Re: Shackled by smiles so empty

Skoll

POSTED: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:55 am

OOC:

ooc here

[300+]

IC:

It was intoxicating — the reveal. You could be the greatest to ever walk the stage, put on the most memorable performance; but if there was no twist to stupefy the audience, and test the lead role one last time, it would all be for nothing. The rush of what she’d done filled her so wholly for a few moments as she stood there, enamored by the thought that her deceit permeated throughout Skoll. Charlie was convinced that she was indisputably the most significant thing on his mind.

It was in that moment he tried to grab her. The grey-eyed wolf stood as if frozen, not out of fear, but from lack thereof. Her wrist was grabbed tightly with a strong hand, and she simply looked at him with apathy, her body rigid. His grip on her was almost painful, but it did not garner a response from Charlie. Instead, she decided that she would humour this abrupt course of action he’d taken in grabbing her. She would chase the rat through the maze so-to-speak, perhaps to lift the latch and peak at his psychology — to poke and prod at his pathological processes. “So, you have me Skoll, what next? Are you going to kill me? I’m innocent, yes that word we use, that’s what I am.” She kept her gaze on him, her eyes buzzing in their paranormal stillness. “You are brave,” she chuckled out, “brave only gets us so far in a world where emotions ultimately destroy us. You didn’t answer any of my questions Skoll, so please answer this: are you scared, Skoll? When you suddenly reach out and grab a strange woman, do you not fear she won’t draw her knife and put it in your chest?” Her brow raised to show her curiosity on some kind of level, as her voice was now devoid of any fabricated emotions previously exhibited by Riley.
chalk-fonts
Anathema
Tuyul Clepta
Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:20 am

Oops we wrote ourselves into a lil corner -- but if she's got a knife or whatever, feel free to pp her getting a blow in on him and haulin' ass so she can get away. xD

Her body stiffened when his clawed hand engulfed her little wrist, but her eyes remained dead. Wrong -- and while she'd hidden it, Skoll ought to have known. She mocked him for catching her, asking if he would kill her, an "innocent." He snorted in doubt.

Are you scared, Skoll?

He thought for a moment. He knew what he was afraid of -- whom he was afraid for. She was in the woods, or perhaps she'd gone home, padding along on oversized feat and exploring the world with wide, curious green eyes so much like his. Though if she was like him, maybe she was watching them now. He daren't turn his gaze from the devil in his grasp.

I'm afraid you'll hurt my pack, Skoll said. His voice was an odd, soft rumble -- the makings of his crooning drawl, the quiet voice he had used for family. He hoped to draw her wicked, curious mind in with those soft syllables. Nothing else. When I fear that, there's only one thing left for me to do, n'est-ce pas vrai?

He jerked her wrist, hoping to haul her in so he could fasten his teeth in her neck.

I Saw Sinners Making Music and i dreamt of that sound
Cour des Miracles
Seneschal
Raze
Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

OOC:

And that's a wrap. Unless you'd like to post again? I'll archive this puppy once you let me know!

[400+]

IC:

After raising her questions Skoll seemed to take a moment to think. In those bare moments with her wrist still clasped tightly in his grip, she watched his face. In that one remaining eye she imagined memories of voices and faces tearing across his thoughts. She could see a man who knew of fear, who was capable of experiencing it to its fullest. He was not immovable, he was vulnerable, yet what Charlie did not find was fear present in that very moment. Instead she found a brave sort of dedication to what he loved, and what she could not understand, frightened her.

So he saw her as a threat to his family. Charlie was flattered. The golden-furred man jerked her towards him, and as his jaws opened towards her neck, she shot her free arm into his gut. The Leishman fought her way out of his grip and stepped out of his reach. Edwin fluttered away from her shoulder and began zipping away into the woods. Her gray gaze became fixed on Skoll for a moment, her face void of emotion, desolate and black. “I admire you,” she admitted. Then she tilted her head and put a hand to her chin. “Your actions have been noted.” She spotted something at the bottom of her vision, and glanced down to see a singular spotted feather of Edwin’s wafting down to nestle itself in the grass. “Keep it,” she said. With that the maniac shot him a crooked smile that couldn't be genuine, and ran away from the strange man who'd begun to teach her the fundamentals of love and sacrifice. Soon, her black body melted into the trees.

Now, she had a great deal to go over. Skoll’s course of action had been unpredictable. The woman suspected his capacity for love was to blame. Though, Charlie couldn't comprehend how he could ever care for others so much that he would attack any who threatened them. Charlie was confused at the thought of such madness. Thinking was linear, crisp, logical. Love was the opposite, she thought, love was idiotic. She attacked people because she wanted to, she did it for fun. She remembered wanting to feel love in the beginnings of her time with Izual, but now she enjoyed lust. There would always be a replacement for what others think to be the pinnacle of their existence. Love might give some meaning, but Charlie didn't need feelings, she only needed their jumbled, broken replacements so she could feel real enough to carry on.
chalk-fonts
Anathema
Tuyul Clepta
Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

Dead Topics