Switch to full style
Topic locked

Sneaking out and looking for a taste of real life

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:01 pm

• Word Count: [275]
  • Date: 19th March, 1PM
  • Form: Optime
For Gen-Smoo

Throbs of pain were a constant reminder of what happened when anger over took her rational thought. Years it had been since she'd allowed herself to fall so deeply into blind, irrational emotion that even now, after days had passed, she was still off balance and on edge, the small throbs and itching of her scrapes were a reasonable reminder of a moments rash stupidity. Not that she still didn't feel that burning need to vent her anger, she had just learned to store it away with the rest of her emotions; to depend upon the hard facts and detached calculations.

What she had learned from that encounter also was that, whilst she never would of initially thought so, perhaps New Dawn would be an option for her. It was close to where her family was and their alpha has proven himself as somewhat competent, to which she was grudgingly forced to admit to herself, but never out loud. Reviewing her knowledge of the lands and the packs present, there was another that she thought might be an option to settle down in; she needed somewhere to lay her roots, to have a stable life and be a constant figure for her to children, to be able to prove she wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

So, she was now down south at foreign borders, debating the wisdom in what she was about to do. But, she had question and was curious, this was something she needed and as such, the D'Angelo would have to speak with someone within the pack to get her answers. Lifting her head, she called for leadership and then waited.

Template by Aso, image by dawnthieves.de/

Re: Sneaking out and looking for a taste of real life

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 pm

look I'm using your table[286]

The call startled him out of absolutely nothing, so the King was able to start heading directly to the source of the sound. He had been merely looking through some of his books, skimming for valuable information that his son could use to sort the rest of their books. His time may have been limited but he gave what he had for the family he had left. He had put down the book rather reluctantly, but knew that he had to answer the call. Charlotte was not nearby and he had no idea where she was indeed.

Silvano went in the direction of the sound, rather calm today for whatever reason. It was unknown to him, but he was in a good mood despite everything. With his daughter appearing at the borders and asking to join, he found that he was a little happier because of it. It just showed him that he had not ruined everything entirely and his daughter was very willing to come live with him. It did worry him that Shiloh might not see it that way, but she was hopefully understanding of the situation.

He came upon the stranger and saw it was female. He eyed her for a moment before putting on his normal greeting face; a rather bland expression that disguised his thoughts - most times - and a carefully straightened back. "I am Silvano, Kind of Cour des Miracles," he announced as per usual. "Is there something I can help you with?" The Sadira male let his emerald gaze settle on her as he waited for his response. The woman seemed a little beat up and that gave the man some sympathy for her, but also a flicker of caution.

Images courtesy of imarcc, Template by Aso

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:53 pm

• Word Count: [264]
For Gen-Smoo

Rounded ears flicked forward, a hand reaching up to push some of the tangled curls away from her face as she listened to his greeting; he was a strange looking one, this king. His colouration unusual, leaving her rather undecided if it was attractive or not. It was at least interesting, which was better than what she thought of most creatures these days. “I'm Grace D'Angelo” the hand that pushed her hair away dropped to her neck, lightly rubbing against the smooth wooden surface of her Frithr necklace. There was no rank or pack to accompany her name, her scent was indication enough of her loner status.

“I've recently returned to these parts” she continued, picking her words carefully, not wanting to give the other reason to pry too deeply into her reasons or personal life, as so many excessively curious canines did. “And i've been considering where best to call home, which has lead me here” arms lifted and folded across her stomach, shoulders dipping as she slumped a little to stand more comfortably. “I was just wondering if you could tell me more about you pack, if that would be okay?” a simple enough request as far as she was concerned, her face dropping into a neutral manner. Part of her wanted to openly she disinterest, her favourite mask to show the world; but it wasn't really appropriate when she was the one asking the questions and seeking information on a pack she was considering to join.

Disinterest would come later, if he decided to pry in her business too much.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:16 pm

look I'm using your table[244]

The name was not familiar to him, but he was sure that he had heard it sometime before. Maybe Shiloh had mentioned it? There were D'Angelo's in her pack, he thought, so perhaps that was why the name was probably somewhere deep in his unused memory. The King bobbed his head at her in recognition of the introduction but said little else. He had said his bit and had only to hear her explanation.

His brows rose at the mention that she was fresh returned to the lands. His emerald eyes shot down to the necklace just above her breasts as the woman's fingers played with it. Those eyes widened at the sight of the wooden Frithr necklace, which made him wonder why the woman was here of all places. "You are from Vinatta," he said without much question. There was no reason for her to return here, as she was clearly not from here in the first place. Did she know to seek him here because of Shiloh?

Silvano felt a bubble of discomfort. Was she unwelcome in her home, he wondered. But he could not question it. If it came down to her being a criminal in Vinatta, he would turn her over to their authority. "I can answer your questions if you have them," he admitted without much hesitation, but he worried regardless. He would let her tell him if she had an issue with her old home.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:31 pm

• Word Count: [287]
For Gen-Smoo

Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she exhaled slightly heavier than normal, reigning in her initial desired responses until a more polite once graced her lips, “I was once from Vinatta. Anathema and Pheonix Valley were also my homes, all a long time ago now. I have been travelling for a little over a year now” she explained reluctantly, annoyed that her scent wasn't enough to explain that she was a loner; evidently anyone who saw her necklace just assumed she was from Vinatta, regardless. With that said, she took a moment to sort through her mind to pinpoint what exactly it was that she wanted to know from this King that she had summoned.

“Thank you” she responded to acknowledge his words, buying herself another few seconds to organise her thoughts, “Really, my main concerns are with ranks and if any would suit my skills, along with accommodation and if my children would be free to come and visit me often” that was all she cared for at the end of the day; that she could use her skills, have somewhere respectable to live and be able to allow her children to visit whenever.“I am knowledgeable about many things and prefer to collect, write and preserve books. I can make dyes, inks and basic trading goods from that which grows in these parts naturally, as well as an adapt hunter and I can hold my own in a fight. I also have experience with a range of animals and low speech” listing off her skills she didn't bother to go into detail, for she wasn't really joining, just giving him enough information to see if she would be able to fit in here.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:08 pm

- [357]

Over a year gone from Vinatta? No wonder the King did not recognize her or know her name. She must not have been on the tip of anyone's tongue over there enough for him to ever hear her name. "I remember Phoenix Valley, only that they were once where Casa is, I think." There was little he knew about that pack, just as he knew little about the others at the time like Dahlia de Mai.

The woman mentioned children, so of course the King allowed another nod. But he let her continue, thinking there were more questions. It was not really a list of questions, but more a list of skills that the woman probably expected him to bend into his pack's need. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for her, a lot of those skills were not very common and very much useful to him. He tried to look neutral, but he was definitely pleased by that skill set.

"We are always in need of people who are good in language. I think between us all, only my son and I are really interested in books and writing. He is likely to become our librarian but we could always use a person with writing skills." He needed someone to help with records and information. They were definitely short on that, that was for sure.

"As for animals, we have many horses and some livestock. I'm not sure if our stable head is capable of low speech with the horses." His admission came with a shrug; Alder was still very capable if he lacked that skill. Still, the King shot a critical gaze at her. He wondered why she wanted the freedom for her children to visit. Did Anathema not allow it? Vinatta would, that was for sure.

"And we allow children to come and go, as needed. But any mischief they cause tends to be on the head of the parents." However, the King let a smile slip onto his lips, knowing that the woman had not really done what she said she was here for. "These are not really questions, you know."

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:23 pm

• Word Count: [328]
For Gen-Smoo

Nodding her head at the mention of the pack she had lived in as a pup, she did not comment on that piece of trivial. Rather, she focused on what he said in elaboration to the list of skills she had given, pleased to know that her skill set would be of use and welcome within this pack; different packs had different members and she didn't like competition or being one of many, that much was certain. Whilst they already had a librarian in place, it wasn't ruled out that there could be two and failing that, she was more than content to trade for books and write her own findings. At least, it was something to consider.

In the field of animals, their focus seemed more on horses whilst her main area was birds, so that would be a less likely option for her to pursue. But most importantly, her children would be free to come and go, “Lochlan and Teagan aren't really the mischief type” a wide, proud smile spread across her maw at the mention of two of her three children; Niernan had brought them up well, although they were a little on the serious side she had noted. “And perhaps to you they aren't questions. However, now i know I would be of use her, able to do what interests me and my children would be welcome, which are my main points of interest.” shrugging her shoulders at that, her tail swayed with humour behind her in an animated fashion for a second, “Although, some more direct questions would be about your packs culture; what is life like here, the lands, the people? How would one work their way up? What are your rules to which a member would have to abide?” lips twitched in mild humour as she fired of some quick, more clear questions to him. Heavens forbid if she disappointed a king by not doing as she said she was here to do.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:50 pm

- [367]

Lochlan and Teagan? Silvano knew the names and knew that the two were older than his second litter, but the names were familiar enough. He knew nothing of the two, only that they were Niernan's children. Shiloh had said words about their mother but the King had not remembered. Was she the mother whose name Shiloh had dismissed once? He wondered. There was something else he could not recall but he was hard of memory, sometimes. These things had seemed trivial before so it had not retained in his memory for later.

The King smiled again, more broadly. Children were her focus? His were his own, as well. "I understand that feeling," he added simply, thinking of all four of his children. He wondered if her two knew she was here. Only one of his was not here anymore, but that seemed more that his youngest child had not wanted to abandon his mother. Alessan would visit, he knew, one day. Soon, hopefully, now that Abigail was here.

"Ah, questions, questions," muttered the male jovially, giving a slight laugh at the torrent of them that came his way. He had expected them but perhaps she was saying all at once to spite him. "We are a rather relaxed lot, I think. Though we have some rather different things. Rank is important in public. Respect for the ranks above you is important. It hasn't happened, but disrespect is punishable." He did not say that it would be simple punishments at first, only to expand later with subsequent violations. Nor did he mention that it was pretty fluid, depending on who one was dealing with.

"Ranks are earned with work and effort. No effort, no rank, no prestige. Simple as that." It was true. Actions determined worth and it had worked so far. Longevity was important, and loyalty, but without works, one was not useful. "As for rules.. well, simple. Do as you would have others do. Murder and rape are treated harshly but we have not had issues with that either." Silvano's voice got hard, remembering the male that almost killed his son at the borders. "I'm sure it's all very common sense."

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:35 am

• Word Count: [305]
Finish on your post smoo?

Raising an eyebrow, she listened to his responses with a small, satisfied question upon her maw, feeling only a little childish that she had bombarded him with questions when he had accused her of not asking any. Admittedly she hadn't asked him blunt, clear questions but then, how did one question when they weren't sure what they were looking for, other than a place to settle down and call home.

Nothing he said particularly repulsed her, yet nothing drew her in like she had hoped. It was hard, trying to find the place that had whatever this mysterious thing she was looking for. From his description alone, she could easily see herself fitting into the pack, what with it's supposed relaxed nature. Oh, it would suck to be at the bottom again, having to work her way up so she didn't have to listen and respect lesser fools, but she would do it, would establish herself and prove herself to be there to stay for good to her children.

Imagining it however wasn't enough without that extra something she felt there was lacking; but was she really okay to be so picky? The fact she was already considering rejecting the prospect of joining Cour des Miracles for no logical reason reflected poorly on her desire to prove herself reliable to her children. Nodding her head at the mentioned of common sense, she allowed herself a moment to compose her thoughts better.

“Thanks for answering. I'll be honest, I have no idea what i'm looking for and I don't know if i'll find it here, although I really do appreciate you giving your time to talk to me anyway” smiling more widely, her tail swayed behind her contently, “I've got a few other things to check out and consider, so I guess I may be back?”

Topic locked