E
X
T
Words: 300+
Date: 8/25
Place: --
Form: Optime
ooc text here.

Lithia had not been an avid reader like her sister, Tzila, but after finding the treasure trove of books on magick, divination and even Voodoo in the library, she found herself there more often in her free time. The books helped her much more than any “Bone Collector” or Swamp Witch could. The books explained things, rather than brush her off or put her off, like it was none of her business. The divination books were particularly interesting because they opened Lithia’s eyes to more methods than reading cards like in tarot.

Particularly alphitomancy. It was a process of “reading” someone’s conscience that required a special cake to be made and fed to the victim. If the cake tasted good to them, their conscience was clear; if it tasted weird to them, they had something they were hiding. Lithia’s ears flicked back and a wry smile slid onto her features. If only she could procure the recipe for this cake…

It had to have been around here somewhere… Lithia turned from the window sill that she most often read her books upon. It came up to about chest height for her, so it was perfect. Though, the Napier woman turned away from her book to stare at the last shelf towards the wall, wondering if she would be able to find the recipe in one of the other books.

Eager to know more about the process, she abandoned the thought for the recipe for now and pointed her nose back into the book she had on the sill. Many ideas raced through her mind at the thought of this treasure. Who could she use it on? Who’s secrets did she know of so she could perform a failsafe demonstration of her new method?

Stock: Martin Heigan

Re: I can't tell how this is not your fault

Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Lust had been more or less grounded after she fought a trespasser. Sure, her father had made the male her slave like she wanted, but she absolutely hated that he had confined her to the castle. Before, she would have just snuck off, but he had both Gideon and the crows watching her constantly. It was irritating not being able to leave the castle or do whatever she wanted.

The dark princess had quickly grown bored, leaving her room to find something to do. Her new slave followed close behind her as she made her way down the stairs and to the library, expecting to find Evangeline there again. Instead, it was Lithia there, looking through a book. She more or less skipped up to the older girl, a child-like smile on her face. Lithia could be fun to play with. Hey there Thia. Lust loved to push peoples buttons and figured giving the older girl a nickname might annoy her a bit, but maybe not. If she liked being called Thia, then the whole point of doing it was wasted. What are you up to? Her head cocked to the side slightly as she questioned the other girl.

Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:41 am

If the morning light don't steal our soul
O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 000
Date: 00/00/00
ooc text here.

The library was mostly silent except for the odd canine passing through the hall. Most of the faint sounds hadn’t bothered her, which allowed her to keep reading into alphitomancy. The answer to her former question was easier than she thought: the food that determined guilt in others was not cake, but “barley” bread and she had heard of many Luperci who knew how to bake bread. She would have to ask around the pack, but if she were not able to find one here, she can go to another and trade for the information. Apparently, if the party was guilty, they would get indigestion after eating the bread. What a simple little method! It was so easy. She’d just have to remember to pay attention to bodily messages for a “sick” Luperci…

Flipping the page with her tail wagging slightly, small skipping feet stopped at her side. Looking down to find the last face she’d ever want to see, her tail stilled. ”Hello Lust,” she said less than enthusiastically. Her pink eyes graced the female’s face looking for mischief. She thought the nickname would bother her, but instead it only peeved her slightly. ”Reading,” she answered simply, not wanting to elaborate but feeling obligated to do so after a pause. ”Researching divination.”

She was way too perky to be up to anything but annoying Lithia, so the woman growled under her breath and turned back to her book, starting at the top of the page. Though, both of them knew that Lithia couldn’t read in these conditions. She couldn’t focus on reading while evidently being watched by the one person she never wanted to speak to: Amorette’s daughter.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Lithia didn't look up until after the dark princess had already approached her. The older girl's tail came to a stop as she greeted Lust. She certainly seemed annoyed by the fact that she was there. Lust watched the older girl as she skimmed through the books, though her answer wasn't much. The dark princess wasn't entirely sure what divination was though and figured it was at least a start for a conversation. She was much too bored to just go off and find something else to do. What exactly is divination? Was it like witchcraft like Innya used?

She knew Lithia often seemed irritated by her presence, which only made her being there that much more interesting. Lust didn't know why that was the case, but no matter the reason behind it, it was still fun to be there and pester the woman. Maybe she could find something that could strike a nerve.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:51 am

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 000
ooc text here.

Lithia should have known that there would be more questions. One did not simply just be greeted by the Angelo’s daughter. No, she was sucked into a conversation with Lust at “hello”. The way she glared into the page could have burned a hole into the book, but instead, when she lifted her eyes and turned them back on Lust, they no longer held an aggravated weight. ”It’s a sort of like telling the future, like what the Ved’maova Sisters do sometimes with potions, only it doesn’t require magick. Just skill and concentration.” Something that you would never have, she didn’t say.

”Do you practice magick?” she asked, closing the divination book with a poof of dust. She left it on the window sill as she turned fully towards Lust. It wouldn’t surprise her to find that the Lykoi daughter dabbled in the stuff. Kentaro was often the head of most rituals and even though he didn’t actively dabble in his own magick, it was obvious that he was well-involved in it. As for Amorette, Lithia hadn’t known whether the woman was involved. She liked to know as little as possible when it came to Kentaro’s mates, as it angered her to know that his attention had been claimed by another.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Lust smirked as Lithia closed her book, looking up at the dark girl. It was fun to bug others, though it did't seem to bother the older girl too terribly much. She explained that divination was a way to tell the future using skill and concentration. The dark princess didn't see how someone could be able to tell the future just by concentrating. To her, it didn't seem like it was something that was possible, but why not test out Lithias skills? I haven't looked into any sort of magick, but I might. Why don't we put your skill to the test though?

Gold flecked blue eyes watched the older girl as she thought of something she could have Lithia "predict" that she would already know is going to happen, that she wouldn't have known yet. An idea formed in her head as a grin spread across her lips. Why don't you use divination to tell my dads future? Tell me what he has in store in the romance department. It might have seemed like an odd request, but no one else in the pack knew that her parents were breaking off their mateship, as they had done it pretty quietly, and that her mom and dad would be having their own mateship ceremony with just the two of them. Of course, she knew all about this, but Lithia wouldn't know yet. Maybe she would be able to see the future and tell her what was going to happen. Either way, Lust would know if the older woman was right or not.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 300+
I sped through the room/stairs scenes just to keep things moving. Lithia is setting up this spread for Kentaro's love reading :)

Lithia’s eyes wandered over the young Lykoi, silently judging her and silently considering all the ways that she was better than any other woman in Kentaro’s life. For starters, she wasn’t his sister, and that automatically was a plus. And yet, Kentaro was happily shacked up with his sister. He was a true Lykoi, if anything her mother had said about them was true.

And apparently Lust had not ever dabbled in the dark arts. Lithia wondered what kind she would give her attention to in the future. Would it be divination or black magick that the Ved’maova’s practiced? The young Lykoi requested Lithia to demonstrate some of her skill and automatically, the Cocio wasn't too happy about that.

Still, though. She worked to conceal her feelings and instead of flicking her ears back in dismay, she remained still and emotionless before the young girl. Fine, but we have to go back to my room to get my tarot cards,” she agreed, yet unable to keep the irritation from her voice. Lithia ushered Lust to follow her and with her divination book in hand, they headed to Axelle’s tower.

Once there, Lithia popped into her room quickly and grabbed the pack of cards, guided Lust out of her room, and closed the door behind them. She didn't want the woman snooping about even if there wasn’t anything particularly revealing about Lithia and Tzila’s room.

”Let’s go down to the Grand Hall. The tables are a lot better for this there,” she requested, not really allowing for Lust’s objection, and descended the spiral staircase of her tower to the first floor.

”So you want to know about your father’s love life? Why?” she asked innocently, taking the last few steps slowly while looking over her shoulder at Lust. It was strange that this girl would want to know these things… because Lithia wanted to know these things. Was there some turmoil that Lithia failed to hear about?

Once they reached the tables in the Grand Hall, Lithia took her seat at the end, closest to their entrance, offering Lust a seat across from her. Then the Cocio proceeded to pick cards from her already-shuffled deck and lay them out in a certain formation between them.

Topic locked