Coming Home

Joining

POSTED: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

[html]<center><div style="width:390px; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; font-size:10px; font-family: verdana,serif; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:9px; font-style:italic; text-align:right;">

OOC Terra: 50% mountain coyote 50% eastern timber wolf
Auxilia tier: Miscellus
Immunes Rank: Sepsarii (thief)
NPC's: none

</div></center><div class="tricksterra">

<p>As soon as Terra left the court she felt exposed. She knew that she couldn't stay living on her own. Not while her pups were so long. She needed a place to stay. Terra's mind turned to her various acquaintances and the packs they lived in. There was Hotaru, but she had been caught attempting to steal their wagon. They probably wouldn't be too happy with her. Terra didn't know anyone in the warrior pack besides Jazper, who again had caught her stealing and hadn't been too impressed with it. There was New Dawn, but they wouldn't accept her. Terra's hybrid nature made sure of that. That left Inferni.<p>

Helotes' invitation rang in her ears as she lead her pups there. Occasionally she had to carry one or the other. They weren't used to walking steadily for such a long time. She hoped that they would accept her, even if she was sure this wasn't what Helotes had had in mind when he'd invited her to come and visit more often. Stopping on the outskirts Terra studied the skulls. They didn't frighten her. Never had. They had been a source of amusement, a nuisance, and now they would hopefully mark the entry to her new home. Lifting her head Terra let out a long howl. It could almost pass for a wolf's, if it hadn't broken into the coyote's song. Her voice was heavy with mourning. She'd lost her home today, and needed safety.</p>

</div><style type="text/css">
.tricksterra b {font-weight:bold; color:#bc0c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.tricksterra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.tricksterra {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2f0000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/yqX4Z.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#ba893a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.tricksterra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tricksterra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Bria
Luperci
Trickster

POSTED: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Wraith was close to the borders when she heard the call. It would not take her long to find the source of the howl, but all the same, she let out her own yipping howl in response. She had been following a hare through the forest as a side job while patrolling. She'd taken a break and would return to the borders momentarily--or, she had planned. This howl, instead, roused her from her hunt.

When she found the other woman standing by the borders, she could smell that she was not alone. The scents of two young puppies beckoned to her. She was curious now, wondering why a mother of two would be at the borders. It wasn't something she saw everyday, after all.

"Hi," she said as she neared. "Do you... do you need something?" she asked. She glanced from the woman to her two children and then back to the woman.
Wraith Creed
I thought I felt a spark; thought I felt a flame
when something changed in you, who took the blame?

Tammi
Luperci Crown Contest Winner!

POSTED: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:32 pm

OOC / +000

It seemed it was Helotes’ lucky day. It had only been a couple weeks since his run-in with Terra, and he had to admit she had been on his mind. The thought of her alone with the two young pups, even with a pack to protect, didn’t sit well with him for some reason. Perhaps it was that he empathized with her predicament, since he had been in the exact same one several months ago. Or maybe it was because, for whatever reason, Terra made him grin even wider than any of the other ladies he had taken an interest in. Either way, her tan and burgundy coat was like a kaleidoscope in his mind’s eyes.

His luck proved itself when he heard none other than the trickster herself calling at the borders. Come to visit so soon? He was not disappointed in anyway, and with a click of his tongue turned Potra to speed towards the borders. The mare did not hesitate at his silent command and was off like a rocket, as was her nature. It did not take them but a minute to make it to the skull lined edge of the clan-lands.

There Helotes spotted Terra and her children, along with Wraith, a younger member of the clan which he had yet to really interact with. They were all in Lupus form, so he stopped Potra a ways away and dismounted, coming over to the group, Hello Wraith, Terra. I didn’t expect you to come visit so soon. He said this all with a smile though, showing that he was happy with the circumstances.

POSTED: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am

Ananse was close to her mom and when her call rang out all Ananse did was look up at her and sit near her with his mouth partially open and his tail wagging lightly behind him. he had no idea why they had to move or where they were going but the moment they hit the boarders of Inferni it was then that Ananse saw the skulls littering the area...Tier to trees and what not and it was then that he sniffed and wanted to get a closer look and he would have if not for the strangers call that glued him to his mothers side. His eyes kept taking in the area around him until a man and woman arrived. His eyes fell on them now and he remained silent and felt loads better when he saw the smile on the mans face thinking that the smile must mean that he knew his mom and that he was a friend.
Adopt Me?
Adoption information and so forth is located on Ananse's Wiki!

POSTED: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm

The fact that he had left the home he had lived in all his life hadn’t really affected Loki. The place he had been born had been more like a prison, the land around it far too large to fit into his concept of “home”. Home was where Mama was, it was as simple as that for him at this point of his life.

As such the young pup was perfectly happy strolling alongside his Mama, nose twitching as he sniffed at the new land they were traversing. A strange smell soon filled his nostrils, getting stronger and stronger at they progressed until eventually they came across some off, white things stuck on sticks. Loki tilted his head curiously, before his attention was quickly drawn by the arrival of some strangers!

Loki stayed at Mama’s side but leaned forwards eagerly, body straight as an arrow except for his wagging tail as he tried to extend his nose forwards as far as he could. ”Hi!” he yipped as the second stranger arrived, this one massive in his two legged form, dashing forwards a few feet as he finally couldn’t contain himself from meeting these new people. He stopped at the two legged stranger and began sniffing his ankles, the highest point he could really reach. After a moment Loki sat back down and gazed up at the stranger, tongue hanging out of a gaping smile, ”I’m Loki!”

Alex
Luperci
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm

[html]<center><div style="width:390px; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; font-size:10px; font-family: verdana,serif; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:9px; font-style:italic; text-align:right;">

OOC

<p>A yipping howl answered her call. It was more of a coyote call than she had heard in a long time. Terra waited patiently, watching Loki wander about. He was much more bold than his brother. Thankfully both knew well enough to stay at her side as they waited at the edge of a strange new place. They might not know it but this place was new for her as well. A young female answered, her coat a fiery mixture blazing across her body. <b>Yes. I'm looking for a place to stay.</b> The sound of a galloping horse caught her attention, glancing up to see a mare coming towards them.<p>

Before it arrived the rider dismounted, revealing himself as Helotes. Her tail wagged eagerly, struggling to stay on the border and not break etiquette to go over to greet him. That was always the hardest part for her. Borders weren't as solid in her mind as they should have been. <b>Helotes. I didn't have much of a choice I'm afraid.</b> A wry smile marked her features, looking down as Loki eagerly introduced himself to Helotes. He had been rather busy playing with Helotes' pups. She didn't think that Loki would remember him. <b>I was hoping your invitation would extend to me joining.</b></p>

.tricksterra b {font-weight:bold; color:#bc0c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.tricksterra {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2f0000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/yqX4Z.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#ba893a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Bria
Luperci
Trickster

POSTED: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Just as soon as she'd found the woman and her children, another member of Inferni galloped over. If he hadn't borne the scent of Inferni, Wraith would have immediately been on edge. But since Helotes stopped a comfortable distance away--not close enough that it bothered her--and then dismounted. He was still much taller than she was, so she had to tilt her head to see the tops of his shoulders. She didn't want to bare her neck to an unknown coyote at the borders, so she didn't strain herself to find his face. She nodded in response, but didn't have anything to say. She absorbed the information--that the woman, Terra, was a friend of Helotes--but decided to wait until Terra spoke to see what this was all about.

When one of the puppies started talking and wandering around, Wraith realized that the idea of children was very different from their actual existence. She hadn't really been expecting them to do anything. She supposed that, as a scout, she ought to be able to anticipate any of these situations, but since she was still fairly new at all of this, she figured that she could cut herself some slack. She just hoped she hadn't made a weird face when the boy (Loki, he said) piped up.

She glanced from Terra to Helotes as she spoke. Soon, Terra revealed that she was intending to join Inferni. Wraith's eyes widened and she looked over to Helotes before addressing Terra.

"You're looking to join Inferni? I can handle that. Helotes doesn't have the um... authority to greet joiners. Though I'll keep it in mind that you're a friend of his, Terra. My name's Wraith. I'm a scout here: I have the rank and title of Vicarius Socii," she explained.
Wraith Creed
I thought I felt a spark; thought I felt a flame
when something changed in you, who took the blame?

Tammi
Luperci Crown Contest Winner!

POSTED: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:08 pm

OOC / +336

Terra’s puppies were acting like their silly selves as usual. Loki seemed to react as if he didn’t recognize Helotes, but he supposed that wasn’t too unexpected, seeing as last time the kit had seen the Lykoi he was much smaller in his lupus form. Helotes just grinned down at him before looking over at Terra as she began to speak. It seemed she had already made her intentions clear to Wraith before his arrival, but now she told him that she had no choice in her appearance here, and that she wanted to join Inferni. Helotes was shocked to say the least, his umber eyes widening as Terra asked if his invitation for visits could be stretched into allowing her to live here. Helotes managed to catch Wraith’s glance at the exact moment she looked at him, and his shocked expression turned to a grin.

This was the younger woman’s time to shine, Helotes, despite his third in command rank, had no right when it came to joiners. In fact, he technically wasn’t even supposed to be here, but since it was Terra who had called, he had come right away. But Wraith was really the one who should be speaking here, leading this conversation, she had rights he did not. This really didn’t bother him, he believed all the members of the clan should have their own duties and his had nothing to do with newcomers; unless they wanted a fight.

So when Wraith awkwardly mentioned that Helotes didn’t have authority in this situation, he just shrugged absent mindedly, continuing to grin. He may not have the power to accept Terra, but he had every right to be here when it happened, so instead he just explained himself a bit before stepping back to remain silent, This is true, I’m but only a Hydra; but I’ll hang around to make sure you don’t go nuts and decide to attack the Vicarius here. He said this in an extremely joking manner, every word dripping sarcasm.

POSTED: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 pm

OOC

<p>The look on Wraith's face when Loki spoke brought a puzzled one from Terra. She couldn't quite decipher what that expression was. There were more important things than indulging her curiosity about the expression however. Her family needed safety, and that was something Terra was going to secure for them as quickly as possible. Both pack members seemed surprised by her request, but Helotes quickly caught up with the idea, a wide smile on his face. It looked like he was pleased by her choice. She just hoped she wasn't being too forwards in her request.<p>

She glanced over at the younger female curiously. Helotes didn't have the authority? He looked like he should. The slight female didn't seem to be a leader. If she was one, Terra might have come to the wrong place. Wraith didn't look particularly intimidating, or capable. The explanation of being a scout pleased the coyote, grinning at the words. That made sense. The female looked like she would be quite the capable scout. Laughter bubbled up from her at Helotes' words, grinning over at him. <b>Of course, hydra. So can I join Wraith?</b></p>

</style>[/html]

Bria
Luperci
Trickster

POSTED: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Welcome to Inferni!
Ranks · Website · Wiki · News

Pride by Titmouse!
  • Ranks!
    Remember: Inferni’s ranks are based on character behavior and activity. Read over our Rank Information for hierarchy information -- approach the higher ranked canines in your tier, and try interacting with them. The Rank Advancement page details how you can go about getting promoted! o:
  • What Now?
    Wondering what else to do? Check the website!
  • Confused?
    If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!
Inferni's Featured Adoptable Character!

Join the Coyotes
Inferni @ 'Souls Wiki

Inferni is a coyote-only clan first established in 2002. With a flexible hierarchy and tons of co-ranks, Inferni's ranking system and coyote culture are unique amongst 'Souls wolf packs. If you're interested in joining Inferni, we'd love to have you!

Inferni
OOC Account
Raze

Dead Topics