swallowed by the land

Spring Flood Prompt #4

POSTED: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Rain. Yet another thing silverfang didn't like. Yet it was a sure sign that summer was on its way, and that was something that he could look forward to. Warm sunshine and a lack of cold, unlike the rain that had let up a little. Though he doubted the rain would be gone for long. So he decided to take an opportunity to go out while he could. He grabbed a dear pelt he had been using as a makeshift cloak, and draped it over over his shoulders and opened his door to the light drizzle. He slowly strolled forward looking at the ground, feeling the rain roll of the back of his neck as he leaned his head down. He was quiet tired of the cold, it had kept him locked inside most of the time trying to keep warm. The cold clung to him no matter what he did in the winter. He was quiet glad spring had finally showed up even if it had brought rain.

As he walked he heard the call of a few frogs from the direction of the swamp, and decided that he would take a walk there. Most of Aniwaya didn't feel the need to traverse through the usually dark lit swamp, also called The swollen lands, or the Uwoida Gadohi in the packs language. He hadn't really picked up the language much, but he couldn't say he knew nothing about it. Lost in thought the dark the dark wolf stumbled upon his destination. The swamp lived up to its name. The usually small but numerous pools of water had swollen to triple their size. Though this didn't bother silverfang much. He thought it gave the swamp a sense of mystery, as if the land had hidden something of great importance in the large reflective pools of water. walking up to one pool he gazed into it trying to peer into its depths, to see if the swamp had hidden something in it. He leaned in ever closer trying to make out what was beneath the surface when a frogs croak, with little doubted it was one of the frogs he had heard earlier, made him stumble backwards into a dark patch of grass,witch he had not noticed earlier. To his dismay his feet had soon disappeared and he could feel the cool dampness of the muskeg creeping up his ankles. Scolding himself for not thinking about the dangers patches of mud that acted like quick sand Silverfang, staying still ass he could, inhaled deeply before yelling quiet loudly. "Somebody HELP!"
For a moment, im a poet without words. speechless cause you love me at my worst. i don't deserve this. i let it surface, and all i know is i woke up today falling in love again.
VOTE SOULS

POSTED: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:34 pm

OOC -Thiiiiis is a big reply, my bad x~x [587]

He shouldn't be trespassing. Everything that was a wolf in him screamed this wasn't right, but he did it anyway. He had left Dallas where they had been resting, not half a mile away from the borders of the tribe. Just half a mile away. He wasn't able to sleep that night, so eager he was to finally make contact. Talk to them, his Gran's former pack, where she was visited by Saw the black mamba. A snake spirit, a true part of the goddess that blessed her with his company. He remebered her stories, of the pack thought her as holy, an Immortal still walking among them. And she spoke of her friends and companions here, their cerimonies and customs, and how the Augusitinians had eagerly adopted some of them.

He remembered all that, and had watched the lands that belonged to the tribe from the distance, yearning o finally set foot there. It felt surreal, to see his journey finally in its end. It left a bittersweet taste in his mouth, to think of all he went through to get here. At some point he was so lost in thoughts he didn't notice himself grabbing his staff - the blade safely tucked in the sash around his waist -, standing up and walking towards the borders, and when he crossed them, it had felt wrong but also like a welcome home. Like this was as much his home as his birthpack. Trespassing was wrong, but it also felt right? The conflict inside him didn't make him stop or slow down.

The priest strolled in AnyWayan lands like he belonged there. Not in a possessive way, like this land belonged to him. No, it was in humble acceptance and vehemence. He felt the dirt beneath his oes still wet from the previous bad raining, and he didn't need to speak the language of the winds and louds to know it wasn't over yet. He should return to his and Cody's camp before he woke, but for now he enjoyed this mix of inner peace and turmoil.

The damp and rather foul smell of swamp lands hit his nose, and he knew it was his hint to go back and leave before he was discovered trespassing. That wouldn't settle well, and he would hate to be chase away from the lands without having a chance to explain. Besdies, such behaviour would slander his Gran's name here. More and more he realized how much of a bad idea this had been. But just as he turned around to go back, he heard a shout, a plea for help. His stomach sank in alarm, the longer fur along his neck standing up as a chill ran down his spine. Oh no.

Without thinking, he rushed into the marshlands, tranvsering as quickly as he could. He took care to step on rocks and roots of the trees, and when needed, used his staff to further his jumping where he guessed were safer paths. Once of twice he slipped, and sank a bit, but managed to lift himself back up with his staff. Each time he thanked the spirits ofr not forgetting it back at the camp. Soon he was deep in the swamp, but had lost track of where the voice had come from. "HELLO! WHERE ARE YOU?" He shouted to the woods, ears high and sharp and ignoring the croaking of frogs and other animals, waiting, hoping for a reply.

POSTED: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:22 pm

The mud now up to almost his knees, made silverfang realize how grateful he was for the training he had received from, his mentor and good friend, Fenrir. He had slowed his breathing and had made himself stand as still as he could. Though this could only do so much. Slowly but surely he was being swallowed by the land he had just been standing upon earlier. The thought had made him shiver as he realized unless he got out or got help, he would be the thing the swamp had hidden in its depths. This thought worried him greatly. He had come to love his tribes members and their land. Though in many eyes it was never there land. They just respectfully used it, not claiming to own it. It was as if the pack members and the land had a symbiotic relation. They used it for its resources and to live upon. And in return the pack protected the land from any who would misuse it, or invade it claiming it as theirs. But such things would not matter to the dark furred wolf, that stood slowly sinking into the land he had helped protect.

After a few moments to his great relief he heard someone call out in reply to his call of help. "Hello?" He called not knowing the source of the voice. Which in itself was strange because silverfang, as reclusive as he sometimes seemed, had took to knowing most of his pack members voices. Not that he had gone and seen each of them on their own, he usually took notice at gatherings of the tribe witch honestly wasn't often. So was it possible he had just not paid close enough attention. "If you have a moment i seem to be sinking into the swamp and as much fun as this is i don't feel like dying today so some help would be appreciated whomever you are." He looked around trying to see who had called out but he dare not move anything but his eyes to look. "Wherever you are im over here!" He shouted trying his best to help lead his potential saviour to his location.
For a moment, im a poet without words. speechless cause you love me at my worst. i don't deserve this. i let it surface, and all i know is i woke up today falling in love again.
VOTE SOULS

POSTED: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:26 pm

OOC -Aaand a short one to keep this quick? [206]

It wasn't long until he received an answer. It was long enough he managed to navigate the swamp while not losing track of the source. Minutes later he could see them, a Luperci sinking slowly in the marshlands. He was still a distance away, but he couldn't waste too much time. Gods knew if they might find an air pocket in the mud and sink to their neck in a question of seconds. It made Dion's stomach flutter with fear as he hopscotched through the swamp.

"Here! Here I am." He said as he was just some meters away from the gray male, quite out of breath from the exercise. The priest found a tree that was safely away from the AniWayan but close enough that he could reach them by extending his staff. Finding a steady hold in a low branch, he reached out, using the staff for a pole. It was dirty with mud and grime, but it still better than nothing. "Reach out, and hold it as hard as you can." The wolfdog instructed, not wasting anytime in putting all his weight and strength to pulling the man out as soon as he had a steady grip on the wooden pole.

POSTED: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Sorry for jumping in so late! A bit of pp, let me know if it needs to be fixed~ (+5)

Ocèane had enjoyed the rain as it began, but it quickly became obvious this was no simple shower. The snow had slowly dissolved, which freed the forest from its frozen slumber, but just as soon it seemed to awake with electricity. Now the earth was never dry, and the Fire Keeper was uncertain it would ever be dry again. The clouds stretched, thick and brooding, endlessly over their heads. She'd spent painstaking hours along her tribes members to relocate, protect, and create new items and other necessities unique to AniWaya. Even then, some things had been damaged beyond repair. Ocèane sighed unhappily as she ran the brush over her mare's coat, watching as the water was flicked off her pale hair with a satisfying rippling noise. Yet all of her grooming would be for nothing, because it was just as the watery light of morn began to filter into the stables that a curious white twist of smoke materialized, quickly solidyfing into the familiar form of a pale cobra draped around Ocèane's throat.

The Aston glanced down at her spirit guide with a small smile, beginning to open her mouth to offer a greeting before she was cut off. "Sorry, kiss. But there's a little... predicament in the swamps. Silverfang has gotten himself stuck, and a stranger is nearby. I do not know what he will do. I'd kick your friend and get going." For a moment, the words were not processed, but then the woman dropped her brush and leaped forward, applying the horse tack to Evadne as quickly as her long fingers could manage. Within minutes, the mare was saddled, and Ocèane swung herself up onto her back, grabbing a long coil of rope as she nudged her steed and horse and woman burst out into the rain, galloping towards the scene of the distress as quickly as could be allowed.

When she arrived at the bogs with directions from Aedus, the snake hissed. "Here." They turned around a bend of trees to find Silverfang being pulled from the mud by an unfamiliar face. Ocèane wasted no time in asking questions or otherwise- first priority was her pack mate, she could question the loner later. Dropping off Evadne's back, the dark woman grabbed the rope and darted over to the struggling male and the man attempting to help. "Wait." Was all she said, before leaning forward and tying the rope tightly around the pole, knotting it several times over that it would not slip. She was certain that this loner would have a very difficult pulling up Silverfang, especially with the muddy, unstable ground. His best chance was with her assistance. With long strides, Ocèane pulled herself back up onto Evadne and tied the rope around the horn of the saddle, tightly. "Ready? Pull with me." She directed the last comment towards the stranger, before digging her heels into the pale mare. Evadne snorted in response, immediately attempting to dart forward, though with the load, she got nowhere, though slowly but surely Silverfang began to be pulled to freedom.

Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:47 am

Silverfang was slightly surprised to to see that his potential savior was infact a Loner. This unnerved him some. He hadn't taken place in the battle that drove off the Loner invaders that had been harassing the pack, but the sheer fact that they would mess with the pack had left a sore spot with him so ever since he had been a bit edgy when one was present. But he would question the wolf after he was unstuck from the accursed mud. The slightly shaggy light brown wolfdog extended his staff so silverfang could grab hold. Just as silverfang reached out to grab it a familiar scent washed over him. This was one he knew well, one of a packmate.

He raised his head slightly to see a darker metallic colored fae riding her horse at full gallop towards them.He had seen her a handful of times and knew that this was one of the fire tenders Ocèane. She quickly jumped down from her horse with a coil of rope. She told the loner to wait and then tied one end of the rope to the staff and the other end to her saddle. He then grasped the staff and with a group effort the two slowly started to pull him free. He had breathed a sigh of relief as he felt his legs slowly being pulled free. But his luck was short lived as his left ankle wasn't so willing to come out. As he was pulled free he heard a loud pop from his ankle and then landed safely upon solid ground. He brought his ankle up toward him as he sat up. " that wasn't healthy, but a dislocated ankle is a small price for not dying." He then turned towards the Loner standing near him. " Now that i'm not in danger of becoming fertilizer for the swamp, what are you doing trespassing here." He scowled some. "Though i am thankful that you were in retrospect." He grimaced and snarled as the shock of the injury slowly ebbed away. This was going to be fun trying to get back to the village.
VOTE SOULS

POSTED: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:28 am

it's a part of me, apart from me

As he struggled to get the other male out fo the dirt, he heard the sound of hooves coming. Oh gods, let it not be someone ready to strike him down for trespassing! Thankfully, whoever it was merely told him to wait and tied his staff to the horse with a rope. Dion pulled when he was told to, and now managed to put his full weight and strength into it, his arms burning but at least the earth was giving up its hold on the sinking AniWayan.

He heard the dull pop, and he winced, ears twitching back for a second. Ouch, that gotta hurt. At least the other man was out, and he rushed forward to drag further away from the site of the sinkhole, just in case. "May I see it? I'm a healer, I can help." The priest said, the need to help the injured man almost a physical weight in his still racing heart. He wasn't sure how the other was talking with a dislocated ankle; anyone else would be shouting in pain and only managing some curses between breaths.

Still, the loner looked between the two other Luperci and sighed, looking as embarrassed as a pup caught with the muzzle deep in the cookie jar. "I-I'm... I'm Dion, Dion Akreon. I was headed here for a meeting, and I admit I trespassed when I shouldn't, and I'm truly sorry for it, but I heard you screaming for help, so I came and, well... Here I am!" He said, trying not to sound as meek as he felt. These were the people he had been looking for for so long, and now he might have just botched the whole trip. Oh, he'd never forgive himself if he got chased out for his foolishness.

-- | [wc — 306] template by hilli

POSTED: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:38 pm

(+3)

Evadne strained against the rope, her hooves sinking into the mud, making the process of rescue even more difficult. But slowly, the tautness began to lessen, and Ocèane knew that process was being made. In a final jerk, she dug her heels in deeper, and the mare gave one final, mighty tug. With a sloppy but satisfying sound, the packmate was freed from the sinkhole. With the sudden lack of a burden, Ocèane's horse stumbled forward a handful of steps before fixing herself, snorting in distaste before her master led them back to the duo of canines. Ocèane dismounted, dropping to the damp, dangerous earth before straightening again, sparing a glance to Evadne's legs to make sure they were not injured or stuck. Satisfied, she finally turned her bright gaze to the stranger in their midst, eyes narrowing to chips. She held no love for trespassers, even if they helped to save the life of an AniWayan. The Aston had been well in the middle of things during the loner attack on the tribe's borders only months ago, and still had scars to show beneath her dark fur. If this male showed any sign of unfriendliness or deceit, she would not hesitate to shove him up against a tree, forearm pressed against his windpipe. As peaceful as she may look, Ocèane could become terrifyingly protective over her home and the dwindling family that remained within it.

Luckily, the green-eyed man's first words had not been ones of trickery or accusations. Instead, they seemed genuinly apologetic and held every note of meaning no harm. The Aston relaxed, but she still watched him with a wary eye. "We are thankful for your help. Yet we have a hard time trusting trespassers; in the past they only meant to do us harm." The words were not unkind, but not particularly warm, either. "Where do you come from? What meeting were you coming to?" The Fire Maker inquired, understanding that the more she knew, the better for the both of them. She glanced briefly towards Silverfang, nodding in case he needed the encouragement. A dislocated ankle in the middle of flooding would do no good, and a healer would help immensely, even if she was uncertain he could be trusted.

Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:20 pm

OCC: Sorry for the uber lateness I know I suck but here is my contribution

A sage had many codes and conducts. Though so few contradicted daily life that he had not been overly worried over how'd they impact his family. A sage and AniWayan was how Fen saw himself. His son was already being tutored alongside Silver and the young Orleans. Of course though one key component was hours of solitude to get in tune with your surroundings. From what he's seen there is no better time than a flood. The steady land meets the rush of water. He had been planted firmly in the swampy marsh. He was at peace in the gunk. He wore his tan cloak and covered his scent with mud. His spear was beside him. He had to be prepared to strike after all he was a warrior.

Then came his students cry. His ears twitched in anxious fit. He rose but then froze at the scent of a trespasser. This wasn't good! He tore his spear from the flesh of the earth with the aim to save Silver and fend off the trespasser. As he moved as swiftly as he could he heard the gallop of an equine. Océan? Perhaps she could get there sooner. In a moment of neglect his foot sunk too deep. As he yanked and pulled at the sunken limb he saw the loner and his packmate attempt to rescue Silver. At this point his assistance would cause more bad than good. His foot came out quicker and with less injury than the student from how he moved himself.

Fen walked over holding his spear tight looking down at the group. The questions asked by Ocean were his own. "Glad to see you helped save Silver but please answer her questions and remember please no aggression." He wiggled the spear with a smile to show while he meant it all with a friendly tone the message was the same. One wrong move and you'll be rammed through the gut with steel and wood. Fen could see the same look on Ocean's face but she lacked his friendly tone. Perhaps she had even less patience for loners than he did. Whatever it was he'd back up his word and hoped the same from her.
Fenrir Lupercus

John William Frost
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:22 pm

244 words

Silverfang nodded to the healer, his ankle definitely needed attention."Go ahead, i appreciate you coming to my aid, though i myself am curious to what meeting you speak of." Silverfang said. "Is it one of predetermined date, or one of chance encounter with who ever you would have found walking along the boarder?" He glanced around the present group. There was his teacher Fenrir, the fire tender Oceane, and the loner with the staff. He took note of fenrir and oceane's expressions. He knew he shouldn't be trusting of the loner, but the man had come to his rescue. Sadly, silverfang realized, the loners trespassing was his doing. He looked at the ground somewhat disheartened. Had he not gotten stuck in the mar then he might have encountered him under better circumstances and not dampened his chances of joining their pack.

But here he was. as much of a punishable act trespassing was he had done it to come save him. He would make sure that fact was not forgotten no matter what the judgement of his pack mates. He would not have the man who saved his life harmed, unless he was deserving of it. So silverfang leaned back some clenching his jaw as the shock was long past gone and his wound now throbbed with great intensity. He dug his claws into the dirt trying to control the pain that now sought to overwhelm him like the swamp had

VOTE SOULS

Dead Topics