Fleece as white as snow

p. Scorpius

POSTED: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:31 am

ooc - Feel free to have Scorpius approach Calia near MV's borders as she calls her goats!

Calia

Since the founding of the Vale, its members had been taking care to not only establish their scent line, but to reinforce them as well. At least daily, if not evening and night, Mistwalkers would patrol the perimeter of their newly established territory and freshen the scent line with new smells. Though the group had not been together long enough yet to develop a similar, uniformed scent, Calia had faith that the layerings upon layerings of scent markers would share the same message.

For with any newly claimed territory, there was always the risk that a loner would be willing to challenge such a boundary. Any territories with weak or fading scents would easily be crossed by other Luperci, so it was especially crucial that the Vale made their presence known. This was one of the reasons why Calia decided to bring out her goats this way, so close along the border separating Mistfell Vale from the neutral lands stretching as far as the eye could see.

Calia tilted her head back and released a howl, her wooden shepherd’s crook held in one hand. And there she waited, standing patiently as the wind buffeted her wild curls about her head. Gradually, the furry beasts appeared on the horizon, mostly in pairs or trios. But two became four, then eight, then more. Eventually, nearly a dozen goats circled around the Nightstag, their bleats filling the winter sky.

wc 315
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:10 am

Sorry this took forever! And it's so long! Dx [ 476 ]

There had been whispers on the wind that a new pack had formed close to where Vinatta had once made its home. Although ever expanding and slowly becoming more and more renowned in the packlands, the Thistle Kingdom and its denizens remained secretive by nature, and it was of great interest to them that a new pack was settling in across the bay.

The trek would not have been as long if he was able to simply cross the Bay but the Beast chose to circle around northwest with purpose; if only to re-familiarize himself with the world around him, but also to reaffirm his awareness of the other packs.

Sapient loomed to the north against the coast and their border smelled a little closer than the last time he had ventured away from Salsola. It didn’t worry him though. The Sapiens were just about as reclusive as the Salsolans and seemed to keep to themselves easily enough, so he didn’t pay them much mind. The same could be said of the Krokarans, who were offered a passing glance in their general direction as dismissively as the Sapiens. He was not planning on venturing so far out toward the west anyways.

Scorpius took a night to rest his horse before pressing onward the following morning. The surefooted Gaia was a strong and stalwart steed but still needed food and water and rest as any able-bodied luperci did. He wasn’t sure exactly where the new pack had settled, or anything else beyond its alleged existence, so he followed the coast until the scent of luperci grew strong against the passing breeze. By that alone he knew he was getting closer.

With his scent and that of his horse disguised there was no telling where he came from specifically, though he smelled faintly of local flora and fauna, a scent that was easily picked up from his journey alone. Set at the rear of his horse was a bundle – a bedroll for sleeping, a few furs for trade, and two balanced saddle bags full of provisions for the trip – that could easily tell any passerby that he was a traveler. More than enough to maintain his ruse.

The bleating of goats found his ears before a beckoning howl pierced through the sky and Scorpius turned his horse to follow it, the scent of luperci growing ever stronger as he followed the goats and the sound. It wasn’t long before his horse had to tread carefully through the bleating herd and a stranger stood with a shepherd’s crook not too far in the distance.

With a smile that seemed to fit too well upon his two-toned features, red eyes brightened and a leather-wrapped hand appeared from his cloak, waving cheerily in the stranger’s direction as he slowly closed the distance between them.

The traveler called out kindly. "'Allo there!"

Avatar by Eve; Siggy by Songbird
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Eve
Cazador, Veleno
VIRULENT
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:13 pm

ooc - My apologies for the short reply Dx

Calia

Calia heard the wayward traveler before she saw him. A greeting reached her ears, and the Nighstag turned around to be greeted with the sight of a man approaching her upon horseback, waving in a friendly manner. The albino’s poor vision initially did little to depict much more than a dark blob on the horizon, however as the male drew closer more discerning features could be picked out. The stranger had a dark pelt, black to her white, however his crimson eyes were very similar in shade to her own.

”Hello, hello!” The Nightstag dug her crook into the winter ground as she marched forwards to meet the man halfway. As she crossed through the valley, goats parted reluctantly on either side of her to clear a path. Now the albino could catch the male’s scent, though apart from the familiar smells of the local flora and fauna, she could decipher little else. Perhaps he’s a loner, then. The Nightstag assumed privately. Nonetheless, he seemed friendly enough, and that was all that truly mattered.

”Not a bad day for a ride, eh? Or a walk, ehehe.” The albino chuckled. The stranger was well dressed for the weather, a cloak fitting snugly around his shoulders. Calia remained bare, relying on her fur and body heat to get through the winter day. A little cold never bothered her, anyways. ”My my, that’s quite a beaut you got there!” Calia commented, inclining her head at the man’s steadfast mount ”What’d you call her?”

”My name’s Calia, Nightstag of Mistfell Vale.” The Nighstag introduced herself to the dark pelted male, a friendly smile lifting the corners of her eyes.

wc 275
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:31 pm

No worries~ [ 222 ]

Scorpius slipped from the saddle and brought his feet to the ground when at last he had the stranger's attention and she moved to meet him. The sea of goats parted for the both of them, and once at a comfortable distance, both canines stopped and smiled at one another as if they were old friends. Gaia extended her nose and blew a salutation at the femme, the tall horse drawing in her scent curiously.

"A fine day indeed. One can almost smell spring in the air with all this sunshine." He maintained his friendly facade easily enough, he simply had to act in every way opposite to what was normal for him, even if it was strange. The pale femme took a moment to admire his horse and he let his smile broaden ever so slightly, a leather-wrapped hand arisen to gently stroke her neck. "This is Gaia, Mother of the Earth, or so I've been told." He chuckled lightly.

"A pleasure, Miss Calia." The Beast nodded graciously to her introduction before providing his own. "Ebon Oscuro, wanderer of the world." His smile was unfading, charming and polite, his features still soft and begign. "But please, forgive the ignorance of a traveler and do tell, just what is a Nightstag? And Mistfell Vale, that is your pack?" His curiosity was genuine.

Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Eve
Cazador, Veleno
VIRULENT
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Calia

The mount snorted as she took in the albino’s scent, ears forward in a friendly manner. The Nightstag’s grin widened as she held out an outstretched palm for the beat to sniff, taking the opportunity to give the equine a few strokes on her velvety muzzle. There had been no majestic beasts back in her mountainous homelands, only stout and stubborn donkeys to pull the plows in the field. Even after a good half year spent in these lands, such horses remained a wonder to the albino.

The dark pelted male adopted his facade so fluently that all the Nightstag saw was true genuity in his friendliness. She did not miss the slight lengthening of his smile as he leaned down to pat his mount on the neck, responding positively to Calia’s compliments. ”Gaia,” Calai mused allowed ”Beautiful name for a beautiful horse! Lovely meaning behind it too.” The Nightstag ceased stroking the mare’s muzzle, her crimson gaze returning to the Jaggermeister’s.

”No need for formalities, Ebon,” Calia chided with a chuckle, shaking her head ”Plain ol’ Calia will do jus’ fine!” Wanderer of the world, eh? The Nightstag regarded Ebon with curiosity, wondering what wonders his travel had graced him with. At the male’s polite questioning, Calia’s ears flicked forwards in interest. Being newly minted as it was, not even the other packs were made aware of the Vale’s formation. So Ebon hardly needed to apologize for his ignorance, especially since he was a wanderer.

”Nay, don’ apologize! The Vale is jus’ a babe, after all.” Calia waved her hand in dismissal, a friendly smile gracing her features ”And yep! “Nightstag” t’is nothing but a formality, a rank title. It stands for second in command.” At this the albino straightened up her posture, pride evident in her change of body language.

wc 302
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 am

~ [ 288 ]

The Jagermeister let forth a throaty chuckle at the Nightstag's playful chide, his maw dipped in a small nod of acknowledgement. "An old habit is hard to break, but I'll do my best." His gaze averted at last to regard her herd of goats for a moment. There were many and they looked well fed and in good health. He wondered if they belonged to her specifically or if they were communal to the pack.

Calia went on to answer his questions and seemed more than happy to share. He returned his gaze to her face, his curious smile unfaded, and listened intently, genuinely intrigued. So the Vale, as she called it, was newly formed and had two leaders of which she was the second. Scorpius was born to a female pack leader and lived under the strong rule of another, so he was not surprised to see a female in a position of power. It did make him wonder who stood above her though, but he had to tread carefully, and didn't want to seem suspicious by asking too many questions.

"Second in command, aye? Then this is an honor!" He bowed his tall frame just a little, graciously, somewhat in jest but also in respect, though the entirety of it was feigned. Again, having put on his facade so many times, it was impossible to see through the carefully crafted charade. "I suppose it's not too far from here then? I only ask because I wouldn't want to stray the wrong way." His gaze rose to glance off into the distance beyond her for only a moment before red eyes returned. "I'll admit I've made that mistake before." He laughed a little. "It didn't go well."

Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Eve
Cazador, Veleno
VIRULENT
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:55 am

Calia

Ebon was a pleasantly mannered man, listening intently as Calia rattled off answers one by one. She was more than happy to take part in spreading word about the Vale’s formation, after all, it would only be a matter of time before someone stumbled upon their newly laid scent borders. She welcomed any questions, for if anything, Ebon would potentially pass these on during his travels. It helped that he seemed particularly interested in the Vale too, something that Calia was all too happy to indulge in.

”Oh, please!” Calia giggled, waving off the loner’s bow as she revealed the nature of her title. Though her rank filled her with pride, it was still a foreign feeling to have someone bow to her, even if it was made partly in jest. After all, who would bow to a simple goatherd? ”Ay, the borders are jus’ over yonder!” Calia confirmed the dark male’s suspicion, pointing in the general direction of which she came from. As Ebon continued, Calia’s ears flicked ”Well, I don’t know about the other Packs, but you can stray as close to the Vale’s borders as you wish. So long as you don’t cross them, nothing will befall you.”

”What was this other incident you speak of?” Calia pressed, curiosity in her gaze. If there was a more hostile group in these regions, it would be best if she knew before making a wrong turn ”Is there a stricter group near here?”

wc 245
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

POSTED: Fri May 11, 2018 11:59 pm

~ [ 256 ]

The pale femme motioned toward where her pack's border was and Scorpius raised his gaze once more, committing the general direction to memory. He doubted he would ever need to return to darken the Vale's doorstep anytime soon, but it was good to know that the way southwest to Portland now required a detour around the new pack's claim instead of the relatively straight route down the coast.

"Ah, well, I'm glad to hear an innocent mistake won't be met with needless aggression." He remarked in response to her words about encroaching on their border. It made sense. A new pack would be needing plenty of members to grow and thrive, so chasing away every curious stranger that stepped too close to their claim was a counterproductive way of doing things. Better to start out warm and welcoming and then weed out the undesirable after getting to know them better. One could never really judge a book by its cover after all.

"Mm, best steer clear of Inferni." He found the answer to her question much easier to convey when his lie was laced with a measure of truth. The coyote supremacists of Inferni were very likely to attack anyone they perceived as a wolf on first sight, especially now that they were chased away into the seclusion of the burned lands. "They don't like strangers getting too close to their border and they hate wolves." He let a little frown flood his two-toned features. "As you can imagine a fella like myself wasn't very welcome."

Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Eve
Cazador, Veleno
VIRULENT
Valar Morghulis

POSTED: Fri May 25, 2018 12:40 pm

ooc - I thought we could wrap this up soon? Thank you for the lovely thread <3

Calia

”Ay, of course not!” Calia reassured the male with a grin ”Nothing beyond our scent line is our claim.” But it appeared that not every Pack in these lands believed it so? Calia found her curiosity peaking at this so called Pack that drove away loners who even strayed near their borders. As long as it was all done in curiosity, and not in malice, what was the harm? It would not do good for the Vale’s reputation as a budding Pack to chase away wayward loners and strays, as they were potential joiners to strengthen their ranks.

”Inferni, you say?” Calia nodded as she committed the name to memory, grateful for the loner’s answer. The albino had not come across this Inferni, thankfully. Otherwise her story in these parts may have been drastically different. ”In that case, I don’t reckon they’d like the sight of me, either!” The Nightstag chuckled as she remarked on her rather wolfish features. She had never heard of Pack that discriminated against species of canine, certainly the Vale did not.

But now that she thought of it, there were no high content coyotes currently within the Vale.

”Well, I sure dun’ want to keep you from going on your way” Calia finalized, offering another grin in passing ”You keep safe on your travels!”

”And if you ever stray near the Vale, well, you know where I’ll be!”

wc 233
Mistfell Vale
Nightstag
El
Luperci Drakehund Tier I
Baa Baa Black Sheep

Dead Topics