A Teachable Experience

Beatrix (near the MV border)

POSTED: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Sineria wandered just beyond the border of the Vale, and he brought along his usual grappling hook strapped over his shoulder. He also had the pocket watch that he pulled out of the mud on him, and he was again trying to figure out what it meant. He almost walked aimlessly as he turned the hands of the watch clockwise then counterclockwise, but ultimately came up with nothing and sighed,"Maybe I should just stick to horses, and Yavapai,"

He then peered up and paused after he reached a clearing in the Miramichi Wilderness just barely outside of the Mistfell Vale territory when he noticed a fire. His ears perked up and he thought,"Fire?! Crap, crap, crap! How do I...?" He then noticed that the fire had a traditional ring around it like most, and beside it there was a female who sat on a blanket with a puppy. Sineria was shocked by what he saw, but he also noted that this wasn’t Mistfell Vale territory. Did they even know about the pack, or were they just passing through like traders? Either way he kind of felt obligated to inform them on what the were near, but now the only question in his mind was,"How do I tell them?"

Word count: 218
No matter what the situation is....
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman
Luperci Inventor I Mate to Sedona

POSTED: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Another day had passed without finding Mac. Her stop outside the Mist Vale was longer than intended, but after her run in with Saga, she had decided to stay around for a while longer. After many long nights, it had been pleasant to hold a good conversation with another mother.

Today was a new day, and with it came a new lesson for Junior. If front of them she had placed her ceremonial pipe, a gift given to her from the last High Priestess. The ivory bone pipe lay in two pieces: the bowl, and the steam. Junior watched with curious eyes; He had never seen his mother use this ceremonial item yet. Beside the pieces lay a small bag of tobacco. That was a plant he was familiar with as his mother had taught him about it the other day.

Before Beatrix had a chance to begin her lesson, a new scent appeared. These interruptions are starting to be routine. How annoying. She thought to herself.

A white canine appeared with a horse. On his face was a look of curiosity but also concern. “Greetings. Is something the matter?” The white woman asked. “My son and I were about to start our lesson.”The woman raised her eyebrow while waiting for a response.

POSTED: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:28 pm

(OOC: Sin isn’t traveling with his colt, Yavapai, because Yavapai gets extremely nervous around males and stallion.)

Sineria paused and his ears lowered when he was noticed before he could think of something to say. "U-Uh... I um..." The nervous male muttered then he took a deep breath and cleared his throat,"U-Uh h-hello... a-are you t-two traveling w-west all, o-or south as well in this c-case?" He really didn’t want to tell this woman that she couldn’t proceed any further, especially since she had a pup with her. But it was better that he inquire about this now and possibly prevent them from getting themselves into too much trouble now before they accidentally trespass on the territory, in his mind at least.

"I-I’m Sineria, a-and the thing is... I-I am from a n-nearby pack," He explained in the calmest manner he could, although he was obviously nervous in his expression and worried more than anything. He awkwardly scratched the back of his head and added,"A-Apologies for i-interrupting b-by the way, b-but... y-you’re awfully c-close to the t-territory, s-so I th-thought you’d j-just like t-to know that b-before you go... too far," This was actually going quite well in terms of how Sineria generally conducted his confrontations, or rather at least this time he wasn’t a COMPLETE gibbering mess.

Word count: 244
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman

POSTED: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:58 am

YOUR TIME WILL COME

While the white male looked barely younger than herself, he spoke as if he was a green boy, new to the world of interactions outside his own pack. The woman let out a sigh to rid herself of her earlier minor frustrations; She did not want to scare the boy off. She let the male say his peace, waiting for him to finish before replying. "Don't worry, I'm going nowhere near your pack. I spoke with your leader yesterday and she gave me a warning well enough. I'm merely passing through, and I'll be leaving this afternoon."

Beatrix turned back towards her son who had been watching the interaction politely. His eyes watched hers to see what would happen next. His eyes then turned down towards the ceremonial items that lay between them, and his ears turned down slightly in sadness. It was clear to Beatrix that Junior was worried about their lesson, thinking that it may now be over.

Wanting to reassure her boy, the white woman turned back to Sineria. "Is it all right to say long enough to teach my son his lessons? Or would you rather I pack up and move further away first?" Her emerald green eyes gently looked over the man. She doubted that he would force her away, but it was only polite to ask, especially when talking with someone so timid.

POSTED: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:57 pm

"N-no, it’s fine... s-sorry to i-interrupt," Sineria said and blushed a little from the misunderstanding of the situation. He smiled a bit to show that he was friendly to her and the child then said,"Y-You may continue for as l-long as y-you’d like then for th-the time being. I-If it’s not any t-trouble could I... maybe s-stay and p-possibly h-help out?" Sineria understood the caution of a loner more than anything, plus he admittedly was kind of curious considering his own upbringing under his overprotective parents. He didn’t want to seem come off as some creep, but then again considering the circumstances he certainly seemed to have that effect in his mind with the two in front of him.

He then took a quick moment to clear his mind, and took a large deep breath before he another word came out of his muzzle. "I-If I’m making y-you uneasy w-with that request, f-forgive me. I-It’s just i-in my m-mind I c-could uh... well... vouch f-for you in case someone else come a-along and asks. I-I was a loner once too, a-and th-that c-cautious h-habit hasn’t left m-me... unfortunately." The white wolf wasn’t threatening in the slightest with this statement, and he wanted the two to know that he was just as innocent as anyone else. He would understand if they asked him to leave, but he was at the very least interested in what exactly this mother was doing with different with her pup than what his parents did with him.

Word count: 294
YOU WILL GET CRABS!

P.S. Avatar by Westy
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Sin/Dragonman

POSTED: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:49 am

YOUR TIME WILL COME

The nervous young male wanted to stick around; Not something she had been expecting of him. She assumed he would have scampered off the second the situation seemed safe. Maybe he was stronger than she had initially assumed. He also offered her the promise of validation if any other pack member arrived. This was a very good thing to have.

Her emerald eyes locked onto the others. "You may stay, but what do you know of the Mi'kmaq traditions?" He did not look as if he followed the same traditions as herself, but she did not want to make any more assumptions. Either way it was good to spread the word of her traditions, a key role as High Priestess. Perhaps when she shared her knowledge she could gain new followers from it, and maybe this male would be her first.

Dead Topics