When the world don't orbit around you, ain't it fun

SNOWBALL FIGHTTT | "High" noon of January 2nd

POSTED: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:30 pm

OOC:

Come join the snowball fight, everyone is welcome! ;O

[479]

IC:

Virue hunched low in his snow fortress, preparing much-needed ammunition in his battle against the wicked witch of the northeast. He finished packing a few clumps of snow into round shapes and peered over his great parapet; a prince overlooking a once-grand kingdom. A cackle from beneath the shadow of a pine tree echoed into the cold air, and thereafter a voice: “Give up now young prince, for I have captured your fair maiden!” His crown sat tilted atop his head. It was made of neatly folded paper that had been re-purposed—Virue’s own penmanship still littered its crisp, white surfaces. The words ran in all directions, and never finished before hitting a fold, like runaway whispers, cut away from their own endings. Forced to stand alone, bitterly incomplete.

A snowman—erm, snow-maiden was behind the witch’s walls. Her pebble eyes were of a meager, frightened gray, and her mouth—a twig bent into the shape of a woeful frown. “N-never!” The prince shouted to the wind, as defiantly as he could muster. Virue adjusted his paper crown and stood to raise a snowball to the dreary winter sky. “Ne’er will I give myself to your evil, here ye here ye I am a prince loyal!” A white blur brushed past his whiskers, and his eyes widened. He garrisoned before he could be struck by the foul witch’s onslaught. The poetry that lined the air above him rested on a halo of paper and scratchy pen, and for a moment he thought he'd heard a verse tickling his ears. He shook it off and prepared his counter.

There within his fort’s snow walls the world grew quiet and muted. It was a bubble that did away with the noise of the outside, and shielded him from all that wished to claw its way in. The boy had but those few graceful moments of peace in which he gathered his snowballs. Then he'd leapt from hiding, screaming bravely like a maddened winter warrior. But the wild prince was immediately buffeted by a barrage of incoming snowballs. Virue’s crown was knocked free from his brow, and he fell with a dramatic show of mock-injury into the soft snow. The wind howled passively through the boughs of the snow-laden pine that marked the witch’s territory. Virue rolled to see his paper crown, snagged on the smallest of twigs. The wind tugged, but could not drag it away. He desperately crawled to the flimsy paper, his beloved words dancing, yet trapped in the cold wind. The paper ornament was within his grasp when Rialu stepped on it, pinning it to the snowy ground. He heard the paper crumple, but not tear. The witch towered over the prince, her red eyes leering, cackling a witch’s cackle. Her left hand held the final execution snowball. “Backup, backup!” Virue shouted through the air. “Someone save me from this fiend!”
coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Magpie still hated the snow, a year after she had shifted for the first time in its coldness, on the beaches of her childhood. It was hard to move through. It made her fur frizzy, like the rain did, and it bit through the thick layers as the dampness soaked her to the bone. She wasn't very tall, and the drifts caused her steps to struggle as she moved through her new home in an irritable fugue; her mood hadn't improved since leaving the past behind.

It was the cackle of imagination that roused interest in her, and caused her to abandon her safe place away from the damp, cold snow to venture out, ears erect and tail swishing curiously in her wake. What she found was befuddling: Virue, in the snow, and his cinnamon-furred friend standing above him. If she were a suspicious girl, she might have been concerned there was death imminent, but the girl was amicable and Virue was gentle.

The idea of fighting with snow was what confused her most, and the black-furred girl tilted her head, watching a moment and trying to take in everything she saw. There were structures made of the snow. It looked like there had been some kind of scuffle. And so, naturally, she wondered aloud, What's going on? in the hopes that she might be enlightened by the pair. She could use some enlightenment, after all; in the wake of Cartier's death, she felt like she was floating hither and yon, without an anchor, and friends might be the cure for it.

[wc: 268]
Inferni Membership: 6 MonthsInferni Membership: 1 Year
Avatar © Lin. Signature Doodle © Songbird.
The Cartel
El Mapache
Kiki
Luperci
all that glitters

POSTED: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 am

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

There was no denying that in the middle of winter, the land had a certain beauty to it. Everything white sparkled in the dancing sunlight, and the soft snow allowed for times of fun. Dahlia had been taking advantage of this, probably trying to not only find a better way of keeping herself warm, but also to skip out on some of her lessons. She wouldn't be able to escape them forever. Faith would not be able to take care of her little sister for the rest of her life, as she would need her own time to grow into her own person. It was her job to make sure that she was prepared for the harsh life ahead of her, and what better way to accomplish this than during the harshest season in the year.

The two sisters made their way from the cave, intent on making this another day where they were not doing much. The robed girl had been doing her best to keep her sister happy.

The four legged girl lead her sister through the territory, turning her ear in a certain direction. Faith soon followed suit, seeming to catch the same sound her sister heard. Having paid attention to when the two were having lessons, Dahlia began to stalk towards the sound, trying her best not to make as much noise in the snow under her paws. It was moments like these that made her so proud of her sister, even if she did act like she was interested in learning about these things. Guess all she wanted was to hold onto her youth for as long as she could before finally taking the step towards being an adult.

Following quietly after her sister, the two came upon the sight of the two throwing snowballs at each other. It looked like the tan one was losing the fight, and was even calling for backup. A grin moved over the lighter sister's sibling as her green gaze met with Faith. Her tail began to wag furiously, "Faith! You gotta help me. I can't make those things."

"Snowballs."

"Yeah! Those! You stay here! I'm going to go save him!"

It surprised Faith to see how more outgoing her sister had become compared to the timid nature she had when she was younger. Guess that was just that youthful spirit coming out. Maybe she would even back out once she shifted. Jumping in front of Virue, Dahlia puffed out her chest and smiled, "Don't worry! I'll save you! Get her!"

The robed girl had already been preparing snowballs for the attack. From her hiding place, she rose, throwing a few of them towards the witch before hiding back down to make some more snowballs.

I just had to. Dahlia is almost 5 months at this point. Also sorry Kiki, I had this already typed up before you joined D: +400 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 pm

OOC:

What am I doing, someone please define it lol

[674]

IC:

It seemed the prince’s cries for help had called the citizens of the kingdom to action. Dahlia jumped between the tall witch and the desperate Virue, exclaiming words of heroism before leading the charge with “Get her!” This caused Virue to release the paper crown and instead leap at Rialu’s legs. He brought them close together, and then freeing an arm, he began chucking handfuls of snow at her face. “Dirty tactics, dirty tactics!” He wailed, holding on for dear life. Rialu lost her balance and crashed backward into the snowy ground, and Virue released her, fleeing toward safety. He plucked his crown from the snow and placed it back on his head. Then the prince stood triumphantly, hands on his hips before placing a hand on his mouth in some kind of mock-inspection of Dahlia. He searched the ground, and spotted a branch buried in snow, bending over to tug it free of its fluffy-white prison. A moment to pause, gather his words and design his tact, and the paper monarch was ready to proclaim his decree. “While the noble Faith supplies covering fire, I dub thee young Dame Dahlia for your bravery in a time of utmost peril,” Virue dramatized, his voice feigning that of regal descent. He motioned the stick over the pup with the light and airy execution you might see from a royal figure. It looked serious, timely as a picture in an old book, or some joke that never lost its humour. It was true now, wasn’t it. Heroes aren’t born, they are spontaneously made by waving a damp stick over a little girl’s shoulders on a cold winter’s day.

Meanwhile, Rialu had risen from her fall, and had walked over to Magpie after hearing her question. “So what we’re doing is called a snowball fight. There’s no real rhyme or reason to it, you just pelt each other with snow. It’s...actually kind of fun,” the huntress explained, a short laugh at the end. Then she was struck in the back with a snowball, bits of white landing in her frizzy hair. She blinked, a shiver running through her as she wiped the remaining shrapnel from her head. “Kay, I was on a timeout,” she spoke under her breath. She knelt and packed together some ammunition, and held one toward Magpie. “You now have a mission, which is to seek revenge on whoever just hit me,” she deemed, “can I trust you with this? It looks like a three on one without you.” Then she scooped up the rest of her snowballs and ran toward her fort. “Ton royaume sera bientôt à moi foolish prince!” Rialu shouted, beginning to hurl just a few of her many snowballs at Virue and his tiny savior from the safety of her base. Rialu was very good at throwing, and her accuracy with snowballs was comparable to her archery. The wicked witch of the northeast was back, and she was back for blood. It seemed nothing would stop her on her vile conquest for victory; Virue’s one true love held captive, her stony eyes tearing for her handsome prince; an age-old feud between good and evil being held in the balance of this very battle.

Now under heavy fire from the witch’s snowy onslaught, Virue looked to the five-month-old Dahlia. “Run! Back to cover!” Before taking off toward his fort. The “prince” was soon huddled behind the walls he’d built earlier that day, counting his supplies. Twenty-eight snowballs, one rusty spade, and now a stick with mushy bark that was sloughing off. He was ready to wage war, it seemed. Snowballs continued to pound the walls of his tiny fortress, and at one point his flag (a red scarf wrapped around a stick) was knocked down into his lap, causing him to shout, “curses!” waving a fist in the witch’s direction before crouching back down behind his barriers. They would have to prepare a counter strike, mostly because he worked all day to make that flag stand upright against the wind.
coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:28 pm

You just pelt each other with snow, the girl said, and Magpie reacted with a moment of utter horror – who would willingly be pelted with the cold, wet substance that covered the ground? Did they have no sense of just how unpleasant the snow was? Did they not realize it was evil? Still, as two more joined into the fray, Magpie couldn't stop herself from feeling curious. Was it fun? It looked like they were having fun, even if the snow itself was a terrible, terrible thing.

Perhaps having fun was worth the horrors that would have to be endured.

She was given a mission, to seek revenge, and in truth the idea of revenge piqued the interest of the black-furred coydog; perhaps seeing someone else suffer would be a heartening experience. So you just make balls with it? she queried, uncertain of how to truly get into the game, reaching down to gather up a handful of snow (much to her personal chagrin) so she could pack it into an almost-round, suitably ball-like shape. Now who to throw it at?

As Rialu returned to the fray, so too did Magpie, who was terrible at throwing anything. The snowball she hurled in the direction of Virue went wide, lobbed through the air with reckless abandon to hit whomever it pleased – but not likely who it was intented for.

[wc: 232]
The Cartel
El Mapache
Kiki
Luperci
all that glitters

POSTED: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Faith could see the happiness spreading across Dahlia's smile as she made the rush to Virue's aid. Once she had given the command, her older sister was sure to begin the attack on the tan male's partner. Her aim wasn't the greatest, but it was at least enough to start doing something.

From the front of it, the lupus girl wagged her tail happily, the man behind her taking advantage of her distraction to get his own attack in on the witch. Making sure not to be in his way, the gray girl took a few steps to the side, barking out as she watched the other female fall down to the ground. Tail wagged even more behind her as she spoke back with her own taunt, "Take that witch." How fun it was to be young, to not have to deal with the adult problems that were going on around her. She wasn't completely blind to it, but this was certainly more enjoyable than thinking about all that.

Once the robed girl's assault of snowballs ended, she lowered herself back down behind her own hiding place, beginning to form some more in her hands. In the meantime, Virue had retreated along with the younger sibling, pulling a branch free of the snow. As Faith's head came back up, blue green gaze drifted over to the pair, just as Dahlia was getting her new title in this game. Giving a bounce of excitement, her attention turned over to her sister, "Did you hear that Faith? I'm Dame Dahlia." A large smiled moved across the older sibling's face. Dahlia really needed something like this. All of them did.

Both the de le Poer girls' heads turned to the side as Magpie came to join the group of four. There was a small pause in their game to allow the other female to explain what was going on. A snowball fight with some extra flare to it. Dahlia seemed happy to have someone else joining the opposite team. It would be too easy otherwise.

And then a stray snowball flew out, hitting the 'witch' in the back. The Civilis lowered herself, trying to take the attention of herself, as she had been the one to throw it. But it was at least enough to get the darker female to join in the game.

Then came the attack on their side. Virue and her younger sister began to make for cover, Dahlia feeling the cool of the snow hitting against her as some of the snowballs managed to make their mark. Magpie had been doing her best to help out, and so the snowballs kept on coming. Once the pair were in cover, their own flag feel down into the tan man's lap. Well that wouldn't do. Turning her green gaze in the direction of her sister, she whined, "Faith! You gotta get back at them. I can't do anything." Well.. not yet she couldn't.

Turning her attention on their opponents, Faith began to give some more covering fire, some snowballs hitting each other in the air before they could even make it to one side or the other. Now that this issue was starting to be taken care of, the younger sibling turned back to face her partner, "You should be able to get that witch now prince."

+500 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:07 am

As snowballs flew in waves and volleys through the air, Virue couldn’t help but admire the messy grace of it all. What was a kingdom without carnage littering its past. Old stories were written with words of grandeur and valour. Chivalry. Heroes were brave and just, and villains were at their best when they were simply evil, whether they were witty or not. But the bad guy was always just able to be beaten. Dahlia knew the importance of Virue’s scarf-flag, the pride it symbolized. It was everything. She urged Faith along, but before her words of encouragement could reign in their full effect, the war was put on hold. But not for long.

Faith nailed Rialu with a snowball, and soon the kingdom was thrown into chaos. Faith had herself a nice snowbank to kneel behind, and Rialu and her exchanged blows--snowballs flying to and fro in some maddening war of attrition. Virue was sure Faith would run low on ammunition and she would be overrun soon. Faith turned to him and Dahlia, and basically told them to go for the win. “I should?” He looked to Dahlia, realizing he should exude confidence as a monarch. He put his hands on his hips. “I mean, y-yes, yes. Of course I should! I am th-the greatest f-force of good in this fair land!” Virue exclaimed. To his surprise, that was when the witch ceased her assault, telling Magpie to do the same. The mist cleared, and she raised one hand in the air above her walls, and Virue thought she was about to surrender when she stood to gaze at both opposing forts. Her red eyes peering out at the kingdom’s last bastions. They were settled at the foot of the witch’s castle, ready to take back everything that had been lost. They were all ready to play, and play hard. “Pitiful fools!” she began before belting out a loud, convincing cackle into the sharp winter air. She stepped back and grabbed the snow-maiden’s head. “This fight shall go no further. Surrender your arms and forts, and come out with your hands, and paws, empty...or the prince’s fair lady dies!!” Rialu grinned wide, because she was sure now that they would have to come to her, and they would all be defeated by her hand. Her aim was deadly, and if she wanted to, her throws could come with some serious velocity.

Virue felt the cold gnawing at his fingers, but he knew it was his time to rally the troops. He was the lead role, the one everyone was supposed to follow, and he did not want to disappoint. He stood now too with his sword (stick) in hand, and pointed it directly at the witch. His bright blue eyes did not move or waver, they simply stared straight into the belly of the beast. “L-listen h-here, you str-strategically-inclined heathen! You are going to give m-me back my maiden and my k-kingdom, or you shall suffer the consequences!” Rialu smiled at him, then shook her head, delving back into character. “Last. Chance,” she warned. That was when Virue dipped back down into his fort and rubbed his hands together. He looked to the little girl there at his side. The only warrior that resided in his fort. But she was the only warrior he would require. “Oh brave Dame Dahlia, I ask for your courage and skill in battle once more.” Then he leaned in, smiling wide. “We’re going to win this thing together, okay? I’m going to distract Ri—I mean, the witch. Then you’re going to sneak over, and then when I tell you to, you’re gonna—” Then he’d leaned in to her ear and told her what she needed to do to save the kingdom. The only weapon he knew would work. “Stand by for commands!” Virue shouted to Faith. Then the battlefield grew quiet, and the prince’s plan played back in his head. He stood again. “H-hey w-witch!" He called. “What d-did you e-eat for br-breakfast today?” The witch’s face turned into one of confusion. “What!?” She replied.

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Oh, how Magpie regretted throwing the ball of snow. Now her hand was cold, and the pads of her fingers were wet, and she peered down at her palm as if to warm it up through sheer willpower. Naturally, this didn't succeed, and that only caused the glower on her dark features to deepen. Around her, though, was laughter. Bright, sunny, full of warmth – and this was infectious, and enough to make Magpie sit in the bank of snow behind the fortifications of the 'witch' to form more snowballs. Her aim was atrocious, it was true – but she would keep her team well-stocked.

There was a lot of speech involved, though the dark girl – who stuck out like a tree in a barren stretch of land, her black fur stark in contrast against the whiteness of the snow – remained silent. She wanted to listen, she wanted to make friends, she wanted to laugh with them, but she found herself focusing on the repetition of crafting the snowballs for Rialu.

[wc: 171] I FAILED YOU AND TOOK FOREVER, I'M SORRY.
The Cartel
El Mapache
Kiki
Luperci
all that glitters

POSTED: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Faith's aim was nothing to be boasting about, though with the combined effort of Virue, she managed a few hits on Railu.. of course in turn the 'witch' had managed a few shots on her. In those spots, she could feel her robes growing heavier.. and wetter.. That was the downside to all of this fun. Dahlia would have it much rougher though with the snow hitting against her fur, seeping down to her skin, rather than having some clothes as an extra layer.

But the tides were turning for the two sisters as well as their prince. Dahlia, having no means of making snowballs, could only help in giving the tan male some moral support. Her older sister was the one better suited for leading the attack. All three heads soon turned in the same direction, the witch giving her own speech, trying to get all of them to surrender. This was a good time for the darker of the two siblings to begin making some more snowballs, allowing the 'dame' and the 'prince' to handle whatever negotiations were happening right now. Virue spoke out against her, leaving the younger of the two siblings to stand and listen, tail pointed straight out in defiance.

The young girl's head snapped back to the side as the prince lowered his own head, speaking to her now that he had some kind of plan in mind. She was supposed to be some kind of a distraction. When he leaned over and whispered into her ear, paws carried her back a couple of steps in surprise, "Are you sure?" She didn't really get the chance for an answer before he shot back up, making an order for Faith before he began to make his own distraction, allowing for Dahlia to sneak up behind enemy lines.

The gray girl moved along in the snow, doing her best not to make too much noise. Blue green gaze of her older sister kept a watch on her, just in case something were to happen. They then started to shift between her younger sister and Magpie. Dahlia seemed to be able to get by just fine. Bypassing the darker female and making her way for the witch. Since it seemed Virue's plan worked, her body crept closer. Once she was at a good enough place, her one leg lifted up, starting to release behind her.

At first this was weird.. but now it was getting to be kind of funny.

The smell seemed to start lingering over the lines, Faith's head snapping over to her sister to catch her in the act, "Dahlia!"

"What? He told me to do it."

I blame Daniel for this. I wasn't going to do it at first, but then Dahlia seemed like a good troublemaker and thought it was too funny to pass up. +400 words.

Faith de le Poer

Loners
Coywolf
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:47 am

Virue smiled. “I wanted to kn-know, bec-cause...you’re fighting w-well and I n-need to know for next t-time!” Rialu shook her head and looked to the odd boy in confusion. “Virue...what?” He didn’t dare look at Dahlia as she snuck towards the fort. “Actually d-do you think you c-could teach me h-how to throw l-like that?” Rialu scoffed, then laughed, throwing her head back. “Not in a million years petit garçon!” She taunted. But then, something warm as the familiar stench rose to her nose and made her eyes water just a bit. “What the f—” but she stopped herself, grasping for words as she looked down at her urine-soaked foot. That was when Virue ran toward the Witch’s great castle, snowball in hand, and sent one sailing right into her head. Rialu fell backward with a startled yelp, and Virue held his fist in the air. “Now i-is our chance! Now w-we attaaaaaack!” He cried, waving his arms in the air like a maniac. He vaulted over the Witch’s snowy ramparts, when to his surprise, she had already recovered from Dahlia’s surprise attack. “Oh crap,” he lamented. “You’re dead, Virue!” She growled at him before pulling back and firing a snowball into his chest. Virue stooped to make more ammunition, but even before he could make another she pelted him in the neck. He fell onto his back, and another hit him in the mouth. He spat half-melted snow out from his mouth, sat up, then held his hands up to protect from any further strikes. The snowy bullets Rialu sent blew apart upon striking the boy’s hands and chest. Virue was giggling away as snowball after snowball was sent toward him, his legs wiggling in the snow.

Rialu eventually stopped to catch her breath, her arm cocked back halfway through another throw. “Virue,” she said.
“Y-yeah?”
“I hate you.”
The boy laughed. “I know,” he replied, not considering for a moment that she may have actually meant it. Rialu walked over the Virue’s beloved snow maiden, and grabbed either side of its round head. “Okay, that’s enough. One more move, and I remove her head from her...non-existing shoulders!” Virue knew that Rialu refused to lose. This time they were in trouble, too, because this time he was sure Dahlia’s bladder was empty. The only shot they really had was if they surrendered, then maybe the Prince would be able to be with his dear maiden again. Virue pulled himself up onto his knees. “Noooooo!” He cried emphatically. “You c-can’t kill her f-foul witch!”
“Pourquoi est ce petit prince?”
“Because...b-because I love her!” He told her, throwing his arms up in the air, and waving them in what he thought was some grandiose, melodramatic gesture. He was right, and it looked ridiculous. “Wow, Virue. It kinda makes me want to kill her even more?” She looked around to everyone else, laughing a little. “Say goodbye!” Rialu said, “this time the witch wins!” And she didn’t even get crushed by a house. Odd.

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

Dead Topics