And I missed you

POSTED: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Warm furs, warm fire, it was always there. Even if she did her worse at hunting, her mother would make sure that she was warm and safe. Sure her father had wanted to give her punishment, but her mother had always made sure she would be okay. That she would survive another day. Was it out of love and care? Yvonne still wasn't sure. For now she missed her mother, not so much her father. Moving almost restlessly, her goal was the land bridge that Tora had told her about. A goal had formed that she would check his pack out and see if she wanted to join it. If she was lonely enough to even miss one of her parents, then she was lonely indeed. A pack would at least give her others to talk to.

Yawning she scratched her cheek idly and kept traveling. The faster she moved, the sooner that she would get there. She had a rough plan to get there before her heat came, and she knew it was coming. It had come in the second month of the year before...when she had been a yearling. If she got there before, she would be able to separate herself, but still be safe. Her mother had trained her to stay away from any male when her heat came, for a male could want to breed even if the female didn't. Huffing to herself she shook her head, she would not let that happen, not if she could help it. So she traveled, and hoped her timing would be right.

266 words
" title="My Wiki" class="player-wiki">
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 am

Two travelers, different journeys, but each with their own time on the same road. Arthur Knight was returning to the pack lands of Casa di Cavalieri, coming back from their stationed outpost in Portland where he had spent nearly a full year after being abandoned by his brother Merlin. Marriage, ha! What was Merlin thinking anyway? Perhaps Arthur would visit his brother in their neighboring pack and see just how well this marriage was going and if it was worth turning his back on family. Arthur knew he should not be so bitter, and certainly he would put up a brave and aloof character up front, but still he held on to his resentment like it was a beacon home.

His steed’s shod hooves crunched the snow beneath it’s burdensome weight, whipping the snow laden dirt path to a slush of mud and ice with each step. A manservant pursued him somewhere a short ways back but was not seen when Arthur peered behind him. He knew he was trustworthy and would be back there, somewhere. Ignacio was probably just trying to urge on that damnably slow donkey.

With little warning there was a hitch in Noble’s step that alarmed Arthur. “Woah, look alive,” he crooned to the horse but the stallion was having none of his comforting. He thrust his foreleg up into the air and Arthur with it. The Knight had no hope but to lean in and clutch tightly until the steed settled himself. Arthur took command with the reins and clicked with his tongue at the beast, and soon the stallion was calm. . . calm, but on his guard.

That was when Arthur caught sight of the golden lass. Apparently they trekked the same path and Noble had come close to trampling her while Arthur’s attention was diverted. Slipping down from the saddle he ensured the horse would remain steady while the cobalt gemstones of his eyes peered at her for any sign of distress.

“Forgive me, mi’lady, it seems my creature nearly trampled you and had harm come your way I would be the soul to blame,” a golden hand swept through the air and came to rest on his chest as he bowed his head apologetically. Then, raising his eyes, “Are you all right?”

wc 381
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Tarot
Luperci
shiny knight

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Yvonne had let her thoughts drift a little, and had almost not noticed the horse. Luckily she had noticed and had moved away in time. Moving her gaze, she found the rider who was apologizing "I am still alive..." she had not been harmed, just startled. For a moment she looked the other over and found it to be a male canine, he smelled like he belonged to a pack. Feeling movement on her shoulder, she looked to Barton. Lost in thought as she had been, she had nearly forgotten the hawk. Smiling she gave his beak a light rub before returning her attention to the male. "You...must be returning to your pack right?"

In such a hurry too, since he nearly ran her over. Nearly...but it had not happened of course. Looking to the horse she studied the beast. For a long time she had only viewed horses as a food source, their hides were good for warmth and leather working as well. Now she still viewed them as a food source, but also as a means of travel. Or of land work, since she had seen a few canines use horses to help with field work. They were useful creatures indeed, and she had started to wonder if she could learn to ride one...but first she would have to gain one for herself. Shaking her head she returned her gaze once more to the male and awaited his answer to her query.

247 words
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ash
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Arthur had not had the company of a canine other than Ignacio for some time, and the only other company around was his horse Noble and the braying donkey owned by the loner so he was thankful to come across another luperci even if it was by means of nearly knocking her down. Fortune had it that he did not harm her, in fact, and so happy was he to have company that he slipped out of his saddle and landed sturdily upon his feet beside her to better ensure her safety and health. “Are you sure you’re alright? Good, good then,” he said after her insistence, and the wheels of his brain began turning to try to think of something else to say to keep her there. Thankfully before too much awkward silence passed she spoke up and he was quick to fill in the space.

“Yes!” he cleared his throat. “Yes. I’m headed back to Casa di Cavalieri, as you probably imagined if you know the area at all. You wouldn’t happen to be headed there yourself, were you? Perhaps I could accompany you, ensure safe travels. After all, sometimes it’s… hard to see a single person on the trail until disaster strikes.” He flashed a sheepish, apologetic grin at this, admitting his folly.

Cobalt eyes shot a quick glance over his shoulder and a flick of the ear retrieved the sound of the loud donkey lurching down the path a ways behind them. Ignacio and his mule were still out of sight but not out of earshot and it would be Arthur’s pleasure to move along before the servant caught up. It would be even more to his pleasure, however, to have the person’s company. “By the way,” he added, offering a hand. “My name is Arthur Knight.”

300+

Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Tarot
Luperci
shiny knight

POSTED: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Yvonne frowned lightly "I don't know the area...nor have I heard of your casa" she thought about his offer "I was...going to the court? Is your casa in the same area??" her ears flicked at the call of a donkey, and her green orbs went to find the source, but didn't see a donkey yet. Returning her gaze to the male, she caught his name "I am Yvonne" she smiled and felt her hawk move again. "This is Barton" she moved her hand to show she meant her smaller companion. As for traveling with him, it would depend on if they were truly going the same way. Plus she might end up choosing to go a different way.

It was not her first choice, but she had noticed that the vale pack was very close to the land bridge that Tora had told her about. To her it seemed unwise to travel so close to where a pack lived, especially when she didn't know their customs and how they may treat a stranger passing so close by to where they lived. Perhaps traveling with this male may be wiser, but then she did not want to go into heat while in his company.

208 words
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Ash
Luperci

Dead Topics