This is the road to ruin and we're starting at the end

P. Save

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:43 am

Avinalora
"I don't know where you're going, But do you got room for one more troubled soul?"
Word Count: 436
OOC: Optime | Colchester Quarter | Early August

Yeah, Avinalora might be a bit clumsy :) This is an early post because I have to get ready for school!

It was a quiet day in . A foxlike female walked through the forest. She was looking for herbs she could gather, particularly the ones that treated wounds. The silver jackal relied mostly on her nose and ears due to her lack of vision. She didn’t feel that her eyesight was a problem as the jackal mutt found that tracking herbs through smell was much more efficient than looking for them.

The healer and her brother, a trapper had decided to venture off of Prince Edward island for many reasons. Jarix wanted to visit traders and see what there was to trade. Avinalora came along because she wanted to get some new items and she wanted to meet others. They had brought Jasper, Onyx, Tyler, and Eclipse as the creatures were quite used to life on the road.

As of the moment, the darkling was busy getting things to exchange, he was making traps, getting pelts, and whittling. The moon-washed maiden was stocking up on herbs and would later make poultices that would probably be worth something. The pair knew that they would probably do quite a bit of trading and knew that it was always best to bring a lot of goods to barter so that they could get their desired items.

The she-jackal, clad in her normal summer apparel picked up a familiar scent. She followed the aroma to the source. The vixen didn’t have to worry much about trees as those were large enough for her to avoid, but she couldn’t avoid the times when she didn’t notice a stick or rock that she was bound to trip over. This one one of those times.

A tree root stuck out in the raven haired girl’s path. An unseen culprit as the female mostly saw blurs of color. The monochrome belle fell forward tripping over the obstacle. She soon found herself staring at the forest floor, close enough to count the specks of dirt. Luckily, the Pollux had fell with her hands in front of her, keeping herself from face planting.

The former loner swore as she took a quick inventory of her functions. There was no shooting pain or smell of blood. She rolled over onto her back and pushed herself into sitting position and checked her foot. The mist-furred female didn't see any crimson staining her fur and she didn't see any bone fragments poking through the skin. That was good. She flexed her toes to check if they were still working which they were. She was lucky that she hadn't been walking very fast or she probably would have been injured.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Slave was walking through, keeping a casual eye out for any small prey. The female always did this, even if she wasn't hungry. The wolf's search was disrupted by a sound of someone falling. She turned her head towards the sound, and caught the scent of several in the close area, but one was closer. Normally she would not bother to go to the scent of a stranger, but it would be wise to see if they were greatly injured. So she changed her strides, and soon came across the white fox like canine. Her ears twitched in interest "Are you all right?"

There was no smell or sight of blood, so that in the least was good. Her eyes quickly took in the plants around them, looking for ones that would be good for sprains. Just in case...it was injured in that way. She bent and picked at some nearby "Movement is good?" she was not a healer, but she could show concern when it was needed. The black wolf moved so she was in front of the other, holding the plants close, so that she was ready with them if they were needed. "Any pain at all??"

202 words
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Avinalora
"Wearing our vintage misery, no I think it looked a little better on me!"

The vixen froze as she heard a voice ask her if she was okay. She had been too concerned about her foot and hadn't kept her ears pricked. She should have guessed that her cry and falling would have drawn someone towards her. The she-jackal turned towards the direction the question came from and was greeted by the sight of an scarred, ebony-furred woman. She was surprised to see that the female was missing an arm but her face didn't show it.

The moon-washed maiden took in the scent of the night-hued being. She couldn't smell any fresh scents of individuals on her so she guessed her new acquaintance was a loner. She carried a slight smell of herbs that calmed the foxlike girl as she shared a respect for fellow healers.

"No blood, bones poking out, and I can still feel by toes," Avinalora reported as she stood up. She then noticed that the leg she had been checking was her left leg. "Its always the left leg" The female thought as she put a bit of weight on the appendage. If she could put weight on it then she was fine. Out of the corner of her right eye, she saw the loner pick some herbs. "There's the comfrey I was looking for!" She said to herself. "You should keep that comfrey for another patient really needs it." The healer advised. Most of the medics she had known offered their skills as either a payment or just healed others. The Pollux did both, she traded her skills or she used them on those she deemed as "patients".

The former loner hoped that the raven colored Luperci didn't see her trip over the root that a normal person would have noticed. She did a good job of hiding her handicaps from others as she didn't want people to think less of her. Her lame left leg that caused her slow speed could easily be passed off as having short legs. Though she hadn't had a situation where she had to run because then someone would notice that the ravenette wouldn't run. Her near-blindness, being blind in one eye ad near-sighted in the other was probably the hardest to conceal. But she tried.

The monochrome canine decided to introduce herself. "I'm Avinalora from Midnight Shores." She said. Saying that she was from Midnight Shores still sounded foreign to her as she had always been a loner. But she would have to get used to it. "Thanks for helping me."

OOC:Rushed post is rushed. Stupid school.
Word Count: 419
template by revo. <3

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:12 pm

Slave stood as the other did, looking to the plants in her hands. Oh, the other female thought her a healer now. "I...gathered these for you actually. Thought your leg may be strained, or just hurting in general. You may have them if you are a healer." she held out the plants to the other. Slave didn't always know the names of plants, but you didn't really need to know the names to know their uses. "I am glad that you are not badly hurt, I heard you fall, so thought I would see if you needed help...."

The black wolf's ears twitched back for a moment. Midnight Shores? Another pack of these lands, more than likely. The other females name...Avinalora?? Slave hoped she could remember it if she needed to use it later. The scent on her was nice, though it seemed there were still others nearby "There are...others with you out here?" she looked around somewhat cautiously, not really fearing a ambush...but making sure, just in case. It would be nice to go without a fight for a while in these lands. The female returned her gaze to the white female after making a check of the area. Then she remembered to give her own name "I am Slave"

218 words
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Avinalora

"The best of us can find happiness in misery"

A shy smile pulled at the edges of the moon-washed maiden's maw. She dipped her head in gratitude towards the ebony woman for her concern and help. Most loners would have ignored the fallen female but the woman had stopped and offered her aid. She was surprised that the black wolf had offered the herbs. Avinalora always kept several different poultices in her satchel at all times in case of emergency. Did she not consider herself a healer? The vixen considered anyone who could heal others a medic.

"Thank you for helping me" The jackal mutt said. She would remember the dark-furred woman's scent so that she wouldn't freak out if the crossed paths again.

Then, the night-hued loner became nervous after she mentioned her pack and then inquired if anyone accompanied her. Did she think she was going to be ambushed? The healer's scent must have become more like the pack that she hailed from. Did the woman fear packs? The mist-hued girl had never feared packs as she had traveled so far to join one.

"The only other person out here is my brother, Jarix. And if someone was planning to ambush you, they wouldn't send someone who can't fight their way out of a cloth bag. And the only other souls out here are my companions Jasper the pony, Eclipse the cat, Onyx the raven, and Tyler the owl." The foxlike female replied. She made sure to mentioned everyone in their party so that the dark Luperci was aware of all here.

Word Count: 255

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:47 pm

"I...you are welcome." Slave relaxed only slightly as it was mentioned that only one other canine was nearby. The other names caused her to tilt her head slightly "That...is quite a few animals." were they pets to the other female? How odd. The black female straightened her head "I am not used to so many packs in one area is all..." the black female adjusted her coat, and looked up to the trees, to see if she could catch sight of the flying companions to Avinalora.

After a moment, she lowered her gaze again. "Midnight Shores....yet another pack to remember. The scents for each seem different so far though..." she scratched at her neck a thoughtful look coming over her features "I should perhaps join one soon...it does not seem wise to stay a loner here." now she was speaking her thoughts out loud, what was it with strangers getting her so chatty lately? The black female bowed her head slightly "I apologize, I speak to much..." It must have been annoying to hear her ramble on in such a way. It was certainly not a normal habit of hers. Slave raised her head to see what sort of reaction her rambling had gained from the white fox like female.

214 words
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:42 pm

Avinalora
"Make a wish on our sorry little hearts"
Optime | Colchester Quarter | Early August
Sorry about the delayed reply!
WORD COUNT

The vixen felt better once Slave relaxed a bit. She saw the night-colored head tilt at the mention of her many companions and another smile graced her face. "Jarix and I found them and they were either young or hurt and we nursed them back to health and raised them." She said while running her hand through her raven hair. The moon-washed maiden didn't think that her four animal friends would be considered a lot.

Avinalora was quite surprised when the ebony loner mentioned the pack scents. She had only interacted with mostly Midnighters and some who she had smelled a pack-scent on which was only about two. The heterochromia-afflicted girl was pulled from her thought when the black Luperci mentioned joining a pack. That sent the ravenette's thoughts back to the memories of the jackal siblings trying to figure out what pack to join. They had asked many loners who seemed familliar with the packs before making their choice. The pair felt that joining a pack would be much safer, especially after that fiasco in Western Tangles.

The foxlike girl was snatched from memory lane as Slave apologized for rambling. "Don't apologize for voicing your thoughts." She responded. The Pollux didn't even notice that she was rambling. "But I'll give you a bit of my own experience on figuring out what pack to join. My brother and I asked every single loner and soul we came across about the packs and we decided on Midnight Shores over the other nine packs. Find what fits you best."

Template by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:52 pm

Slave frowned deeper than normal for a moment. What pack...fit her? How was she supposed to figure that one out? It would for sure be one where it was easy for her to travel away, and then back again. There was still time to figure it out...but she felt that the sooner that she did decide, the better. The black female pushed all those thoughts to the side for the moment, they could be picked at later. "I have not met...many others yet. The few I have were all from packs." she was pretty sure that not one was a loner such as she was.

The black female shifted her weight slightly again, feeling that she was running out of things to talk about. Being the type not to talk much had it's disadvantages at times like this. The black wolf felt like the silence was stretching to a uncomfortable one, though only seconds had passed since she had spoken. The optime supposed that she would have to rely on the white female to fill in the space this time around. Her red eyes looked to the other, waiting patiently for any sound to break the silence.

201 words
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:35 am

Avinalora
Sometimes, quiet is violent

The vixen watched silently as she saw Slave thinking. She could guess that the female was thinking about what pack she would join. Once the jackal siblings had the three packs they had filtered out from the ten packs, they talked to a few more loners before making their decision.

"You're lucky that you met some pack members, we just went off what loners said." The healer said. She didn't mention the fight she and Jarix had gotten in to with that dog from a southern pack. That was probably the reason they chose a very northern pack. Still, Avinalora didn't hate whatever pack the male had come from as she only held grudges against people, not groups.

The foxlike female didn't notice that there was much silence. She had never minded it and silence allowed her to think. She was quiet person. And then she saw the ebony loner become uncomfortable with the silence and then the Pollux decided to pull their conversation out of silence. She searched her brain for something to say.

"So, what are your professions?" The healer asked. That was a good question as it would allow her to learn more about her new acquaintance. She could guess that the woman had other skills. She considered herself a healer, scholar, a wordsmith, and somewhat of a scout. She was exceptional in healing, a bit of a scholar and was quite interseted in books, a wordsmith as she enjoyed writing songs and thinking of stories, and her hyperconsious helped her to detect most things that were within a twenty food radius of her.

((ooc)) Word Count:267 | Thank you universe for making Owl City because I would heave never finished this without them :)

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Slave gave a small nod as it was said that she had luck in meeting members of packs. Perhaps not good luck, per say, but still luck. Then the white female granted her wish, and spoke a question for her to answer. "Professions? Do you mean my skills??" it was perhaps safe to assume as much "I am good at tracking, and know plants enough to know which are good for small injures. I can defend myself in a fight if I need to as well." she hoped that was the information that the other female had been searching for. It certainly seemed the type of thing a profession might be.

"What of you? What are your...professions?" she asked out of genuine curiosity. It would be nice to learn of others....not a habit she was used to having. The black optime was better at being silent, and letting others speak. The more others speak, the more she learned, and could use while doing her work, whenever she was hired. Of course, she tended to filter out what she deemed not useful to her searches....but it was still interesting to hear others carry on with their tales at times.

201 words
Loners
Wolf
Dale
Luperci

Dead Topics