A Visit to the Church

Faith (St. Paul’s Church)

POSTED: Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 am

Dalia was just wandering around Inferni again in optime form, and she carried her shy, but playful, vixen, Red, in her arms as she walked. "I just don’t get it, everyone always sees you as prey Red, but you hunt, you kill, and it’s all for the pack." Dalia exclaimed and Red tilted her head up at Dalia then licked her face. Dalia smiled at Red and returned the favor by scratching the one area behind Red’s ears that she knew her precious little vixen couldn’t reach. Dalia then looked up and she saw a large building with a huge steeple, and she stopped where she was and stared at it in awe for a few moments.

Red then barked and that snapped Dalia’s attention back from her own nostalgia, and she looked at Red and said,"What? You bored?" Red just gave another bark then she licked Dalia’s face again. Dalia sighed then she watched Red’s tail as it wagged with excitement, so she nuzzled Red and began to walk towards the church.

The two walked up to the entrance of the large church, and Dalia, again, looked up in awe at the sight of this large, great structure before them. This was the largest building Dalia had ever seen in her life, and being in its presence made Dalia feel small and intimidated. The large tower only added on to this feeling as in her mind she thought of it as some sort of watchtower that was used to survey the surrounding area.

Word count: 262

She’s an odd gal with an itchy trigger finger.
Inferni
Sanitas
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Huntsman

POSTED: Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 am

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

Faith hadn't been to the large structure resting along the edges of Inferni's border. She had gone one time before, meeting up with Jhiral and discovering the presence of the spirits either trapped there or choosing to remain bound to this world. Each one had a different reason for being, though perhaps she might be able to help them find the way to God's golden gates.

Since then, she had neglected being in the Lord's light.

The robed girl made her way from the caves, stepping out into the light. Dahlia decided to stay with their mother while she went along to the building. Her younger sister had the connection to the Lord that came from their mother, but did not hold the fear of sin that she had... that her mother had... Something from Izual perhaps? Maybe she would have a mindset like her uncle, proving that anything other than coyote was tainted... left to die at their hands. It was... wrong...

As she neared the structure, blue green gaze caught sight of the woman standing before the doors, turning her gaze up towards the tower as he carried the vixen in her arms. Someone new to the clan? Had she come when the Civilis was recovering? There really was no telling. What was obvious was that she held Inferni's scent, so she was one of them.

Her paws carried her forward, stopping along to the woman's side, offering her a smile, "I wasn't expecting anyone else to be up here."

+200 words.

Faith de le Poer

Inferni
Civilis
Salena
Luperci Spiritualist Chaos Star

POSTED: Fri May 11, 2018 11:37 am

Dalia’s ears perked up when she heard something approaching her, and then turned to see that it was another woman who carried the scent of a fellow infernian. When the woman smiled at her and spoke, her expression and smile was unlike any that she had seen within the pack except from her secret lover, Aliyah. "Oh? Uh...hello there uh...miss, am I doing something wrong?" Dalia asked and she turned towards this woman with her head tilted to the side, and Red looked at the stranger too, curious.

Dalia saw the garb and robes on this woman and compared it to her own and sighed, then she decided to introduce herself. "I’m Dalia, I’m a Sanitas now, and I’ve been here for a couple months now I guess. This is Red," Dalia looked down at Red and the shy vixen just looked up at Dalia nervously. Neither of them have had very positive reactions with many other infernians up until now, and they were both pretty nervous right now. Dalia was more nerved up now than Red actually, with the additional thought of Aliyah, who had gotten herself involved with Dalia’s personal problems. While Dalia found this nice, and thoughtful of Aliyah, she knew that Aliyah would be better off if she stayed out of it.

"I was just...curious is all, things like this weren’t around my home and....well I haven’t seen one yet." Dalia exclaimed and looked back up at the church again.

Word count: 261

Inferni
Sanitas
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Huntsman

POSTED: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:38 pm

As the robed girl approached the building, along with the newcomer standing outside, her head couldn't help but turn in confusion. Doing something wrong? The structure was within the boundaries of their territory, leaving it open to all clan mates. Even Jhiral, the one who had claimed a section of the building as his home, understood this communal fact. Even though she was new to the clan, it struck confusion that she would think she had done something wrong by simply standing outside the Church.

A small smile crossed along Faith's muzzle as she shook her head, "No,you've done nothing wrong. It's just that I don't see many come this way when I do."

With the confusion out of the way, it had been time to move on to introductions. The other had gone first, introducing herself as Dalia. A soft laugh managed to escape from her lips as the other finished, "It's a pleasure to meet both of you. Sorry if I offended you any. One of my sister's name is Dahlia as well. Dahlia de le Poer." There was a small pause before there was the slight bow of her head, "And I am Faith de le Poer, Civilis of Inferni."

Turning her attention back on the church, Faith took a couple steps towards the entrance, "This building is holy to those of our faith. It's a house of the Lord. Would you like to join me inside? I came to offer my prayers to him and company the wandering spirits."

+200 words.

Faith de le Poer

Inferni
Civilis
Salena

POSTED: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Dalia paused then she nodded to Faith and said, "I think I will, but.....I’m not sure how welcome I will be here. I'm....not very religious, but that doesn’t mean I'm not exactly open to trying something new." Dalia walked towards the church, and looked down at Red then Dalia sighed, "My life has....certainly gotten interesting since I got here, so maybe religion would be good for me right now." Dalia’s ears lowered a bit as she looked down at Red and pet the small fox to comfort her. Dalia smiled a bit, but she had a somber look to her as she walked towards the church as she thought about Aliyah, and what she might be doing right now.

Dalia took a deep breath and sighed as she now stood directly in front of the door with Red in her arms. Dalia then turned back towards Faith and asked, "So, what’s the religion here in Inferni? Also, you aren’t going to say that Red here is food right?" Dalia scratched her head a bit awkwardly and hoped for a positive answer. Dalia definitely knew of the food shortage around Inferni, but she didn’t believe that every animal was food for consumption. Animals like Red can be tamed and can hunt for the pack, and Red has already killed more than her own weight tenfold. However, Dalia still couldn’t shake the thoughts of Aliyah, and if anyone she thought that she would rather be by her secret lover’s side than here, or anywhere really.

Word count: 272

Inferni
Sanitas
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Huntsman

POSTED: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Faith was attentive, listening to the newcomer's statements as they came. Her mother had been the one to teach her that there were those of many faiths. While there were those in her family whom would claim anyone outside of the God's faith was a sinner, Crucifix knew better. The world was so much more than that. The wrath of God had come down upon both sides of the family no matter whether their faith was stronger or weaker... wrong or right...

A smile returned to her maw as her gaze rested on Dalia, "You don't have to be a believer to enter his home. Perhaps you may feel something when we go inside. I offer my prayers and spent some time with the spirits still wandering the halls. Perhaps we can talk some while we are inside."

The Civilis turned, gently pushing the door open to the decaying structure. There was a pause before she ventured inside, feeling a rush of cold swirling around her. It seemed the spirits were happy to see her return. Dark hands were held out as if to nothing as she allowed the sensation to travel around her body, then pressed forward inside the church.

Blue green gaze moved down to the animal resting in her arms before her head adjusted to the other female. The soft smile along her face grew as she offered her hand out to the vixen, "Times were tough when Inferni first traveled to these lands. We had to kill some of our livestock to survive.. but I wouldn't bring harm to anyone's companion unless they themselves had decided on the choice to make them food." It probably didn't sound too reassuring, but there was no reason to believe it would be food. Their living situation had grown better from before.

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Inferni
Civilis
Salena

POSTED: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Dalia heard Faith welcome and open the doors so she followed her in with Red. "I'd just like some time to calm down a bit because my...friend is trying to fight my battles for me in a manner of speaking. I worry for her..." Dalia stated, and gave Faith a nervous look and continued, "She shouldn’t have to do that for me, and I worry for her sake. I guess if there’s anything I would pray for then it’s her." She watched Faith open the door, and Dalia followed her in with Red in her arms.

Dalia listened to Faith and looked down at her beloved fox, and Red looked back up and let out a small whine. Dalia slowly handed Red to her then whimpered, "She’s skittish, especially with all that has happened around here recently. She’s just shy around new people, and she isn’t sure who she can and can’t trust, I think." Dalia sighed and kept close to Faith, and pet Red to calm her down as the poor fox trembled with fear. "She’s always like this with new people, sadly, but she usually opens up after some time." Dalia looked at Red and sighed,"Having Red helps though, she’s always here for me."

Word count: 228

Inferni
Sanitas
Ben, Sineria, Dragonman
Luperci Huntsman

POSTED: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Faith's head tilted slightly at the notion Dalia presented her with as they stepped inside. She wasn't more so worried for her own sake, but rather another. It was an interesting premise, and one that could be related to. Head tilted up towards the ceiling in thought before it lowered back down to her guest, "There's nothing wrong with wanting to be protective of others. I think it's nice that you have a friend so willing to defend you. Sometimes even the smallest things can matter the most." There was pause before she continued, "If you don't mind me asking, is this worry because you feel she is speaking for you or rather just from a fear of speaking up? It's alright if you don't want to talk about it."

Animals were always a strange topic for one like the Civilis. Her talents relied more on her faith and other aspects, but that didn't mean she was oblivious to the fact that these animals had personalities and fears just like the rest of them. A small smile crossed over her maw, "I'm not sure if you've met my sister, Hope, but if you catch her around the territory, she is much better with animals than I am. Perhaps she might be able to help Red come out of her shell a bit more."

Trust was a fine line that had to be walked. There were many in the clan that might look at a fox as an easy meal, and not knowing better, could bring harm to one's own friend. Prey had slowly begun returning to the land, meaning they were no longer in a state of starvation, but it was still rough on the coyote population.

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Inferni
Civilis
Salena

Inferni