A Sea Of White

p. Aenan - January 12th - Blizzard Thread

POSTED: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 pm

Darkness rules here now.
Hatred infected my actions.
Revenge polluted my soul.

So much snow had fallen already, even the day before came rain that coated every surface it happened to land on in a thin layer of ice. Even their recently built home had a layer of ice coating it. The ice hadn't been much of a problem, forcing her to take more careful steps and watch her balance much more than usual. The snow was another story, fat flakes of white had started to fall only adding to the snow that had fallen in days prior. As the snow began to cover the ice, things became a little more dangerous. Her feet would slip, causing her to fall or lose her balance. The accumulation of snow over the ice is what had prompted the pair to attempt to clear their fenced-in paradise.

As the snow proceeded to fall, the pair continued to empty basket after basket beyond their fenced borders. This was backbreaking work, the heavy snow filling the baskets only to be tossed over the fence. The snow had been falling so quickly, that she almost missed the freezing rain that had pelted her the day before. Emerald gems looked around their home, and with a soft sigh, she had decided it was time for a break. Her muscles had been begging for some type of rest, to recover from all the hard work that had been done since early morning.

She could tell her partner had been having a harder time clearing snow than she had with his frequent breaks and wheezes. This only strengthened her resolve, pushing her beyond her known limits in hopes of lightening the workload they shared. With each breath, a puff of mist came from her muzzle. Dark paws carried her from the snowy sea that surrounded her home to the warmth of the fire Aenan had built in the early morning.

Slowly she lowered herself onto one of the extra pelts she had traded for, happy to have had the knowledge to grab extra pelts for the coming winter. Dark hands outstretched towards the flames, slowly warming her frozen digits. As her muscles begged for some type of reprieve, emerald gems watched her love as he cleared more snow. This sight pained her, to know that he was doing his best, not only for himself but for her too.

Her jaw clenched as her ears pulled back Aenan, come sit with me? she asked softly. She didn't want to imply that he looked just as tired as she did, but she knew that with all the work they had done so far, they needed an actual break. Not just one of the little breaks they had been repeatedly taking, but a break to sit and enjoy each other's company within the beautiful white sea that surrounded them.

Alena Walks. Alena Talks Alena Thinks

Word Count: [469] Form: Optime Date: 01/12/20 Time: 2-3 PM

Table by Kitty | Image: Free-Photos | Edits: Jmonster

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Miranda
Luperci Mate to Aenan Fisher I SoSuWriMo 2013, 2020 Champ!

POSTED: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Cold air entered and left his heaving chest, his heavy deep breaths climbing into the sky in white plumes. His height was his downfall in the blizzard, being forced to bend over to scoop up the snow, and then rise to toss it over the fence. It was difficult work, keeping up with the snowfall and it was taking a toll on the old man. Pain ran through his hands, his lungs burned from the arduous task of snow clearing as well as the cold. He was kneeling, one hand on the basket, the other resting on his knee. He glanced at Alena as she spoke and nodded to her request.

Aenan was already exhausted and it didn’t seem like the sky was going to stop dropping snow on them any time soon. After a moment to catch his breath, the fisherman rose and walked to his shared shelter, dusting snow off of his body in the process. He took a seat next to his lover and immediately leaned into the young woman. He was cold and so was she, but at least together they’d be able to warm up. He shivered a bit and chuckled, nuzzling against Alena and planting a kiss on her cheek. “I’ve seen many blizzards in my lifetime,” he began, putting an arm around Alena, “I hope this one will be the last.” He let out a small sigh and closed his eyes, letting the fire warm him and his lover.

If he was younger he would have been able to clear it all out on his own, he knew it. Alena wouldn’t have to dig in the cold, but he wasn’t young. Aenan was an old man and though he was still capable, he couldn’t carry on like he used to. He did find something that had escaped him in his youth, however. “I love you,” he stated, as he ran his digits through Alena's fur. Before he met her, Aenan had resigned himself to be without a love for his rest of his life. Now he had it and the relief that came with his partner’s presence was immense. Being beside her was better than any fire at night, better than the sun on a warm summer’s day.
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Scott
Luperci Mate to Alena Home is wherever there is you. They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:28 am

Alena
ooc stuff here! ily miranda <3 [899]

The warmth radiating from the fire warmed frozen digits, melting what snow had frozen to her body. Other than being completely exhausted from clearing snow most of the day, as the sky dumped ungodly amounts of snow upon the earth she really couldn't complain. To clear the snow from their camp at the rate it was falling would have been a monumental task that neither of them had been prepared for. She couldn't seem to dislike the snow, the stillness of its beauty sparkling in what sunlight there had been through the clouds. How could she dislike such a beautiful sight? A content sigh escaped her as she felt Aenan pressing against her, leaning back against him happily.

She could have stayed like this forever, watching the snow flutter to the ground cuddled up together with her love. She couldn't help but chuckle at his words, though this had been her first blizzard, she too hoped that this would be the last she would see. With a small nod, she let her head rest against his shoulder, her eyes closing as she enjoyed the moment. I know this is my first winter here, but I really hope every snowy season isn't always like this. she said softly. If the winters were always this bad, perhaps she could have convinced Aenan to move to warmer climates, where they could fish year-round and make a good life for themselves.

Even so, she didn't want to leave her new home even if a new location promised warmer temperatures and less snow. A shiver ran deep through her core, pressing against her love more. Even with the fire and his shared body heat, it hadn't been enough to warm her. Forcing her emerald gems to open once more, ears pulling back to rest against her crown as she lifted her head. Even if she had gotten her cloak, Alena doubted it would have been enough to warm her. She had made a nice nest for Perch from it, to keep her little kitten warm within the shared shelter in the long winter nights.

For now, she would just have to make due. Pulling her knees close to her chest, she curled herself up against Aenan. Pressing into the warmth of his side, tucking her nose between them so she could breathe warm air instead of the frigid air that stung her lungs. The small girl would have to get used to weather like this if she was truly going to make it, one day she would be just as at home in summer as her love seemed in the winter snows that piled high.

Even as Aenan spoke the words that warmed her heart and soul, using her muzzle she bumped against his side softly. I love you too. she said, her petite tail wagging slowly. Her words had been muffled by a combination of their fur in an attempt to shield her face from all the snow and stinging winds that blew through their camp. Perhaps taking a break wasn't such a good idea, to be stationary as the heavens rained down upon them. She had started to warm up, but her entire body ached. If the heavens were going to rain down on them, who knows how bad things truly would get. With uncertainty pulling at her mind, only then did she move.

She wasn't sure how Aenan would react, but she felt a great need to be closer to him. To feel safe in his arms, to be comforted by the wisdom only age brought. Her heart thumped heavily in her chest as she got to her knees, carefully maneuvering herself to find her new seat on Aenan's lap. Wrapping dark arms around him tightly as she nuzzled her cheek against his chest. Eyes shut tightly in fear of his reaction, she had never done something like this. She had always been at his side, but today she needed to feel closer to him. Not only to share his warmth but to feel the strength of his resolve when hers had started to waver.

Her lover had been so sure of himself, the years he had on the sandy woman would have given him so much more experience in situations like this. To know that her old fisherman had lived through blizzards like this before comforted her deeply. But even with the snow threatening to never stop, to bury them alive Aenan hadn't been worried and that's what she would hold onto. To know that her love had spent many winters here, to have his knowledge ensuring her survival through this brutal storm. Alena couldn't bring herself to speak for some time, dark arms tightening around her love.

Pressing her cheek against his chest she let out a deep sigh. W-what if the snow doesn't stop?.. she asked, a slight note of fear playing in her voice. If the snow didn't stop soon, she could have easily been swallowed whole and that thought is what brought her to near panic. The snow beyond the fence is far past half my height. she added softly. She didn't want to think of just how much snow the heavens might curse them with, not wanting to think of being swallowed whole by a wall of snow.

template by Andi, image by @sadswim

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Miranda

POSTED: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:27 pm

His eyebrows rose as Alena seated herself in his lap. Aenan blinked a few times as she settled against him, before settling around her himself. The male wrapped his arms around the girl and gently nuzzled the top of her head before resting his atop her fiery locks. One hand gently stroked her side, slow and long slides through her fur. He could sense her unease and he tried to comfort her to the best of his ability. He held her close and sheltered her body from what winds that strayed into their shelter. It wasn’t impenetrable, but it was a fortress of green boughs in the pure white their world was becoming. In their silence the old man found himself staring out at the expanse outside their walls. A secluded island in a sea of fluffy ice. While true he had lived through blizzards, this one may have been the worst he had seen yet, though he kept that to himself, so to keep his lover’s mind at ease.

Alena spoke and Aenan leaned his head back to look her in the eye. His ambers met her emeralds, though his face contorted slightly as he tried to stifle a chuckle. Trying to give her a gentle smile instead of one of laughter Aenan gently rubbed her back in circles in an attempt to calm the girl. “It’ll stop, eventually,” he assured her before planting a kiss between her eyes. “And if it ends up higher than you are tall, then I will carry you to wherever we need to go.” Though he doubted he’d have to do that, the man was strong enough to Carry Alena, at least for a little while. He couldn't help but imagine her standing with the snow up to her ears.

The man’s eyes lingered on his gift he was given prior, a bottle o’ booze from the little lady he held. He wondered if a distraction was best for the both of them. It could help if cabin fever set in too. However, he figured it’d be best if they remained sober during the bad weather, and in so, his eyes returned to his youthful beauty. “Why don’t we share stories until it stops, then we’ll get back to clearing the snow, eh?” he suggested, teeth showing in a grin.
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Scott
Luperci Mate to Alena Home is wherever there is you. They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Alena
ooc stuff here! ily miranda <3 [594]

Her heart could have lept right from her chest, the nervousness she felt so great that she had practically curled up on Aenan's lap. Never once did her love protest to her movements, almost as if he could read her mind far better than she could. The worries of the skies pouring endless supplies of snow were enough to make her worry, but the fear of being swallowed whole by the snow was a real one. She wasn't as tall as Aenan, she wasn't as experienced. Her safety lay in the capable and experienced hands of her partner. Once she had settled into his lap, pressing against his chest, she could feel the warmth radiating from him. His arms wrapped around her, gently stroking her sides. Ear and a half lay resting against her crown as Aenan gave the top of her head a loving nuzzle, a small smile pulled at her features almost overtaking the fear and worry within her.

Though as she spoke, he leaned back to ensure they could look each other in the eyes. The warm ambers of his eyes could melt her, like swimming in honey. Though as his face contorted, stifling laughter she instantly felt foolish. Of course, the snow would stop eventually but the biggest question on her mind would be 'when?'. The snow would continue to fall far beyond her height if it continued at this pace, she wouldn't be able to help Aenan with clearing snow if she was practically frozen in place within the high walls created by the heavens unleashing hell upon them. A small pout replaced any smiles or worry now, emerald gems radiated her innocence to her mate. She wasn't hurt by his reaction, but feeling foolish wasn't one of the best feelings in the world.

I know it'll stop... But when? I know we can't predict what the weather will be like... But the snow is coming down so fast... she said her voice trailing off. It was true, she couldn't compare anything to this situation. Heavens raining down upon them, threatening to pile the snow high into the sky. Even the rainy season hadn't been this bad, in the heaviest of storms the rain never seemed to fall this fast, to accumulate this quickly. That is what shocked the young girl so deeply, to have experienced nothing like this blizzard before and be thrust into the middle of it so suddenly. It was comforting to feel her mate against her, his gentle touch comforting her deeply.

Lids closed to hide emerald gems, resting her head against her lover as he spoke. It was nice to know that he would carry her, to protect her no matter what the world threw at them. She couldn't help but smile, even if her beautiful smile was edged with worry. Aenan made her feel safe, and that's what she would focus on. Ear and a half pricked forward at his suggestion. What kind of stories? she asked in a curious tone. She didn't have many stories to share, though some legends that her parents had passed on could suffice if need be. I'd love to hear all your stories. she said, her tone hushed and embarrassed. She didn't know much about Aenan's life before her, all his life experiences had been locked away in the older man's mind. This would be a perfect opportunity for her to learn that much more about the man she loved.

template by Andi, image by @sadswim

Mistfell Vale
Wolverthorne
Miranda

Northern Tides