We've all got to start from somewhere

For Bayani

POSTED: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:52 am

OOC - +300 words.

WHERE WORDS FAIL, MUSIC SPEAKS

Weaver had come a long way since he had first come to Salsola. It was hard to believe so much time had already passed since that first day. Since then, he had learned from his sponsor, taken the time to get used to the method of things, and found his own tasks to keep himself occupied. He had grown to know each of the slaves, what their individual tasks were, and how each one of them acted. He was also taking the time to get to know the personal slaves, and the relationships they held with their masters.

Still, for as much trust as he was growing for each of the slaves, he still had to keep an eye on them. There was no telling what they might try to pull when he wasn't looking. He had Cosme to aid him with this during the night, but he couldn't be in every place at the same time. He made his own track to follow throughout the day, hitting each place before he went to have some time to himself. He had to trust in the lower than the low, but there were no troubles so far, so why would he think there were any now?

The tawny man padded through the ruins, humming softly as he made his way from the watchtower and out towards the normal areas. Claire had long been gone taking care of her own things. Perhaps tonight the two of the would be able to do something special with each other. The thought made the male pick up his pace, eager to make his round so he could return home, setting up the place for when she would return later in the evening. He would even lay out some better pelts for the two of them to rest against to make things even more special. Weaver's humming became more upbeat, a grace in each of his steps.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena
Luperci Signorino Mate to Syringa

POSTED: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm sorry for the slow! I'll be better<3 (+400)

Bayani had woken to a day of pleasant coolness, and was glad to find that there was no need to pant from the sun's heat and relentless thickness of the doggish fur around his collar. The Associate and his sister had spent the previous few days mostly within their shabby Millstone cottage, only making leave when they were summoned by Claire or otherwise their newly required duties as the lowly newcomers that they were. Bayani had taken short quests of his own with the sun's death to spread out and identify the niches and shadows of Salsola's territory, and was pleased to find he was quickly becoming more and more familiar each passing day. But despite his well-practiced charisma and normal ease of speech, the mottled young man had found himself avoiding the contact of passerby, for fear of a misfired comment or unjust action to be ordered disrespectful. He recognized that a pillar of this strange community's structure was heavily social and relied on the connections, no matter how true or how corrupt, between one another. Bayani would need to pull himself away from the alluring dark woods and into the limelight if he ever wanted to graduate from where he remained now. And so that cool day he had rolled up his dark shirtsleeves and made way for the Ruins, with the intent in his mind to speak to unfamiliars; though, in reality, the Grimm realized this was unlikely, given his flighty feet.

He passed by the crumbling landmarks like a shadow among them. Bayani avoided taking the most-used paths, trodden and victim to the sly feet of Salsolans that often tread. Instead, he sought a way carved his own, multicolored gaze cutting and determined with each step through tall grasses or tangled tree-roots. At one point he found himself perched among a tall pile of rubble, balanced precariously near a high chunk of old brick with a fairly lovely view. The doggish man examined what was spread before him, pleased at the mental map he could now construct with such a vantage point. Only a body or two flickered through the labyrinth of forestry and dying structures, but one in particular caught the Associate's eye as it approached. This particular male was not, by definition, new to him in sight, because the tawny form had been spotted by Bayani astride Claire many a time. He was curious to what their connection may have been, this stranger of unknown identity and rank to his siren, and he realized this was vital information to know. So with a deftness and speed to his figure, the male of mismatched eyes descended from his rubble place of lounging and sought to intercept the man and his path. Standing before the Arbiter, Bayani flicked a collie-tall ear and met his eyes, gaze vibrant. He chose to nod his head, brief but quick, in the proper acknowledgement before speaking. "I don't believe we've met, stranger."

Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:07 am

OOC - +300 words.

Weaver was no stranger to the new blood that had come to Salsola, especially the ones Claire had told him about taking on as her Associate. It brought joy to he knowing the woman he cared about the most was being so proactive with the kingdom. He knew she would make a great teacher, but she was no pushover. If creating a relationship with her taught him anything, it was that she was very devious, and unafraid to fire arrows at others to get their attention, even if it was in a playful manner. Still, he loved every aspect about her, and nothing was going to change that.

Speaking of the Associate the light woman had taken claim over, it seemed he wouldn't remain a stranger to the tawny man for long. While making his way through the ruins, his humming was brought to a halt, noticing the dog man appear before him. Their gazes met, though he was the first to speak. The addressing of another was clear indication of his new membership to the kingdom, but he was more than willing to set that aside. After all, while Weaver was polite in his own way, he was still often one to neglect the use of rank when addressing others. No, that was better suited for business and serious matters.

Weaver smiled as he stepped closer to the Associate, the smile unfading from him face, "We have not met before. I am Arbiter Weaver Valentine. You must be Claire's new Associate. Am I right? She has told me about you." He gave him a nod back when the dog man did, prompting him to speak again, "Claire is busy this morning so perhaps you would like to accompany me instead?" The Associates were still fresh to the kingdom and needed to learn all about how things worked around her, including the primary focus of the tawny man's work. The slaves were just as important to this kingdom as anyone else for their hard work, not that they really had a choice in that matter.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:04 am

I totally lied. This isn't any better. Im sorry pls love me (+300)

He was aware of his lack of familiarity with the vast majority of his new family, namely his ability to pair a rank with a name. That was, he deduced, common and polite introduction, but given he hadn't even the name let alone the rank of this particular man, 'stranger' spoken respectfully would have to do. Bayani saw the flicker of recognition in the male's green sights as he failed to perfectly address him, but was glad to see it was glossed over and quickly moved forward. The blue merle was certainly intrigued about this Salsolan; what allowed him to befriend and emote with his siren he knew as so cold? He would find out.

"Arbiter Weaver." He replied when the chance was given, nodding briefly but with respect, hoping to impress or at least please with the immediate gesture. Bayani was slightly surprised to know that Weaver knew so readily of the dog's association with Claire, but he supposed many things would come around quickly within Salsola, and values were different here. The Grimm found himself wondering if Weaver knew anything beyond his woman and her night of passion with the young man standing before him. He would have said no, once upon a time; that would be a secret and never acceptable in such sights. Now, he was not so sure. Spawned from a prudent society- one that he had chosen to rebel, obviously- Bayani was still quick to assume many of different cultures were similar. But he was being proven wrong.

He nodded when Weaver asked if he was correct, confirming. He was then very readily invited to accompany the Arbiter on his tasks- whatever those may be- and after the briefest of hesitations, the Associate agreed. "Certainly. I am Bayani Grimm." He added, assuming it was best for both of them to understand the identity of the other. He did not allow his mismatched gaze to wander, instead keeping it fixated on the tawny Salsolan's face, analyzing but expectant. Each word was being carefully weighed by Bayani as he tried to break down both this male and his significance.

Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:56 am

OOC - I will always love you dear AN <3. +300 words.

Weaver knew all too well that Associates had a long way to go before they got to where he was, and he had months to learn and adjust, though Ondine was a great part to shaping him into what he had become. His sponsor, while beautiful, made sure he understood what was expected of him and the traditions that the kingdom ran by. He had no doubts Claire would be able to do the same for this male. He knew her very well, and just how she could be.

It was impressive though to see he was showing the proper respect, catching himself from before. It was a good sign to see he was picking up on things even without in sponsor here. The Arbiter's smile along his face grew at this demonstration before the other male lifted his head back up. He would make a fine Salsolian in time.

Even better was that this male was willing to come along with the tawny man since Claire was not available. Perhaps this little walk could become a lesson in of itself. The new members to the kingdom probably were not aware of the slaves they owned and the tasks each one of them had been assigned to, at least when it came to the communal slaves. The personal slaves' work was dictated by their own master.

Weaver turned on his feet, heading in the intended direction as he motioned for Bayani to follow him. Now his daily lesson would begin. As they walked, he talked, explaining what the two of them would be doing, "Since I came here, I took it upon myself to watch over all the slaves in Salsola, so everyday I am checking on them to make sure they are doing their work and not slacking off." All of them knew the hybrid man was more lenient with them, as was true to who he was, but he could be just as cruel as anyone else if he needed to be. They knew better than to test his limits with them.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

Dead Topics