call me anytime you can see the lightning

p. Ondine

POSTED: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:34 am

It's gonna be weeks 'til I breathe again

This time, he had found an excuse to drift.

By midafternoon, the sun was high and hot. And to Bayani and his sister, where collie dog blood ran thick as their fur, the heat was less than pleasant. Primrose had been content for an evening in, curled up with her journal and book of herbs, despite her probable desire to meet new faces and make friends. Bayani did not mind an opportunity to locate a new face and a new name, but recently an easy frustration had been tight between his shoulder blades with the realization that each set of eyes he met looked at him low or with distaste. Decidedly forced into pleasing superiors with flattery and tiptoeing around a misplaced word and ruined reputation, Bayani was not eager to wait around at home for another someone to arrive, be it a slave with a note or one of the Family themselves. He would recover, if only he had silence. And so when it was revealed that both the siblings' waterskins were bone-dry, the Grimm told Primrose he was going to search for a new place of drink and perhaps catch a summer rabbit. She wished him to stay, but recognized the necessity, and soon Bayani found himself in the deep wood of this new home. He had yet to recognize the curve and gnarls of each of these trees, but he would, he told himself; with time.

The canopy was, thankfully, thick and shadowed, and he was allowed to move with ease and the calculated, fluid steps so familiar to his figure. Eventually, when the sun reached its peak and finally began the last leg of its journey West, something glittered upon the horizon. It was revealed to be a lake, flitting but comely through the folds of the trees. The Associate was pleased with his luck, and approached without hesitation. After locating the small stream that fed the large body of water, Bayani slung off the leather shoulderbag that was held against his hip and removed both waterskins, crouching with balance to allow the water to flow among his fingers and into the bladders. When the job was done, and the Grimm taken a lap of liquid himself from cupped hands, he knew that he should return to the forest in search of a rabbit to fling his knife at and then be on his way home. But the silence and preservation of the dark-shored lake was ever so enticing, and so instead, he remained. He unbuttoned his black shirt and let it hang loose, instead, around his shoulders, and then located a lovely sloping boulder to perch upon, toes in the cool flowing water of the tributary. Bayani sat, then, with his elbows against his cloth-clad thighs and blue crystal pendant rolling between his fingers from where it remained on the chain. He examined the necklace crystal's curves with a deft, silent curiosity so familiar, pleased to sit in silence among the flowing water.

((500+)) Midafternoon, Lake Ligeia.

Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Her hand was on the necklace, fingers twisting the chain as one did hair. The crystal bumped against her palm and then spun back to hit her clavicle. A hum in her throat echoed out, something a little eerie to a passerby to hear. Ondine spun through the trees, enjoying the dappling of the sun through the leaves and against her pale arms. At the break for the lake, she stepped lightly forward and found her body jerking at the unexpected sight of a stranger sitting a ways away from her, across the way.

A shattering echoed through her very veins as the blue crystal bounced in front of her eyes and she watched it as though the world had slowed down.

It snapped off of her neck and her heart hammered stupidly in her ears. It was deafening and it was all she could do not to yell at her own body for being so terribly loud in a moment of crisis. To her credit, she did not scream or yell or screech as she wanted to, instead crying out a sudden "no".

Ondine lurched forward, uncaring over the condition of her dress as she went in as deep as she could. Bent over, she ignored the water soaking into the hem of her dress, pulling it tightly against her legs and tail. Frantically, her fingers dug around wildly, dinging stones and something that felt ominously like a turtle shell. A beak was soon to follow, forcing the woman to yelp out in pain, jerking upright with one hand clutching at the afflicted finger.

"No, no, no," she cried out, shaking out her hand. Instantly, she was once more bent over and her hands roving in the murky water. A hint of blue here, a flash of sun off the water ripples there, and she was truly afraid that the blue bauble was missing forever. It already began to eat a hole in her heart, a missing piece of her. Ondine looked up, her eyes landing on the person responsible, and she yelled, "Don't just sit there, help me!"

I.. don't know, i'm sorry, this is a weird one.

Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
DEAD
Gen
Luperci Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:30 am

He examined the pattern in which the ripples of water contracted from the disturbance of his feet on the surface, curious at what types of fish may reside in such a lake, or other various creatures who made their inhabitance within. These thoughts flickered like lights among the folds of Bayani's mind, almost desperate to seek something idle rather than mull over any thought with the weight of significance. Swindon and its past would always be something dark to drip over the corners of his mind, the sight of a mother's warm and affectionate eyes eliciting an unfamiliar pang in his well-conditioned heart. When the Associate identified that, indeed, his mind was wandering to these lost places unwelcome, he made a conscious effort to return to the present and the lake's reflective picturesque surface. He considered returning home and risking the appearance of a summon; the quiet, he realized, was perhaps not so good for an often-troubled mind.

A voice, light and feminine and oddly distraught was sudden on his ears, and Bayani's mismatched gaze cut along with the twist of his head to glance backwards, to a figure dressed in once-spotless garments, now kneeling- strangely enough- among the muck of a river. Her hair fell into her face and her fine wear became more dirtied by the minute as she continued frantic movements, and Bayani could only stare, his mind too surprised to act on its usual dime-quick momentum. He remained stony still until striking blue eyes met his own, accusing in their glow. She made a demand, and while a flare of defiance kindled his chest- it always would- he obeyed without thought. With all the deft movement of one well-versed in grace, Bayani picked his way across the river's shore until he reached the woman's side, his own toes- and then pant-knees, when he kneeled beside her- growing muddier and more dirty by the moment. He didn't respond aside from staring at her for a heartbeat and then plunging his own arm into the depths of the water, pulling his dark shirtsleeve up as far as possible to his arm before the hem was forced to become wet. His approach was very different from her own; while he had no idea what he sought for, he roved the silt of the river with slow, searching movements, encountering many strange forms in the few seconds he sought. Silence lapsed aside from the sucking of the mud at their shins and sloshing of the water around the bicep of his arm until the Associate suddenly closed his fingers and pulled his hand from the water, from which was tangled the shine of a broken chain, the blue crystal pendant dirty but still clinging to its line. Bayani held the necklace up to hang before the strange woman's face, an offering. "I didn't mean to startle you." He said, because he assumed that was the only thing that could cause such an incident. When the blue-eyed stranger took the necklace back, the Grimm's eyes darted to her hand, where a wounded finger remained. "Are you alright?" He inquired, innocently, but didn't move to touch her.

((500+)) I loved it tbh?? <3 i am molasses-slow

Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:42 pm

Hands frantically dug around in the dirt, letting them go over every little bit. She could feel her skin being pricked by sharp shale and pointy pebbles. The snapping turtle's bite stung in the murky water, but Ondine could not say that she paid it any attention at that particular moment. Something more pressing pulled at her mind.

The motion made the water an earthen slurry and the smell rose up with it. It was not unpleasant but it did not do her any emotional justice. If anything, it made the woman's hands bumble around in the water with more urgent haste.

The man's voice rang out finally; she had not noticed him joining her in the search thanks to her laser-focused rummaging. His apology filtered into her brain as Ondine stood herself up, realizing her pose had stiffened her lower back and shoulders. Water dripped from her soaking appendages, plopping back into the dirtied river.

Ondine's eyes glittered as she carefully took the necklace into her waterlogged fingers. It had a thin later of muck on it that she rubbed away on her black dress. It was going to need cleaning anyway from how deep she had gone and with what fanaticism she had splashed about. Mud and water dotted her from the waste down, and more than a few drops peppered her torso.

"Thank you, it's just.. it's important to me," she said, almost weakly. It seemed a rather vague explanation for her impassioned search, but she could not let herself say why she cared so much for the damn necklace. "I'm okay, I think," she added, lifting up her hand toward the man, twisting it a little to see the turtle bite; it was bleeding. "Oh, I guess I'm not okay," Ondine said finally, laughing airily as a bead of red slipped down her fingers and into the slowly settling water.

i'm so sorry about the wait D:

Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Salsola
DEAD
Gen
Luperci Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:15 pm

The Grimm was dirty with mud and fishy-smelling water, and rather uncomfortable where he knelt- slowly sinking- on the spongy ground, and found himself vaguely exasperated. This near-annoyance, however, dissipated with each passing moment that was peace in the former frantic dash. He had the opportunity to return to a level-headed disposition and understood that being short or anything less than kind to any Salsolan would most certainly not bode well for his reputation. Reputations seemed to be as valuable as any material good in this strange, alluring kingdom. And it was impossible for him to say he would ever deny assisting the eyes of a pretty woman, which this stranger certainly was, splattered with muck and all. The Arbiter's dirty dress was rather appealing in a different way and translated to Bayani that she cared about something above appearance. Such was always an important fact to note.

With some kind of reverence, the blue-eyed woman took the broken necklace from where he held it, and then apparently felt the need to explain her actions. The Associate did not repress the brief flash of a smile that stole across his face. With a dark, scar-laced hand dripping with water and muck, Bayani lifted a portion of a silver chain that held his own blue pendant around his neck, though the crystal was duller and more earthen-toned than the glory of the russet-toned woman's. "I understand." Was all he responded with, moving then to close the first few buttons of his black and now-damp shirt. His mismatched gaze cut back up to the coydog's fingers when she muttered in dull surprise. On instinct, he reached out to gently grip her wrist and tip the injury to where he could view it, careful to avoid touching and dirtying it further. "Something down there sure doesn't like your fingers." It was apparent the wound was not a simple scrape- something had assaulted her limb. Realizing a handful of moments later that he should not grab a strange woman's hand without consent, Bayani quickly released her with an apologetic smile, instead choosing to nod his muzzle towards the stream. "If you hold it under running water it should help keep it clean." The mottled dog, with several moments of sticking movement, eventually pulled himself to a stand and then offered the blue-eyed femme a hand to pull her to her own feet so that they could move to the cascades of running river upstream. "What is your name, miss?"

((400+)) this is so late I want to die I'm so sorry!! ;n;

Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Ondine couldn't help but offer the man a smile at the sight of his own little pendant necklace around his neck. They were comrades in that, then, in having a necklace that meant quite a bit. At least he had a far more secure way of hiding it beneath his shirt; Her dresses did not do it justice and often had to be hidden barely beneath her hem. Or between her chest, naturally.

Of course the smile was relatively quickly eradicated as the man twisted her wrist upward. His comment made her snort. Clearly something about this particular place did not like her very much. First, she lost the necklace that meant so much to her. Then, she ended up with a large gash on her hand from something that lurked beneath the surface of the water. And, even more unfortunately, she felt like she had presented a rather disheveled appearance to this man whom she had never really met before. It was a great, great way to start anything.

The male let go of her hand suddenly, and she was unsure why. Her look of confusion was short-lived, however. He righted himself first and rose from the stream, offering her a hand. She eyed it for a moment before placing her uninjured palm upon his and let her fingers curl naturally around his hand. His strength pulled her up and she rose rather ungracefully, stumbling slightly in the muck.

They moved toward the clearer running, and Ondine was eager to clear her feet of the slippery sensation of mud. Her hand in his, he asked her name, and she split a smile for him. "Ondine. You're new here, aren't you?" she asked, though she need not have. She had been born here and she knew the faces that came and went. His was not known to her, so clearly he was a newcomer.

Ondine Heiwa

Salsola
DEAD
Gen
Luperci Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

Dead Topics