Drawing lines about my heart ~

[AW; The Bluffs]

POSTED: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Word Count → 000 :: ooc here

It was the view that had drawn Fallen in. The artist in him couldn't help but to remain overnight in such a barren landscape just to be able to see the sun rise. The sun had been too low in the sky to do the drawing that he had wished to do when he had first arrived in the area. All he had managed was to place down a few lines on his map before the light was no longer any good to try and create by. But the pillars of rock out in the middle of the water had begged him to stay so that they could be properly recorded.

And stay he had. His companions entertained themselves in their own ways as the male drew by the light of the ascending sphere in the sky. Lady Elias, his mare, spent her time munching on the tough grasses that had sprouted up along the shoreline. Acel, the pine martin, was less active and had chosen to rest atop the horse's back. Acel was curled up and still trying to sleep. The sway of the mare's body when she moved lulled him to continue his nap.

Fallen sat with his knees up and his pad of paper propped against them. He had a charcoal pencil held in his bandage wrapped fingers and he was creating long lines upon the paper. He glanced between the scenic view and the depiction of it that he was working on. He only worked in black and white so there was no conveying the colors that bled across the sky from the sunrise but the male fully believed that there could still be beauty even without color.

Art by Kitty

Sapient
Sodalis

POSTED: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Hey there! Hope you don't mind me throwing Rowtag at you. I notice that you posted a joiner thread in Sapient, so it would be cool if Rowtag interacted with him before! Rowtag himself was more recently accepted into Sapient as well :)

Rowtag

The slim coydog picked his way through the barren landscape, nothing but a satchel thumping rhythmically at his side and a small stretched canvas in his hands. Of course, if one took the time to observe what was inside the satchel, they would see that Rowtag was more prepared for the day long trek in the neutral territories than initially believed. Glass vials of every shape and color lay against each other, emitting a gentle clinking noise as they collided. Some contained various herbs and flowers, some were empty. Some, however, held paints, filled with viscous liquid of almost every hue imaginable. Other various tools of a tattooist’s trade, such as needles and jewelry, were strewn about as well.

A black feline walked a distance behind the coydog. Though she explored many detours and hidden paths that Rowtag did not, she remained close enough to smell the scent of coyote on his fur. Sitala was never far from where Rowtag was, and today she made sure to keep him in her line of sight, although not necessarily where the coydog could see her in return. This behavior was not unusual, however, and Rowtag lacked concern.

Rowtag hummed along as he walked languidly towards the shoreline. He had arrived at peak time to paint the brilliant colors of the sunrise this early morning. Rowtag sighed in content as he observed the parade of pastel hues streaked across the sky. That backdrop, combined with the rocky formations jutting from the water, would make for a stunning landscape.

It seemed that another male had the same idea, for he was already sitting cross-legged with a pad of paper across his lap. Drawing closer, Rowtag observed that the stranger choose to work in charcoal. It was a curious thing to be drawing such a splendid array of colors in black and white.

Rowtag caught the scent of a mix of other animals, well close enough that he presumed that they were the stranger’s own companions. His back was turned to Rowtag so that the coydog couldn’t really depict any identifiable features, however as he was a loner Rowtag assumed that it was safe to presume that the two had not crossed paths before.

”Beautiful landscape, is it not?” Rowtag spoke in his timid voice as he approached the male as to not startle him ”It’s curious that you choose to draw it in black and white.”

”Do you mind if I join you?” Rowtag asked in a shy manner, standing off to the side as he awaited for the other male’s response.
Sapient
Sodalis
El
Luperci I was motivated!

POSTED: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Word Count → 000 :: I most certainly do not mind at all

Fallen lifted his gaze up from what he was working on when he was approached and spoken to. "It really is. I stayed the night just to catch this view. It really can speak to you." He smiled as he stared out at the sunrise. Perhaps he would stay yet another night just to watch the display all over again. He had nowhere that he desperately needed to be and so he could stay as long as he wanted and take as much time as he needed to. The land certainly wasn't about to go anywhere and so he could always work on his map whenever he had gotten his fill of this spot.

Fallen glanced down at his drawing when he was brought up before looking up to the other male. "This is all I have. It is hard to travel with paint." When one was constantly on the move it was best to limit the number of supplies that were being carried around. Charcoal was light and easy to carry. Paint, not so much. First paint needed a reliable place in which to store it and then there were the numerous colors and then they also dried out and it was a hassle to make them. Fallen had simply never taken to paint as he had his sticks of charcoal.

"Not at all. Feel free." And even though there was wide open space all around him Fallen still moved over in the sand as if to make room for the other to sit and join him. "I don't own the area so there is no way that I could possibly stop you." The words were spoken with a grin to show he was teasing. "Name's Fallen."

Art by Kitty

Sapient
Sodalis

POSTED: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Rowtag

”Now that takes some serious dedication!” Rowtag responded admirably as he settled down besides the stranger at his invitation. No, Fallen, he said his name was. The coydog was impressed by the other male’s commitment towards his landscape. To stay overnight in foreign territory for the sole purpose of painting a landscape was impressive indeed. Rowtag himself may have remained still for hours at a time to not startle his animal subjects in their natural habitat, however he never remained overnight for one painting.

Taking a closer look at Fallen’s charcoal drawing, Rowtag had to admit that the wolfdog’s commitment was paying off. While his landscape may have lacked color, the monochrome color scheme made the light and shadows more dramatic. The coydog admired how the pillars of rock were given life by Fallen empathizing the shadows in their crevices, and how the clouds were given a dream-like feel with the way the charcoal was blended to imitate a puffy texture. It was clear that Fallen had experience under his belt when it came to art.

”It can be difficult to travel with paint, especially when you don’t have the proper containers to carry them in.” Rowtag responded in agreement ”Though I’m fortunate to have a workplace back at home to store the majority of mine.”

It gave Rowtag a warm feeling to refer to his room back at the Government Estate as home. Not too long ago, he himself was a wanderer much like Fallen. He had not been able to gather the proper materials to make paints until he settled into his pack. However since then, he had been sure to collect an abundance of wildflowers during the spring season, and he had been tirelessly grinding them up with other materials. His room back in Sapient now boasted a wide arrange of paints of all different hues, in addition to a plethora of tattoo inks. He was quite proud of his amassed collection.

Rowtag sat crossed-legged besides Fallen, the small canvas propped against his knees. Reaching into his satchel, he pulled out a variety of fine brushes as well as the vials of paint he travelled with. Although the collection in his room back at home had a much wider color range, the travel paints in his bag would suffice for the landscape he would paint today.

”Feel free to borrow what you want.” Rowtag added in quickly, a little embarrassed as he organized his materials. He hoped that the wolfdog wouldn’t take offense at his collection of paints in comparison to his own charcoal stick. Rowtag didn’t want Fallen to think that he thought any less of him for his lack of extravagant art materials.

”So, are you headed anywhere in particular? Or are you just roaming?” Rowtag questioned as he began to lay down his own painting. He dipped his brush into a light yellow pigment and was now laying down the basic shapes of the clouds and the pillars of rocks, as well as the horizon line.
Sapient
Sodalis
El
Luperci I was motivated!

POSTED: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:10 am

Word Count → 000 :: ooc here

"I wouldn't go as far as to say that. I simply had nowhere else that I needed to be at the moment and had arrived too late to capture the full extent of the sunset." And when a place spoke to him then Fallen was the sort to stop and listen. He had no draws on his time and so he could simply do as he pleased. That was the thing about being a loner, one could come and go as they pleased with no one to expect anything from them. And well, there was no time limit to his map either. He was doing it for himself and so he had no one to impress with it. He could work on it at his leisure.

"I am usually on the move, most of it was over water, so paint was rarely an option for me." One had limited space when traveling by boat. Plus there was the constant jostle of bodies. Charcoal just held up better on those sorts of trips than pain did. "I must also admit that I have never been particularly fond of paint. You can't hold it the same way that you can charcoal." A brush just felt too odd to him. But that could simply be because of how rare it was for him to work in that particular medium.

Fallen shrugged when his destination was questioned. "A bit of both you could say. I'm working on a map and I have to finish it still." Which is where the both came in. "I have no idea where the coast will lead me so you could say I am just roaming around as I fill in details."

Art by Kitty

Sapient
Sodalis

POSTED: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Rowtag

Rowtag nodded along to Fallen’s words, tuning in and out of the conversation as he layered more paints onto in how canvas. He was struck by a sudden inspiration to paint something much more than a realistic landscape. Who said that realism was superior to all other forms of painting? With that, Rowtag took a chance to make the blues in the water even richer, and the pinks in the sky a deep blush in color. As his work progressed, it became clear that what Rowtag was painting was only loosely referenced by the scene surrounding him. But who was he to say which was more real?

Rowtag paused his work as Fallen mentioned traveling by water, ears perked as he once again became a part of the conversation at hand. ”By water, do you mean a boat?” Rowtag questioned, leaning forward with interest ”How far have you traveled?” Fallen was clearly a man who had many miles in him, and that made him all the more interesting.

”You’re creating a map? Of what?” Rowtag leaned, stretching his back. He himself never experienced the wanderlust that struck so many others, it seemed. He had never even thought about leaving these lands, as he was always more of a homebody. And now that he had everything he ever desired at home in Sapient, it seemed foolish to him to leave suddenly. But then, not many were as fortunate as Rowtag to have a pack to call home.
Sapient
Sodalis
El
Luperci I was motivated!

Northern Tides