drawing another arrow, brushing the tears away with the back of her paw before taking aim. "Leave me Sineria. I'll be home to make us dinner soon." She spoke in a choked, gruff tone that was so far from her typical happy and upbeat voice. She didn't want his company. She didn't want his doting and worry. She wanted to rip this dummy to shreds with every last arrow she carried in her quiver until her muscles were sore and she couldn't lift her bow any longer.

POSTED: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Sineria looked at her as he pressed his thumbs together, and whimpered,”Y-You n-need to t-take a break from this..... th-this isn’t you....”He felt almost heartbroken over everything that has happened, and he kept beating himself up on the inside about it. He told himself,”If only I was there! If only I could’ve done something!! Why wasn’t I there?!?! Why am I such a coward?!?!” Those were the same things he thought back when he was just a young puppy, back when... he was orphaned after a bear took the lives of his parents. He was weak then, and told he couldn’t have done anything, but now he felt he should do something, for his pack, for himself, for his mate.

He put his hand on her shoulder, and he felt his emotions running wild as he saw the scar on her face. His eyes welled up with tears every time he saw those marks, and he hated the sight of them from the day she was attacked. He didn’t want to be some coward standing and frozen whenever in the face of true terror. He wanted to be able to fight, but he didn’t know how he could even do that, and he didn’t know what would happen as the end result. He feared for the worst as always, but right now he cared for his mate more than anything in the world, and most of all he felt like he needed her. So he looked her in the eyes and said, “P-Please c-come home....”

WC: 275
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:35 pm

WC: 797

A chill wind whipped through her hair as she steadied her shot and then released it, ignoring his pleading words. The arrow twanged off the string and soared true through the air, burying into the dummy's chest. Sedona knew the simple dismissal of her mate and promise of dinner wouldn't be enough to get rid of him this time. She'd been avoiding him probably more than any of her friends and family, struggling most with knowing how particularly difficult Sineria was taking everything. You'd almost think he was the one whod' been attacked with all his tiptoeing about and feeling sorry.

She knew with his past that something happening to her like this, and him being unable to do anything about it just made him feel even more useless, helpless and lost. And only reinforced his self-doubts and cowardice. After nearly a year of being with him, the Whitesage woman was growing...well, tired of being the one in the relationship that did everything, simply because she knew how. She was the one with the experience, the know how, so therefore her role always fell into that of mentor, rather than wife, she felt. Sineria was younger than her, yes, but he was not incapable. She above anyone else had shown faith in him, shown him the world and that yes, it was a big one, but it was also one he could go out into on his own. But he still seemed so reluctant to take those steps without her, and she felt smothered.

She wanted him to grow as an individual. Branch out on his own path, overcome his fears and try new things without her prompting or coming up with the idea first. Be spontaneous. Find his courage. She'd wanted to be there to support him and share their love as equals. But as things stood now, they felt very one sided, and Sedona found her heart was unhappy. Even now, when she needed him to step up and take control, he had shied away, scared. After this attack he seemed lost as to what to do. Saga had given orders to patrol borders and hone fighting skills, but not once had he picked up a weapon. He sat around the house worrying about her, not knowing what to say. She needed him to act and be the man she knew resided within him. These were all thoughts she'd had a lot more time to think on with all her down time since the attack...

His paw came to rest upon her shoulder and she tensed, pinning her ears. Yanking her shoulder out from under his touch, she rounded on him. "Sineria. No. I'm not coming home with ya." A soft, low growl rose in her throat. It was a sound almost terrifying to hear coming from someone so kind and gentle as Sedona. Fixing her flashing green-yellow eyes on him sharply she quickly stashed her bow back on her back. "Ya wanna know why? Because I'm tired of comin' home to the same ol' thing. I need to be doin' somethin' that gets my blood flowin, is useful for me, for the pack and ultimately helps me to grow." She frowned and lashed her tail. "If I ain't workin', it's gonna be this: practicing to defend the borders. You better get used to it." She huffed and then began to pace in front of him. She was clearly worked up.

She hadn't wanted to have this argument now, but all of a sudden the rush of emotion can spewing forth. "Besides, I can't just do nothin' with my days like you. I mean, if it weren't fer me givin' you yer own horse would you have ever thought to pick up more duties around the pack? Since I was attacked, have you ever once thought to go out on a border patrol yourself instead of doting over me? Or have you been too afraid?" She asked with a slight bitter taste in her mouth. She sighed, closing her eyes, knowing she was chewing him a new one and that she was likely hurting his feelings, but right now she didn't care. "Sineria, I love you, ...but I'm tired of feelin' like I gotta do all the thinkin' for ya! Yer smart, and you got so much life and potential in ya, just take that and run with it! Ya don't need me to tell ya it's okay! Be a fuckin' man, will ya? I need a mate that can handle things on his own and handle me...and as things stand, I don't think ya can." Tears welled in her eyes as she finally admitted her fear. That she would need to say it was the end of their mateship if things didn't change.

POSTED: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Sineria’s eyes widened and he started to tremble a bit, and he felt like she hit the nail on the head for the most part. But he’s tried to be all that Sedona wanted him to be, and he’s done a lot with her. Was everything, all those moments they shared together for nothing? Sineria did want to believe it, he absolutely hated the words that came out of her mouth in the way that they did, but all of it was true, and it especially hurt when it came from Sedona of all people. What was going to happen if she broke up with him? Where was he going to go? What was he going to do? At this point the only person Sineria could hold as close to his heart as his own family was Sedona.

Then suddenly something inside of Sineria started building up, and it wanted out more than ever before. His hand slowly clenched itself into a fist as this happened, the fur on his mane started standing on end, and as the tears left his eyes and slid down his cheeks he gritted his teeth in anger at himself. Then suddenly the white wolf couldn’t hold it in anymore, and it all came out at once in a complete and utter meltdown. The very first thing he did from this meltdown emerged in the form of his voice as he barked, “DON’T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?!?!?!?!”

In a fit of rage he glared towards the dummy and rushed at it and tackled it to the ground, tearing the arrow out of it before he proceeded to stab it multiple times with the sharp tip of the arrow until it eventually snapped it two. Once this happened Sineria stood up and rushed to a nearby tree and punched it repeatedly, and screamed,”I should’ve been there!!! If I was I would’ve driven my grappling hook into his damn skull!!! I would’ve gutted him then and there...!!!!” It seemed like the anger that had been building up over years of misery had been released, and instead of being sorry for himself like Sineria would generally do, it all manifested in a perfect storm of emotional trauma that came out all at once.

He punched the tree over and over again until his knuckles started bleeding, and pain finally overcame his anger. Afterwards tears rolled down his cheeks and he couldn’t even bear to glance over at his mate. “S-Sedona I want to change....! I want to change...!! I WANT TO CHANGE!!!” He barked out then leaned against the tree and broke down in a fit of sorrow,”I s-should be the one f-fighting.... I-I don’t want to lose you.... A-All I have is..... is.... you....”

WC: 483
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:52 pm

WC: 571

She knew her words stung him. Got under his skin. She could see that the more she said the more his expression shifted and the stiffer he stood. She did not however, expect the such an outburst from him. His loud barks echoed off the trees and buildings of Winterwynd only to be swept away by the wind. Sedona's ears flattened against her head and all she could do was stand there, watching, listening, as her mate finally allowed himself to free his emotions, years of them it seemed.

As he attacked the dummy, stabbing it with one of her arrows until it broke in his hand, Sedona's face remained sad but neutral. She knew he wished he could've been there, but she was grateful he hadn't been. Neither of them were experienced enough fighters against such a foe as Shaamah. She couldn't bare the idea of Sineria, who was even less of a fighter than she, getting hurt or killed because of her. Feeling numb, but with tears still burning in her eyes, the Whitesage woman watched the man's display grow more and more emotional, more distraught. The dummy was torn to pieces by now and he'd moved to a tree and began punching it.

Sedona made a step in his direction, opening her mouth to tell him to stop before he broke his paw, but he then collapsed against the tree trunk, knuckles bloodied and sobbed. Staring at him, sitting there crying, his words rang through her painfully. Closing her eyes the coydog sighed slowly and then made her way over to his side, crouching there and put an arm around him comfortingly. "Oh Sin...I..." She began but trailed off and just pulled him close to her instead while he cried. Resting her head atop his, she too allowed her tears to fall free. She'd been running away from confronting him, confronting herself, and what she needed from their mateship. She knew she was in the wrong too, and right now all she wanted was to make things right.

After a moment, she kissed the top of his head fiercely, sat back slightly and shook him lightly by the shoulders. "You're not going to lose me..." She said softly. "Not that way. And not if you really mean it about changing." She nosed him gently, trying to get him to look at her. "It starts by you realizing that I can't be your whole world... There's more to your life to be living than just what you do with me." She wiped away a tear from his cheek. "I just don't wanna always be the one to take charge. Ya wanna do something, go do it! Ya want me to go with you, say so and we can make it happen, but I want you to start living life for yerself, not just for me." She told him seriously. "Ya wanna learn a new skill, go for it! But I can't hold yer paw the whole way. I'll support ya, ya know I will, but yer gonna have to branch out more on yer own." She said and then sighed. "We can get through this Sineria. It's just gonna take a little time." She told him sincerely. "I know I ain't exactly been myself either, and I'm sorry for that. It's probably not helped things much..." She chuckled dryly and looked down, feeling unsure of what to say next.

POSTED: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:02 pm

Sineria looked at his mate and nodded with tears in his eyes and whimpered,"Y-You're all I-I have... y-you're right... I-I'll f-find a way to help you... h-help us.... y-you shouldn't h-have to do any of this Sedona..." He looked up into her eyes and hugged her close as more tears fell from his eyelids. If there was any motivation to stand up and grab life by the balls, it was what Sedona had said to him moments ago. "I-I'm g-gonna find a way... t-to protect you... n-no matter the cost, o-okay? I-I'll do anything f-for you.... i-instead of the other way around... a-alright?"

Sineria then released her from the hug and wiped his tears, and looked down at his bloodied hands and sighed,"I-I'm not going t-to be a coward.... n-not if it means losing you..." The pain stung, but losing the love of his life would hurt so much more than this. Sedona was the first person who tried to teach him about all of the joys in the world, and that he didn't need to live in fear for himself every waking second of his life. He knew how Sedona felt on the inside, he really did, and now he felt like he should return the favor, no matter the cost. "Y-You gave me s-something s-special S-Sedona.... l-let me... do th-this for you... d-don't f-fight alone... o-or at all if it comes to it.... I-I want to protect you..."

WC:289 (Sorry for the wait, got a bit overwhelmed over the weekend with 2 essays plus extra college work.)
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy

Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Mate to Sedona

Dead Topics