We can try and try again

For Oscar

POSTED: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 pm

But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Even though Kaimu had been getting back into his duties and making sure he was becoming more of a presence in Sapient once more, it was still a bit hard to tell what was going on between them and Krokar. Some kind of celebration or get together from what he could gather so far. Even his brothers didn't really have a good answer to what was going on. Guess all of them would just rather hang out with each other rather than mingling with those they didn't know that well. Well.. maybe it wouldn't be bad to make sure he was at the next big gathering.. so long as he was able to know about it. Miwa wouldn't be a good source to go to, knowing how she had become as of late.

Seeing as there was nothing else left to do for him within Sapient, perhaps it would not be a bad idea to pay his neighbors a little visit. It was something he hadn't really thought about until now. The two packs were allies, so perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to one of them. He hadn't really had the chance to do that before, though his mother had been there a couple of times. Now that he was older, perhaps it would be his turn to do the same. Granted he didn't exactly know where the pack was, but he was sure he'd eventually be able to find it, one way or another.

The dark male made his way out of his home, moving his hand over the cat that came to greet him on his way out. Asmund had really grown in the time they shared their home together. He really should let the cat out more now that it was older and would be able to hunt for itself. A smile moved over his face before he finally left, leaving the confides of Sapient and began towards the west. It was only a matter of time before he came across something, and he could be patient. If anything, at least he would be able to see some new surroundings while he was searching.

Let me know if there is anything I need to change. +300 words.

Hibiki

Sapient
Opus Parva
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Everything looks good. Do you mind if I date this a few days after the party, but before the majority of Krokar departs from Sapient? I can have Oscar getting a head start towards home and intercepting Kaimu along the way

Oscar Morelli

”Whoa! Easy boy!”

The trip had been going smoothly, that is, until a rabbit darted in front of Oscar’s mount. Which was just his luck, given the bay gelding’s aversion to those creatures. Cavalier was many things, but brave certainly wasn’t one of them. The teenager struggled to understand how such a behemoth like Cavalier could spook at a harmless bunny rabbit. Perhaps it was the quick, scurried movements?

Eyes rolling in fear, Oscar’s mount snorted as he danced backwards, stealing glances at all sides of the trail for any signs of the wretched creature. Long ago, Oscar’s first instincts would be to clench his thighs, tighten the reins, and cling onto the horse for dear life. Of course, those movements were counterproductive, as the teenager quickly learned after falling arse first into the arena several times. Fighting his natural instinct to grip, Oscar kept his seat relaxed and reins long as he allowed the gelding to calm down on his own. Gradually, the horse’s breathing slowed down and his ears turned forward once more.

”That’s it,” Oscar continued in a soothing tone, this time with a gentle squeeze of his heels accompanying them. Cavalier tentatively stepped forwards, gaining more confidence with each foot. Eventually the pair set off again at an easy walking pace, with Oscar remaining victoriously in the saddle. Just wait ‘til Ma hears ‘bout this!” Oscar thought to himself with a growing grin.

”Say, whose that?” Oscar asked out loud as a figure appeared ahead of the trail, having starting their departure from Sapient earlier than Oscar had. But as horses traveled faster than those on two feet, the duo quickly gained ground on the other man. Drawing closer to the other male, the Morelli recognized that the man did not hail from Krokar, meaning that he was most likely a Sapient. It was a bit unusual for a Sapient member to be departing towards Krokar shortly before the majority of Krokar would be heading home, but as far as the teen knew the treaty still stood.

”Ey there! On your way to Krokar?” Oscar called out in greeting, drawing Cavalier besides the traveler ”Happens I’m headed there too! Name’s Oscar.”

wc 365
Krokar
Outrigger
El
Spotlight Soul Brawler You sunk my battle ship!

POSTED: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Kaimu wasn't entirely sure he was even going in the right direction. It was the right.. general way, but whether this would lead him towards the pack he was seeking or in a completely different direction to the west he wasn't sure. Guess he would find out when he got there... if he even did. For the time being, he just let the new scents make their way into his nose, letting his blue gaze move about the area. If he was going to make it back home when this was over, he needed to know the way back just as much as he did going forward. The more he could recognize now, the easier it would make the return trip.

The dark boy's ears twitched, head shifting over his shoulder to the sound of something coming up from behind him. It was a young male on the back of a horse. Well.. to be fair, travelling that way would make the trip faster, but he sadly didn't have a horse of his own... or even the experience to ride one of them. Guess that would be something he needed to get on once he was back in Sapient again. Maybe he could ask his mother to teach him some.. just as long as it was not with her own horse.

Kaimu paused in his steps, giving the newcomer some time to catch up with him. He offered the other male a smile as well as a small way of his hand, "I am. Oh, you're heading there too? Are you from Krokar? Can you tell me if I am heading in the right direction? I've never been." He gave another pause before the bow of his head, "It's a pleasure to meet you Oscar. I am Kaimu." Well at least he wasn't alone anymore, and if he was from the pack he was seeking, then this would make things much easier. Besides, he was always open to meeting new people. He certainly looked different from the kinds of canines he was used to seeing in Sapient.

Sure that's fine with me. +300 words.

Hibiki

Sapient
Opus Parva
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 pm

Oscar

Oscar found that it was a bit awkward talking down to the Sapient member, being so far up high astride Cavalier. The teen pulled his mount to the side of the trail, where he proceeded to dismount him. Once upon a time, the process had been a shaky process for the teen. But with practice came experience, and now the wiry haired teen found that swinging his leg over Cavalier’s rump came as second nature. The Morelli landed softly on the ground below, and drew the reins over the stallion’s ears to lead him besides him as he walked.

”That’s better!” The Krokar teenager replied with a grin as he matched his pace with the other male. Kaimu, he said his name was, appeared to be roughly the same age as Oscar himself. Which came as a relief to the teen, for he was always eager to meet those closer to his age. Apart from his siblings back in Krokar, the Captain’s prodigy truthfully had no real friends his own age to interact with. Besides, wasn’t the whole point of the exchange between the allied packs was for friendships to be made?

”Happens so you’re on the right path! That, or we both are in the wrong!” Oscar let out a jovial laugh, lightly slapping the other male on the back in a friendly fashion. Of course, he was simply messing with the Novus. Oscar knew his way back to Krokar as well as his own parents did, and certainly would not be finding his directions becoming muddled.

”You’ve never been, eh?” Oscar commented with a wink. Truthfully, that didn’t come as a surprise to the Greenhorn. After all, he himself was currently headed home from his first visit to Sapient territory. ”Whad’ do ya’ hope to see there? Maybe I can show ya’ around the territory a bit! Know it like the back o’ my hand, I do.”

wc 319
Krokar
Outrigger
El

POSTED: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 am

Kaimu had never intended for the male to come down from his horse. Really it didn't matter to him. The large animal could just walk at the same speed he was going, so there was no trouble with turning his head up to the lighter male so long as he took a moment to turn forward. He didn't want to run into anything while the two of them were talking, though the path they were on seemed fairly clear. He couldn't imagine the horse trying to weave its way through the woods until the pain managed to make their way to Krokar, which was comforting to hear that he was heading in the right direction.

Not that Oscar was at his side, their walk began once again. The news of this being his first time to Krokar seemed to bring a light of excitement in the dog male. He then began to ask some questions, all of them being valid ones. The dark boy admittedly wasn't sure what he would find in the strange territory. He wasn't even sure if he would actually be allowed in, though his new friend seemed to think otherwise on the idea. Getting a tour sounded like a nice one. He offered a small shrug as well as a smile, "Can't say I know what I'd like to see. Mother says she's been there once, but didn't really talk about it much. I guess I'd just like to be able to see as much as I can, but I understand if that is not possible." Security reasons and all.

Kaimu's head returned forward for the moment, making sure they had not for some reason wandered off the trail while they were talking. Perhaps there were some things he could ask seeing as they were not to the new territory yet, "So you were coming from Sapient right? What did you think? I wasn't really around much at the time. Been taking care of some things at home."

+300 words.

Hibiki

Sapient
Opus Parva
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:28 pm

ooc - How close are the pair to Krokar's borders? Would it be possible for them to enter the territory in this thread c:

Oscar

”Well in that case, I’ve got no problem takin’ charge! There’s so much you have gotta’ see before yer return home!” Oscar piped up excitedly, clearly eager at the prospect of showing a newcomer around his homelands ”Ya gotta visit Fiskebyn and Aster’s field, o’ course! And dependin’ on how far yer wanna go, we can see the Firelight Hollow, it’s very pretty this time o’ year….” As the teen spoke, he moved his free hand in animation, keeping a firm grip on the lead rope in his other.

”Well, how long do ya’ plan on stayin’ anyways?” The wiry haired youth began to reel himself in, sobering up at the prospect that time would be limited. There was simply so much that he loved about Krokar that he wished to share with Kaimu, though he realized that the duo may not have the time to trek out as far as the Riverbend orchards or the ruins of Tog. However his melancholy did not last long, for the teenager brightened up at the prospect of at least showing Kaimu around Fiskebyn and the livestock fields. And maybe they could even fish along the edge of Sister’s lake, if the Novus was interested in doing so.

”I had a lot o’ fun over at your Pack!” Oscar laughed heartily as he divulged his latest adventures to the dark furred youth ”Y’all certainly drink mor’ than the folk back at home, that’s for sure!” The party had certainly been a wild one, perhaps the wildest the Morelli had attended. If not, then it was certainly the largest. In Krokar, he wasn’t a stranger to passing around a flask with a few of his siblings and other acquaintances. But he had never attended a full scale rave with dozens of bodies pressing against one another. ”Is that really how things are like in Sapient? How do y’all find the energy to do all that?” He had heard that Sapient members were notorious for drinking heavier than the average Luperci, but never in his wildest dreams could he conjure a scene such as the one that took place the night of the beach party.

”Booze aside,” The youth continued, smirking as he said so ”The Govn’ Estate was very impressive. Ya certainly dun’ see anythin’ like that back in Krokar!” The sheer size and maintenance of the Government Estate came as a shock to the teenager, who was accustomed to the humble cabins dotting the shores of Sister’s Lake back in his homelands. The number of human relics that had been brought back to their former glory by the careful hands of Sapient deeply intrigued the Morelli, if not intimidated him.

wc 447
Krokar
Outrigger
El

POSTED: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Kaimu was not only glad to hear the new male would be happy taking the lead on showing him the sights, but also the enthusiasm he held in doing so. It was a shame to say, but there were not many back home who were around his age, except for his brothers really. There was only so much that family could do together. This would be something good for him. Not only would he be able to see something new, but he would be doing it with another male who was not from his home. Friends was not something he really had back home.. not unless you counted a few of the younger blood.. but still. He really could use some more of them, and this would be the perfect time. Their packs were sharing each other's homes after all, "I am more eager to see it now."

His next question was something the dark boy really hadn't put much time into hos consideration. How long would he really be staying? It's not like anyone would be expecting him to come back home at a certain time given that he was living alone, so in theory he could stay as long as he wished.. as long as it was allowed. Even if he were to do so, he would need to find a place to stay, and he would rather not seem like he was intruding on them, "As long as I can, but I should probably return sometime tonight. I wouldn't want to impose."

Drinking. Yes Sapient was certainly known for the absurd amount of alcohol they consumed. There was no secret at all to that fact. Beer pong was a regular for them, even though Kaimu had never been formally part of these games. Perhaps some other time he would give it a try. Guess that was just more of his mother's influence hanging over him. Even so, he was an adult now so he should in theory be able to do as he pleased. A shrug rolled along his tattered shoulders, "I guess so? I haven't been participating with my pack as of late. I had some things come up. It seems to be normal though, at least from what I hear."

Every area was different. Sapient was heavy populated with buildings long since rotten away from a time when they once stood strong. That wasn't to say they weren't as such now, but they didn't hold nearly as much splendor as they would have when they had first been constructed. Even though the dark boy didn't live in the estate, he could appreciate it for it's size, the many rooms it had, as well as it's gathering areas. It was the perfect place for other members to meet with one another to do.. well whatever it was they were doing at the time, "Is there anything close to it perhaps? I haven't seen anything like it where I have been, but there are many places even around home that I haven't explored yet."

We can move this to Krokar's forum if you want. They should be pretty close. +500 words.

Hibiki

Sapient
Opus Parva
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 pm

ooc - Sounds good! I'm down for continuing a couple more posts in this thread before we end it ^-^

Oscar

”Aw, dun’ worry about imposin’ on anyone! We’re more than happy to have Sapiens over to visit right now!” Oscar reassured the dark furred Novus ”Ya’ dun’ ‘ave to leave by nightfall either. There’s been a few cabins put up since late, I’m sure ya’ could claim one of ‘em for the night.” Given the trip to Krokar and back, there would be barely any time for the newcomer to appreciate any of the splendors that Krokar had to offer for visitors. In Oscar’s opinion, a fortnight was hardly enough time to appropriately call it a visit! ”Though dun’ feel pressured none, if ya’ gotta go, ya’ gotta go!” Oscar added in hastily, not wanting to appear pushy. Though he had a feeling that the well mannered Novus was being polite when he said he didn’t plan for staying through the night.

”Ah, that stuff ain’t your thing, huh?” Oscar winked coyly at the hybrid, laughing as he did so. He wasn’t judging the youth by any means, the beach party he had attended was rowdy enough! And that was with Sapients on their best behavior in front of a allying pack too. Oscar feared, though he was a bit intrigued by what parties Sapient members threw once left to their own devices. Besides, Kaimu didn’t seem like the type to drink the night away and get wasted on himself. At least, on a regular basis. Oscar didn’t consider himself to be that type either, though that certainly didn’t mean that he was a stranger to letting loose once in awhile.

”Well, we ‘ave the Ruins of Tog, o’ course. Not all of Krokar is marshes and trees!” Oscar piped up after thinking for a minute ”Though they’re not in as grand condition as your Estate, they’re an interesting sight to see!” Though the Ruins were crumbling, and mother nature was slowly but surely reclaiming the structures built by human hands, they still offered some fascination to the wiry haired youth. Though grand, they were a bit lonesome, and creepy too. Many nights of his puphood had been spent traversing the ghostly ruins upon a dare his siblings thrust upon him. ”Someone also recently found a cluster of teeny houses too! Dun’ know what they were used for, but Pepper says that the fairy folk onced lived in ‘em. Dun’ know where they went off too though.”

”Though I ‘ave to say, the wilderness is the best part that Krokar has to offer!” Oscar claimed proudly ”Do ya’ fish at all? If you’re interested, I can show ya’ the best places to catch a bite!”

wc 435
Krokar
Outrigger
El

POSTED: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Kaimu had always been polite. It was part of his upbringing, something his mother burned into his head along with his brothers... which in a way was a bit ironic considering the way she seemed to act around everyone else in Sapient. No matter, he was determined to carry on in her teachings, showing he was acceptable to her. Oscar had made the offer of allowing him to stay in one of the cabins within Krokar if he would rather stay. Perhaps.. His smile returned, giving a light nod, "I'll think about it. Maybe I will stay for a bit." As long as there was no problem with it. No pressure at all.

The dark boy gave a small shrug of his shoulders. He had never really been someone that was overly social with others, though he did try his best to attend events when they came up, "I guess? It's just that I missed this one. I'm sure there will be other chances for both of our packs to get together and party like we just did recently."

Kaimu wasn't even sure what the packlands looked like, but already he was getting a good general idea in his mind. Trees and marshes. So Krokar had their own fair share of forests, but were near lots of water as well. Sapient had something similar being that their territory stretched to the coast of the ocean. But they still had some sort of building nearby to have ruins, and the mention of some smaller houses would make for a sort of village or town, similar to that of Bathurst. His head tilted slightly to the side at one point in particular, "Fairy folk? What does that mean?"

Fishing? It wasn't anything he really thought about, though he had seen a few items for the sport in the pack's storage area. A smile formed along his muzzle as he gave a nod, "Can't say I have before, but I am always willing to try something new. You're probably an expert at it. I bet you could show me what to do."

+300 words.

Hibiki

Sapient
Opus Parva
Salena
Luperci
復讐 生まれ変わる
Raggedy Man

POSTED: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:05 pm

ooc - Sounds good! Feel free to end this thread here, and we can DM about furthering this plot on a new thread :D

Oscar

”Oh yes, ya’ can stay as long as yer willing! There’s a lot tuh see in Krokar.” Oscar said once more, head bobbing in excitement as Kaimu eventually gave in to his urging. Kaimu seemed like one of the polite sort, a man most gracious. Oscar noted that he also seemed to choose his words carefully, lest he offended his current company. Thinking before he spoke was never Oscar’s specialty, and he could imagine Lucille telling him that he could take a few notes from Kaimu’s pleasant behavior. Well, the Greenhorn didn’t know what sort of uptight folk the dark furred man had surrounded himself with back in Sapient, but it took a lot to rub the Morelli the wrong way.

”Oh boy, I’ll be lookin’ forward to another one of those!” Oscar chattered away, an extra spring to his step. The celebration between Krokar and Sapient had provided Oscar with ample opportunity to explore a foreign pack’s territory and forge new bonds. And, of course, a night for him to go wild! There was nothing like healthy competition to fuel a celebration, and the Morelli had not been in the least disappointed by each Pack’s contributions towards the party. Hopefully Kaimu was correct, and there would be many more of these get togethers in the future.

”I dunno really, Pepper always described em’ as tiny things with wings.” Oscar shrugged, not having an answer to the Novus’ question. Truthfully, the Morelli had always imagined fairy folk as butterflies, or some other bug that was equally as colorful. Yes, butterflies that stood upon two legs and were under a foot tall. And they all lived in equally tiny houses. Yes, the image conjured was ridiculous, but wasn’t childhood imagination supposed to be that way? The Morelli always prided himself on his imagination, even if his thoughts did stretch too far at times.

As the familiar marshy scent of Krokar’s borders wafted towards the duo, Oscar’s face broke out into an even wider grin. ”Land, ho!” The wiry haired youth hooted ”Krokar’s just right up ahead! Ain’t she a beaut?”

wc 349
Krokar
Outrigger
El

Northern Tides