Unimportant, there's a million things I haven't done

For Thiago

POSTED: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:54 am

+300 Not the best starter, but I think it'll be alright.

How Auguste longed to return to the days where he would linger outside of the pack so that he could explore and learn more about the area that he was in. For all the information he had gathered from his books and the trips he had made out to St. John, there was still a lot that he didn't know. There was more to be gained from venturing out into the area on his own rather than completely relying on the books he had gathered. He was sure there was more waiting for him back at the ruined city, but it was time for a bit of a change in scenery. There had to be plenty of other ruins he could investigate. What about the areas to the north of St. John, or perhaps even the locations just to the west of his home? There was so much left for him to see.

Since there was no need for a rush in speed, perhaps taking Azur out for a ride would be nice instead of his stallion. The roan had been getting a lot of practice lately in being ridden by others, whether it be Ode for the two of them to just go out together or for a lesson to someone who was learning how to ride, like Izrian. Perhaps it was time that her true master took her out for a bit. Taking her from the wide land of green, he tacted her up, made his way onto her back, and then out across the borders.

Auguste made his way along his usual path towards St. John, but as he came closer to this location, he instead turned his drive towards the north from here. This would be all new to him, so there was sure to be some more excitement. The further he traveled, the more an new scent began to fill into his nose. Was he coming closer to something? Perhaps somewhere else? He was eager to see more.

Auguste Aston

Salena
Luperci Adopted and Proud

POSTED: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Word Count → 257 :: Out of Character text
Learning the lay of the land had become something of interest to him of late; pack life was becoming easier and easier, becoming something he did because it was who he was, not because it was who he was trying to be. He got the whole rank system, could more or less recognise most faces. Sure, he was still struggling to get the right house at times (who was he kidding, Elias simply had better and more comfortable furniture), but that part of his life was finally feeling settled, enough so that he could reach out, begin to learn what lay outside of it's borders.

Captain Fluffy had been drawing maps, noting landmarks; the action of which had inspired him to be out here, in god knows where, very much lost, trying to find his own points of interest, things that would trigger in his memory, telling him of where he was in conjunction to other places. Back home by the docks such things had been simple, with structures more unique and unchanging than things like funny looking trees.

Now, well, he just stood around growing more and more frustrated as he seemed to continuously circle around the same area again and again. Everything was just looking too similar, his mind too quick to forget specific signs, unique details, that he couldn't say for sure if it was indeed the same place or just similar.

One thing he did note that was different was a male.

“Hey, do you know the way to Krokar from here?”

Art by Alaiaorax

Do you think there's something wrong with me?
Do you wanna stick around to see, how bad a boy can be
Krokar
Magnate
Kitty
Luperci Falconer, Scavenger, Lookout

POSTED: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 pm

+300 I couldn't find evidence that Auggie had heard about KR, but I can fix later.

Auguste could see both the upsides and downsides to exploring new areas. There was always the exploration, the chance to see new things and figure out the path that had been taken to get back to that location. There in lied the main problem though, it was far too easy to get lost. Just because he knew he had gone to the north of a place he was familiar with didn't mean he would know exactly how to get back, especially if he diverted from his current path. Thank goodness he was able to counter that by going out of his home at a reasonable hour. He would have the time to spare to get his barrings together before he left this spot.

The one thing the deluted male wasn't counting on was running into someone else while he was out here. It wasn't like it was a strange occurance for him to be doing so, but more so by the look of this male along with the question he had asked. He covered himself with a hood, though held lighter colors along his pelt. Much the rest of his was covered up, a contrast to someone like himself who really didn't wear much at all. The more puzzling of the two though was the question. Krokar? He had never heard of such a place before. How was he to give directions on a place he didn't know about?

Bringing the blue roan to a stop, Auguste lowered himself from Azur's back, offering the other a shake of his head, Sorry.. but I don't. I've never heard of Krokar before. Is that one of the packs near here? If so I would really like to know more about it.. that is if you are willing to share with me. I could exchange with information on my home. Pausing for a moment, he lowered his head slightly, offering his new companion a smile, I am Auguste Aston.

Auguste Aston

Salena

POSTED: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Word Count → 258 :: Out of Character text
Useless. Fantastic, it was just his luck to bump into someone who didn't know their way around the area. Pot meet kettle, certainly, but now there was two canines standing around without a clue where they were; hardly a productive and reassuring situation to find himself in. Not that he was too stressed at this point. Eventually he'd manage to find his way back, if he wandered enough and applied the process of elimination on different directions – it would just be a hassle and a waste of energy better spent on using a direct path home, if one had been available to him.

“Yeah. By a bunch of the water ways; does a lot of fishing. At least, I think it's near here. Wasn't paying all that much attention as to where here is, exactly,” he grumbled, shrugging and crossing his arms, straightening his spine to try and increase his smaller statue in the face of a male taller than himself; it was an unconscious move, something he'd picked up and stared doing in his youth when everyone started growing up and towering over him.

“Thiago. What information do you offer in return?” overall he didn't know much of Krokar, what he did no doubt not classified as pack secrets or harmful information towards the pack as a whole. If the other was willing to exchange information (or goods) for a few basics, he'd happily spill the beans.

It would at least make getting lost in the back end of who knows where worth it.

Art by Alaiaorax

Krokar
Magnate
Kitty

POSTED: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 pm

+300

Judging from the way the other male looked, he was not pleased to hear that Auguste was just as lost as he was. Well there was no need for him to be so grumpy if he had come out here and wasn't sure of the way he had come from unless he was intentionally trying to get lost, something that the deluted male had done from the very beginning. There were other methods to finding ones way back aside from just the look of the area that one was in. As long as he knew the smell of his home, he could find his way back. It wasn't like he would be opposed to staying somewhere on the outside if it would take him longer than he anticipated. He knew he would eventually find his way home.

Though the prospect about learning about another pack in the area was not something that he could easily pass up. Before now, he had come across individuals who wished to know about some of the others in the area, to which he could not provide as much information as he wished. The eljun was meant to be a source of knowledge not only to the rest of those in his pack, but to others on the outside who had just simply lost their way. This was not the kinds of things he could learn from his collected books. No this was information he needed to gather from others.

Returning back to the male, having introduced himself as Thiago, he asked for what information Auguste would be able to offer in return for the bits that he was seeking. Suppose it would depend on the kind of information he would be getting in return, but there had to be a better way of phrasing it, Well, there are many things that I know about Vinátta. I suppose it would depend on what you would like to know. He paused for a moment before continuing, What more do you know about Krokar?

Auguste Aston

Salena

POSTED: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Word Count → 286 :: Out of Character text
The stranger seemed amenable to talking, even if there was much doubt in his mind over the worth of what the other had to share. For now he'd play along, because it was something to do other than wondering aimlessly – he was holding out hope that the vulture would show up, of which he could then follow the oversized bird back. It had a habit of finding him when it was hungry, so his odds weren't too bad there. Crossing over to where the remains of a bench lay twisted and ruined, he seated himself on the highest point, more a perch than an actual flat surface to sit upon.

“And Vinatta would be?” he threw back, not quite willing to divulge information on his pack until he knew more in regards to what the other was offering him in return. The dude didn't seem much of a threat or a spy; that or he was the best spy out there, in how he didn't arouse any suspicion or have the Vela's hackles rising and defences up.

“What I knew would entirely depending upon what you're offering, Auguste,” he drew the males name out, almost purring it in a manner he'd seen Reluceo do more than a time or two, just because he could and to ensure that he had the others attention. It wasn't that he was actually interested in the other, but the implication of interest or this encounter leading to something more might loosen lips.

“And it depends also on what you want to know. Whether i'll share it or not. So ask your questions and I can ask mine in return for payment for the information you want.”

Art by Alaiaorax

Krokar
Magnate
Kitty

POSTED: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 am

+300

He was stubborn, that's for sure. It wasn't the ideal person he would seek out to gather information from, but he was the only one here right now, so he would have to do. For all he knew, an opportunity like this one might not come along for a while. Besides, even a small bit of knowledge, especially if he could figure out the location, could lead him to others who would have much more into what he was looking for. For now, he would have to do things by the other male's game. This was fine. Perhaps if he gave up some information on his home, then he might be able to receive some in return.

So he would have to begin. Once Thiago questioned the place, he began his part of the bargain, Well, Vinátta is the name of my home. It's a pack just to the south of here. We have territory along the southern shore here, but not all of it. There was so much more he wanted to say, but he wouldn't want to sound like he was going into a long lecture. Surely there would be some things the male might be interested in more than just the location and other specifics that really didn't mean much, so he paused for the time being.

The terms were out, so there had to be some place to begin. Perhaps stating out some areas he could cover would draw out more questions from the tan male, Well, I know quite a bit. History, our structure, our culture, other things like that. Please, feel free to ask me any questions that you would like. I'll do my best to answer them. He paused before continuing with his first question, Well, perhaps you might be able to tell me where Krokar is? Perhaps roughly? If he was lost, he probably couldn't give an exact location, but something was better than nothing.

Auguste Aston

Salena

POSTED: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Word Count → 247 :: Out of Character text
A pack name, location and means to find it were given, all of which were terribly dull facts to be shared, although ones he hadn't had before. So ignorant of the name of these lands, the cities, the packs, the prominent families, he didn't have the luxury of being picky of what information he was given, even if it wasn't something he could sell on later, it would ultimately build up his own understanding of what was outside of Krokar.

“Krokar, northern based. Near a lot of water, but not along the shore lines; in land,” his response mimicked the fashion of the males, dark eyes roaming their surroundings as he spoke, before settling back onto the male, reading his body language, his expression, to see what such mundane information drew out of him.

“And I'll pick culture, then,” it seemed like the most interesting of the options. Ranks may differ in name among packs, but at the core they were always the same. Names of individuals didn't matter, for a canine was disposable and the faces among a pack always coming and going. History was similarly dismissed, for what had happened may shape the future, but could not be changed and he wasn't one to sing or spin stories as a living.

He was, at the heart, a collector of things, an opportunist who would trade anything to gain what he needed to keep on surviving. Be that material goods, information, secrets, a promise.

Art by Alaiaorax

Krokar
Magnate
Kitty

POSTED: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 pm

+300

Krokar's location seemed strange, at least in the way that the tan man described it. They lived by water but it was not by the shore? Was this part of the damage that had been brought about by Ragnarök? A lot more water came into the main land because of this, shaping the area around them. Perhaps though it was something else. Admittedly, Auguste didn't have much information in regards to the land itself, though perhaps the pack was near a large lake or river. That could be an option, but if this male was lost from his own home, then there was no chance of being able to get there without the two of them wandering around for a while. At least 'northern' gave him a general direction. He offered a nod to the male in acknowledgement for this information.

Now it was time to move on to something more exciting. Many of the packs seemed to boil down to the same fundimental principles, but the thing that made them different was their culture. Vinátta's was very extensive, so it would be a matter of condensing everything down. Well, it was best to probably begin with the most important fact, Very well. Vinátta's culture is based around the 'norse mythology'. We worship a number of gods. There's Odin, Thor, Loki, Freya, and Freyr. Each one of them is in charge of certain aspects in life, and we honor them for their protection and strength.

Turning his red eyes down to the pendent he wore along his neck, he rested the wooden piece gently in his hand, These necklaces, our frithr necklaces, are also part of our culture. Each one is hand carved from a piece of a great tree in our sacred grove. They are a symbol of a new beginning and help to ward of superstitions. He paused for a moment, letting his eyes meet with the other male, Please feel free to ask me any questions as they come up.

Auguste Aston

Salena

POSTED: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Word Count → 210 :: Out of Character text
Listening to the male's description, the way he phrased things led the Vela male to believe his information source wasn't a believer in this Norse mythology; to have something based around a concept implied it wasn't because the concept was a culture aspect, but that they chose it and bent everything else to match it. Or maybe he was just getting to hung up on a simple turn of phrase, for Auguste did then begin to explain their worship and gods.

Certainly not his kind of pack, where the core aspect was to believe in some religion – he didn't need no gods in his life, they never did his favours or gave him a reason to even consider they may be out there. If anyone was going to decide his fate, it would be his own actions. Still, the idea of a pack of worship didn't set well with him; were those who didn't believe turned away? Or were they forced to believe and participate in this Norse fairy tail.

Actually, thinking about it, he wasn't sure he actually wanted to know the answer to that.

“So how do you worship? Rituals? Prayers? Sacrificing the first born child?” he responded dryly, distaste for religion apparent in his tone.

Art by Alaiaorax

Krokar
Magnate
Kitty

Dead Topics