Pull me in again, don’t fall

Bayani

POSTED: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Word Count → 319 :: Dec 3rd. Before injury.
Oh, she was so going to be in trouble if either of her parents came to realise that she'd left the safety of Sapeint's borders. Their arguments for keeping her close and confined behind the invisible scent line, that marked what was safe and belonging to her father, the beyond of which was considered neutral lands and very much unsafe, were ones she could rationally understand. Yes, she had no training in self defence, little life experience to allow her to best read a situation and determine if she was in danger or not.

No, she wasn't a great liar, nor did she possess a level of natural caution that everyone else apparently had. Rather, she liked to believe everyone at face value, to give them a chance and the benefit of the doubt – thinking everyone was going to have bad intents wouldn't make for a happy life, at least that logic made sense to her, even if her parents just gave her a long suffering look when she'd said it first to her mother, then later to her father when he caught her trying to sneak out.

Really though, those who weren't good had to be a minority and her parents were simply being ridiculous. So, it had taken a few attempts for her to pull it off, but she'd managed to make her way over to the borders and beyond them.

Knowing of the world beyond it didn't equate to understanding it. She needed to get out there and experience things for herself, make her own mistakes and learn her own lessons. Being wrapped in cotton wool, masked as love and concern, was simply stifling her.

Picking up the pace, she was almost skipping as she moved forward, eyes wide as she took in everything around her, scents drawn in every few seconds, excitement growing to entirely new heights.

Art by Remarin

And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head

Kitty
Luperci DRINK ME!
MY SANCTUARY
YOU'RE HOLY TO ME

POSTED: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:52 pm

sneaking out to feed the hunger

The crystal had him on a high.

The traveler that he'd acquired it from had the stone hidden among a collection of largely worthless rocks, no matter the fact that they looked pretty. Bayani had been hovering in the woods not awfully far from the edge of Salsola, avoiding the rank and haughtiness of his home's interior and attempting to indulge in his most obvious addiction. Stealing, one could argue, was a habit that he couldn't break, but this isn't what he'd set out to do. Genuinely, he'd wanted to find a worthwhile trade. Maybe it wouldn't have been quite honest- after all, it was not Bayani's fault the majority of the strangers he met were ignorant and stupid according to the worth of their goods. After being raised in a merchant town, where every next meal depended on the genuine value of what you were offering, he knew what was what. This particular passerby had fallen so effortlessly into the wolfdog's invisible ropes it was almost comical. The Grimm managed to undermine the entire exchange with only a single scene of precise acting. When the other had shown interest in the goods Bayani carried- several chains of jewelry around his neck or ringing his fingers- he had begun his facade. The Salsolan explained the value of each individual piece, with was an outright lie and overestimation every time. The fellow dog had then presented his tray of pretty rocks. Bayani seemed wholly uninterested, even once setting sight upon the many-karat beryl, and traded off a single piece of worthless copper jewelry for the stone.

Now he held it in his hand, running his finger over the raw surface over and over, enraptured. It was a striking clear-blue, and nearly the size of his palm. His mother had worked with beryl many times before, and while it was not exceptionally rare, the clearer the gem, the more its value. The stone the trader had given him had only the faintest hints of opacity and was clearly gem-quality. The find had sent Bayani into a desire. He wanted to carve the thing into something to adorn his sister's throat, or perhaps present portions of it in rings to the greediness of his fellow Salsolans. It was a great prize for him to locate, but only one. He imagined the rainbow of colored gems he had memorized- perhaps without realization- and imagined all of the things to create, even despite his novice skills. Bayani's products would not have the ability to compare to his mothers', but with practice, perhaps they one day would. And with this determination alighting his mismatched gemstone of a gaze, he set deeper into the forest.

He departed north. Salsola would not miss him for his brief journey, though Bayani's mind did flicker occasionally back to his sister. He consoled himself that she had a friend, now. Strawberry and the brother had not begun on the best terms, but over the last few weeks the thief had grown accustomed and indifferent to the apparent slave. He was uncertain, still, if the male could protect his sister in a fight, but he supposed that his presence was better than none at all. Pulling his coat tighter over his shoulders, the male continued his ceaseless trek through the snows, grateful for the thick doggish lengths of his fur when the winds became particularly ceaseless.

He found no more crystals or gemstones of interest the day prior nor the morning next. But he was not swayed, for patience had become an essential element to the success of his thievery or obtainment of what he sought. He continued to walk, not quite certain what he was expecting the direction to offer him, but not quite caring. He's fully forgotten what packs lay to the north before catching scent of Sapient on the breeze. Ah, yes. Certainly, he could find something of worth nearby, so close in proximity to the group who had their hearts set so fully on wealth. And find something he did, though it was not a gemstone. It was, rather, a girl.

She was certainly young, most definitely not over the age of a year, and probably new to the delights of shifting. She passed by in a sort of skip, obviously excited at her freedom- which made Bayani suspect it was not quite allowed- and he caught the scent of Sapient as she passed him by. Tipping his head, he made a quick decision, as this was the most interesting scene he had found the past days. Without even a trace of a sound, he brought himself in her path, his figure obviously friendly and positioned in an attempt to cause her no harm. He smiled at her, a bright thing. "Careful, miss. Tree roots really like to trip up those of us who skip."

((810)) ooc. tl;dr I failed to keep the creep to a minimum

Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Word Count → 208 :: Out of Character text
With a gasp and hand to her chest, she tripped a step or two before coming to a halt before the strange male who'd seemingly appeared out of thin air. Such things, whilst she fancied the concept of magic, of the unknown and the impossible feats described in fantasy books, she knew wasn't to be the case. If anything it had been her own inattention that had allowed him to just pop right on in whilst her attention had been elsewhere.

“Um, right. Talking from experience?” beaming a smile his way, she caught a strand of pale hair, twirling it around her finger as she looked up to the strangers face. Whilst she was mostly, ok, only accustomed to meeting members of Sapient, he was a canine much as he was and she trusted the smile upon his face, as she would that of a pack mate. It wasn't blind naivety per say. More a belief that the male was genuine, that he was to be respected and treated at face value, innocent until proven otherwise.

“Oh. I'm Sloan. By the way. You are?” she introduced herself after a seconds pause, once again smiling wide, inclining her head in a curious manner at the spotted stranger.

Art by Remarin

Kitty
Luperci DRINK ME!
MY SANCTUARY
YOU'RE HOLY TO ME

POSTED: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:10 pm

sneaking out to feed the hunger

His first impression was of her expressiveness- a gasp, a stop, a quick and witty response. She was a character, he could already infer, despite her youth. It had been a good inference to strike up the conversation; this young girl would, at the very least, be a welcome point of interest and potential source of information. He did not intend to extract secrets from her- he wasn't certain of how gullible she could be, anyways- but Bayani knew very little of Sapient. He knew that they had wealth (of course, never as much as Salsola could boast) and that intrigued him.

"Maybe. I have tripped in the past, but I much prefer to do the tripping." He shot back, smile unwavering. She had matched his grin, with a flare by twirling her golden hair, and Bayani's suspicion of her sincerity was confirmed. She had yet to develop experiences that would cause her to question the honesty of every face she came into contact with, that was certain. Lucky for the stranger, Bayani had no intentions to swipe something from her. Even should he, it seemed the Sapien was carrying little of value. A conversation was his only intent.

"My name is Blue." He lied, the words honey off his tongue. It did not even take effort anymore, to fabricate the identity he had been wearing for so long. The Salsolan shouldered the bag that was slung across his back, tipping his head in a gesture that betrayed his doggish descent. "From Sapient, are you? Does your pack know you're out here, talking to strangers?" The smile returned, just a flicker of white teeth on a blue-painted face.

((278)) ooc.

Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Word Count → 244 :: Out of Character text
“You know, if you like someone, tripping them isn't the way to go,” it was such a strange thing for him to admit he liked tripping others up, her mind whirring to make sense of that statement. She'd been told that males, especially young ones, would often pick on those they liked, unable to otherwise express their interest any other way; maybe this was what he meant? That or he was just plain mean and freely admitting it, something she really didn't wish to believe of someone. Shaking her head, curious eyes stared into the others mismatched, trying to figure the stranger out.

A name was given freely, followed by more questions that had her ears twitching, head falling to the side as a smile lifted her lips, arms crossing at his words. Did Sapient care she was here? As the alpha's daughter, yes, they probably she did; her age and inability to defend herself made her too vulnerable to be out here on her own, words that were so often drilled into her that she could recite that speech word for word. Their concern was appreciated, even when it could be a little stifling.

“I'm not the only one going around talking to strangers. But I have your name now, Blue, so that technically doesn't make you a stranger,” it was a childlike logic, yet if everyone avoided everyone knew, how did anyone make friends, find love and experience the world?!

Art by Remarin

Kitty
Luperci DRINK ME!
MY SANCTUARY
YOU'RE HOLY TO ME

Dead Topics