Can't Start a Fire Without a Spark

p. Zsorthia

POSTED: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Laurentius Astora
Word Count ✵ +0 :: Firedancing for Promotion Challenge!

Quiet was no typical way to describe him, but that was how he had appeared since his arrival. Not anti-social, as he was always more than willing to strike up conversation with anybody willing to participate, just less than outward or eccentric.
Though the voluntary isolation had given him time to think, plan, and dwell on a proper introduction to the Gang.

If he was going to make a name for himself here, a catching start in this new chapter, it couldn't be from the shadows.
After all, what point was there in joining this unique band of coyotes if he wasn't going to be a more outspoken and active member of the community?

Fiery grandeur was the only option for the lonely hybrid.

But as of yet, he had no solid plan.
Fire was his greatest element, and while he could just go off explaining all the uses and glory of it, he doubted others would stick around to hear his ramblings. He'd learned to do much; making torches that burned longer, using ash to ready a garden, figuring out which plants helped best in healing and soothing burns.
But when it came to anything else he assumed useful in making him stand out, the mongrel drew a blank.

Laurentius did not want to appear standoffish, and it was uncharacteristic of a sociable and affectionate mix to be wallowing in self-pity in the outskirts while being afraid to show his true colours.
He'd been loud and proud and beaming near incessantly in his county of Kent. If drove of some, but why should he feel so pressed to change?
A clean slate was appealing, sure. But not at the sacrifice of what made him comfortable.

So he was going to do as he'd done before.
Laurentius was going to go out shamelessly before others and share his thoughts, his affection, and his fire.

He just... Needed some help getting that planned out without setting the whole town aflame.

smoke on the water, fire in the sky

Template by Kitty - edits by Nat - photo by Vlad Bagacian.

Signature Image by Pabs
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Pabs
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm

WC: +2

Boone and Dahlia's establishment was one of the most popular hangouts in Charmingtown now that renovations were competed on the building. The Saloon, also known as The Ugly Coyote, was a hub for gambling, drinking and debauchery and some nights, that was precisely what the red woman needed. Living out on her own by the lakeside could get lonely after all. And being part of a pack now meant she didn't have to suffer in that solitude anymore. She could make the choice to join the others around her in company and have herself a good time.

This night was like any other social night for Zsorthia. She'd played a few rounds of cards, drank and partied. Golden eyes were slightly unfocused, steps swaying slightly unbalanced as she made her way to the door, and pushed it open, bidding her pack mates a good night with a wink and swish of her tail before departing. With a grin on her maw, she stumbled out into the night, the shaft of light coming from the candle lit bar (more of a fire hazard than anything really) and open door acting as her spotlight towards the dusty road leading out of Charmingtown and back towards her encampment.

Intoxicated, but not totally sloshed, the Mercedes woman sauntered her way into the darkness, glancing skyward at the moonless night. Still feeling frisky and energized from her time in the Saloon (and generally embolded by the alcohol), the masked coydog set to doing a bit of solo 'dancing' as she went down the road. Her foot work was quick, her body undulated and swayed, making slow progress along the trail, as she concentrated on the motions of her dance rather than actually going anywhere. She giggled to herself, twirling about, enjoying herself in the shadows, not caring if anybody saw the way her body moved with the rhythm of an unheard tune.
Zsorthia

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Westy
Luperci Venerate savagery, Die savagely Del Cenere's Top Poster

POSTED: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Laurentius Astora

The only place so far that he had become at least vaguely familiar with beside his modest abode was the community saloon. It gathered plenty of attention from others as well, he'd noticed, and could definitely be considered the location for his event.
Whatever that would happen to be.

Laurentius wasn't one for speeches. That wasn't to say he was against speaking, as he did often and with a sweet tone despite his roughened voice. Instead, he felt it was boring to make such a fuss over spounting words nobody would care for. He was a nobody, after all, and he took no offense to that; but who would be audience to some newcomer spouting off his life story?

It was impractical as it was unappealing.

He didn't want to necessarily monopolize the pack's undivided attention so much as he wanted to make a name for himself. Perhaps started others spreading good word of him, but the mutt did not desire a rally to stroke his ego.

Nearing The Ugly Coyote (he still inwardly chuckled at the name, as all those he'd seen around the Gang were coyote at the very least in part, but so far from ugly), the mongrel happened to stumble upon inspiration.

Leaving, he assumed, or else headed away from the saloon was a very happy stranger.

He turned his heels and started her way, curious now as he witnessed her dance down the road to her unknown destination.
Before speaking out, he tilted his head and simply watched her move for a moment. There was a slightly drunken fluidity to it, but it was all still so coordinated and enthralling to the Kentish male.
He'd seen nothing like it. And it was perfect.

He approached, not too quickly as to startle her, and gave a friendly grin. Quite the moves ya've got there, yeh? His heavy accent almost growled out from his maw, voice not deep, but throaty in his whisper. Laurentius laughed a bit and tried a bit of a sway himself, observing her movements and mimicking slightly. 'Ow cheerful you are!
It was a pleasant run-in so far.

Signature Image by Pabs
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Pabs
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:47 pm

WC: +2

Zsorthia hummed softly to herself as she swayed and swirled and dipped and sauntered her way along the road. Her paws carried her towards no real destination as of yet except away from the Saloon. A gentle breeze whispered through the trees bringing with it the scent of the lake upon it. It was cool and refreshing, invigorating even. The red coydog grinned and considered heading that way for a midnight dip but thought better upon it as she resumed her dancing, pausing center street that she was well enough away from Charmingtown to truly be alone.

Placing her hands upon her hips she began to sway and swivel, swishing her tail and tracing her curves with a paw along her body. This dance was more fluid and sensual, but it built slowly upon itself. Still intoxicated, the woman tripped herself up a few times, but unlike when sober, did not care. There was nobody here to spoil her fun and tease her for her missteps.

Soon enough she'd picked up her original fast footed upbeat dance again, using the road as her stage giving the night her best performance. Tossing her head back she laughed joyously, just as a shadow slipped into her sight right up beside her. His scent was of the pack, but still stranger to her. But it was his voice that confirmed it. "Quite the moves ya've got there, yeh?"

Zsorthia almost stopped dancing until she realized he was attempting to match her foot work. Chuckling she drunkenly nodded in an overly exaggerated manner. "Aye, I'ma natural. Like my momma." She winked and a low purr of amusement escaped her maw and she repeated her moves for him to copy. "Ow cheerful you are!" The coydog laughed again. "Can't help it, it's a lovely night!" She then grabbed his bandaged paws in hers and swayed and shimmied her bust side to side. The movement wasn't as impressive on the male, but still fun to perform. Spinning away off the man's paw she giggled. "How long you been watching me? Come to steal my "moves" or somethin'? Cuz all ya had t'do was ask." She teasingly slurred at him, playfully continuing to dance just in front of him. She didn't even know him for five minutes and she had taken a liking to him. Not everyone could keep up with her feet.
Zsorthia

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Westy

POSTED: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Laurentius Astora

His moves were lose, but not nearly as fluid. He hesitated, moved in slight motions held back by a lack of confidence and skill. But it was fun, nevertheless, as well as intriguing to the foreign male.
A natural, no doubt. She hardly looked as if she was exerting anything. He slowed still, watching her carefully as she responded to his comments.

Then she took his hands.

It was a swift movement, but just as uninterrupted and smooth as the rest of her dancing. Laurentius let out a mirthful chuckle, unable to match her but enjoying himself no matter his amatuer manner.
Jus' some short time, now. He answered, I was jus' wanderin' 'bout an' caught sights of ya.

He stopped eventually, at least with most of his more exaggerated moving. The mutt stilled swayed as they conversed, smiling as giddy as a pup after a long day out to play. Oh dear, steal is such a 'arsh word, love.
Another soft chuckle escaped his maw, But 'ow was I to resist joinin' in on such a carefree an' allurin' display? I will admit, I am a tad jealous of 'ow quickly you'd managed to grab my attention...

The fire lover boldly placed a bandaged hand upon her hip and held the other out invitingly, curious as how the pair would work with his subdued gestures.
He spoke softly, leaning in some, ...Yet lil' ol' me always walks by unnoticed.

Signature Image by Pabs
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Pabs
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:25 pm

OOC: Sorry for keeping you waiting! >< WC: +2

IC: Being buzzed like she was, everything she did was at least five times more thrilling. Her dancing was something she didn't practice often enough as her mindset when drinking was all too often sour, rather than happy. The red coydog found herself grateful for the change in routine and for the company of the man who had come from the shadows of the night and so willingly taken to dance with her.

He took every step and twirl and shimmy in stride, even if not as smoothly and practiced. "But 'ow was I to resist joinin' in on such a carefree an' allurin' display? I will admit, I am a tad jealous of 'ow quickly you'd managed to grab my attention..." Zsorthia grinned and laughed along with him, stepping in close to catch his words, when she felt his paw take her by the hip. She gave a low murr deep in her chest and smirked, accepting his free paw and adopting a smooth rhythm with him after a few seconds of watching their feet move. Golden eyes moved up between them to then meet icy blue ones. She smiled, tail wagging. She flicked her ears forward catching his soft words as he continued. "Yet lil' ol' me always walks by unnoticed."

The Mercedes woman clucked her tongue then, eyes glimmering. "Now that's a shame. You wanna be noticed, you gotta have something with flare in mind to catch attention!" She giggled, swaying with him, their dirt road stage still only theirs for the time being. "Something tells me you already have an idea." Zsorthia narrowed her eyes. "What are ya thinkin'? I'll help if I can!" She pressed excitedly. Her drunk ass was ready for more fun. Especially with this guy. Whom...she just realized she hadn't quite yet caught the name of. "Oh and, by the way, I'm Zsorthia. It's a pleasure t'meet ya." She said with a playful, lazy wink.
Zsorthia

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Westy

Del Cenere Gang