A knife for a heart

AW

POSTED: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:57 pm

The path she chose to follow upon departing from those lands had kept her body and mind occupied with the challenges that life presented. From time to time her thoughts travelled to the days when her old naïve self ran through the forests of Nova Scotia, calling the wolves from the feral pack brothers and sisters before their betrayal turned her blind loyalty into vicious resentment. Many shocking events took place during her first explorations and many more when she left and returned after her second winter passed. There always seemed to be something pulling her toward that specific piece of land. Perhaps it was only curiosity driving her to explore and learn more about the curious environment of Souls, or maybe her failed attempts to achieve greatness among the packs that inhabited there triggered that chord of pride and challenge that quite often became responsible for her actions.

The reason mattered little as once again she found herself traveling down the path that had changed her life several times already. From a top her massive steed she appeared great and terrible. Her features had retained the grace and beauty from her youth but her eyes had grown colder, merciless. She possessed the demeanour of a predator, her ears held high in constant alert while her toxic eyes scrutinized the forest ahead. The possibility of encountering an old enemy in no-one’s land was an exciting thought that brought a dark grimace to her lips. If someone still held a grudge against her she would gladly settle the quarrel once and for all. Heh, apparently her thirst for blood hadn’t dwindled one bit.

Her gaze rose to the darkening sky, soon the only light to go by would be that of the moon and stars. A loud caw came from behind her right before the largest of her feathered companions perched itself in her shoulder. Kaeli huffed as Kiri’s claws dug into her skin, the familiar sting causing her a slight discomfort that she simply shrugged off. “It feels good to be back don’t you think?”

Kaeli lives, Kaeli speaks, Kaeli thinks.

Salsola
The Henchman
Hydra
Luperci Cavalleria Mate to Shaamah

POSTED: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:29 pm

((4+)) Hope you don't mind an Oce!~ Lots of rambling that may be confusing, can skip to last paragraph. <:

It kept unraveling. She couldn't keep anything tied together, nothing she tried to forge or create ever stayed the way she wanted. Domovoi was gone, and this time it was with an air of finality, or at the very least one of long time. It wasn't like Ocèane knew why he had come to AniWaya in the first place- she wasn't even sure he had known, himself- but none of it mattered now, as obviously he had changed his mind. She couldn't say she had particularly enjoyed his presence, the father of her daughters. But at least she had a solidity in it, a confirmation that he was still breathing and walking, and that was all she cared about, at any given moment. She hadn't even dared to try and sort her tangled, destructive emotions towards any element of the situation. But now that she'd lost him again- this time on his terms, and not her own- she didn't know how to feel. It wasn't relief, however much she wanted to believe it. Was it worry? Longing? A deep, uncertain sadness? She wasn't sure. She didn't know, and the only way to cure the problem was to find Vuk again. But the dark, mysterious male that had saved her life and kissed her hard was hardly someone she could use to drown her uncertainties in. Ocèane was very close to pulling out her hair or breaking down, and wasn't sure what would come first.

So when the feeling of Domovoi's certain absence had settled in her gut, she threw the saddle on Evadne's back and spurred her, hard. They tore from the stables, galloped from AniWaya's territory, and didn't stop until the sun began to descend. Ocèane may never have stopped, she may have rode her mare until she dropped had not an odd sight stopped her- a woman with a bird's talons dug into her shoulder, though in the appearance of companionship. This was something new, something strange- something to distract her. So she pulled, hard, on Evadne's reins, and woman and horse came to a halt, the mare's chest heaving with breath as the Hineyu dismounted, bright gaze curiously fixing on the lady she had found. "Does it not hurt you?" Was the first thing from the tribe woman's mouth, no pleasantries ready to be exchanged on her tongue, as they may have been on any other day.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:22 pm

OCC: Sorry for the lateness!!! Exams week is death.

The raven Mistress quickly became aware of the presence of another. Large coyote ears twitched to the sound of hurried hooves in the distance. Her eyes narrowed as the sound became closer, the scent of another rider and her steed reaching her trained nose. The scent of an unknown pack awoke her curiosity, drawing her from the shadows and into the dying light. It was surprising how many secrets were yet to be discovered in those lands, Kaeli sought to discover each and every single one.

Soon the stranger and her mount appeared between the large trees, toxic green meeting the clear seafoam from the other woman’s gaze. An odd greeting was spoken and Kaeli’s attention shifted toward the bird on her shoulder that had started to make a deep gurgling sound. “I have gotten used to it.” She spoke coolly, her eyes quickly returning to the stranger which she yet had to deem as harmless.

“It’s a strange time to take a ride in the wilderness. What has brought you out here tonight my friend?” Only curiosity lingered in her words that would otherwise sound threatening in her poisonous tongue. Kaeli studied the earthen female’s form, she seemed fit and well-fed as it was expected from a pack wolf, and she was also of a great stature, almost as great as her own. The rogue wondered if the other rider was perhaps familiar with one of her past acquaintances. Unlikely.

“My name is Kaeli by the way. How may I call you?”

Salsola
The Henchman
Hydra

POSTED: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:53 pm

((3+)) Don't worry! I was laterrrr D:

Ocèane removed herself from Evadne's back after only a moment of hesitation, realizing that it was time for the horse to rest before their journey home. She dropped to the ground and straightened, finding she did not tower over this particular stranger. She could meet her eyes evenly, and found them an electric, almost unnerving green. That, and the fact that a raven was digging its talons into her shoulder seemingly without causing pain, added a mysterious, if perhaps dark, aura to the stranger. Ocèane was cautious, but she did not feel threatened, so she only let her eyes flicker from the bird to the woman when her inquiry was answered. Was it possible for one to become accustomed to the pain of a bird's talons digging into their flesh? Mayhaps so.

It was now Ocèane's turn to be asked a question, and after the lady had asked it, she did not immediately answer. Instead, she glanced back to the dark woods, as if she would find the answer. "I was running from something that I cannot outrun." A bit vague, perhaps, but the AniWayan had no other way to describe it. Turning, she took up Evadne's reins and moved her gently over to a tree, where she could tie and knot the leather so the mare could not escape, but still easily nose through the frosty ground for anything that may be edible. Once secured, the Aston returned her attention to Kaeli, whose name she now knew. She finally nodded in acknowledgement, the first show of greeting. "I am Ocèane. Do you come from Anathema? You seem the type." She said, without much thought. It was not insulting, simply an observation- many of the pack where Ocèane's daughter had gone held a similar perona to this green-eyed female.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 am

OCC: No worries

The tribe woman dismounted and so did Kaeli, her sudden movements forcing Kiri to take off and seek a better perch among the nearby trees. The rogue was surprised to find that she was able to meet the other’s gaze without looking down upon her the way she had to with most of the gals she met. A genuine smile spread wide across her maw, she was pleased to meet another creature of favourable genetics. The stranger might become a good alliance in the future, who knew?

The answer to her question bought a slight frown to her brow. Strong of body but troubled in mind the stranger was. What could possibly affect one so much as to force them to drop the fight and flee into the unknown? Kaeli couldn’t understand, she was foreign to the pains of the heart as hers was hard as stone and even tougher.

The next words spoken by Ocèane revived the grin that exposed the lone warrior’s teeth. “I know from that Pack and I have met their members before, but my only link with them is from a few acquaintances that I might go and visit someday.” From finding their territory empty she had assumed the group of thieves and assassins had disbanded, now she knew they still existed, perhaps somewhere near they thrived in a new territory. It might be wise to check on them, but not that night.

“Do you mind to join me in a walk below the stars or did you have a destination planned for your runaway?” She inquired, perhaps the aniwayan would rather continue alone in her escapade, or maybe she would notice from Kaeli’s weapons and odd jewellery that in her company she would be safer than alone.

Salsola
The Henchman
Hydra

POSTED: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:29 pm

((3+))

Perhaps her heart was too soft. She gave it too easily and it was often not handled with the gentleness or care it deserved. While she was not innocent or weak, she didn't have much of a capacity for heartbreak. Ocèane was a physically and mentally hardened woman- she could take pain and fear with stability and a drive that few had. But what she made up for in body and mind, she lost in emotions. She did not cry, but was more prone to the silent, broken mood- one she had found herself in increasingly many times, recently. Her life was not tragic, but it was far from perfect. There were many things that brought her nightmares and sleepless evenings. She was not good at describing what a weakness of the heart was, to this stranger or any other.

Ocèane would have smiled, perhaps, but she didn't feel the mood to do so. Her tense shoulders and dark eyes did lighten, though, and her face became less grave. "A good choice. There is conflict there." Not to mention she had a certain creeping feeling whenever she came near the pack. Despite it being home to her daughter, it was still not a place she liked to spend time in.

Kaeli did manage, now, to bring the slightest of smiles to Ocèane's face. It was only a whisper, but still present. She doubted anything but an odd loner with a raven on her shoulder could have sparked her curiosity and lifted some of the heaviness from her heart, so her flight was not in vain. "I think that a walk... would be a good idea." But before moving forward, the Fire Maker turned back to her mount and rested a hand between the mare's eyes. "Rester, Evadne." The murmured word of French was caught by a flick of Evadne's ears. Satisfied, Ocèane returned her bright gaze to Kaeli and stepped next to her, gesturing towards a break in the trees she knew would lead to a starlight clearing a ways off. "What is its name?" She inquired, motioning towards the dark bird that had escaped into the canopy.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

Dead Topics