Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me?

NPC joining!

POSTED: Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am

There was a golden sun in the sky but it was different from the golden sun that commanded the Cenizan sky, Diego decided as he waited. Moments before, he had lifted his tawny head to the open, cloudless blue and let his wailing coyote howl out imploringly.

And then he waited; they waited. Lowering his rump, Diego sat at the well-decorated borders in his Lupus form and curled his bushy tail around his toes, thinking how Inferni's sun lacked the same oppressive intensity that Ceniza Valley's had. It had been nice to remember how brutal a Southern sun could be, though it made it heart miss it all the more now. Diego shook his head, dislodging dirt and dust from his travels, and shifted his front feet toward the center of his body. He'd get used to Inferni's sun again, he knew. While it had been good to visit Ceniza Valley again, Inferni was his home.

And he had finally returned.

"Woah! That is SICK!" But the fascination in her voice suggested that she was impressed, rather than disgusted or offended.

Diego turned his head and watched the thin, leggy figure (with his coati on her shoulders) jog toward the skull decorations marking Inferni's borders. "You ain't no member yet, Niña, so don't you go touchin' 'em!" he yapped, rising to his feet.

Making his way back from Ceniza Valley, Diego had gone straight north, rather than hugging the coast, and stopped to rest for a time in some place that had revered him like a god. The fire of his ego appropriately stoked, it had seemed like a good idea at the time to bring a little piece of that back to Inferni with him.

Except, Diego was quick to realize, Paninya was ending up to be the worst decision he had ever made. Not only was she a craftier thief than he was, she had also won over his coati and, perhaps worst of all, she did not share in her tribe's reverence of him. The girl had dashed all of his hopes and dreams.

He was eager to be rid of her. Or, at least, be given a break from her.

Sticking out her tongue at him, Paninya turned back to the skulls and gawked, her mouth parted in awe. Standing nearby, Diego hoped that someone would be by soon.

OOC: Wooooo! Diego is back from wintering in Ceniza Valley! And he's got a friend nemesis with him! >:D

[WC — 403]

Inferni
Civilis
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 10, 2018 7:45 pm

“You okay?” Clover asked, concerned brown eyes flashing under a heavy brow as Tletica sucked in a breath.

The russet coyote nodded. “Yeah,” she said. “Just hot still.”

“It’s better hot, trust me,”
the dog said, and put the hot compress back on her friend’s wrist. She held it there with big but gentle hands, letting the distinct smell of the meadowsweet tea she heated wash over them. The rag that she wrapped the girl’s wrist with was soaked in the stuff – meant to help with pain. Harosheth always said it worked miracles for her arthritis, and maybe it would reduce the ache of an archer’s wrist, too.

Tletica smiled after a minute. Hesitantly, Clover smiled too – but then her expression changed as a howl echoed over the trees. She was on her feet and wagging her tail excitedly in an instant.

“Who’s that?” the Lykoi asked.

“Diego,” the dog barked. “He’s back.” A man who had taught her so much about his faith, who alongside Laurel had made her feel appreciated in the clan. Most coyotes here scorned the dog, but in the Cenizan’s culture they were friends – old friends.

She had missed him fiercely. More than he missed her, she was sure; he would be more glad to see Laurel and Nazario. The thought made her hesitate, but her mind was made up. She shifted down onto all fours and ran.

Clover slowed when she came to the trees with their dangling skulls, her nostrils flaring at the unfamiliar scent of a coydog newcomer. She had eyes only for Diego, though, and spotted him: wild-looking on all fours, a big specimen of the desert with those firelight eyes.

Forgoing formalities, Clover let up a big bay and ran to tackle him in proper feral greeting, wagging her tail and nipping at his cheek fluff.
Inferni
Outsider
Raze

unconditional loyalty

POSTED: Sat May 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Diego might have stuck his tongue back out at Paninya if it weren't for the shape of a shaggy ashen figure approaching them from beyond the skull border. Giving an excited yip, the del Bosque made a tight circle with his body and bounced up on his front legs, tossing his head and wagging his tail. Bracing for impact, Diego dug his toes into the spring soil and exhaled a soft oof when Clover's immense body tackled him.

Making high-pitched yips and yaps, the returning Infernian licked the soft fur around his friend's nose and mouth and nipped playfully at the thick ruff of her neck. "Ay dios mio, Clover, you tryna kill me or somethin'?" But Diego knew that he had been gone a long while and it made him feel special beyond measure to know that he had been missed so much. It was a testament to just how important he was... at least, in the mind of one Diego del Bosque it was.

Chittering away, Hocico watched the reunion for a while on Paninya's shoulders before he slid down the small coydog's body and ambled toward Clover and Diego. "Quiero! Quiero!" he chattered happily. The excitement between the two Infernians was palpable and impossible for the coati to ignore.

"¿Cómo estás? You puttin' them ash markings on all proper-like, ?" But as Diego stepped back and took her in, he thought he could see that she was. He grinned, and movement to his side reminded him of his companion. "Ay! This niñita is Paninya," he said, liking the way the words sounded together.

Paninya gave a little wave. "Kinda picked her up on my way back. He leaned in closer to Clover, in a conspiratorial sort of way, and said quietly, "The place she come from, they treated me like a god. But she don't." Diego looked sullenly at Clover. "De todos modos, she's a'ight, I guess." Just annoying, said the tone in his voice and the look in his fiery eye.

"Helloooo," Paninya said, lifting her arms helplessly up in front of her thin body. "I"m not deaf, you know." Small though she was, the coydog stepped toward them with the same confidence that had gotten Diego involved with her in the first place. She grinned at Clover. "I wanna join you guys."

OOC: Cloverrrrrrrr! <3

[WC — 401]

Inferni
Civilis
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 pm

The large desert coyote braced himself, and Clover knew she'd probably bruise from where her chest collided with him. He licked at her mouth, tugged her thick fur, while she swiped slobbery stripes on his cheek and between his big ears. He yapped, and she growled -- a deep and affectionate, teasing rumble. Death is too good for a scoundrel like you!

She wiggled around him a while, headbutting his shoulder, sniffing his rear, and stopped to snuffle at the long-snouted coati too. Her eyes flicked curiously to the coydog girl, but Diego asked about her ash markings and she puffed out her chest with pride, momentarily distracted. Shiiit, I never leave home without 'em! she replied.

Finally Diego introduced the dark, leggy coydog properly as Paninya. Her expression thoughtful and her ears lowered a little more shyly, Clover watched her. A smirk tugged the corner of her lip as Diego sulked about his treatment, and she nudged into him. Ha, why'd you leave? Diego was a man of proper coyote virtues, humility not one of them. When Paninya boldly approached them, grinning, Clover gave her a friendlier look.

Well, I'm glad ya didn't let all that shit go to Diego's head, Clover said. She licked her friend's cheek to take the sting from the mockery. I'm sure Vicira would be glad to have more new blood. This place, lemme tell you—fuckin' sucks sometimes, it's been gloomy as all hell this winter. You can at least hunt, right Paninya?

I'm so so so sorry for the wait :( This slipped under the radar.

Inferni
Outsider
Raze

unconditional loyalty

Inferni