consequence

POSTED: Mon May 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Some weeks after he shared his initial misgivings, Ichabod came to her with fresh scars on his arms and an account that could not be ignored.

Vicira coldly thanked him, made sure he knew who could treat his scratches, and stalked off toward the caves.

The Aquila carried herself tall and dominant, her bristling tail high and her ears pointed. Her lip curled to show yellow teeth, and when Conrad crossed her path, he quickly shuffled off to the side – peering over his shoulder when she was gone and circling back around. If Inferni’s leader was mad about something, there was sure to be interesting gossip afoot.

Vicira entered the caves and sniffed out the girl’s den, though the stink of bobcat made it simple to find. She did not enter, only paused at the entryway and crossed her arms, her voice terse and authoritative as it echoed in the earthen walls.

“Aliyah, I need to speak to you.”
Inferni
Aquila
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Multiple Co-ranks Mate to Redtooth Level III Rex Chaos Star oderint dum metuant
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon May 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Days had not been going well for Aliyah. After what had happened to Max and Ichabod, she felt horrible. As she heard Vicira heading towards her, recognizing her by the Luperci's scent, Aliyah felt like her nightmares were coming to life. Kinko woke up, and let out a chirp of alarm, seemingly noticing what would happen, and hopped back, looking at Aliyah. She chirped, pecking at Aliyah's head in not a harsh way. "What the..." Aliyah murmured, and then she got up, and noticed Vicira. She didn't look so happy, and by her tone, something was wrong. Was Aliyah in trouble? Suddenly, she had an idea what was going to happen, and she knew what would happen. Today was the day Max would be gone from her forever. "I understand what this is about..." Aliyah said sadly, looking down. Kinko chirped and landed on Aliyah's paw, looking at Vicira sadly. Not too far away, Max was trying to rest, only recovering from his wounds. He had not healed fully yet, and bandages soaked in blood were visible on him. Aliyah didn't want to put up with Vicira today, she had to admit she was slightly frightened of her. She'd probably believe anything she was told, and now Aliyah knew that was just what had happened. Ichabod had probably told her about Max attacking him, and now Aliyah was ready to shatter. She would freak out, maybe die of depression, if Max ever went away from her, and he was still hurt! Her worst nightmare had come to life and she was not ready to experience it. "If you want to talk about Max, he's not in good condition. He hasn't even healed yet." Aliyah said, and her voice was full of worry. Max was not ready to make a journey of departure at the moment, and maybe he would end up getting killed, mercy-killed, if he couldn't move. Aliyah felt like she was going to vomit, she was scared, and upset.

What was going to happen to her poor Max now?
Huge thanks to Zoingishly for the avatar!

Hello! I'm Aliyah. I'm a crazy wolfaboo and serval addict. I'm quite active and enjoy roleplaying, as it really helps me to train my brain and get more imaginative skills.

"An eye for an eye, wouldn't you say...?"-ALIYAH
Inferni
Sciens
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Mon May 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Aliyah emerged from the cavern, her mismatched eyes downcast and her little finch seated on her paw. Behind her, the young bobcat rested; someone had begun to treat his wounds, which were no doubt inflicted by Ichabod in self-defense.

Emotion choking her words, the black coywolf explained that her bobcat was still injured.

Vicira thinned her cold blue eyes.

“He’s lucky he isn’t dead,” she said bluntly. She folded her arms and leaned against the stony wall. “You could look more apologetic if you know what this is about. What if Ichabod had been a child? Someone could have been killed. What do you have to say for yourself?”

She understood the concern for a friend and was prepared to show some mercy, but not if there wasn’t appropriate contrition. If Aliyah didn’t understand the hot water she was in now, then relations wouldn’t improve. It was obvious that her time in the Concrete Jungle as a loner had addled her.

Eventually she would need to open her eyes and decide where her loyalty would lie.
Inferni
Aquila
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Multiple Co-ranks Mate to Redtooth Level III Rex Chaos Star oderint dum metuant
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon May 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Aliyah had no choice but to listen to Vicira. She was right. After all, what if Ichabod was a child? Then it would be completely worse. Then Aliyah would end up being severely punished, but her still-injured bobcat was only trying to protect her, and Aliyah would've protected Max if Max was her, and she was Max. However, even though Max was in no condition to move, he had to go, and Aliyah would not be too okay and in the best condition if Max ended up being kicked out, and that was exactly going to happen today. "Ichabod was scaring me with his ravens, and Max wanted to protect me. He could sense I wasn't comfortable." Aliyah sadly explained, and the desire for death to end her pain grew stronger. She wanted to die. After all, Aliyah's death was probably needed and would do all of Inferni a favor. "Guess all I am is just a monster that deserves no place on here. I've raised an animal that only gets shamed for being a bobcat and protecting me, but I guess if Ichabod was a child, maybe I would have to stop Max." Aliyah said, and Kinko narrowed her eyes at Vicira, obviously mad at her for making Aliyah upset.

Aliyah wished things would be over, and she felt weak, her stomach was hurting, and she wished this was only a dream, but she was experiencing reality, a kind of reality she wished that wasn't even real. Aliyah would make herself a mess once Max was gone, she would starve herself, maybe even kill herself somehow. Max was the only thing she had left besides Kinko, despite Kinko only chirping and locating food. "The only hope I have left besides Kinko is being taken away from me." Aliyah slowly said, and knew Vicira would have no pity on her. "My whole family is dead, my father is corrupt, and only Max and Kinko make that all better, but Max, I feel like him. We're so close, and plus, I feel like everyone hates me and ignores me. Plus, poor Max has been looked at in distrust and suspicion ever since I was seen." Aliyah wanted to just end all of this pain. Kinko looked at Max sadly and Aliyah wandered over to him, lifting him on top of her. Blood from Max was already slowly appearing on Aliyah, he was still bleeding despite the bandages.

Hello! I'm Aliyah. I'm a crazy wolfaboo and serval addict. I'm quite active and enjoy roleplaying, as it really helps me to train my brain and get more imaginative skills.

Inferni
Sciens
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Mon May 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Vicira raised her scarred brow when the girl mentioned being frightened with the ravens. She knew that the black birds could be intense, but she trusted Ichabod would not have goaded them to attack or anything. Inferni had partnered with the birds for generations.

“It’s one thing for a companion to defend you from a legitimate threat, but another to respond to an overreaction by attacking a clanmate. If he can’t tell the difference, he is dangerous.”

Good intentions meant nothing. A lot of terrible things were done as means to a good end.

Her claws dug into her upper arms as Aliyah began a despondent monologue. It was clear the Aquila had no pity; her expression did not change from its cold calculation, and she even twitched her lips a bit in frustration.

“He proved that their suspicions were right. Everyone was worried he would lash out and attack someone, and he did. And if you are disliked, all you can do is change your behavior.”

She had no pity for outcasts who did not attempt to better themselves. Her brother-in-law had been like that; scorned by Inferni for being a dog, he had accepted the role and been lazy and distrustful. Meanwhile, Clover the dog worked hard to be a loyal member of the clan and was well trusted despite being an Outsider.

“I want him gone by sunset,” Vicira said. She could not delay the order any longer. “If you are concerned about his wounds, I don’t mind if you spend a few days with him beyond the borders to make sure he recovers. I don’t particularly care if you keep visiting him. But he cannot trespass here. He is a wild animal and a threat to the clan.”
Inferni
Aquila
Raze
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm

OOC: We can wrap this up here.
Aliyah listened slowly to Vicira's words and slowly nodded. She would dearly miss Max, and now she hated herself. If Max was a danger, she was a danger, and the fact Ichabod proved that everyone was right only made Aliyah upset. Why did she even belong in Inferni? Why did her mom recommend her to join the pack if all that happened was this? If Aliyah didn't get rid of Max, then she would possibly be kicked out of Inferni, and Aliyah thought she deserved that. She deserved to be hated, and now, Aliyah would be nothing but a shame to Inferni. All she knew was that she had to be antisocial, and definitely avoid Ichabod. If he tried to talk to her, she swore she'd just run, or tell him to leave her alone. Aliyah thought of him as an enemy now, and also a jerk and idiot for making her day only worse. Perhaps Aliyah would just stay away from Inferni and just stay with Max and tell everyone trying to help her to leave her alone? Aliyah would not be healthy if she did ever decide to change. She would be starved and sick by that time, maybe even dead. Aliyah slowly nodded and headed off. Kinko flew after Aliyah as the coywolf carried the injured body of her friend. Aliyah would also stay away from Vicira, and thought of her as a monster for not having pity and forcing Aliyah to give up what she only had left.

Inferni
Sciens
Tess/Tessa
Non-Luperci

Dead Topics