Re: Teaching a Dog New Tricks

[Dalia]

POSTED: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Aliyah listened to Dalia's words. She wanted to at least try and shift just to see if she was a Luperci, but she doubted it. She carefully limped over to a nearby lake to make sure she wouldn't be seen, and after a while, nothing happened. Aliyah looked back at her scar, which was still how it was, but now completely cut open more. Aliyah began thinking about how she had gotten the scar, and then realized it was from a normal wolf that had attacked her, and her family. "Hey Dalia!" She barked, not much worry in her voice, hardly anything. "Turns out I'm not what I thought I was." Aliyah felt a little upset that she wasn't a Luperci, but that was okay. She thought that it was better to be a Luperci than to not be, being she had already seen two Lupercis. She had seen Dalia, and she had seen Vicira. Aliyah looked down and shifted her paws, and looked back at her scar, but she had an idea how she suddenly had an outburst and went crazy with that leaf. What if it was a personality trait? She did remember how her father had acted the same, and how he would occasionally go wild, and sometimes even end up attacking Aliyah's mother. Aliyah wondered if she had the same issue, and she also remembered how her father would kill prey aggressively and more graphical, and she was always afraid to watch. Now Aliyah was afraid, and she knew whatever her father had, it had been mental issues. Maybe he had passed that on to her, and now Aliyah had them too, and she was worried that she would pass those traits on to her offspring when she had any, and would be seen as a threat to Inferni.

Aliyah looked over at Kinko, Max, and Red, and felt sorry if she had freaked them all out. "This is because of my father." Aliyah explained bitterly. "My father had mental issues, and now I do!" Aliyah raked her claws on the ground. "I'm a complete enemy now! What will everyone think of me?"
Huge thanks to Zoingishly for the avatar!

Hello! I'm Aliyah. I'm a crazy wolfaboo and serval addict. I'm quite active and enjoy roleplaying, as it really helps me to train my brain and get more imaginative skills.

"An eye for an eye, wouldn't you say...?"-ALIYAH
Inferni
DEAD
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Dalia put her paws on Aliyah’s wound then she heard Aliyah’s words and she barked angrily at her,"Damnit will you please just focus! You’re not your Dad, you’re you! If you have a problem this big then be open about it and tell people, and maybe they can figure out how this mental thing ticks. I personally am a sanitas, and I need something to treat this wound that you have here, and I don’t have a bone needle nore the thread to stitch it up!" Dalia leaned inwards trying to put more pressure on it in order to stop the bleeding, and she hrew frustrated,"Damn, I need something to soak up this blood at least!"

Dalia looked to the others and Red and she saw Red run off into some of the nearby bushes. It was a good thing Dalia was in secui form, because with the greater weight of it as compared to optime form allowed her to put more pressure on Aliyah’s wound. Eventually the bleeding seemed to slow down some, but she wasn’t sure if it was going to start up again, so she kept putting as much pressure on it as possible.

Word count: 206
She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Aliyah tried to focus, and listened to what Dalia was telling her. She would be alright, and who cared if she was mental anyway? Dalia was right. Aliyah was not her dad, didn't look like him, didn't smell like him, but they both had issues. Aliyah was Aliyah, and there was nothing anyone could do to change that. Aliyah took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down and ease her mind. She felt awful for screwing up a day that was supposed to be fun, she felt awful for unleashing her mental issues on this day. It was supposed to be fun, supposed to be a day for her to be teaching Dalia some tricks and other things on all-fours. But now, instead of teaching, Aliyah was getting a scar healed, a scar that had opened up, a scar that Aliyah sometimes forgot about, and who inflicted it. Aliyah tried to think about who had attacked her. Was it truly her father that had given her that scar, or was it that creepy-looking wolf that launched a complete raid on Aliyah's family years ago? For now, Aliyah knew she had to know she was being taken care of, and before she knew it, she would end up being free from her awful, painful scar that had split open, but the good thing was that the bleeding was minor, and Aliyah would be healed quickly. She looked over at Red, and listened to the vixen's sounds of trying to get something out of the bushes. Hopefully Red would bring something that was comfortable enough to help bandaid the wound.

Aliyah tried to stop focusing on her scar and her father. Both were a big part of her life, and both were making a big impact on her right now. That scar was oddly...special. It made her proud for some reason, it made her feel cool and strong. But sometimes that scar was just a big nip in the tail for Aliyah, being it hurt like a paw trapped in a snare sometimes. Aliyah took deep breaths and tried to ignore the pain. Focus on you! Aliyah told herself. Stop thinking about your stupid father.

Hello! I'm Aliyah. I'm a crazy wolfaboo and serval addict. I'm quite active and enjoy roleplaying, as it really helps me to train my brain and get more imaginative skills.

Inferni
DEAD
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Dalia kept pushing down on the wound and then suddenly Red returned from the bushes with Dalia’s clothes, and Dalia saw this then growled,"Red why did you get those?!" She then looked to Aliyah and growled,"Red, you’re in so much trouble after we get through this mess." Dalia then then took her clothes from Red and threw them onto Aliyah’s wound, and allowed the blood to soak in as she continued to put pressure on the wound.

"Aliyah, this....problem you have mentally can’t be always bad too, but instead if you find someone you can learn to harness it for stuff. You know that is if you don’t get rid of it....I’m not helping am I?" Dalia said then chuckled nervously and sighed once she thought the bleeding had stopped to where it could be controlled then she laid down on her stomach and said,"Well....looks like I'm getting that out later, so Aliyah are you alright? Don’t try to get up right now or else it could start bleeding again. Just stay with me right now okay? You’re going to be alright."

Dalia then looked at Red who whined looking nervous from this whole situation and Dalia sighed then licked her and said,"Red, you know I like you but next time try to bring me something less.....personal."

Word count: 234

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:13 pm

Aliyah listened to her friend's words, and when she noticed Red had brought Dalia's clothes with her, Aliyah seemed confused. Why did Dalia just leave them hanging around the forest? Aliyah shrugged off the thought and focused on relaxing and getting the rest she needed. Her bleeding scar would eventually heal...hopefully. If it got infected then there would be serious issues for Aliyah, as infection sometimes meant death. My mental illness can't be the key part in my life. Aliyah thought angrily. It should go away, but the only way is if I end up having true friends or whatever. Aliyah took in deep breaths and knew everything would be alright. She looked at Red and then closed her eyes. And when she closed her eyes, she usually dreamt or instantly saw something no one else did.

As Aliyah kept her eyes shut, and relaxed, she had a ton of flashbacks travel back to her mind, showing that there were still there. One flashback she had was her mother being attacked by her father, and then her siblings being attacked too. Aliyah remembered how she had fled, and was found by her father, who had landed a pretty nasty blow on Aliyah's leg, the scar that was bleeding. Aliyah tried to shut out the memory, but it was too strong. She remembered how she had tried to run away, but her father tugged on her leg, ripping off some of her fur. Aliyah had nearly bled to death until her mother had came to her aid, patching up the wound as quickly as she could. At least Dalia knows how to treat wounds like mine. Aliyah thought. Otherwise I'd be dying right here instead of teaching her all-fours tricks.

Once Aliyah had healed after resting for a period of time, she realized the bleeding had stopped, and a scab was starting to form over the wound. "Well, ready for hunting the way my kind does?" Aliyah asked with a smile.

Inferni
DEAD
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Dalia paused sitting there in secui form still, and she looked over at Aliyah then frowned. "I would if that scab was more sturdy, or if we had proper bandages," Dalia said then shot a quick glare at Red then she looked back to Aliyah and said,"Anyways you really shouldn’t push that wound of yours. It could get torn up really bad if you go taking off and running. Personally I would only walk on something like that, or just try walking on three legs if you have to."

Red then walked over to Aliyah and curled up into a little ball then layed down. Dalia smiled at this then did the same as Red and she smiled down at Aliyah and said,"That doesn’t mean I don’t want to learn how to hunt though. I mean I saw you doing it earlier, and I think I got that basics....but....only the basics at most. For now we should just let that thing heal up for.....at least a night, and then you might be able to run. Don’t go all out though if you don’t need to or else damage could be done and reopen what’s there, you follow me?" Dalia then licked Aliyah’s face and giggled,"Doesn’t mean I ain’t going anywhere either, I’m a sanitas after all. I provide for the pack and help when I can with caring for pack members if they get all ripped up."

Word count: 253

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Aliyah nodded and smiled, looking back at her scab again. Maybe I should take it easy. She thought. Kinko and Max looked at her, both heads tilted to one side. Aliyah decided to try and walk on three legs, and being she had done it before when her siblings accidentally scratched her up in a play-fight, she was good at it. The urge to hunt kept yanking Aliyah forward, but she didn't want to mess around for her own sake. She instead decided to curl up and rest instead, her eyes relaxed. "Perhaps maybe you could hunt, or should I teach you?" Aliyah asked. "I can do anything on three legs as good as I can do anything on four legs!" Aliyah suddenly felt excited, and maybe she could teach Dalia how to hunt, while Aliyah was on three legs. "Red and Max can help, even though Max would probably be more aggressive. He's nearly a year old now, you see, since I got him." Aliyah slowly got up, looking back at her scar every little moment to make sure that it didn't open up again and spill out more blood. There was already dried blood around the area anyway, all brown and dark red.

Aliyah shook out her fur and began limping carefully and slowly, eventually starting to get better at it. Sure, it would take a while before her scar was a complete scab and was prone to being unopened. Aliyah was still confused on why her scar had opened up that time, it was already basically closed. Maybe I scratched it on something? She said to herself quietly. There has to be a way my scar opened, couldn't have opened randomly. Aliyah had a sense her father was alive, but maybe he wasn't. He had been old anyway, and was nearly eight by the time Aliyah was leaving her family to join Inferni. "We could hunt rabbits again." Aliyah murmured, but she realized she was just talking to herself, and not to Dalia. What is up with me? Aliyah asked herself, narrowing her eyes. This was completely abnormal for her.

Inferni
DEAD
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Dalia smiled at Aliyah and said,"You can teach me as much as you want to, but again don’t push yourself too hard." Dalia then paused and thought to herself,"Maybe....if she was luperci then she'd have an easier time managing her leg, in optime form..." Dalia then looked over at Red then to Max when Aliyah brought them up and she sighed,”Aliyah, Red is welcome to help me out as much as she want to, but Max is yours. I also feel that he'd rather stay with you and be with you considering you've been bonded with him that long, so for now let’s just get you someplace where your wound can fully heal up, alright?"

Dalia watched Aliyah as she stood up, ready to assist in any way that she could if she needed to then she walked up to Aliyah’s side and said,"Try not to be hobbling around like that forever, you still need that other hind leg in tact now don’t you?" Dalia continued to walk with Aliyah and she peered back to see that Red had followed them, and she dragged along Dalia’s clothes in her mouth. For a moment Dalia thought that she should scold Red for dragging her clothes like that, but she was more concerned with Aliyah at this moment in time. It was then Dalia’s ears perked up for a moment as she heard Aliyah murmur something and she asked,"What did you say Aliyah?"

Word count: 256

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Aliyah nodded, wanting the best she could get possible for her health. She wanted to go easy on her leg so that way the scar wouldn't split open. Everything would be much better if I was a Luperci. Aliyah thought, another reason for her to feel upset about not being a Luperci. Nah, it's alright. You'll probably get bitten one day. Aliyah began thinking about Max. Dalia was right about him. Max had been together with Aliyah for so long, and would dislike being away from her. Aliyah knew she couldn't be walking around like this forever, limping, otherwise she'd just be used to walking like a cripple. Aliyah began thinking bitterly about her aggressive father, and how he had attacked her. Now look at what you've done! She thought angrily, wishing she could yell this to her dad. I can hardly walk now because of you, you monster! Aliyah began remembering about how she was murmuring about wanting to hunt rabbits again, and when Dalia had asked her what she had said, Aliyah knew she had been talking to herself. "Just talking to myself." She answered. "Nothing to worry about." Aliyah decided that maybe talking to herself more would help, but maybe thinking would help too. Aliyah wanted to ask herself why she was murmuring about hunting rabbits, and she felt stupid. You're mental like your dad. You're going to be acting like this. Aliyah remembered that was what her mom had told her after Aliyah had been afraid about why she was behaving so weirdly. Your father is insane for doing this to you, I mean, look at your leg! Aliyah could imagine what her father probably looked like, if he was even alive.

Aliyah could just see what her father looked like. Tattered fur, worn-out looking, blood all over him, an angry expression. The thought of it all made Aliyah tremble, as she believed she could see him right now. His growls had always sounded insane, with his eyes always showing glints of hostility, and his voice always sounded angry, and that he was having another "episode". Aliyah used to think her dad just had anger issues, but after learning he was mental, and she was too, Aliyah harbored no more love for her father, and only hate. If I find you're alive, you're just going to be a scrap of meat laying there. She said in her mind. Aliyah would never kill her father, and her dead mother would probably be scared. She would probably become an insane murderer anyway. Her scar began to sting, but she ignored it. I don't want Dalia seeing me like this. I haven't even finished teaching her tricks yet! Aliyah murmured in her head. Just then, she noticed a wolf that looked like her father, blood all over him, an insane expression, laughing insanely. She jumped back in fear, and she covered her face. "No!" She yelped, tears forming in her eyes. "Get away from me, dad!" Aliyah could sense her father walking towards her, a sadistic look on his face.

Inferni
DEAD
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:23 pm

"ALIYAH!!!" Dalia barked as she heard Aliyah yell out something in attempts to snap her out of whatever trance she was in. Dalia nudged Aliyah lightly and barked,"Aliyah he isn’t here right now, just don’t think about him! Just focus on on who’s here! Focus on who is here with you! Focus on Max, Kinko, Red and me! We're your friends Aliyah, and we’re all that’s here aside from the territory. If you’re really worried about your father then go tell people about him. We’re in the same pack Aliyah, so we protect each other!" Dalia then ran out in front of Aliyah and walked right up to her as if to stop her.

"Aliyah, if you want to talk about your father, about whatever your issue is with him then I'm here, we’re all here for you. Just snap out of it and talk to us, please." Dalia whimpered and she leaned down then nuzzled Aliyah, and she leaned against Aliyah a bit and she started to cry. "Aliyah y....you're my first friend, a....and I don’t want to lose you like this! I'll find someone for you, and we'll fix this! I don’t know who or how just yet, but we will fix this!" Dalia cried.

Word count: 225

Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci

Dead Topics