Losing my mind

POSTED: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Kentaro Lykoi
Come on baby...don't fear the REAPER

Kentaro held tight the reigns of his midnight steed. The journey hadn't been as bad as he thought it would be and once he was done here, he would go to old Anathema and have one last look around. He was hoping to find any extra weapons that might have been missed. Though he was here at Aniwaya to see Amorettes family. With his mother gone and no real family for him to talk to he needed to talk to someone. Though he was hoping to avoid her father with all his might as the male seemed not to like him very much. Though in the end he didn't blame them at all he did sorta steal their daughter.

He slid off Elzar and stood there for a moment as he thought over what he was going to say. It was a little odd for him to be going to another pack, and to see his mates mother. Pale eyes looked out to Aniwaya he took a breath and sent out a call for Oce. He hoped that he wasn't bothering her but he wasn't sure where else to go to be truthful. He tapped his foot not from waiting but from nerves he found himself struggling to stand still or be calm.

Kentaro could tell he was being ridiculous. It wasn't seeing anyone here his mind was on home. Amorette and Isolde were both due almost any day now. He could tell by the way they paced and the way they acted. Though he did his best to not allow them time alone together. He feared that they may try to kill one another. The dark king grumbled as he looked at the steed and patted him. I need a good stiff drink He joked as he thought about Amorette and Isolde back home. He hoped that Kohaku was surviving poor guy. Maybe he should have offered to bring him, though then who would watch those two?

((ooc 328))
Kentaro Lykoi
They say I’m a criminal cause I walk in a different way

POSTED: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:18 am

ooc stuff ((400))

The borders seemed to simply sing to her. Often, they called for her to cross and partake in adventure, but recently, she was receiving many who requested her attention. Though, since she rarely had anyone ask to see her in particular, her definition of ‘many’ was, quite precisely, two.

The first had been none other than her daughter, a little over two weeks ago. That call she had been able to recognize immediately. This particular howl, though, was one she did not immediately understand. Ocèane rose her head from where she had been gently brushing her mare, ears twitching with the short call. The voice was undoubtedly masculine, and it rang a bell in her mind, but she couldn’t place it exactly right. Curious, the Hineyu returned the brush to the stable wall, murmured a goodbye to Evadne, and exited the stall, immediately heading towards the source of the call.

She didn’t quickly bound in excitement as she did when she’d heard Amorette’s call. Rather, she took her time, trying to imagine who could want to see her, but pulling up short. Luckily, she didn’t have to wonder for long.

Once the man on horseback came into sight, Ocèane paused, taking a second, harder look to confirm it was who she thought it was. None other than Kentaro, leader of Anathema, but most importantly, the one Amorette had left AniWaya for. Now, the Aston proceeded with caution, unable to fathom why the Angelo would want to speak to her. He had at least been kind enough to invite AniWaya to his mateship ceremony with Amorette, and from what the Fire Maker could see, he was not outlandishly violent or rude. He did emanate a faint aura of darkness, though, which set her on edge. “Kentaro,” She said, not kindly, but not bluntly, either. “What brings you here?” Almost without meaning to, Ocèane glanced around and scented the air for any trace of Domovoi. She had scarcely set eyes on the man since… well, he had always been rather scarce to her, hadn’t he? But she was certain that if Dom and Kentaro got near each other again, it wouldn’t be a pleasant exchange. And while Ocèane did not approve of the Ayastigi’s outright defiance to the Angelo, she did not reprimand him for it, either. She was still unsure of her feelings or acceptance of the golden-eyed Lykoi.

Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:51 am

Kentaro Lykoi

Kentaro had come here with hopes of talking with Oce and trying to continue good relations with Aniwaya even though the pack just moved location. He waited though wondering what would take her so long but then again she had no obligation to speak with him. He waited though as he released the reigns to his steed giving him a pat as he. allowed the stallion to meander off into the neutral lands to do something on his own. He looked to the borders as he watched as Oceane appeared. He tried to give her a nice greeting and he smiled.

He gave a nod as he looked at her. I came to see how grandma was doing." he commented as he looked about. Besides I'm not all that bad. He commented as he thought about her daughter hell he'd never set anyone on fire like she did. He shifted his weight a bit and then looked back to her. To tell you the truth I came to ask advice he stated as he almost whispered it. He didn't have good family bonds he was sort of jealous of Amorette for having a bond with her mother like this. Though he was doomed from the start for being a boy.

The dark male smiled though glad that at least she didn't chase him from the borders right way. He had also brought things for Aniwaya with him.

((ooc 237))
Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:29 pm

the queen of judging ((511))

As it stood, Ocèane was in the dark, clutching at straws. All of the information she had gathered on Kentaro was by word of mouth- which was a rather unreliable system- or by their own, brief encounters. She was already bound to be wary of him, as any protective mother should be. The fact that he had simply stolen Amorette’s heart and taken her with him did not sit easily with Oce, and that paired with the fact he was the leader of the rather dark pack Anathema set the Angelo up with a less-than-pleasing initial image. Kentaro, on the other hand, had the best source of information, besides maybe Claudius or Attila. Amorette, while their time together had been brief, had been close to Ocèane, and was one of the few the woman allowed herself to love freely. Her daughter could have (and most likely had) revealed her entire history to the dark man, which was laced with the Aston’s regrettable choice to leave her daughters in Lac Sakami with nothing more than a name of their true mother. Kentaro probably knew the Hineyu better than she knew him, so she would have to play the conversation safe, and try to build a realistic picture of the Lykoi, rather than the synthetic one she had imagined.

Grandmother. Amorette’s last encounter came rushing back to her mind, and Ocèane couldn’t help but smile faintly back. But her words, while joking, held a note of seriousness. “Don’t call me that. Makes me feel old.” She was, in fact, not as old as grandchildren would make her seem- her daughter was having puppies very young. Yet, it did not change the fact she was looking forward to the new life. Perhaps it would inject some happiness into her rather beaten and battered heart. Once again, she wondered if Dom knew, or if she would have to be the source of information. It had been two weeks since Amorette had come to reveal the truth, and Ocèane had not seen her daughter’s father since. A slight pebble of worry settled in her stomach, which she tried to ignore as Kentaro continued speaking.

“I’ll be the judge of that,” She deadpanned, eyes sharp and careful as she gauged his reaction. Every movement was being cataloged as she judged his character, and maybe pushing his buttons as such was unkind, but it was necessary to her. The fact that he was a leader was lost on her; instead, she only thought about how he held something very near and dear to her.

His next words brought a raise of her brow, for they were unexpected. At least he’s not too proud to accept help. She noted, before nodding her muzzle behind her, bluejay feathers rustling in her hair. “Let’s walk towards the Great Fire as we talk.” She offered, knowing anybody would rather be standing near warmth than in the cold. And it was only polite to invite the Angelo into AniWaya, since he had done the same so many moons ago.

Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Kentaro Lykoi

Pride was something the man was full of and it was a pain to come down on his hands and knees and ask for aid. He kept this well within his head though as he stood at Aniwaya. He wasn't sure how well the woman before him would be able to aid him. He wanted to try though he wanted to know he tried to act pleasant in front of her though trying to hide the annoyance. He was not just some common thug that went around killing he at least was smart enough to do it right.

He moved to follow behind her as he fell silent. Fire? There were so many weird customs and things here though what would they think if they saw the witches working?He cracked a smile at the thought as he glanced over at the brown woman. Would you like to come to Anathema? Amorette is going to be birthing soon I bet she'd love to have you at her side. He stated. Maybe his children would have a normal life one that would be filled with love and devotion. Though to be truthful that was his problem his father had tried to be there but sometime during his youth he vanished. He was left wondering did he work with teaching the pups or should he avoid contact with them. The thought of it all scared him.

He wasn't against any gender like his mother had been but would he fall on her methods and favor one over the other. With both Amorette and having pups any day now I find myself on edge. I didn't have the greatest parents to learn from. He spoke glancing over at her as he sighed. Pale eyes focused on the path ahead of them. I'm starting to think I should not be around them

((ooc 307))
Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:27 pm

((425))

Ocèane’s many months in solitude as she satisfied her wanderlust left her social skills rusty, but she was still sharp enough to know Kentaro was trying to hide his slight annoyance. She had to hold back a rather out-of-place snicker as he kept his poker face clear of any condescending emotions. She could at least have a little fun pushing his buttons, right?

The Aston was only vaguely surprised that he did not have much of a reaction or a question concerning the Great Fire. Most outsiders thought AniWaya’s customs strange- an entire rank path dedicated to fire tending?- but the Hineyu was well aware Anathema had many strange customs of its own. She automatically stereotyped the pack as full of misfits, thugs, and all-around dangerous canines, but since Amorette had left to live in such a place, she was trying to look at it in a different light. From her brief visit to Anathema she knew that they did have order and some customs of their own, so she could at least label them as civilized. But anything past that, she was at a loss. The entire pack lands had given her a creepy vibe.

“I would like that. I would not want to arrive too early or too late, though- what time is Amorette expecting? I could arrive a few days before then, perhaps.” Ocèane was, in truth, grateful for the offer, but mention that the lady Isolde was expecting puppies as well put a sour taste in her mouth. She could only hope that Amorette’s children would not be overshadowed by Isolde’s. The polygamous relationship made her uncomfortable, and she just couldn’t find a way to understand it, or how her daughter could consent to such a thing.

After Kentaro had finished his initial concerns, Ocèane was silent. They walked for a bit longer before she ran her claws through her dark hair and released a light sigh, a sign that she was thinking of how to respond. Of course, she would prefer if the pups and Amorette were relocated to AniWaya and stayed here indefinitely, but she knew such was not an option. Instead, she attempted to use her wisdom and share some of it with Kentaro. If he took her advice, her opinion of him may improve. “And you think you shouldn’t be around them because you will act like your parents?” She questioned, but didn’t really wait for a reply. “You don’t have to raise them like your parents raised you- it’s a fresh start.”

Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Kentaro tried not to think to much on the subject as they walked though talking about it worsened his mind. He felt himself almost flinch at the thought of what could become of his children. He worried that those growing live would soon be against him. He could be a terrible father when it came down to it he was rather self centered. He worried for their safety and their health more so Isoldes then Amorettes.

Kentaro nodded as he thought about what the witches said. I think Innya stated it looked like it could be anytime in the next seven or so suns. He was certain thats what she had said. After all it seemed to them she was showing signs. He wasn't even sure what that meant. He shrugged his shoulders as he glanced back over to her. I'm not sure I understood all she was saying. I don't get girls at all. The statement was truth girls were just weird.

Kentaro glanced ahead before looking back over watching her run her fingers through her hair. I know I don't have to raise them like that. But what if it just happens. He stated. How could he stop himself from doing things to his kids that was taught to him as ok. He was always put in competition with his brother and the two of them grew and started to have issues because of it. Though he didn't plan to ever pick a successor like his mother had. She was the root of all his issues. His fist clenched at the thought. She was an awful demonic creature, so was he. He had already threatened the lives of his youngest siblings and chased the from their birth home. He huffed maybe this meant his children were in fact doomed. Poor things never even really had a chance did they?

Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:39 pm

have a text wall ((668))

Ocèane had felt the sensation of being overwhelmed one too many times, and so she knew the expression of somebody feeling similar. She saw it on Kentaro now, as they walked along, ever-approaching closer to the spot of warmth in the cold, desolate landscape. It was clear, now, that the man was not simply here to make small talk and try to get onto her good side. The strain in his eyes was clear enough for her to recognize it as genuine concern, and now she looked at the problem in a different light. She did not want her grandchildren to be raised by someone who knew they would be bad at being a parent- but she also did not want them to be raised without a father or by someone they didn’t know. She’d already made that mistake, and knew it did more harm than good. She did not want Amorette’s pups to suffer the same condition of not-knowing, as so Ocèane knew that both Kentaro and Amorette would have to work together to raise them to create the best circumstances. And now that she came to that conclusion, she was determined for it to happen, even if she was wary of the Angelo’s character.

Seven or so suns- it was so soon. The Hineyu wanted nothing more than to be with her daughter when the pups arrived, and was pleased to know she would have others there to care for her through the ordeal. The Fire Maker could very clearly remember her own birth, deep in the woods of Canada with nobody around for miles. If she never had to think about that again, it would be too soon. It was a miracle both Olivia and Amorette survived, as it was. Ocèane’s attention was drawn from its wandering when the man spoke again, and she couldn’t help but laugh- perhaps the first pleasant sound she had made since Kentaro had arrived. “I could say the same about males,” She commented, though her expression turned more pensive. The statement wasn’t a lie.

After the Lykoi had spoken again, the statement heavy in the air, Ocèane was silent, turning over the words in her mind and what they could mean. She was quiet for such a long time, in fact, that before long they stepped into the clearing that was the village of AniWaya. “This is the village,” She said lightly, gesturing to the ring of cozy and simple houses that edged the clearing, and nodded towards the roaring fire in the center of the clearing. “And this the Great Fire.” She didn’t spend time on details, because she was certain he didn’t care, and her mind was distracted. Ocèane led him towards the flames, before pulling two flat tree stumps near each other, and positioned them a comfortable distance from the fire. The place was sacred, so she was careful not to bring Kentaro and his ignorance to their customs too close, but still near enough that the warmth could thaw their cold fingers. Gesturing for him to sit, the Hineyu herself sat on her makeshift seat, watching the flickering fire for a moment before she turned her eyes back to him. “If you’re afraid of that happening, you’ll just have to make a conscious effort to take care of what you’re doing. And it’s okay to ask for help- I’m sure there are plenty in Anathema capable in helping raise them.” The woman took a blue feather from where it was twisted in her hair and ran her fingers along the soft edge, a habit she had developed since she’d began wearing the plumage in her fur. “But you should also tell Amorette about your worries, if you haven’t already. She has a good heart, and that’s what mates do. Keep each other in check.” She didn’t completely trust Kentaro, and she wasn’t sure she ever would, but she told him these things kindly for the sake of her grandchildren.

Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:30 pm

The Devils King

Kentaro didn't mind the short walk as the two seemed to talk on and off. He had never had the chance to talk to his mother like this. In front of everyone she put on a show and made it seem like she really cared about him but the truth was she didn't. All her other children knew her love knew her devotion he knew the sting of punishment. He had been the one set against the grinding stone forced to learn the ins and outs not by his own choice but by force. He should have just been a regular warrior instead he was forced into this.

He glanced up and looked around. Fire, hmmm I thought the fire thing was a metaphor. He was being honest as he looked at her. He was interested to say the least about what was with the fire but he wondered if she would want to tell him. Yeah I guess boys can be hard to get. Though to be truthful we are pretty simple creatures. He stated as he took the seat she had given him. He was very grateful though for the chance to speak with her.

Your right. Its just odd to be able to talk out loud about things like this. As my mother would tell me to shut up. He stated rubbing the back of his neck. Anathema moved far south recently did Amorette tell you? He asked looking at her.

Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:25 pm

((441))

Anathema seemed like a place founded on status and personal image. Ocèane was certain that in such a place, Claudius would never be accepted as a leader, if only for his speech impairment. While in AniWaya, all of the tribe members barely noticed the stutter, because it was widely known that he had leading experience and that he would not lead them astray. Although, age didn’t seem to matter much, because Kentaro was nearly the same age as Olivia (who was AniWaya’s sub leader and Amorette’s sister). But such ideas were only assumptions, and Ocèane knew she would never really be able to see such tensions unless she lived in Anathema. So the Hineyu could understand if the Angelo thought the exchange odd, as she assumed most of his conversations would be full of battling prides and sharp words.

The crackling of the flames filled up the lulls in their conversation, and put an ease to Oce’s nerves. The orange light from the flames danced along her and Kentaro’s fur, painting odd shadows and patterns on their bodies. After her laugh, her smile slowly faded, until it was almost nonexistent when she replied next. “I suppose some are. But not all. I know one or two that are very hard to understand.” The joking note in her voice had vanished by this time, and she pensively looked at the feather that she turned in her hands, once again attempting to put aside her own troublesome thoughts.

His next comment caused Ocèane to pause, and glance towards the crackling fire again, a humorless sigh of a laugh passing her lips. “Yeah, well. Trust me. It’s not healthy to keep things bottled up. It’ll explode and create one big mess, eventually. I’m… available, if you have more concerns. I hope to receive updates about my daughter and the new puppies.” It was hard for her to say, as she would rather not see Kentaro on a regular basis, but he seemed at least half-decent, and she knew she ought to try and improve relationships, if only for Amorette’s sake. Though Domovoi warming up to the man seemed rather unlikely, so she decided to try and be a median of sorts, if only to keep them from snapping at each other. Not that it would be a problem. Like she said, he was very scarce nowadays. “She did, since her trip here was long. AniWaya moved not too long ago, too. We used to be nearby where Anathema has relocated.” Of course, she didn’t give him reason for their relocation. Angry spirits? He would think she was crazy or just paranoid.

Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

Dead Topics