A nervous tick motion of the head to the left

Boone's first shift

POSTED: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:59 pm

I am the killer dressed in pilgrims clothing
I am the hard to reach stations of the AM band

When the time came, Boone took to the woods beyond the sight-line of the tents. It was late, and Boone made sure he was well enough away from the fires of the camp. He didn't quite know why he wanted to be alone, but for some reason it made sense.

It wasn't painful like he thought it would be. There was some discomfort, of course -- but Boone had prepared himself for more. He expected more. Especially after how compelled he felt to change. It was as if a switch had gone off in his head. He had to do it. It was the only thing he could do; the only thing on his mind. It was the metamorphosis that he had been keenly waiting for since he could first form thoughts.

Boone's limbs slowly lengthened as he clawed into the soil and new spring growth. The process was slow, but his body adjusted to the unfamiliar strain the shift placed on him in time. It left him drained, but it felt natural. It felt right.

He was finally whole.

When Boone got around to standing upright for the first time, he looked down at his outstretched palms. Hands. He had hands. Opposable fucking thumbs! He wiggled them for good measure. His fingers too. The movements felt natural -- as if he'd been like this for months. It was some real trippy shit, not gonna lie.

Both exhausted and in a silent awe, Boone took his first few steps out of the woods and toward the orange glow of the bonfires as a man.

Forward dated to the seventh, right after Boone's first shift.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:57 am

Dalia, while wandering nearby, spotted someone who had just shifted and she was eager to meet the new members of her pack. Surprisingly she was barely surviving on small bugs and insects she could find, but she still loved the hunting atmosphere so she didn’t complain. She walked up behind this stranger then barked,"Hiya friend! The name’s Dalia, I'm the new huntress here, and I basically am just looking to meet new faces. So who are you? Do you like to hunt? If so then I have my skepticism about the skills of others.”

She took a moment to examine this stranger then gave him a friendly slap on the back as she smiled at him and laughed,"You seem like an interesting fella, and from what I know that Vicira told me you all need furs right?" She took a few steps back then spun around in her stitched together clothes that were literally just a bunch of hides stitched together, and she smiled again. "I can make you some if you want now friend....er....maybe that’s a big step...how about buddy?....Companion?...Associate?.....Compadre?...." she then put her paw to her chin as if she was trying to think of more words to describe the minuscule relationship that has blossomed here.

Word count: 220
Last edited by Dalia on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:01 pm

She descended on him like a vulture, or a fly to fetid meat. Boone had hoped to wander back to camp without fuss so he could lord his first shift over his twin sister, but he soon found his path blocked by some sputtering stranger. He stopped and stepped back, regarding her with a slightly puzzled and cold expression as she gabbed on and on -- asking question after question, each of which Boone lacked the patience to answer. She lived among them, he could smell his mother on her, but that didn't give her an excuse to go full on word vomit all over someone she'd never met. Boone cut his eyes and humphed with marked displeasure.

She talked too much, he decided. "Boone," he answered, grumbling. "And I do what I want." If he wanted to hunt, he would hunt. But he was the son of the Aquila -- he was provided for even in the winter's famine. He was free to pursue other desires, whatever they may be. Whatever they were, Boone supposed he would find his them eventually.

It seemed all this show was to pedal her wares. He watched as she flourished her furs before him before launching into yet another fit of verbal vomit. "Aquaintance," Boone curtly cut her off. He sighed and considered her offer for a moment. The winter had nearly passed, but he could still find some use for clothing. "Maybe," he decided, "and what would it cost me?" After all, he didn't expect her to just offer her service for free -- or perhaps she would? Perhaps he could use his parentage as leverage. Hell -- Boone wondered if he could get her to give him the rags off her own back.

Boone is a little bristly.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Dalia shrugged and responded,"I dunno, pretty low rank right now so I probably won’t charge you a thing. Plus I've been doing all sorts of stuff, as long as it’s not too complicated. Complicated meaning like special colors, and zippers and anything that involves anything "special". You can pretty much gather that much from my garb now. I can sew, but I ain’t a seamstress by any means." She looked over Boone and she gave him a puzzled look. "Hmm, no clothing, at all? I swear that I was told that you all need as many hides as possible from what I hunt. I haven’t been here long though, barely enough to kill a few elk and a bunch of rabbits."

She then looked to him and smiled,"I'm still new, and looking to meet people, despite the constant....heheh... violent instincts acting up now and then." She laughed and realized that she probably shouldn’t have said that specifically so she added,"I haven’t gotten close to accidentally hurting anyone yet. Just don’t sneak up on me unless you want to end up on the sharp end of an arrow." She then thought to herself,"I haven’t really encountered many others though."

Word count: 213

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Boone didn't necessarily need anything fancy -- but he did feel a certain draw to a higher aesthetic. Although, judging from the clothes the woman wore, it seemed she was incapable of such things. Anything beyond the rudimentary, he thought. By her own admission, she was no seamstress, so Boone couldn't hold that against her. He would expect the bare basics, but even the bare basics had their use.

Just like this woman would, eventually.

"I just shifted," he offhandedly explained, "But Dad's got a blanket to keep me and 'Rari warm." On four legs, he had no need for clothes, but all that changed in the last hour and a half. "It doesn't have to be anything special. Just make me something." The demand was simple enough.

When she turned the topic toward violence, Boone's face contorted into a deep and displeased frown. "You do know who I am right?" snapped Boone, ever willing to throw his lineage around whenever possible. This woman made him uncomfortable, and felt like a threat to the greater whole of the pack. "If you threaten this pack, my Mom will kill you." Despite his age, Boone was confident. Being son of the Aquila, he felt untouchable.

Boone is a little bristly.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm

"This...pack huh?" Dalia said to herself and paused then she shook her head and said,"Sorry, that rings the same bells as about everyone else I've seen around here. But do tell me just in case you find it to be an issue. Plus threatening the entire pack? That sounds like a deathwish, don’t you think?" She took off her bow and quiver and set it on the ground and looked over Boone for a moment and nodded,"First shift huh? You’re a big'un too, for only your first time. When I first shifted I know I next reverted back. Never really liked hunting on all fours anyways. Plus that always makes hides harder to use with the teeth marks and what not, that’s why I use a bow actually....well that and it’s fun."

She then smiled at Boone and said,"Time will come soon enough to which form you like the best, whether it be sticking to one form like me, or just using the others along the one you usually are using. I won’t judge personally because they’re all useful if you know how to use them, but for me I never use the other two so I wouldn’t know anything at all on how to use them. Well....maybe lupus, but again being on fours and hunting just ain’t my thing."

Word count: 236

Ooc: For all who don’t see the irony in this check out Dalia's joining thread. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37552 if it doesn’t work, just copy and paste in the address bar.

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:15 pm

"Of course I think it's an issue," Boone sneered unkindly. His hot temper boiled under the surface of his skin. This was his pack. His family. His birthright. If any among them met the sharp end of one of Dalia's arrows, there would be hell to pay. "What? You think mentioning violent instincts is casual conversation?" Christ, he was little more than a child, but knew he was smart enough to keep those darker thoughts to himself instead of spouting them out to total strangers.

This woman made him abundantly uncomfortable. If his mother made the call to let Dalia live among them, she obviously made a lapse simple reason -- or maybe she was just too soft, which was something Boone did not expect of her. Her distant chill, how hard she made herself to be; Boone respected it. Envied it, and wished to emulate it himself.

Boone cut the woman off while she tried to talk to him about his shift. He didn't want to be here anymore, and he would make his opinion known. "Forget the clothes," he told her. "I don't want anything from you." He humphed and pushed past her.

Dalia was one to keep an eye on. Boone had much to tell mother.

Just want to say, Boone's opinions are not my own. He's kind of a raging asshole.
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:32 pm

"Violent instincts? Hun, you'll probably have a similar talk with your mom in the future about which form you prefer. I just like hunting is all, it’s what I live for. Now, do you get that temper from your mom or your dad? Because if you get pissed off over that, you'll really hate me when I’m trying to piss you off." Se snickered while he walked away from her and she turned around and spoke to him as if he was a little kid,"Well all things considered you may see me again, maybe. Just don’t get me all wrapped up with those precious little teen hormones of yours."

She laughed then bent down and picked up her quiver and bow, placing both over her shoulders and she began to walk away, but then paused and said,"By the way, hunting ain’t really violent if the kill is quick and painless to whatever is the prey. If I were you pup, then I'd throw that anger and rage of yours aside before you throw a tantrum and piss someone else off besides yourself. If you hunt in optime form like I do anger is only good in a fight, and hunting while angry just makes you slip up lots. Anyways, if you have anything else to say about me then get it out now." She smiled and snickered once more and thought to herself,"This kid is fun to screw with."

Word count: 249

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Oh God -- she just didn't stop, did she? Boone turned back to Dalia and scowled. He knew they weren't talking about hunting; he was more perceptive than he often let on. No, she had been talking about the others. Other residents, i.e. Boone's family and friends. It did not sit well with him, nor would it ever be something easily remedied. But she just went on and on, and with every word Boone seethed until reaching critical mass.

She asked if he had something to say. He did.

"You talk too much," he snapped before using his newly acquired hands for the first time. The fingers of his right hand balled tightly into a fist. He had never fought before, save for sparring with Nazario or 'Rari -- most notably, he had never thrown a punch. Surprisingly, the motion felt fluid and natural as he aimed a right hook at Dalia's face.

OOC text!
The Cartel
El Gallo
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Dalia, who has used this form forever since she had aquired it, stepped to the side out of the way and dodged the punch, and stuck out her foot and tripped Boone over. "This one's on you pup, because technically you were the first one to attack. But seriously are you afraid of hitting me? Because if you are that’s just adorable that you believe you can’t hit a girl. If you plan on running back to your mom and telling her about this it'll just prove my point and nothing more. You’re too immature if you took what I said as violent then this is just going to be much more fun than I thought."

She looked at him while he was on the ground and sighed,"You know this reminds me of my good my first week getting used to this form. Ton of the pricks used to do this to little old me, that was until I placed some harmless snares on a path and they ended up tripping on them. Payback is a bitch pup, so don’t do anything to piss someone off unless you know what you’re dealing with. Anyways, I have more important things to do than playing with kiddies, so if you see me high up above, don’t you dare tread near or else you may end up like those pricks when I was younger." She turned to walk away....

Word count: 245

Mistfell Vale
Hawkesond
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

Dead Topics