Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings

[AW; Haunted Forest]

POSTED: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm

ooc here

Smoky and herself had been allowed to stay, which was a good thing for this area was all that either of them had known. Once more the coyote woman was hanging out at the large, withered tree beneath which Smoky could be found. She held a mouse between her paws and gnawed on it while Smoky looked on. The smell of smoke lingered around the ghost puppy and he coughed. There are others here now. We could get them to give you something for that. She offered, prepared to get up and seek out a medic.

"Don't need nuffin." The puppy said and coughed again. "Don't hurt." But then he couldn't exactly feel anything anymore. He knew he should be cold but he didn't even feel that, though Arsinoe always said that he felt cold whenever she would touch him. It was the absence of feeling that was more disconcerting. He couldn't even remember ever feeling anything, so it wasn't that he couldn't feel that truly bothered him but that he could no longer understand what Arsinoe meant when she talked about feeling things.

But you could end up getting really sick. Smoky still wouldn't budge from his position on wanting to see a medic. In fact he retreated further into his den so that he wouldn't be found out. Don't go! Arsinoe called to him and got up quickly. She moved over to poke her head into the hollow beneath the tree to search for Smoky.

POSTED: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:32 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

The caves were nothing quite like the mansion back in their old home.. a struture that no longer stood, as a result of their most recent war. None of them were used to that harsh grounds of the rocky surface.. not like her uncle was. He always lived out in a cave, even though most of his family prefered to stay within the wooden walls of the mansion. But then again, nothing here was like home. All of them were going to have to adjust to a more natural setting to call their home. It wouldn't be like the large rooms that the mansion held, but they would make the most of it.

Crucifix laid on the small bedding of pelts the darker daughter had laid out for her, probably tired from the whole ordeal. All of Inferni had been through a lot in recent time. Faith pressed her way out of their section, her puppy sister following along behind as she made her way out. Blue green eyes shifted down to her with a smile before the pair made their way out into the relatively unknown. The younger sister took the lead, but made sure to stay well within her older sister's view.

They soon came upon the fog covered land known simply as 'The Haunted Forest.' Both girls could see how the place got it's name. Dahlia pressed on further, the robed girl keeping a closer distance to her younger sister now that it would be easier to lose sight of her. There was a chill in the air, almost a similar feeling to something she had sensed earlier in their journey here. The pup soon stopped, "Look. There's someone over there." One of her paws raised, pointing over to the light brown female with her head lost in the hallow of one of the large trees. The younger made her way over to her quicker, the older a bit slowly, "What are you doing?"

And here I am. Italics are Dahlia. +300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:36 pm

ooc here

Arsinoe removed her head from the hollow in order to look at the one whom was speaking to her. I'm trying to find Smoky. I think he is sick but he doesn't want to see anybody. She sniffed at the hole in the tree, the lingering scent of smoke still present. Come on Smoky. It's okay. I won't make you go. But still the puppy refused to reveal himself and remained tucked into the shadows beneath the tree, a barely there silhouette that Arsinoe could just make out.

He has a cough. Arsinoe explained as she pulled her head out of the tree once more. He's had it a long time but it has been happening more now. Before it had been an intermittent thing but now it seemed to have flared up with the the presence of so many bodies around. The woman sat down, stationing herself outside of the den much like a sentry would.

She glanced from the pup to the older female and then back to the pup once more. He's all alone and got no one so I got to watch out for him. Or at least she felt it was her place to do so as she was the one he interacted with the most. Plus everyone else just said that they couldn't see him.

POSTED: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Dahlia waited for the older woman to remove her head from the hallow, wanting to see for herself what it was she was looking at. She could smell that lingering smell of smoke, causing her head to retreat out before the other woman stuck it back in, calling out to whomever this 'Smokey' person was. When nothing happened, the pup tilted her head to the side, "Are you sure there's someone in there? I didn't see anything."

Faith was more in tune to things than her younger sister, but the idea of anyone being sick made Faith want to help. There was someone here on their new territory that needed help. The name was not familiar, so perhaps it was someone that was already here when the clan claimed this land for their own. Blue-green gaze focused on the woman, "I am sorry to hear about his cough. If you can coax him out we could take him to my Mama. She was one of Inferni's primary healers before she stopped to take care of my sister." Just because Crucifix was not a Magister anymore didn't mean she wasn't capable of aiding someone who was sick. Her mother was sure to have something that would help.

When the eyes of the two older women met, the robed one could feel her ears moving down. Eyes trailed down to her sister, who seemed to be looking back into the tree once more, "It must be really hard for him. I'd love to be able to help however I can." Faith moved herself down to the ground, getting more on level with the opening of the tree as her sister called out into the echo of the inside, "Come on out. I want to see you."

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:07 pm

ooc here

Yes, he's really in there. He's just hiding. Or at least she could still see him even if it was faintly. His outline shimmered and wavered but it held there still even if it was weak. Arsinoe yawned as a wave of tiredness rushed over her but Smoky's form grew more solid once again. As the trio spoke he slowly crept closer to the opening so that he could listen in, though he kept himself hidden behind Arsinoe's body.

When Arsinoe was told to coax Amoky out to take them to this woman's mother she ended up shaking her head. I don't know. He doesn't like to go too far from his tree. Or at least she hadn't ever seen him out of the sight of his tree. She had tried to get him to with her to visit her brother but he hadn't wanted to leave his tree behind. Do you think that she could come here? She wanted him to get help but she didn't know if she could get him to leave his tree.

Smoky sniffed at the pup who called into his home and sought to touch his cold nose against hers. Arsinoe reached out a paw and pulled Smoky close, tugged upon him to sit in front of her so that she could groom him. The ghost puppy coughed weakly and allowed himself to be pampered for a few moments before he got up to sniff at the other puppy again.

POSTED: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Dahlia's attention remained on the opening, waiting to see something or someone come out from the inside. From her position, there was nothing she could see. Even when the small pup began to make his way to the outside, her eyes hadn't followed any of his movements. She could not feel or see anything.

Faith's attention had trailed away from the woman sitting before her, drifting over to the tree as she seemed to feel.. something. When the brown woman began to explain he didn't go far from this tree.. there was a small hint of suspicion within her mind. Why would a pup that was sick not wan to come seeking a healer? Why not move so far away from this tree in particular? Regardless, she gave a small shake of her head, "I could try, but Mama has been wary of being outside the caves.. just as she was with the mansion.. Would he be able to come if he was convinced?"

Growing unsatisfied with her search, the pup moved her head away from the opening, turning back towards her older sister. Faith's eyes seemed to focus on the space before the woman, especially when the woman seemed to pull something in front of her, beginning to lick at.. the air? At least that was what it was from the younger sister's point of view.

The darker sibling saw something... more... It was barely there, but a very faint outline of something made it's form around the woman's front legs. One hand moved out towards the space she could barely see, "Smoky.. that is the one in front of you..?" Dahlia titled her head again, "What are you talking about Faith? I don't see anything."

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:39 pm

239 Words

I don't know. Arsinoe looked down at Smoky. I tried to get him to come with me to see Arkin before everyone came here and he didn't want to go far from his tree. She didn't understand that Smoky's attachment was to the tree, was to the place that he died. But then she didn't even realize that he was a ghost and that was why everyone had such a hard time seeing him. She saw him as solid, just like everyone else around her. To her Smoky was no different from Faith or Dahlia.

Arsinoe was quick to nod her head. Yeah, that is him. She broke out into a grin now that she wasn't the only one to see Smoky. She reached down and nuzzled at the ghost puppy. Though Dahlia spoke up and ruined the elation by mentioning that she couldn't see Smoky. He is right in front of you. She spoke to the younger female as she watched Smoky sniffing at her paws.

Smoky wants to play with you. Arsinoe stated as the ghost pup lowered himself into a playful bow, trying to entice the other pup into a game. Smoky didn't understand that he was a ghost either. He didn't remember dying. All he knew was that his family was gone. Once more he was coughing and his breath came in wheezes but while it worried Arsinoe it didn't seem to affect the pup.

POSTED: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm

It was all a bit.. strange to think about.. Why would a young pup want to stay only near this one tree? If he was in fact sick, wouldn't it make more sense to come with his caretaker in order to get better? If it was just because he liked the tree so much.. then it would make the task that was presented even harder. There were only a few healers in the clan, and with her mother being shut in by her own doing, it would be hard to get her to agree to come even just to here. To her.. there was not telling what was lurking around..

As Faith's had stretched out towards Smoky's body, there was a cold sensation against her fingertips. Eyes went wide for a moment, having connected something in her mind. This feeling was almost identical to the feelings she had encountered in the church. There was one difference.. In the church, there was nothing visible to her.. only what she could feel. Now with this case, there was a faint outline. She could see.. slightly.. what was causing her to feel this.

The robed girl's head shifted to the side at her younger sister, pointing out that she couldn't see anything. Could Dahlia not feel anything then as well? To her, it looked like the other woman was just nuzzling the air.. probably going crazy about something.

The younger sister turned her attention to the spot where her sister's hand had been. She was told whoever this 'Smoky' was that he wanted to play. How was she supposed to play with something she couldn't even see. Her older sibling could see this, offering Dahlia a smile, "He's there Dahlia. Why don't you two play for a bit?" Her head then shifted to the side to Arsinoe, "I'd like to talk with you for a moment if you don't mind." The younger one narrowed her eyes a bit to her older sister before looking at the empty space again, "Umm.. ok.. come on then?"

Once the two were occupied, the Civilis took this time to figure out what was going on. Her ears lowered to the woman, "Smoky.. if you don't mind me asking.. how long have you known him?"

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

Dead Topics