Perhaps the truth is not what we want to hear

For Shikoba

POSTED: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:33 am

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

It seemed like not too long ago, everyone in the clan was recovering from the war and make the preparations to make the journey from where they were situated to their new home on the other side of the mountains. Part of her understood the reasoning in which they were doing this, to get away from the hostile packs that surrounded them. They had already been through three wars, two that were the result of packs. She had only briefly heard about the war with the court from her mother, whom had just arrived to the clan in the middle of it all. It helped her to get the jump on her duties and lessons in the field of medical care.

But there was the part of her that ached this move. Her friend she had made along the beach. Coaxoch... What if he would make another trip to that beach, and when she did not show, discover that the pack whom Salsola now hated was no longer there. She didn't get the chance to say anything, and now to be able to make the way back to that beach would take much longer than it previously would have.

But this new home brought so much more to her. It was clear as the coyotes were making this journey that something had happened to these old lands, causing Inferni to moved to their now old home once before. What was it? Whatever it was, it was beginning to make the young girl feel things she had never felt before. The cool breezes that passed by her, the care of her family, and being able to protect the people and clan she treasured.

Dahlia had been the one thing that sucked up most of her time, especially now that she was getting to the age where she would need to learn how to do things on her own. It was strange to think that only just a while ago, she was just a pup, enjoying what she could of her carefree life. It wouldn't be too long before she was having her first shift. It would certainly make things a lot easier for all of them when that time finally comes to pass.. and her sister will probably enjoy it more than running around on all four paws.

Even so, there was no denying the fact that it was hard to act serious with so much white covering the surface.

Having reverted to her own four legged form, the two sisters kicked snow up at each other, the younger easily landing more hits on her older sister. A grin moved across her face, bringing her tail around her to protect herself as much as she could. Small laughter escaped from each of them as Faith began to chase Dahlia across the field, her sister's tail moving between her legs so that she wouldn't have something for her sister to get a hold of. Snow kicked up again in Faith's face, causing her to pause only for a moment before resuming chase again.

Let me know if I need to change anything. +500 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star Salsola's Top Poster!

POSTED: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:45 am

Optime | cNPC: Scuttle (+481)

The move to the new territory had been harder on some more than others. For Shikoba and his girls, it hadn’t been as trying on their psyche as some of their more long-standing clanmates. Shikoba was used to change, and Scuttle had not fully accepted or gotten used to the old territory to truly miss it. The move itself had been physically exhausting though, and the ragtag family had yet to figure out if their current living arrangements were what they wanted. It was out of the elements, however, and that was all that truly mattered.

They had gone about their usual routine. Having become less aggressive towards the other Inferni mares since the mansion fire, Wind had been allowed out to pasture. Kore and Eidolon had set out to either explore or hunt in the new terrain. This left Shikoba and Scuttle to work on lessons for the aspiring young scout. The Sciens had started them out with a patrol which, unfortunately, had proven uneventful and without much new-material value for the coydog. No one had come too close or had been bold enough to cross the coyotes’ borders, and the only prey that had wandered near such points had been small or insignificant to use for tracking.

So, the Whiplash had had to come up with something different for Scuttle’s lesson for the day. He had led them further inland of Inferni’s claim, his thoughts turning over and over as he tried to think of what to do. The sound of laughter caught the pair’s attention, causing both to pause in their step and turn their heads in the direction of it. Scuttle had been the first to move, her tail wagging behind her as she crested over a snow-covered hill. Her mentor and guardian followed after her at a more gradual gait.

While he was curious to see who was out, he had been more distracted with what to teach Scuttle than truly invested in socializing at that moment. As he came to stand beside the young coydog though, his wasabi eyes spied upon a heartfelt scene of two of the clan playing in the snow. Their names eluded him, though, the larger of the two did look very vaguely familiar. The other, he knew from her physical age alone, had likely been born in the time he had been away from Inferni.

Scuttle whined beside him, her tail whipping excitedly but shyly behind her as her golden gaze shifted from Shikoba to the two girls and back. Unable to contain her doggish excitement, an eager and playful bark escaped from her. From her body language alone, one could have guessed what she wanted: to play.

Smirking and shaking his head at the Quintus, Shikoba hailed the two females with a casual wave, “Hello, ladies. Y’all havin’ fun out here?”

Shikoba Whiplash

Songbird

Break me down

POSTED: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

The playful antics of the two sisters brought warmth into the older ones heart. All of them were having to push through the hardships winter brought them as well as the lack of food to go around for everyone. It was something Dahlia was good at, helping her older sister to distract her mind away from the problems in her life. Even so.. they couldn't be ignored for too long. The family needed to be taken care of and the younger sibling had to return to her own lessons. With all three of the siblings working together to hunt, maybe they would be able to provide more for the clan rather than just trying to catch enough for just their small family.

After the younger's kick of snow to her face, Faith chased after her once more, teeth playfully biting forward towards her sister's tail. Of course she would never harm the younger one, only a little nip at most to get her moving. Dahlia in turn had to think a bit smarter. If she was going to get away from her older sibling, she couldn't just keep running forward. She needed to kick some more snow at her again and then change her direction. Maybe that would work. Just as the older sibling lowered her head once more, she had been greeted with another flurry of snow to her face, the gray sister turning on her feet to run just the way they had came, "Can't catch me Faith!"

Dahlia paused as she heard the bark in the distance, her sister being far too busy brushing the snow out of her face to take notice to them yet. There was the brown male and at his side the tan female. Her ears were weird looking, having them bent over slightly when everyone else's stood up straight. She had been the one to make the noise, and the male had been the one to greet them. A smile came over the younger one's face as her older sibling finally joined her, content not to start the chase again while they were conversing.

Faith padded closer to the pair, the younger following closely behind her as a smile formed on her face, "Greetings. Yes, Dahlia wanted to have some fun, so I thought I'd bring her out here for a bit before we did her lesson." The younger sibling gave a soft groan. She knew she would have to learn one day, but didn't want all of her fun to come to an end so soon. There was still so much of the day left. Blue green eyes moved over to the female, offering her a smile as well, "We're open to having more if you both would like to join us. It might do some good to help relax." It had certainly been helping her.

+400 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
The Associate
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star Salsola's Top Poster!

POSTED: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:08 pm

(+317)

YIKES! Sorry for the wait on this! @____@ If you want to close this whatever reason, I’d understand! Sorry again for how long it took me to respond ;____;

If you wanna continue, feel free to take this where ever so that we can get to Shikoba figuring out they're Crucifix's daughters and what happened to the sweet lady x3

Scuttle’s tail wagged excitedly behind her as the other two girls approached. The older of the two of them looked closer to her age than the younger. She hadn’t interacted much with the other Infernians her age, having joined the Clan at the start of a war. The rest of the time, the coydog had kept close to Shikoba or tried to help out with rebuilding or hunting in the aftermath of the conflict with the Thistle Kingdom.

“Hi!” She chirped when they came close, her golden gaze flicking between the two other girls.

The Whiplash chuckled a bit at the younger female’s—Dahlia—reaction to the thought of a lesson. Kids. Though, he had to admit, the transition from a carefree life full of fun and games all day to one that was filled with responsibilities and other duties was a bit hard. More on some than others. “It’s pretty nice out here, ‘specially in the places where it’s new snow,” he commented, accepting the older one’s offer without actually saying it. There was something about diving into fresh, untouched snow that was just so immensely satisfying.

He clucked his tongue then, as if suddenly realizing something. “Where’re my manners? While y’all look familiar, obviously, I don’t think we’ve formally met, ladies?” He kneeled down so that he was closer to all of their shorter Lupus heights. “I’m Shikoba, and this girly here—” He reached over and ruffled Scuttle’s floppy ears. “—is my lil’ Scuttle-bug.”

Scuttle groaned, playfully snapping at his hand to chase it away. Scuttle,” she corrected with a bit of an embarrassed huff.

He waited for the two others to introduce themselves before he gave the three girls a wide grin, “Guess I better shift down if I’m gonna have any chance of keepin’ up with y’all, hmm?”

Shikoba Whiplash

Songbird

Break me down

Dead Topics