Re: Do you ever see what I'm talking about?

For Grievous

POSTED: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Word Count → +300 :: OOC Here

Eden hadn't even realized what he had said until it was pointed out to him. Not only was weakness honed in on around Salsola, but ones choice of words played a very big role in everything too. One slip up against the wrong person would prove to backfire in the long run. Perhaps he should count himself lucky that his teacher was not one of these members. Giving a shake of his head, the apprentice corrected himself, "Yes, sorry. When the prisoners were brought back. Just... seeing everyone wounded."

It wasn't that everyone was wounded that messed with him, at least not entirely. He knew this was what he would be getting into with this line of work, and had accepted it when he asked the pale man to become his teacher. He just wished the nightmares didn't come with it.

Was this going to happen every single time he got into a situation like this? Something like that would drive anyone insane.

Eventually, Grievous spoke up again, turning their attention away from Eden's mistake and rather on what he might be able to do to fix whatever was causing these. His first suggestion was talking to a member of the coven. He agreed that something supernatural couldn't be ruled out as a cause, but he wasn't sure if there was anyone that worked well with dreams to be able to understand the root of the problem.

It still probably wouldn't hurt to ask around. He gave a nod to this.

Moving on to something more practical, his teacher asked him if he had taken anything to lesson the dreams, but that was only met with a shake of his head, "I wasn't sure if there was anything I could take for such a thing." His head was brought back up as Grievous went on. It caused the young male to turn his head slightly. It seemed his teacher was, in a way, going against his better judgement to offer something that would help keep him awake, or at least stimulated enough that he wouldn't be so sloppy in his work.

It too, was worth a shot, "I'm willing to try anything. Do you have something like that?"

Eden de le Ulrich

Salsola
Sanctus Apprentice
Salena
Luperci Witch
I'm in your dreams now

POSTED: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:28 pm

356 words

You shouldn't take this unless you must, Grievous advised his younger student. Caution around medicine was important, especially when it was something which was more dangerous than it seemed. There isn't much of it, and I haven't found it again. The way to prepare it is to make a tea. You start with a little and see how you feel. It makes your heart race, sometimes. When it wears off, you'll be even more tired than you were before.

He had tried it once, when he was younger. When he had finally slept, it had been miserable and fitful. Grievous had not liked the sensation and had no desire to seek it again – he did not suffer from dreams as Eden did, however.

It may make you sick. If you eat too much, you won't be able to keep it inside you, even if it reaches your stomach, he warned. This is like poison, Eden. A little will make you sick, and too much will kill you. You must understand the risks.

Trusting his student, and trusting that Eden would not continue a process if he felt something was going wrong with his body, Grievous rose and made another trip to the supply closet within the cabin. After a few moments spent shuffling around carefully hidden containers, Grievous emerged with a small, handsomely carved wooden box.

I got this from a man who called it black drink. When he told me about it, I didn't believe him at first, but I tried it – that was foolish of me, he admonished himself, but quickly went on. Those people in the south were insistent, you understand. Not our south, but proper south. Morgana called it that, anyway. Clearing his throat to cut off his own ramblings, the wolf opened the lid of the little box to show Eden the innermost contents. The dried plants and little berries looked innocuous enough. You must boil the water to make it. Anything cooler and it will not work as well. Seep it until the water is dark. If I were you, I would sweeten it – it tastes vile.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci Mate to Idrieus
supernova
the fire rises

POSTED: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:07 pm

Word Count → +300 :: We can probably wrap this up if you want.

Eden could feel that lack of sleep attacking his focus, but he strained the feeling, enough to make sure he was paying attention to what Grievous was telling him. Any lesson that came with healing, especially when it came to herbs was important. Like with anything, there were risks to certain things, and this was no exception to that rule. If he was serious about using such a thing on his own body, he needed to know everything about it.

Especially at the mention that this plant was better seen as a poison rather than an herb.

The young male kept his eyes on his teacher, making mental notes to be sure to write down later when he was back at home. His eyes followed the pale man when he got up, making his way to the cabinets. He wasn't aware there were some more concealed compartments, but it made sense. The Clinic was a place where those in Salsola could come and go freely. Some of the more sensitive plants would need to be stashed away where not just anyone could come to take them.

Eden's tired gaze followed him as he came back with a wooden box, slowly opening it for his student. The plants didn't look like any of the others they had gone over, these called 'Black Drink.' He gave a nod now that the whole explanation was out of the way. He was going to be sick, but he was already making himself kind of sick by not sleeping, what was a small amount more going to do?

He rubbed his eyes gently, "I understand Grievous. I'll be very careful with it. I just hope this feeling passes soon so I don't have to resort to something like this." He probably shouldn't have to at this point either, but he couldn't think of any other solutions, at least not before seeing the other witches. He lowered his head to his teacher, "Thank you for helping me, even if it isn't the best choice on my part."

Eden de le Ulrich

Salsola
Sanctus Apprentice
Salena
Luperci Witch
I'm in your dreams now

POSTED: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:26 am

162 words

Eden did look exhausted, Grievous thought. For dreams to disturb a man so much was troubling.

He himself had not had a poor night's sleep in many seasons. With Idrieus at his side, there was a new certainty and comfort in his life. Grievous knew better than to suggest that Eden find someone to keep his bed warm at night, but the thought crossed his mind. The young healer was coming of an age where things like betrothal were not unheard of, but thus far Eden had not been in their witch-Queen's sights.

For the first time in a long time, Grievous thought about his brothers, and missed them.

Just be safe, Eden, the older wolf advised.

He could not stop anyone from making choices that would hurt them or others. All he could do was wait and react.

This wasn't irresponsible, Grievous convinced himself. Eden was an adult, and a healer, and deserved to know the limits of his own person.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci Mate to Idrieus
supernova
the fire rises

Dead Topics