[m] Tu sangre y tu vida

P. Janik

POSTED: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:41 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Crucible de le Poer000
Mature for subject matter.

Her hands brushed against the dead bark of an old oak tree far older than she was. Rough and degraded, the weather had warped it, twisting heavy branches so that they curved against other trees, vines spreading farther up its limbs, hanging down so that moss grew in thick bushes interspersed between its leaves. Long arms reached up for said moss, plucking it down into large piles that she intended on washing in a few long moments after she had enough. Wet, it would be cool enough to keep the heat away from her while she napped. Washed, it wouldn't have nearly the amount of itchy bugs that it could have if she otherwise left it dry.

She hadn't thought that she'd come out this way again but life had led her in this direction without respite. The weather, sometimes cold, sometimes hot, had been a cruel blend the last few weeks, bringing with it rain and days filled with the sun and heat which was no surprise to someone who had lived in these areas her whole life.

Stalking through the woods, the fiery de le Poer girl had set her pace toward this very direction quite by accident. She wasn't far from where she had met Janik, though thinking about the whole thing left her feeling more than a little angry that the dog had vanished before she'd ever woken.

Fortunately, all of her belongings had still been there, the only things gone being his meats and him. She reached down, grappling her arms around a heavy bundle of the moss and crept toward the creek only a few dozen yards to her new encampment. It wasn't much but there was already a fire lit, fresh meat smoking over it regardless of the lack of a building. The fire itself cast smoke into the trees around her, into the moss that she now intended to wash since she had not brought a pelt with her to lay on and its scent carried through the air far more quickly than she would have liked.

Last edited by Crucible de le Poer on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inferni
Bellum
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon

POSTED: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:05 am

His past adventure in the area had been more than productive enough to justify his return, the dog hoping that he would return home with a backpack laden with smoked venison. He hadn't yet decided upon a place to make his camp however, let alone where he would try and find a deer to turn into provisions. The smell of smoke reached him before a decision could be made on either however, and curiosity set the dog to following it.

Crucible was not on his mind as he headed toward what he assumed was someone's campfire, the smokey aroma making it hard for him to discern anything beyond it. That did not last when he eventually found what he was looking for, the source of the smoke, and the one that had presumably set the fire. It was a look of surprise that Janik gave her, rather than one of eager delight at finding her a second time, their first encounter ending rather abruptly compared to how it could have gone.

Their tryst had been short, but far more intense than he had intended it to be, faint regrets finding the dog when he had woken before her. A part of him was curious if the mark he had given her had remained visible, his green eyes lingering on Crucibles neck if the angle was right. ”Looks like we've stumbled into each other again...” Janik announced himself, his voice steady, but not as warm as it had been the night they'd met.

In contrast to how quickly he'd approached during their first meeting, Janik's steps were more reserved, eyes alert for some sign that she was hostile from leaving her so abruptly. The dog didn't really expect to be attacked for the rude way he'd left, but neither did he imagine her being particularly happy about behaving like a stereotypical loner male.
Awesome avatar by Nina! :D
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Crucible de le Poer000
Mature for subject matter.

She hadn't really expected to come across the dog again after the misadventures of their last tryst. Of course, her reasoning behind wanting to stay away from him were anything but just. It was a matter of pride when she normally stood regal in her stance, sort of shy in the company of strangers, despite the way she had reacted with him the last time they were in the same area of the forest. When a sound broke through the bushes to her back, vermilion hued eyes had turned to find the source, only upon finding him, she immediately paused in all action. She was fortunate in a great number of ways, one of them being that the wound at her neck had healed and, with Fang's help, she had no scar to show for what he had done in the thralls of passion.

She had not really thought about him since the last time they'd seen one another, though the walk of shame through the woods all the way back to Inferni had been deafening because her mind had not shut up in regards to how she had possibly been perceived since she had given herself up to the dog so quickly after meeting him, despite the fact that he had been a quick lay, someone to pass the time.

The fact that he was a dog in general was enough to have pushed the thought from her mind but she had allowed him to take her more than once that evening before, exhausted both from the fact that he had been tethered to her for more than two hours and because he had been an easy way to get off.

"At least we're not on each other again," she retorted, in spite, really. "Do you often leave the women you lay with, without regards to letting them know that you're leaving?" she immediately questioned just a moment after. "What would have happened if a thief or a poacher had come while you were away? I was still sleeping. Anything could have happened." She slowly rose from her place at the fire, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're just a dog so I didn't really expect anything from you in regards to, well, feelings, but still. I'm not, and wasn't, just a quick fuck and leave."

Inferni
Bellum
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon

POSTED: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Janik did not have to wait long to find out if the coyote was displeased over how they had left one another, her crossed arms, and follow up questions giving the dog a pretty good guess as to where she stood. She hadn't growled at him at least, no angry demands to leave yet flying from the woman's mouth, and so Janik continued to approach. ”I didn't think you'd sleep much longer than I had,and you were the one that made it sound like it was only meant to be one night...” Janik responded back, remembering the encounter as one that the coyote had decided would be a single night. His voice was steady, but defensive, a pang of guilt rolling through him at recognizing that Crucible could have been hurt from leaving her alone like that.

The reason for why she had taken offense was a confusing one for the male, interpreting it as suggesting that their tumble on the ground together should have come with an ongoing relationship. Janik's brow rose at that, gears turning behind his eyes in an effort to reconcile what he thought she meant, with what she had said while laying with him. ”I'm sorry about leaving you though, I didn't think about how you might have been vulnerable... If I had stayed till morning though, what would you have changed?” Janik both apologized, and probed for an answer to his unasked question. If she had wanted a relationship to spring from their tumble together, Janik wasn't sure he would have been able to oblige, especially with how he had been trying to focus his efforts on Antonia.

”If I try to join you, am I going to get bit?” Janik wondered aloud, not all too seriously, given the man's effort to wind up standing in front of Crucible. He made a point of trying to again see where he had claimed the coyote with a bite, but saw no evidence of it, the red eyed woman apparently healing well enough that it wasn't obvious. ”Not very nice, dismissing me as just a dog Crucible. You didn't act as though you'd lowered yourself when we were together the last time... least, I assume you wouldn't willingly go to bed with someone you thought less than yourself.” Janik added after, going on the offense just a little bit with his words, not entirely willing to take all the blame for things becoming awkward.

Unlike the coyote, Janik's arms remained loose at the sides of himself, his posture relaxed, rather than standoffish. Thoughts of hunting put on the back burner so he could talk things through with the woman.
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Crucible de le Poer000
All the angst and dramatics.

Regardless of the one night stand equation of their first meeting, she wouldn't have minded him leaving if he'd simply said something before, woken her up so that she could gather her belongings and make her way off when he did. She was more angry, than anything, that he'd put her safety at risk. Of course, there was a blow to her pride in general regarding sleeping with him in the first place. She did not see dogs as being lesser than her.

That wasn't what she was trying to convey. Dogs and coyotes were the only two species of canine, that she knew of, that she didn't want to deliver to her God for justice for their sins. Despite the fact that she'd technically committed a sin before by sleeping with him. She was definitely the more selective sibling when it came to sins she could and could not break.

"I'm not asking for a relationship or a continued fling with you. The common courtesy of waking me up before you left so I could be on guard rather than defenseless is all that bothers me since you didn't do it." At that moment, though, he did at least apologize which had her hand drifting lazily to her hair, fingers teasing through it to flatten the thick strands behind her face so that they weren't in the way as she spoke to him.

"Nothing would have changed come morning. Aside from the fact that you might have been able to enjoy yourself a bit more but that's your loss now," she teased unknowingly. He probably wouldn't have. She probably would have woken up beside him, or on top of him as she had fallen asleep during their tie, woken him up and then been on her way as she suggested he should have done in that situation.

"There's no reason to bite you. I didn't want to bite you then, I don't really want to now," she said, picking up a stick before she moved to sit back by the fire, poking and prodding at the fiery cinders. "You are a dog, aren't you?" she questioned, letting the stick fall to the ground. She didn't see the wolf in him, not really. So it was easy to pass up on that fact.

"Wolves. Wolves are the bad ones. They threaten, steal, kill, murder... rape," she started, her voice pausing for an instant at the last thought. "Dogs, Jackals, and Coyotes are okay. We," she said, emphasizing him and herself with her hands, "are equal in God's eyes. They will never be. So you are not lesser than me. But I will always value the look of a coyote compared to a dog. Call it shallow if you'd like but truth is the truth."

Inferni
Bellum
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon

POSTED: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Everything was remaining far more civil than the worse case scenarios that Janik had imagined upon first seeing Crucible, something that he was thankful for, but still wary of changing at any moment. Though the chance of things turning sour seemed to fade the longer their conversation continued, especially when she made it clear that she didn't want to continue things, a tidbit that left the dog's pride a little bit wounded. A hint of regret joining the mix when Crucible claimed that he had missed a chance to take her a third time, experience telling him that he would have enjoyed the morning if what she said was true. ”Would have been a pretty exciting way to start the day...” Janik teased, a smirk on the dog's face.

When she confirmed that he wouldn't be bitten, Janik became a little less wary of approaching her, the dog's steps returning to a more normal pace. The talk of wolves was a side of her that he'd not yet seen, and reminded him of the wolf that had invaded his own family tree. His family had held similar views on the union, wolves not particularly liked by the dogs that had raised him. Janik mulled over the tail end of her explanation while trying to move where sitting down alongside Crucible might be possible. ”Well, I guess at least you don't think me a wolf...” Janik started, while attempting to sit down next to the coyote. ”So I'm handsome enough for a tumble in bed, and a second, but not for a tumble sometime after?” the dog teased further, the playful grin still plastered on his expression.

It might have been rather forward of him, the sitting down alongside her, close enough that he'd brush against her if he had his way, but Janik believed they were both a ways past shyness. Even if nothing would come of their tryst, it didn't make sense to be shy around someone that he'd already had sex with. Especially when it didn't seem like she was going to get aggressive toward him. ”So what are you doing out here anyways. I assume you were not looking for me?”
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Crucible de le Poer000

Crucible was shy. Usually. Not in the context that her sister was, of both other coyotes and then the wolves and dogs outside Inferni but very much so in the presence of others she didn't know. Sitting there next to the fire, she had to stop herself from over-exaggerating her sudden thought that she didn't know him at all. Only that he was a loner, since no pack smelled the way he did, at least those she'd crossed, and that he liked having his way. She nibbled at her bottom lip, careful not to show the dog by turning her gaze to the fire that smoldered beneath the touch of her stick as she prodded at it and as she let the stick fall from her grasp to focus on him.

She wasn't as drawn to violence as someone may have expected. While certainly she held some resentment for Janik leaving her here and the possibility she could have been attacked, she didn't hold it against him as much as someone who was less open might have. She was okay with him coming close, okay with him touching her. She was not okay with the prospect that he'd pull the same stunt. The only difference this time and last time was that he did not have a bag full of smoked meat and, if that was his reason for leaving last time the way he had, he had none this go-round. Her fingers settled in her lap, covering her other hand.

At his words, she found herself grinning lightly before she shook her head. "Not that you'll ever find out, huh?" she questioned lightly, seeing if she could gather any sort of reaction from him before eyeing him as he crossed the distance that had stood between them and moved to sit next to Crucible. She had nothing against him, aside from resentment from the last time they were together but that had been short and sweet. Doing it again made this something it wasn't.

"It's not that you're not handsome," she started, glancing Janik over in a very nonchalant manner, no shame whatsoever in her vermilion gaze. "I came out here to hunt. I could have done so closer to where I live but I wandered here by accident. I didn't think I'd run into you."

Inferni
Bellum
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon

POSTED: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am

It was comfortable alongside Crucible, the coyote far more welcoming of his presence than he'd have guessed she would be. It was hard for him to not find himself appreciating the coyote, his head turned toward her to watch as she poked at the fire. Her expression not easy to make out while she was looking away from him, but that changed when Crucible turned her focus on him, the stick falling from her hand in the process.

”And why wouldn't I ever find out?” Janik teased lightly, more than willing to rise to the challenge of her question. A grin on the dog's face hinting at what he was thinking, that it wouldn't be all that hard for the two of them to stick together for the night. He didn't have any explicit plans to make that a reality, but it was amusing to tease the coyote about it all the same. Her blunt suggestion that he was handsome was more forward of an answer than he'd expected, his smirk fading into a surprised expression as a result.

”Good to know I'm not ugly to the pretty coyote...” Janik began, while considering a way to make up for leaving her the previous time. A tumble in the grass would have been enjoyable, but a shallow way to say both sorry, and make up for it. With a return of his confident grin, Janik sought to slip his arm around the back of Crucible, drawing her toward him with a hug around the waist. ”How about we go hunting together? If we catch something, you can help me salt and smoke what we don't eat today. We'll cozy up tonight after the fact, and I won't slip away before you're awake. Sound like a fair way to make up for last time? Don't need to tumble together or anything, just want make things even out.” rattled off his plan, bluntly spelling out how he planned for them to spend the rest of the day together.

To the dog's credit, he didn't suggest that sex would be included, intentionally resisting the urge to steer things in that direction. Even if the impulse to do so had been great, one that he didn't always succeed in ignoring.
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

POSTED: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Crucible de le Poer000

He took it as a challenge. She could see that in his eyes more clearly than she could see much else. She didn't mind though. It gave him reason to stick around, even if only for the potential that she'd sleep with him again which, at this point, was a possibility but not set in stone again. Her eyes darted to the forest, her ears still alert and listening to the sounds of the birds and animals around them. She was surprised that they were still relatively loud. Most of the time they went silent when fire was around. She could hear the wind, though, more thoroughly than any of the creatures that made themselves known.

She didn't expect him to reach for her, to curl his arm around her waist so that she was tugged close and flush with his side. The movement would have caught her off guard had she not felt the gentle strength in his fingers and known that he did not seek to hurt her but just to have her closer to him. In his warmth, she reveled, even if just for a moment, a small shake of her head drawling her vision back to him.

"We can't do that if you're hugging me the whole time," she stated with a small chiding frown as she glanced toward her bow that lay on the ground a few feet away, strung up and ready, her quiver a short distance from it where she'd set both on the ground so that she could build the fire.

His sentiment might have proven innocent enough had he not used, 'cozy up tonight'. Her mind darted to the possibilities of what could happen with them cuddling up close to the fire together. She was not disbarred from the idea but she had mentioned the fact that it wasn't going to happen. In this point in time, there was the potential of him making her into a liar. Her tongue ghosted over the inside of her cheek before she abruptly stood up to maneuver herself so that she was in front of him.

She knelt down, letting each of her knees kiss against the dirt, leaves and grass before him before she inched closer with a light shuffle, her fingers finding his thighs. "This is about sex, though, isn't it?" she questioned lightly, her voice a light whisper as she leaned in close, lifting her snout so that her mouth was close to his white ears.

"It is, isn't it?" she asked once again. "I can give you satisfaction and release right here if you want me to. Then we can go hunting." Inwardly, she couldn't help but grin to herself. She wanted to test his resolve.

Inferni
Bellum
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon

POSTED: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Janik figured he had the rest of the day figured out, a hunt with the coyote, even some help with the labor heavy task of salting and smoking the venison. Then a mostly platonic bit of making up for leaving the woman before she'd woken, as good a way as any to make certain he'd remain in her good graces. It would probably mean sharing the finished product with Crucible, but that didn't strike him as unfair, since her help would make things much easier.

”We won't be hugging the whole time...” Janik teased lightly, even if he didn't really mean anything by it. He would have kept her alongside him, if she didn't start to rise, Janik reluctantly allowing his grasp on the woman to fail. He guessed that she was going to steer things toward hunting, or maybe even refuse his offer entirelty, but was surprised when she instead knelt in front of him. It was an even more appealing place for her to be than alongside him, made even better when she started to shuffle closer, the coyote's fingers even finding his thigh.

She questioned him bluntly, her whispered voice right next to his ear as Janik found himself frozen for a brief moment or two. He could have lied, and said that he didn't want to bed the woman again, felt himself tangled together with the rust colored female, but he didn't. It wasn't lost on him that she had implied it wouldn't happen again, that the single night was the extent of their tryst, and that was what he latched onto when he finally spoke again. ”I thought this wasn't going to happen again?” Janik's voice was low, his own muzzle drifting toward one of Crucible's large ears, not to whisper, but to grab the tip between his teeth for a gentle display.

His hands wandered behind the woman's back, slowly at first, but inevitably trying to drawn her closer, pulling the coyote's thighs over his own if he had his way. ”I wouldn't be the only one finding satisfaction and release... For not being as handsome as a coyote, you seem to like me~” the dog continued, accusing the coyote of being just as desirous of another night as he was, his words trailing off while trying to find the side of her neck. The same place that he'd marked her, where he would almost certainly mark her again if things continued the same direction.
Loners
Wolfdog
Vale

Northern Tides