The Healer

POSTED: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:28 am

To the natives, it would seem like a warm day, but to Avinalora it was freezing. Dressed in a fur-lined cloak, her petite form still shivered every so often. The silver jackal scented coltsfoot and traced it back to its orgin. She never relied on sight due to a lack of vision. Her sensitive ears picked up the sound of an approaching creature and turned to see one of her companions, Jarix, a large melanistic jackal.

"I can never sneak up on you," the European Jackal chuckled as walked over to stand next to her. Her head nearly reached his chest due to her size, Avinalora being ten inches tall and Jarix being seventeen inches taller.

"Well, I'd definitely hear a giant canine crashing throught the undergrowth," she replied, "I'm may be nearly blind, but not deaf!" Jarix smiled and then Avinalora's muzzle jerked to the right. "Rabbit, about fifteen paces to your right." She whispered and Jarix nodded and darted away to hunt. Avinalora resumed her herb harvesting activities and bent down to carefully nip off the coltsfoot leaves and place them in her satchel. Then, she silently moved to grab the wintergreen leaves from a plant on her left.

She preferred to do most of her activities in Lupus form, such as herb gathering due to her lame, virtually useless hind leg. She normally prepared the herbs and did some of her healing duties, such as treating wounds in Optime form. Jarix, on the other hand moved through the forms.

Avinalora was shaken out of her thoughts as she heard an approaching creature.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 am

(242) Enter Jerk Player 3 :D Skoll is in Secui form.

The Western Tangles and his pack's land claim consisted of both forests and vast campestral territories, and Skoll knew the region like the back of his paw—other than the broken islands in the west, which he was too afraid (not that he'd admit it to himself or anyone else) to visit. The ocean's roar was always in the background, it seemed; it filled the air on quiet days, no longer the calming rumble that it used to be. Sometimes he still tasted salt in his mouth.

The Seneschal of the Court patrolled the no man's land now, bulky and hairy in his halfling shape, almost lionlike in the manner which he prowled. His nostrils flared at the scent of herbs, familiar but unknown in their properties, and he followed along the trickle of a drying creek, his eye open for danger. Cour des Miracles was alone in these southlands, but he was cautious still.

Then the wild scent of jackal filled his lungs, and the one-eyed wolfdog curled his lip.

A fallen branch cracked and leaves rustled as Skoll pushed through the undergrowth, brazen in his approach, and he lifted his head, yellow teeth bared in a sneer, as he spotted the pair. One was a darkling, almost wolf-sized, but the other was a puny little thing—easily mistaken for:

A fox! Skoll laughed. His grin was unfriendly. What are you doing here, little fox?

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN
Petite Cour
Séneschal
Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:46 pm

Avinalora and Jarix simeltaouly turned to see the origin of the comment. Fixed in their gaze was a large, yellow-furred halfling. A low growl rumbled through Jarix’s chest Avinalora noticed that the Secui had only one eye. She could tell that Jarix was thinking the same as her. Should they attack this jerk? Or should they walk away. Normally, Avinalora would have walked away. Bu Avinalora could tell that this male had something against jackals. The pair hadn't provoked him and she wanted to show him that just because she was small, doesn't mean she couldn't defend herself. Jarix looked and her and Avinalora stepped forward, a smirk etched on her face. She thought about what she was going to say and then put it through a few language filters before she spoke.

”I find that being called a fox is quite the compliment. So why don’t I return the compliment, mutt.” Avinalora said with a sneer. ”You’re a giant bastard!” And then Avinalora's lip curled as she glared the brute in his green eye. ”And I thought my cards were dealt unfairly, but at least I don’t have such an ego!”

Then, Jarix spoke with a cockney accent that normally came out when he was mad. "Well c'mon, love. I think you've bruised the bloke enough."
-------------
OOC: Avinalora is kind of an "insult me and its your funeral" kind of jackal. Was she harsh? I'm also really bad at doing a British accent and I don't know any other thing to call Skoll other than a "bloke"

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:40 am

() One of my character has a British cat and I used to have fun looking up slang for him as I am from Cornfields, U.S.A. and don't know how to do accents to save my life. |D For Skoll, "wanker" comes to mind though lmao!

The little silver creature advanced a few steps, bold and smirking—misplaced arrogance, Skoll thought, conveniently overlooking his own sin of pride. He was quick to notice that her gait was off, though; one hind leg didn't quite bend and seemed to drag, perhaps a defect or an old injury. A warrior with years of experience, he was quick to look for such things, even if he didn't think he'd need more than to try to squash her if he wanted to "fight" this small rat.

Oh, I know I am, Skoll agreed, his grin broadening. So I'd be careful about using that tone with me, jackal. Why not pick on someone your own size? His tone was patronizing.

The darker creature tried to call her off, but the yellow wolfdog wagged his curled tail and sneered. You heard him, petite souris, go on. He glowered down at them, not budging an inch as his dark grey claws dug into the rough earth. Your kind are godless and don't belong here.

Petite Cour
Séneschal
Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:00 am

Avinalora Silverfrost
"Just for the record, The weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of: A. Indifference or B. Disinterest in what the critics say"
| |
New table! Also, Avinalora's profiling Skoll, sorry if I gets anything wrong!
WORD COUNT

Avinalora began to analyze the dog in front of her. He obviously hated jackals, for his tone and choice of words was obvious. He kind of seemed like a narcissist to her, extroverted, and arrogant. He must have been wronged by a jackal or may have been raised with those views. He was intelligent and Avinalora knew it would be a battle of wits.

"Did a jackal wrong you? Or are you just a supremacist of whatever breed you are? The moonwashed maiden replied, trying to see if that would hit a nerve. This was normally how the argent female won her fights. She couldn't figure out the French the brute had said, but understood petite. She could gather that he saw jackals as heathens, which wasn't off since Avinalora had no belief in gods. "And for the record, I didn't scent any markers around here, so I technically belong here." The silver vixen spat, her eyes blazing and her form rigid in anger.

Jarix watched the golden-hued Secui, watching for any indicators that he would attack. Jarix was good at reading people's body language which often came in handy. If this male showed any intention of attacking, he would grab Avinalora and run. Not to their came of course, but would make a wide circle. The ebony-hued male already could tell that this bastard had an extreme prejudice against jackals and Avinalora would not back down from this fight.

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:31 am

() Why would you apologize for being wrong? Your character can only ultimately guess. ;)

The gall of the little silver-white fox surprised Skoll, but not for more than a moment. He'd been larger than the other jackal he'd harassed in the Tangles, but that one had had tricks up his sleeves and wasn't a cripple like the small creature before him. His golden mane bristled, making him seem larger—almost lionlike—and he advanced another step, swiping his tongue over his lips.

Your kind did more than wrong me. You're a disgrace to God. His green eye blazed, and his temper thundered in his chest like a low growl. What he'd intended to be a simple task, harassing a pair of desert rats until they scurried off, had touched a nerve—an old, buried one. And you're too damn close to my pack for my liking. There are no scent markers here, but I could fit your skull in my jaws, and that is the law of my land.

He opened his mouth, baring his yellow fangs, to prove his point.

Petite Cour
Séneschal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Avinalora Silverfrost
"I don't care what you think, As long as it's about me The best of us can find happiness, in misery"
| |
Is hell considered "strong language? Also, Avinalora is singing in this cause she can. By the way, this doesn't have to be the end of the role-play.
WORD COUNT

The moonwashed maiden's hackles raised as yellow-hued brute's mane bristled. She heard Jarix's tail brush against the ground, a sign that they should get the hell out of here. Avinalora calculated the odds of them winning a fight with the bastard. She could dodge out of the way of blows and keep the male's attention as Jarix attacked, but she knew that the Secui was stronger and larger than them. But, she couldn't resist hitting a nerve.

"So, what did my kind do to you? Humiliate you? Attack you? Betray you? Well, that jackal was bad, but we haven't done anything to provoke you!" The argent female said angrily. She didn't know why the brute hated her kind, but she wasn't backing down from a fight. Normally, the vixen would not get into such fights, instead remove herself from the conversation, but there was something about this mutt that made her want to get the last word out of this fight.

The she-jackal suddenly turned around, her fur flattening and her demeanor changed. She looked at her coal-coated companion and said in a polite voice with a hint of haughtiness "Well, I'm getting bored with this mutt's narrowminded views, aren't you Jarix?" The ebony jackal nodded, not surprised by her change of mien.

"Why don't we stop exposing ourselves to this wanker's negativity and leave this dastardly conversation." The European jackal quipped in his British lilt. Nodding at the female, they turned and left. The crepuscular male trusted the silver vixen's hearing to know that she would warn them if the dog tried to pursue them.

As they left, Avinalora sang loud enough for the brute to hear her.

"I don't care what you think

As long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness in misery."

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:43 pm

()

All the ones I've met of your kind were rotten, Skoll growled. And you're treading dangerous ground now, little girl. The jackals provoked him with their mere presence, their insolence; his blood was up now, though he'd sauntered to greet them with the intent of minor harrassment. His ego challenged, his rule (though the true right of that was stolen from him long ago), he wanted very badly to lash out.

The pair exchanged a glance and a few words, and the yellow wolfdog let them walk away, long enough to gauge the tiny female's prominent limp. She sang over her shoulder, but he didn't make out the words.

He waited a few moments, then launched himself after them.

Get the hell out of here, Skoll snarled, and snapped for the haunches of the silvery jackal, intentionally clicking his teeth short of her tail. He stopped and snarled, raising his own plumy tail over his back. I won't tell you again to leave, he growled, and bared his teeth, advancing stiff-legged toward them. Do I need to teach you a lesson?

Petite Cour
Séneschal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:00 am

Avinalora

"We'll stare straight-faced, don't hesitate. See, why would we want to make you bastards wait?" - SWS

The moonwashed maiden carefully listened to see if the dog would follow the siblings. She briefly remembered the discussion she had had with Jarix about what packs to join and she hoped that the yellow-haired male wasn't going to be in the pack they would be joining. The she-jackal could smell many Luperci scents on him and a distinct smell that she filed away for further reference. She wouldn't be biased against this pack since this was only one member and he couldn't be representing the group as a whole.

The silver-haired girl was brought out of her thoughts as she heard the mutt move and thought nothing of it untill she heard the click of teeth at the tip of her tail. Then, the petite vixen's survival instinct kicked in. Flight and hide. She could make out a hollow at the roots of a tree that was only five feet in front of her. She raced forward and at the last second, turned around and stood her ground.

Out of the corner of the crepuscular male's eye, he saw the Luperci snap his jaws close to Avinalora's bottlebrush tail. In a blink of an eye, his sister bolted. He knew that was one of the green-eyed vixen's many conditioned responses. The darkling immediatly copied the action though she was a bit ahead of him. Then the silvery female stopped and stood at the mouth of a tree hollow, her hackles raised and a "resting murderer face" gracing her features. Jarix stopped and turned around, still in front of her. He bared his teeth and his fur stood in tall spikes. He didn't know why they didn't just run but he wouldn't abandon his sister.

Avinalora's blood was boiling, and if she was normal-sized and unflawed, she would have been someone to reckon with. The normally sarcastic and peaceful healer was now glaring at a beast that was bigger than her brother and her put together. She wouldn't run from this male. She wouldn't let him think that he had won and go on terrorizing other jackals. For once in a long while, she actually wanted to tear this brute's face off. She growled and readied for a fight.

Word Count: 369

"Resting murderer face" comes from a fanfic I was reading Sorry for the late response!

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:29 pm

()

Telling moments came about in unusual times.

The first thing was Skoll's almost uncharacteristic anger, the curtain of red falling over his eyes. He'd never had the chance to face down his mother's killer, and at the heart of his response was regret and rage. Dominance had always been a part of him, one of his fatal flaws, and nothing made his temper flare quite so much as disrespect from those who didn't understand, hadn't seen what he'd been through. For two jackals, nonthreatening loners as they were, to ignore his posturing angered him.

The silvery jackal skittered away, hobbled by her stiff hind leg, and at the last minute whirled around—dark-faced and bristling in a pathetic attempt to make herself look bigger. The darker jackalmutt stepped defensively in front of her.

Skoll snarled. He could tear them both down; he could kill the crippled girl as easily as a rabbit. He lunged.

The second telling moment was when he dove for the male instead, thrusting his head forward to take the other's scruff in his mouth and shake him.

He didn't want to kill them.

Petite Cour
Séneschal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

Dead Topics