[M] Vicarious

Despiiiiii

POSTED: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:51 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Do not cry out or hit the alarm
You know we're friends 'till we die

At the head of the caravan, Boone Winthrop rode into Charmingtown a proud man. While he was often subject to misplaced pride, this time Boone felt good reason. Secretive galivanting aside, Boone had done exactly as he had set out to do; make powerful connections, and the sprawling Del Mar family was the pinnacle of such wealth and strength. This partnership would serve his pack, his family, and himself well -- that, Boone knew.

They could not repeat Inferni's mistakes. One could not survive alone.

It was good to be back in familiar territory after so long. While Briarblack, Uncle Ron, and the new Del Mars were adequate company, Boone was ready to retire to his quarters and take a moment of brief reprieve. However, that would have to come later, for there was still much work to be done.

He bid the procession to stop along the dusty street before Ugly Coyote, where they could store most of the goods for the time being. The party dismounted from their mounts and Boone instructed them to begin unloading crates into the back of the building. Meanwhile, Boone tipped his head back and called for his brother, eager to show him the fruits of his victorious trip south.

OOC text here!
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
Ryan
Luperci Mate to Dahlia You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 am

my heart was flawed, i knew my weakness

He'd sent away one cart, and back came two.

It was curious - Nazario had watched them from the water tower as they came in, new faces in tow alongside his brother and Briarblack. Boone delegated tasks, and sent up the call. No sooner did the Rey Salvaje go to meet him, keeping his eye on the new recruits and their cart.

"S'quite the bounty ya brought back, Boone," he praised, clapping his younger sibling on the shoulder. "Came back with two wagons, now, an' some fresh faces - now how did that come t' be? Who'd ya rob?"

His smile was broad and crooked, and he watched the group unload. There was a chittering in the back of one of the carts, and he peered over to look at the pheasants, brows raised. "Should we tuck away right quick for a drink, then? Talk about yer trip, an' what all's out there for us?"

The pale coyote that had come back with them shouted something at a red girl, from the secondary cart, perhaps alarmed by nearly dropping what looked to be a sack of grain, and pale green eyes found the Comandante and the Rey Salvaje, before looking away abruptly. "An' maybe tell me who these new people are?"

--| [wc — 000] template by hilli
you haven't met me
i am the only son
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 pm

Rio had been close, for Boone had little time to even begin helping the rest of his caravan in unloading their goods before his brother promptly arrived. He could see the surprise etched in Rio's furrowed brow as he laid eyes on Boone's great bounty. It was almost hard to believe for Boone himself -- the generosity of the Del Mar family was unparalleled. However, their contributions wasn't all for nothing. There was a catch. There was always a catch.

Boone laughed. A proud smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "Not a soul," Boone replied, probably to his elder brother's dismay. "Played it straight the whole time. All legit." Not even a single hold-up had punctuated their trip.

Rio invited Boone into the bar and he nodded. There was certainly a lot to talk about regarding the trip -- particularly the Del Mar family and the business opportunity they had laid out. Rio obviously had his questions as he eyed the fresh faces that accompanied their caravan.

"Come on," said Boone, leading Rio through the swinging doors of the Ugly Coyote. Boone stepped behind the bar and poured himself a stiff drink of moonshine. He did the same for Rio before pushing the cup along the gnarled wooden counter toward his brother.

"I made us some powerful friends down south," he went on, raising his cup to his lips. The moonshine set his throat ablaze. "Ever heard of the Del Mar family?" he asked, wincing.

OOC text here!
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
Ryan

POSTED: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:29 pm

That was somehow surprising - perhaps it was because the history that Nazario and Boone had shared, but such bounties rarely came without blood, and the Rey Salvaje held his suspicions beneath his tongue, nodding slow until he could uncover more behind this trip.

Following after his brother, he took a seat at the bar, and looked to the cup slid his way, listening to the wood as it glided over the surface into his waiting palm. The pad of his thumb traced the lip of that cup, and Rio's gold eye watched the reflections in that clear liquid, looking back up at him. He threw it back over his tongue, trying not to taste that gasoline burn as fire chased its way clear down his throat to his belly. Lips peeled back over his own teeth as he sucked in a breath.

"Can't say I have, no," he answered, suspicious still. "But, given th' context, I s'pose they're these friends? What, pray tell, makes 'em that, outside of the bounty they sent you with?"

There had to be something deeper at play, considering, but Boone Winthrop knew well to keep Nazario on his hook with well-baited curiosity.

you haven't met me
i am the only son
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

POSTED: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Isolated as their gang was, Boone was sure his brother would be just as in the dark as he himself had been prior. There were still mysteries regarding the Del Mar family to unravel -- however, the Del Mar heritage made them easy to trust. Though they were no more than strangers, Boone could not deny their kinship.

Both figuratively and literally.

"Mhm, hyup," Boone affirmed with a nod of his head. "You believe in fate Rio?" He asked then, wincing with another sip of moonshine. The old Del Mar man's words rang true in Boone's consciousness. Boone had been no true believer, though now, he couldn't help but question himself. Perhaps Augustine was right. Perhaps it was fate that tied their clans together.

A pause followed and Boone swallowed. "I'm pretty sure they're family," he explained. It sounded farfetched, even to Boone, but how else had the old man known so much about Mary? There too was the man -- the man who looked like Redtooth. It was uncanny. "Dad's side," He quickly amended.

"The folk with me, I think they're our cousins."

Family always finds family, the Del Mar patriarch had said -- and the smooth, assured tone of his voice made Boone feel certain.

OOC text here!
Del Cenere Gang
Comandante
Ryan

POSTED: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 pm

You believe in fate?

Nazario's face screwed up, however slightly, at the very insinuation. Diego used to listen, and listen close, to the fire - intrinsically, they were woven in this tapestry of fate.

It was not kind. It was not compassionate. Boone, chiming his new-found gospel, should've known this, first hand. The Rey Salvaje, though, simply hummed in thought at the tender little sentiment, and relayed his tale.

"Family," he echoed, quiet. Cousins. Dad's side. His stomach wormed, like fish in the net, and he gave a slow, pensive nod. "I see. So they sent all this back?"

It seemed too good to be true. Maybe, if he listened hard enough to the hearth, he could listen, discern, the intentions of this outside influence - this familial influence. For now, though, he took his brother's word at its impeccable value.

"There some kinda catch?"

you haven't met me
i am the only son
Del Cenere Gang
Rey Salvaje
Despi
Luperci
LadróN
🙡 🙣
won't stay down

Del Cenere Gang