We can try and try again

For Oscar

POSTED: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 pm

But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Even though Kaimu had been getting back into his duties and making sure he was becoming more of a presence in Sapient once more, it was still a bit hard to tell what was going on between them and Krokar. Some kind of celebration or get together from what he could gather so far. Even his brothers didn't really have a good answer to what was going on. Guess all of them would just rather hang out with each other rather than mingling with those they didn't know that well. Well.. maybe it wouldn't be bad to make sure he was at the next big gathering.. so long as he was able to know about it. Miwa wouldn't be a good source to go to, knowing how she had become as of late.

Seeing as there was nothing else left to do for him within Sapient, perhaps it would not be a bad idea to pay his neighbors a little visit. It was something he hadn't really thought about until now. The two packs were allies, so perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to one of them. He hadn't really had the chance to do that before, though his mother had been there a couple of times. Now that he was older, perhaps it would be his turn to do the same. Granted he didn't exactly know where the pack was, but he was sure he'd eventually be able to find it, one way or another.

The dark male made his way out of his home, moving his hand over the cat that came to greet him on his way out. Asmund had really grown in the time they shared their home together. He really should let the cat out more now that it was older and would be able to hunt for itself. A smile moved over his face before he finally left, leaving the confides of Sapient and began towards the west. It was only a matter of time before he came across something, and he could be patient. If anything, at least he would be able to see some new surroundings while he was searching.

Let me know if there is anything I need to change. +300 words.

Sapient
Novus
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Everything looks good. Do you mind if I date this a few days after the party, but before the majority of Krokar departs from Sapient? I can have Oscar getting a head start towards home and intercepting Kaimu along the way

Oscar Morelli

”Whoa! Easy boy!”

The trip had been going smoothly, that is, until a rabbit darted in front of Oscar’s mount. Which was just his luck, given the bay gelding’s aversion to those creatures. Cavalier was many things, but brave certainly wasn’t one of them. The teenager struggled to understand how such a behemoth like Cavalier could spook at a harmless bunny rabbit. Perhaps it was the quick, scurried movements?

Eyes rolling in fear, Oscar’s mount snorted as he danced backwards, stealing glances at all sides of the trail for any signs of the wretched creature. Long ago, Oscar’s first instincts would be to clench his thighs, tighten the reins, and cling onto the horse for dear life. Of course, those movements were counterproductive, as the teenager quickly learned after falling arse first into the arena several times. Fighting his natural instinct to grip, Oscar kept his seat relaxed and reins long as he allowed the gelding to calm down on his own. Gradually, the horse’s breathing slowed down and his ears turned forward once more.

”That’s it,” Oscar continued in a soothing tone, this time with a gentle squeeze of his heels accompanying them. Cavalier tentatively stepped forwards, gaining more confidence with each foot. Eventually the pair set off again at an easy walking pace, with Oscar remaining victoriously in the saddle. Just wait ‘til Ma hears ‘bout this!” Oscar thought to himself with a growing grin.

”Say, whose that?” Oscar asked out loud as a figure appeared ahead of the trail, having starting their departure from Sapient earlier than Oscar had. But as horses traveled faster than those on two feet, the duo quickly gained ground on the other man. Drawing closer to the other male, the Morelli recognized that the man did not hail from Krokar, meaning that he was most likely a Sapient. It was a bit unusual for a Sapient member to be departing towards Krokar shortly before the majority of Krokar would be heading home, but as far as the teen knew the treaty still stood.

”Ey there! On your way to Krokar?” Oscar called out in greeting, drawing Cavalier besides the traveler ”Happens I’m headed there too! Name’s Oscar.”

wc 365
Krokar
Greenhorn
El
You sunk my battle ship! Krokar's First Mate

POSTED: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:37 pm

But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Kaimu wasn't entirely sure he was even going in the right direction. It was the right.. general way, but whether this would lead him towards the pack he was seeking or in a completely different direction to the west he wasn't sure. Guess he would find out when he got there... if he even did. For the time being, he just let the new scents make their way into his nose, letting his blue gaze move about the area. If he was going to make it back home when this was over, he needed to know the way back just as much as he did going forward. The more he could recognize now, the easier it would make the return trip.

The dark boy's ears twitched, head shifting over his shoulder to the sound of something coming up from behind him. It was a young male on the back of a horse. Well.. to be fair, travelling that way would make the trip faster, but he sadly didn't have a horse of his own... or even the experience to ride one of them. Guess that would be something he needed to get on once he was back in Sapient again. Maybe he could ask his mother to teach him some.. just as long as it was not with her own horse.

Kaimu paused in his steps, giving the newcomer some time to catch up with him. He offered the other male a smile as well as a small way of his hand, "I am. Oh, you're heading there too? Are you from Krokar? Can you tell me if I am heading in the right direction? I've never been." He gave another pause before the bow of his head, "It's a pleasure to meet you Oscar. I am Kaimu." Well at least he wasn't alone anymore, and if he was from the pack he was seeking, then this would make things much easier. Besides, he was always open to meeting new people. He certainly looked different from the kinds of canines he was used to seeing in Sapient.

Sure that's fine with me. +300 words.

Sapient
Novus
Salena
Luperci

Northern Tides