Re: Only fools and horses

Coaxoch

POSTED: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:22 pm

This is it, our time is now

A smile broke across his face as the velvet muzzle leant into his palm. His eyes lingered on the horse, watching every moment with wide eyes and twitching ears. So far so good. Korosk called softly as he nosed Sebastien’s hair, blowing warm air through his nostrils. He froze instinctively but laughed at the sensation once he realised he wasn’t in danger. At Coaxoch’s suggestion, he raised both arms to stroke the Percheron’s neck, gathering loose hair with each stroke. Noticing the shedding fall to the ground, he turned to the male and said, “So horses moult like us, too.”

Seeing the Ulrichson’s happiness set his tail to wag in response. Coax had that effect on him, and it seemed to be genuine and mutual. As a slave, he would do as he was directed, even if it was something that frightened him. At his brother’s behest, however, dread became joy. There was a note of admiration to Coaxoch’s tone as he spoke of his affection for the animals. Korosk was certainly agreeable enough, but Sebastien was keen to maintain a safe distance from Nightmare.

The fair male questioned him on his horsemanship, and he stared for a heartbeat. Rose quartz gazed from Korosk to Coax as the serf tried to imagine how he would undertake such an action. Sebastien had seen canines climb into a saddle before. Some could leap onto the creature’s back in one smooth motion, whereas others mounted up with caution. The horse’s back seemed very high up indeed from where he was standing. There was nothing for it. He didn’t want to bother the one-armed man when he could attempt it himself.

“S-sure. It’ll be like climbing a tree again, right?” The Serf smiled as he tried to push down his misgivings. One hand held the stirrup nearest to him as the other rested on the saddle’s horn. Sebastien took a few steadying breaths as he stepped up onto a log that had been provided for giving a rider a boost. One, two, three. With a lurch, he scrambled half-way onto Korosk’s back with one foot in the stirrup. His body protested at the unusual position he had twisted himself into, as he quickly adjusted his seat.

Finally upright, the lurcher cringed as he experienced a brief spell of dizziness. He could feel the warmth of Korosk between his thighs, as well as the muscles tensing and stretching. Trembling hands gathered the strips of leather that served as reins, whilst he threaded his other foot through the stirrup. Sebastien studied his position, before turning his eyes on Coax. “Like this?”

I made some assumptions, please let me know if anything needs changing. +400

Art by Despi @SoulsRPG

Sebastien Stone

Art Credit: Jacoby!
Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:31 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love you, but what does it mean
When you say that I have walk on water?

Coaxoch could not help but watch the other, with a smile on his maw as he did so. Both of the creatures that he looked at were so adorable that he couldn't really help but feel the warmth of love in his chest as he looked upon them, and watched their interaction. It went over a lot better than he had ever hoped it would, and he was proud of that. When the boy pulled his hand back with the pitch black fur upon it, he chuckled lightly as the other had spoken of the horses molting as they did. Ah, yes, I think Nephele was brushing them out before we had gotten here. She does take good care of these boys. he spoke as he patted the muscular neck of Nightmare. They are just like us too though, you should see their winter coats, they are really long and fluffy!! he exclaimed to the rust colored male, as his bright blue eyes looked at him with an adoring look in his eyes. He couldn't help himself, for he truly did enjoy being with Sebastien for every second that he spent with him.

Coaxoch did not know how much he truly did love Sebastien, and while he didn't tell the male that he loved him, he was sure that Sebastien knew that there was some deep emotional attachment that Coaxoch had for him. Coax did not know what true love felt like and he didn't want to call something that he wasn't sure that it was or wasn't. He did not want to be like his father, in the sense where he had many things that he "loved" but who knew if it was truth or if it was all just an act to save face. He didn't want to have to lie to Sebastien, or anyone about the truth of how he felt about them.

Coaxoch watched as Sebastien had made his attempt to get up onto the horse's back, and once he got up - with much trouble - Coaxoch giggled lightly before he, too, mounted his horse with a more graceful mount than his partner. Once he was on top of the horse, he sat tall, and then he nudged Nightmare's sides to get him to come closer to Korosk and Sebastien. How's it feel? he asked as he smiled to the boy. To get him to move, you gotta nudge his sides with your heel. But don't do it too hard or he will start running. he warned the boy, to make sure that Korosk did not immediately start up into a gallop because the wrong pressure was applied.

You control the horse with the reigns, pulling left is to go left and pulling right will tell Korosk to move right. he told Sebastien, to give further instruction. When you wanna stop, you pull back on the reigns, but don't do it too hard or he will rear up and try to throw you. he warned too, making sure that Sebastien knew that there was some other dangers that he needed to know about and be conscious of so that he did not get thrown from the saddle. We will just ride around the pen for a bit before we go out into Salsola, if you feel comfortable doing that, Bunbun. he politely spoke to his partner as he nudged for Nightmare to move and the horse started to trot towards where the large running pen was.

Nephele had headed out before them and opened the gate to the large pen so that they may enter it easily. She watched the two and wore a smile on her long face as she watched their interactions. She loved them both as if they were her own sons, and their happiness was of utmost importance to her, so she did all she could to help them.

OOC: Songbird made this amazing art for them ahhhh ✮ 658

Avvie by Jmonster, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Sebastien
ooc stuff here! [+300]

Sebastien whined low in his throat as he surveyed the world from atop Korosk. He cast his gaze onto the floor, skimming the thick pillars of the Percheron’s legs to the earth beneath his hooves. The horse shifted his weight in response to his rider’s movements, which caused the hound to tighten his hold out of instinct. Indebted to the dark beast’s patience with him, the hound beamed as he met his partner’s eyes. He bobbed his head to Nephele as her hard work was praised; they were blessed with a fair master. A freckled hand splayed on the hair of Korosk’s shoulder as he imagined their winter coats growing in. “I’d like to see that Coax.”

Coax’s giggle and fluid climb onto Nightmare’s back caused him to jut out his bottom jaw. He approached the hound with a question and a smile lightening his face. “Strange,” Bastien answered truthfully, as he resisted the urge to fidget. His eyes widened as the Ulrichsson instructed him on controlling his mount, his legs turning to lead. He nodded weakly as the hybrid continued, but the information wasn’t soothing either. The spirited nature of horses was something to be admired, yet he feared their unpredictability equally.

“Thanks for taking the time to teach me.” Bastien smiled despite the churning of his stomach or the doubt clawing at his mind. He held onto the reins and nudged softly at Korosk’s broad sides. “Yeah, that sounds good to me hon. I uh, hope I won’t hold you back.” He let Coax lead the way, returning Nephele’s affectionate air with his own lolling tongue.

Korosk circled the pen at a steady pace while the hound adjusted to his movements. Bastien felt ungainly atop his steed; it was akin to the sensation of being tipsy. Each dip and elevation had his insides performing somersaults until he adjusted his body to move with the horse. It was an alien experience at first, trying to match his own motions to the animal beneath him. Korosk snorted as he eased into the exercise - the male canted his head to speak. "How am I doing?"

template by Andi, Image by @DarkWorkX
Last edited by Sebastien Stone on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:44 am

Don't get me wrong, I love you, but what does it mean
When you say that I have walk on water?

We will see it soon, my love. he told his partner, not knowing exactly why he had called the man "my love", but he did not bother to correct himself either, and in all reality, he was saying how he felt, even if he didn't really notice or realize that he had said the words. He continued on riding his horse around and pulled a bit ahead of Sebastien as they rounded the pen a few more times.As Coaxoch had explained the things that he did, the male seemed to freeze up a little bit and he smiled back reassuringly at Sebastien. I'll be right here if something happens, Sebastien, it's okay. he told his partner as he looked at him with innocence and reassurance in his bright eyes that were much like the very days in which they rode.

The autumn flower that bloomed so suddenly had mentioned that he hoped that he did not hold them back, and Coaxoch giggled softly. The male also thanked Coaxoch for taking time to teach him and Coaxoch waved his hand in dismissal. If we ever hope to get you out of the Serf rank, we need to start building you up. The crown needs to see your worth, and I will be damned if you do not earn your place here. I have faith that teaching you what I know will help the crown with it's decision to finally make you one of us. the male spoke to his partner with ease, letting him know that he sorta did have an ulterior motive for teaching Sebastien these things, but it was more so for their own good rather than anything else.

The two made a few rounds around the pen and Coaxoch smiled as Sebastien seemed to slowly get adjusted to being on top of a horse. It was cute, his cluelessness, and Coaxoch still could not fathom why he had not learned how to ride a horse before, even though the boy lived on a goat farm. He wondered if the old sea-captain had been wary of horses, and if that was the reason that he had not bought one for the farm, for having a horse might have helped them more so than not. Coaxoch did not question this much, not to the boy at least, and instead he gladly taught his partner. You are doing great! Would you be comfortable enough to go outside a pen? We can wander the territory, if you'd like. I've devoted today to spending time with you, so let's do what you want! he told his partner with a beaming grin on his face as he looked over at his Autumn Flower.

OOC: Songbird made this amazing art for them ahhhh ✮ 458

Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:12 am

Sebastien
<3 [+300]

My love. Pale eyes met Coaxoch’s slowly, before trailing downward. My love; Sebastien tasted the word on his tongue and felt a stirring in his chest as it echoed throughout his mind. Uttered without a smirk or a burst of laughter. As though it was a perfectly normal thing to say. And why shouldn’t it be? Bastien was always affectionate with those he liked and trusted, and didn’t he call Coax pet names after all? “Wh-what do you mean by that?” His voice was soft and uncertain as he questioned the other, his ears moving upward. The Warden’s promise had moisture welling at the corners of his eyes. “Y-yeah, thanks.” He quickly scrubbed them with the back of his hand as he nodded firmly.

Coaxoch circled with Nightmare ahead of the hound, with Korosk’s feet quickly filling in the prints left behind. Ground-up earth hit Sebastien’s nose now that he wasn’t so fixated on staying in the saddle. He looked upward and finally noticed the clean sky stretching above them. He fought to keep his emotions in check as the Warden explained how he was going to help him become a true Salsolan. One of them. “One of you,” Sebastien repeated the words aloud with a look of puzzlement upon his features. “Not as a… Serf then?” Freedom had been held above his head, as a treat was awarded to a child for good behaviour. Independence felt like being abandoned to the world and its evils. How would he manage?

Everything will be fine; the male reminded himself. My brother is here and he won’t let me fall. I can trust him. Sebastien’s ears dipped regardless as his stomach tightened - a sensation not born from his inexperience as a rider. Coaxoch smiled, a pretty sight the Serf thought, and praised his efforts. It was almost enough to drive away the darkness. Yet fear paced and clawed at the walls of the bubble Sebastien shielded himself with. He knew he wasn’t safe from it, despite the safety Coax offered or the beauty of his surroundings. Fear was a sharp-edged knife that would sink into his sides and keep going. As she had.

“Outside? I…” Sebastien’s throat narrowed so that he was left with shaking his head vigorously. Korosk’s ears flicked back and forth with interest as he listened to his rider’s body language. Something had spooked the canine, but he could not detect a threat. The horse expelled air from his widened nostrils and made a small sound of concern as he froze in place.

Bastien shivered and tensed as he felt the horse’s muscles stiffen beneath him. He panted, trying to cool the heat that overflowed his body. “I c-can’t… I can’t go out there!”

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 pm

OOC - bleepbloop WC: 554

I know you'll stay by my side

Wh-what do you mean by that?

The question was so soft that he almost didn't catch it, and when he heard the words come from his partner's maw, his large ears flicked toward the soft Autumn Flower and he cocked his head. He didn't completely understand what Sebastien was asking, and he didn't really connect the dots, at all. His blonde brows knitted as he looked at his partner. "I don't understand what you are asking, Bun." he spoke easily, completely oblivious at what he had called him prior to "Bun". The notion was put past him as they rode around the pen a few more times, and Coaxoch had turned away from the other for a few moments when he had talked to the other about becoming one of 'them'. He missed Sebastien's puzzled look, but his large ears did catch the questioning in his tone as he asked if he would not be a serf anymore. Coaxoch nodded his head vigorously at this.

"You will never be a Serf ever again, not if I have anything to say about it, Bun. I promise you this." he promised again to the male, knowing in confidence that he would fight tooth and nail to protect Sebastien and his eventual rise in rank, once he finally had been relieved of his Serfdom. He looked to Sebastien again and nodded his head once more. "Never again, Sebastien." he reassured the male, knowing that he would do anything for Sebastien, and if he didn't have Sebastien around that he might have been a lost cause. He thought of all the times that Sebastien helped him, through the tough times of raising the two children without their mother around, and how it might have been infinitely harder if he did not have such a loyal and intelligent companion to help him with doing so.

He had turned away again as he rode ahead slightly, and when Sebastien had tensed up, exclaiming how he couldn't go "out there", and Korosk nickered out towards himself and Nightmare, Coaxoch had turned sharply around and directed Nightmare to come up to Korosk's left side so that he could put his hand out to Sebastien. Coaxoch grabbed at Sebastien's hand and looked him in the eyes when the other had finally looked at him. "Sebby, you are okay, I promise! We don't have to do anything you don't want to do!" he looked the other in the eyes, and smiled brightly. "We don't have to go out there. We can stay right in here, and ride around the pen. I don't mind, truly." he told the other, reassuring him. While Coaxoch did not understand why Sebastien had been anxious to go outside of the pen, or Outside of Salsola, he had never truly questioned Sebastien's avoidance of leaving the packlands, because he never realized that there was a true aversion to it, rather than it being for convenience for him to stay home and "watch the kids".

"Maybe we can do a few more days of just riding around the pen, until you are comfortable." he spoke then, still looking his partner in the face and hoping that he could agree to at least ride in the pen with him a few more times.

Together we'll face what lives on in the night

Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 am

Sebastien
<3 [+300]

A flicker of confusion crossed the blond’s face. Coax’s tone was breezy in response to Sebastien’s question - perhaps he was just copying the dog’s mannerisms. Coax’s didn’t seem to catch on to his friend's misgivings at rising through the ranks either. How could he? Salsola had always sounded like a sanctuary brimming with opportunities to the Serf’s ears. Although the thistles and thorns had become home, he wondered if his poor reputation would sully not only his name but loved ones by association.

The Ulrichson was firm in his declaration. Sebastien wanted to surrender to the idea that his brother would make everything ok, but he knew it wasn’t as simple as wishing things into being. “Never again,” the dog rumbled and flashed a smile at the other male. Together they could overcome whatever life threw in their way. They would need to confront a more pressing concern sooner or later; Sebastien stood frozen in place staring off into the distance. Pale eyes dilated with fear raked his surroundings, ears twitching as he listened for threats.

The male flinched at Coaxoch’s touch on his hand. With reluctance, Sebastien tore his gaze from the overgrown trail and fixed on his friend. The whites of his eyes were visible, bringing their unusual paleness forth. The hound focused on the sensation of his hand in the other’s grip - something tangible in the gathering panic. Focusing on the hybrid’s words, he bobbed his head and licked his muzzle. Coax spoke comfortingly, yet the Serf could not help feeling guilty for succumbing to his fears. Wordlessly he squeezed Korosk’s sides and let him follow behind Nightmare. At least the horses could benefit from the exercise.

A heartbeat passed, as Coax suggested they carry on training in the pen. “I…” Sebastien’s dry voice trailed off as he tried to shift the lump in his throat. “I’m sorry. I d-don’t want to… keep h-holding you back."

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:34 pm

OOC - This will be the last post in the thread, and I will go ahead and throw up another one for us <3 WC: 416

Your heart is starting to slow,

The fear that radiated off of Sebastien was undeniable, and even Coaxoch's touch had been only a little bit calming to the other male. Coaxoch's smile faded lightly into a frown as he looked at Sebastien. He had avoided talking about going outside of Salsola with Sebastien, not because he didn't want the other to accompany him when he did go out, but because he didn't realize that it meant so much to him to go outside of the packlands. In this moment, he really thought about the last time he had seen Sebastien leave, and truth was, he didn't know if Sebastien had ever left Salsola territory after he had been enslaved. Strange as it was, Coaxoch wondered if what had happened to him had made the male adverse to going out, and with the reaction that Sebastien had given him now, he could tell that it probably had more than enough to do with Sebastien not leaving Salsola.

Coaxoch felt terrible, he felt his heart ache as he looked at the stress that had built up on Sebastien's face, and how the fear just came from every pore like sweat. He had been quick to suggest that they stay in the pen, because Coaxoch did not want to stress Sebastien out so much. Coaxoch had let the horses walk along the inside of the pen, all while making sure to keep an eye on his companion. Sebastien could benefit from keeping his mind busy with such things as riding and learning new things, and raising their children was a good distraction, but he knew that with the upcoming Cueponis for his children, he would have less to care for when the children had become independent of them.

When the male had admitted to not wanting to hold Coaxoch back, Coax looked at Sebastien with a sympathetic gaze. "You aren't holding me back, Bun. We are both right where we are supposed to be, for now." he told the Autumn Flower, whom still had not bloomed in the heat of Spring. That was okay, though, Coaxoch could wait until the Autumn had come. For this was when the Flower would bloom, and he would be a true part of the Family. Coaxoch was sure of it.

For the duration of their ride, Coaxoch and Sebastien had continued around the pen, where they talked in depth about their plans to improve themselves, and to improve their house, and gardens.

May the water be safer, As I dive in

Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

Dead Topics