[M] Oooh la la la la la, let's live in the moment!

Risa

POSTED: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:38 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Sedona Whitesage
Word Count → 1033 :: Set just after nightfall in the Miramichi Wilderness just outside MV. :)

It had been a long week again. One filled with hard labor and busy tasks that had kept Sedona occupied and feeling fulfilled. It was exhausting, but in a way that left Sedona aching in a manner that reminded her that she was part of something bigger than herself. She belonged somewhere and she had responsibilities and loyalties to attend to. This knowledge pleased her. It wasn't that the woman didn't know how to have fun, she just often took such great pleasure in her work, that she sometimes forgot to take it easy from time to time. It was her sore muscles and the prompting of a fellow pack mate, seeing the amount of yawning she had been doing all day, that had her now unpacking her supplies just outside the borders of Mistfell Vale for a night or two of self-indulgence. It was time to have a little alone time to relax and let loose a bit after being so dutiful for so long. The repairs on her home were nearly completed, the corral fencing was nearly all replaced and soon the project of rebuilding the barn would be underway. Things were progressing smoothly and the Whitesage woman couldn't be more satisfied.

Placing the last piece of wood upon the fire she'd set up, Sedona proceeded then to spread out one of the thick indian blankets she had upon the ground before the fire pit and settled down upon it comfortably beside her rucksack. In the shadows of a tree nearby, the soft noises of her mare, Hopi could be heard as the equine settled in for the night as well. Sedona planned to only be out here for a day or so, but in that time she was going to make the most of her freedom. She'd procured some alcohol and a bit of herb to smoke from a local and planned to fully enjoy herself. Striking her steel and flint until sparks showered onto the dried wood she'd carefully arranged within the ring of stones that made her fire, Sedona sat back as flames roared to life, the heat welcome in the quickly cooling night air. The sun had set an hour ago and the night was swiftly claiming the land around her. Autumn was one of her favorite times of year. The shifting season was not too hot, not too cold and the colorful leaves on the trees was a breathtaking sight to behold. It was a mid way between Winter and Spring that was just right for Sedona. Having grown up in a climate that rarely ever saw Autumn, it was something that the cowgirl cherished here in these new lands.

With a content sigh and soft smile playing on her lips, the coydog hybrid leaned back against a boulder and removed one of the jars of whiskey she'd brought with her and unscrewed the lid. The pungent odor hit her nose, causing her eyes to smart a bit. 'Ooh boy, I'm gonna have fun tonight...' she thought and without another pause took a couple large swigs of the alcohol, gasping softly at the strong taste before setting down the jar and chuckling. Oh yes, a fun night indeed. Turning back to her pack again, she began to rifle through it in search of the small wooden box that held her stash of Marijuana. Might as well get the one-man party started. The night was young and it wasn't like there was anyone around telling her how to spend her "day off". If she ended up with company there'd be plenty to share. Even though she wasn't usually one to let down her guard around others, she figure one night wouldn't hurt. It had been so long since she'd smoked, she wondered how well her body would handle the herb. Pulling out a worn, hand carved antler pipe, Sedona smirked at the piece, remembering her brothers and her making it together, before beginning to load it with dried green plant by firelight. Her head was already buzzing from the strength of the whiskey. Biff had supplied her with some of his stronger brew this time it seemed. 'Excellent.' It would make for a pretty good crossfade. Which was exactly what the cowgirl sought. She wanted to reach a level of bliss that had her relaxed enough not to give a fuck about the world and to no longer feel her sore, aching body. Judging by what she felt so far, she was on the right track already. Once the pipe was sufficiently packed, Sedona removed her cowboy hat and set it upon the rock behind her head and reached carefully into the flames before her for a small stick. Using the burning end, she lit the bowl and began to draw upon it inhaling the acrid smoke into her lungs for full effect of the medicinal herb. It wasn't long before the heady effects sunk in. Tamping out the embers, Sedona leaned back again and looked up at the starry sky above, zenning out, enjoying existence, lost in her own little world, free from thought and social constraint. As she watched, a shooting star streaked by overhead and the cowgirl smiled. 'A wishin' star that was I'd wager...' She mused. She'd never been one for superstitions, but this time, she played along and decided she'd make a wish on the star just this once. Her mind briefly strayed to the handsome male, Walker, she'd met at Biff's bar in Amherst. 'I wish I had a friend to share the night with.' And why the hell not? It felt damn good to just let go and live in the moment. She'd done so that night with Walker, and here, she was doing it again. She could wish to share the magic of the night with someone else if she wanted. It was her time, and she could do what she pleased with it. And besides, it wasn't like that night had turned out unpleasant. In fact, it had turned out to be quite memorable. Shifting a little in place, the cowgirl refocused on the stars, wondering who else out there might be looking up at them right then...

High On Life

Table by Kitty, image by Nick Tiemeyer.

POSTED: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Hold me closer
Tony Danza

Monica had been his constant, the only one he'd had in his entire life -- and he was hers. They were drifters, scavenging what they could and never staying anywhere for too long. Risa never minded this sort of life; being surrounded by constant change, for it was all he ever knew. Sometimes, his mother talked about something more. A place out west called Ceniza Valley and the friends she had there that she'd been separated from a long time ago. She talked about it a lot actually.

She never talked about his father. Until she did.

A month had passed since the tearful goodbye between Risa and his mother. He'd seen the pain in her eyes, her reluctance to let go of the baby boy whom she'd held under her protective wing for the last happy year. But, having run into some ex-Infernian stragglers and old acquaintances by pure chance, she was to return to the valley. To the one true home she had.

Stories aside, it had never been home to Risa, and a simple passing reference to his previously unknown father lit a fire of curiosity in the young man. He begged her to tell him anything she could, but she couldn't even pass on a name -- only the description of a broad, white wolfdog with scars and a strange symbol marked into his breast. Risa would not rest until the man was found.

So, he set out and did as he had always done, doing the luperci equivalent of crashing on the couches of strangers. Risa was strangely at home on the road. Perhaps it was the chaos and unpredictability of each day. Or maybe it was just Risa's laid back nature.

Alone, he blazed a trail northeast and gave strangers the description of his father whenever he could, hoping for a lead. Most turned up dry, and a lot was pointedly false. Just people trying to fuck with him. But Risa held strong in his conviction. Although, sometimes, especially at night, it was hard to be so so hopeful.

He smelled the smoke from the fire first, but Risa had learned long ago that bounding into luperci camps uninvited was typically frowned upon. But, soon after, Risa smelled the weed.

His mother had let him smoke once or twice before and it had always been a good time. Brash as Risa was, this was just enough justification for him to seek out the source.

He emerged from the brush and into a clearing. Blankets were strewn about and scent of cannabis and spirits lingered in the air. Breathing deep, Risa closed his eyes. "Joints up fuckers," Risa spoke, running both hands through his long, dark hair. There was a singsong quality to his voice. Light and jubilant. "The party has arri--"

He opened his eyes and saw only a woman illuminated by the fire's light. Confused, he looked about the little camp. "Are you -- are you waiting for someone?" he asked. It was quite a set up, especially for just a solo night to unwind.

OOC text here.
Risa Rivera
~ Reaching in a little deeper ~
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:34 pm

WC: 380

Sedona continued to take a few puffs off her pipe as she watched the sky overhead. A few more shooting stars traced their way across the darkness as she looked on. It was a busy night for those who enjoyed astronomical events such as this. Content and at last feeling relaxed enough, the woman set her antler pipe aside and reached for her jar of whiskey, taking a couple swigs to increase the heady, warm buzz she already had going. Satisfied with her high, she chuckled to herself and pulled one of the blankets she'd laid out closer around herself before attending the fire and stoking the flames a little.

She was about to reach into her pack to pull out some food when suddenly she found herself no longer alone. Blinking a little stupidly at first, Sedona looked up as a voice called out from the shadows on the other side of her fire pit. 'Joint's up fuckers, the party's arri--' the young male's voice cut short in surprise. His tone matched the look on the cowgirl's face she imagined. For a brief moment she just sat in silence looking him over quizzically while he collected himself and continued. 'Are you -- are you waiting for someone?' He asked and the Whitesage female took a second to glance around her camp before laughing with great amusement. "I hadn't been, no, but by golly yer more than welcome t'join me." She giggled, unable to help herself. The young man's arrival was quite comical to her in her blitzed state. His interruption had cause her to forget all about food and want to focus on whatever the hell it was he thought was going on here at her little single-person pow wow. "Come, take a seat, I got plenty of room and I got plenty t'share if ya want." She smirked and lifted the pipe and booze in each hand respectively. She wasn't always this open, but this guy had caught her on a lucky night. And besides, hadn't she just wished for company not too long ago? Well, it looked like he was it. They were off to a great start if you asked her. Despite how much she tried, she couldn't wipe the amused smirk off her face.

POSTED: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Hold me closer
Tony Danza

The woman laughed, but it wasn't one of those laughing at your expense sort of laughs, Risa could tell. Or, at least he thought he could discern the difference between the two. After all, it wouldn't be the first time he misinterpreted the intentions of others. He laughed too, but it was a nervous, awkward thing in the wake of a grand entrance that he could now see was for fuck all.

Or, maybe it wasn't. Risa's gaze fell on the woman with the red bandana. She was cute, he thought, with bright green eyes and sharp coyote features. She was a few years older as far as he could tell, but older women were A-Okay with Risa. Hell, at his age, any woman was okay with Risa.

Cool boi protocol, engage.

"Well, uh -- shit," Risa started, smile playing across his face, "Don't mind if I do." He joined her there on the blanket, sprawling comfortably beside the stranger. The jar of whisky was passed and Risa took from it a long swig, enough to make his face contort and pucker. It was strong shit, and it burned all the way down. The pipe was taken next.

Normally, Risa would think twice about taking advantage of a stranger's stash, but it was offered so freely. He was into it. She seemed into it. It was a time. Risa breathed deep and thick smoke filled his lungs; too much. Risa's chest heaved and he started to cough. Smoke pealed from his mouth and nose as he struggled for fresh air.

"I'm Risa, by the way," he voice between ragged coughs. It felt as if something were stuck in his throat. He took another swig of the woman's whisky and a warmth spread across his body like no other.

OOC text here.
Risa Rivera
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:15 pm

WC: 537

Sedona, stoned, tipsy and quite relaxed watched through warmed cheeks and a heady buzz as the young male slowly recovered from his embarrassment. It was almost palpable in the air at first, but she was mildly impressed with the youth's ability to easily pull himself back together in the face of a stranger. 'Well, uh -- shit. Don't mind if I do.' Smiling, the cowgirl scooted over a bit to allow him some room beside her. She offered him the ja of whiskey and watched as he gulped down a few mouthfuls and couldn't help but grin at the faces he made as he swallowed the burning liquid. She shook her head as he set down the jar. "Best be careful, Biff's brew is some of the strongest shit I know of 'round these parts." She giggled and then offered her carved antler pipe to him and the blackened twig she'd used previously to light it.

The mix pelted male accepted the pipe and lit it with ease. Clearly he was not a newbie to the herb. And yet, she couldn't help but let out another amused, barking laugh as she watched him pull a bit too hard on the unfamiliar piece and begin to cough uncontrollably. She barely caught his words through the sound. 'I'm Risa, by the way.' Sedona smirked and watched him try to cure his coughing by taking another swig from the whiskey and she raised an eyebrow. He was gonna fuck himself up good if he didn't watch it. While she didn't mind him taking as much of her booze or pot as he wished, she had plenty more back home for now, she did worry he was gonna get too crossfaded too quick. "Woah there par'ner, slow yerself down yer gonna be sick." The Whitesage woman said with a hint of concern but quickly brought the conversation back to light and teasing. "After all, it's not every night y'come across someone so laid back as you..." She paused, taking another swig of the hooch herself and a hit from the pipe to catch up to his high. Exhaling with a slight cough, she continued. "And I barely just met ya, I'd really rather ya not die on me yet. I still wanna get to know ya better, y'know?" She turned to her pack behind her and pulled out a cowhide canteen of water and offered the cool beverage to him. "I'm--" She was about to introduce herself but just then a loud hiccup came from her muzzle and the sudden sound made her ears perk so fast the previous flop to them both was lost. She clapped a paw to her mouth as another hiccup caused her to bodily hop a little. The motion was quite comical. Unable to stop herself, she began to laugh at the ridiculous situation. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I'm Sedona. It's--" She hiccuped again, wide eyed. "--nice t'meet ya!" She laughed some more, shaking her head, trying to hold her breath to rid herself of the hiccups, but unable to quit laughing with each hiccup that broke through. Oh yeah, the weed and the whiskey was definitely kicking in now.

POSTED: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:45 pm

Hold me closer
Tony Danza

Slow down? SLOW DOWN?! Risa did not understand those words. They simply were not in his lexicon. As a wise old man by the name of Lil John once said, turn down for what? and while Risa did not know of this kindly sage that most likely did not exist in this corporeal world, he held this aforementioned philosophy close to his heart, or, his liver. Whatever. Something cutesy and poetic like that.

But, graciously, Risa took the woman's canteen and took several gulps of cool, fresh water to sooth his burning throat. "Thanks!" he exclaimed with a friendly, dopey grin. His eyes were slits; bloodshot. His brain was already pickled in a pleasant cocktail of chemicals.

Sedona's concern for his wellbeing was admirable, sweet even -- but Risa paid little mind. He was young and invincible, or rather, he totally thought he was. That counted for something. He raised a finger to the woman's lips and made shushing sound as it ran the length of her muzzle. "I ain't gonna die," he told her, completely self-assured. "That sounds really lame. I don't wanna harsh your buzz, you know?"

Then, as the woman tried to introduce herself, only to be interrupted by a hiccup and raucous laughter, Risa found that he was unable to contain himself as well. Laughter was infectious, especially in his state. "Oh my god, your face," he wheezed, rocking back and forth as he tried to compose himself.

"You're funny Sedona. I like you," he said before taking a small sip of the strong stuff.

OOC text here.
Risa Rivera
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ryan
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 pm

OOC: Sorry if this is crap and for the delay. Been a long weekend and I may or may not be slightly hungover. <.< WC: 574

IC: Harshing her buzz was the last thing that could possibly happen with the combination of inebriating substances being passed between the two of them, and the absurdity of the moment. "You're funny Sedona. I like you." As their jocularity forced continued giggled and hiccups from the cowgirl's muzzle, Sedona grinned at the young male's words. "Shit, I'm sure glad you stumbled in here too. I don't think I've had this much fun in years!" She laughed and took one more swig from the whiskey jar, realizing the first one was now emptied and the fire needed a bit of tending before their night could continue.

She didn't really know why she'd put the wood for the campfire so far from where she sat, but it wasn't like it wasn't that far a reach past her guest to get at it.With her mind cloudy and buzzing with the effects of the alcohol and weed, even without the fire, the Whitesage woman was feeling quite warm. If fur didn't cover her cheeks, the flush there upon them would be very evident. Without another word, her sloshed mind not thinking it was really required to pardon her next actions, the woman hiccuped and suddenly leaned far, over and past her guest. But, without her full senses in place, she suddenly lost her balance as she reached for a branch to add to the fire where she'd piled some off the side of the pale coated male and suddenly found herself face first in his lap. Ah fuck!" She muttered and stupidly tried to right herself, haphazardly scrambling, hiccuping and half-laughing her way to a rather awkward, and possibly insinuating to any onlookers' view, position. "I am so sorry! I am a total dork right now!" She leaned against him a little as she righted herself a little better. "I guess I may've had a bit too much..." She spoke softer, folded her ears embarrassed and met his eyes, unable to help feeling slightly aroused at the closeness to the opposite sex, and just simply from her inhibitions being lowered.

"I uh...was just reachin' for some wood..." He eyes widened as she realized her phrasing was horrible in that exact moment. "I mean-- crap! That sounded bad..." She face-palmed and just sat back, abandoning her original quest to stoke the fire and collapsed into another fit of embarrassed, mildly horny and totally drunk and high as hell, laughter. "Fuckin' hell, I still don't even know your name and here I am makin' a damn fool of myself!" At this point, she didn't care anymore. She was too messed up to care. She was having fun and by the looks of her new found friend, he was enjoying himself greatly too. She lay there on the blankets beside him, and pointed at her packs behind her head. "You need to catch up t'me. I can't be the only one literally rollin' round here shitfaced." She insisted, her words slurred slightly, but her face jovial, a paw waving indicating the second jar of hooch and the little box filled with more herb for them to share should he want more. Being the smaller of the two, she was much more likely to end up at her limit before he was, and she knew it. She didn't mind sharing her stash with him, so far everything had been amazingly fun. And there was always more where the stuff came from anyhow.

POSTED: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Hold me closer
Tony Danza

The whiskey burned and Risa winced, face twisting and turning sour at the taste. His head was already swimming; twin intoxicants working together in tandem, each amplifying the effects of the other in a sliding cascade. He had never felt such bliss. Such good company was always welcome too, and Risa was sure he was in the presence of no less than a saint for she shared with him such a divine stash.

He smiled, and soon she was upon him, dragging her body over his lap to reach for some poorly placed firewood. Risa's eyes went wide. Being in such close proximity to the woman, Risa's mind wandered as most young men did. He bit his lip and kept silent, suppressing whatever inappropriate thoughts that passed through his head.

But then, she fell right into his lap. Startled, Risa nearly jumped but his body only stiffened. He looked around. Was this actually happening? Girl. Head in crotch. Is this fucking real life? Am I being punked?

She straightened herself out and from her lips fell something that made Risa grin like an idiot. "Ah shit, you're fine," assured Risa. "Uh, it's Risa," he introduced yet again. She seemed mortified, yet underneath her embarrassment was the sweet scent of arousal. Young and unsure, Risa found himself ensnared without knowing why. He scooched close, as close as he could get, up until their sides touched.

Suave Risa, engage.

"I, uh -- Sure, I got you," he told her, looking down to the second jar of whiskey. He was hardly though the first, but Risa didn't want to look like no bitch. He raised it to his lips and took another long and unpleasant dram. "You're uh-- you're a fuckin' Saint Sedona," he slurred, expressing the utmost gratitude. He smiled and looked into her soft green eyes before laying beside her on his side, stomach againt her flank. An arm was draped over her and his hand found, and cupped her hip.

OOC text here.
Risa Rivera
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Ryan
Luperci

Dead Topics