Crown fit for a prince

Iorek

POSTED: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:15 am

[246]

Arlen was in a rare state. Or rather, rare for him. Typically the 'prissy' boy, as some thought of him, would never be caught dead without an adequate ensemble of appropriate clothing. However, typically the boy wouldn't be kneeling in the mud. Arlen had enough respect for his clothing to remove it and put it elsewhere.

So the young prince knelt in the wet dirt of his the garden his brother often tended to. His red knees grew stained by soil as he leaned forward, slender fingers gently separating the stems of blooming flowers. He examined each one in turn, looking for perfections, imperfections. Anything that would serve him well in this.

Was there a rhyme or reason in what he did? No, not really. But before twenty minutes had past, there were a series of impressions on the ground near various blooming plants where the Stryder had been, and at most of the plants, there was a certain... barrenness to them that hadn't been there before. Arlen was always careful to leave some, but the pile of blossoms in the crook of his elbow was steadily growing. He held a myriad of them, all different shapes and sizes, though there quite a few large orange lily flowers. Or perhaps they just commanded one's attentions. He made sure to also grab the tiny buds that had not yet bloomed. They didn't make much on their own, but they added a certain something to the finished product.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Iorek
Notes:Word Count:
Optime | Day | July | Gardens
OOC

A massive beast shambled Casa di Cavalieri, entering the gardens. He stood in Optime form, a terrifying creature with his large height and broad build. He was shaggy-furred and his bobbed tail and small rounded ears made him seem like a bear. He stood with a very hunched posture with his large arms curled towards his chest, making him seem even smaller than he was. He had a broad muzzle that came from his dog heritage. A rough mane ran down his back and he wore no clothing.

His fur was a mess of brown hues on a tan canvas that dulled in some areas. His saddle was a painted mess of brown splatters and the saddle stopped at his ears. His face was dipped in dark brown as well as half of his legs. An off-white hue graced his pelt as well: streaking his shoulder, splashing his chest, and tipping his tail. He had blood-red eyes.

Iorek had a full belly but he wasn't used to being around large groups of people and these human structures. He didn't know where to sleep and just curled up anywhere he could find. He remembered being told that he could pick out a room in the Courthouse, but those words held no meaning to him. The feral hybrid had no idea what those words meant, yet nodded in response to the instruction.

Soon, the bear-like boy saw a familiar red coat, Arlen! He walked slowly in his Optime form while upright and instead dropped to four legs. The awkward manner of movement was quicker than his walking upright, though not as fast as his Secui form. He saw the boy playing with flowers and was curious about it. What could the boy possibly be doing with flowers? The brown-painted beast padded closer on four legs, not exactly quietly.

W-What d-doing...w-with f-flowers? The brown behemoth asked.

NPS Photo / Nathan Kostegian

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:39 pm

[239]

Iorek wasn't exactly the most stealthy creature in Casa. In fact, he was far from it. What with his hulking build, strange figure, and apparent inability to actually walk right in his optime form, Iorek was far from hidden.

The red headed boy hummed softly to himself as his acquaintance approached. "Hello, Iorek," he said without looking up from his work. His voice was soft, patient. Right now he was in his element. "I am picking flowers right now, wanna join me?" He finally turned to look at the red-eyed fellow, an orange lily held in his hands an a big smile on his face.

Iorek's strange, broken speech was slowly becoming familiar to Arlen from their tour of Halifax, but it still caught him off guard every now and again. "Hmm? I'm gonna make a crown out of'em." The Stryder looked to his hill of flowers, suddenly dawning upon him just how many he'd taken. Embarrassment flushed his cheeks. "Er, I don't think I need any more."

He held his bundle tight to his chest like a baby, finally rising from the dirt. "I'm gonna go down to the river to make'em. You wanna come?" Arlen was never one to turn down company, especially that of someone he didn't know. Much to his parents' distress, the boy acted like he'd never met a stranger yet. Everyone was his best friend. Even if they didn't know it yet.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:22 am

Word Count → 183
Optime | Day | July | Gardens
OOC

Iorek looked up and nodded. He was happy to pick flowers. Flowers were pretty and smelled nice. He loved flowers and he immediatly moved forward, plucking up some white daisies. The wolfdog had a shy smile on his face and he picked a few.

The bear boy perked when he heard the word "crown". He had no idea what that word meant. His head tilted and a puzzled look graced his face. "W-What c-crown?" The hybrid beast asked before realizing how he phrased the question. He then corrected himself, "W-what i-is c-crown?"

The red-eyed recruit noticed the pile of flowers next to Arlen. That was a lot of flowers. The red-furred male picked the flowers up and asked if the former loner wanted to join him. The yearling nodded and picked up the few flowers he picked and rose to his feet, he didn't really like moving in this manner, but he didn't want to crush the flowers. The brown behemoth was taller than his friend, even with his hunched posture and the hands holding the flowers were curled close to his chest.

Silverfrost

POSTED: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:02 am

Arlen Stryder
WC: 358 | OOC: :P

Arlen watched the bigger canine stoop down to pluck some white daisies. They were pretty flowers, a little common for Arlen's flamboyant nature, but they were versatile. That made them useful as accents in larger projects or even just as accessories within a home. The boy couldn't do much now, but when he had a house of his own, he dreamed of covering it in flowers and pretty things. Life was just better that way, no?

The Stryder prince was jolted back into reality by Iorek's questions. Of all the questions he'd been asked before, this one didn't really surprise him that much. Crowns weren't exactly found often in nature unless you were talking about the top of your skull or the crest on a bird trying to attract a mate. Which was actually a great analogy if he'd thought to use it. "It's a uh... A circle that you put on your head." He made his fingers form just that and showed him where it would rest. "In stories, human kings - remember, humans? Like the city I showed you? - their alphas wore them made of metal to show that they were kings. I make'em outta flowers 'cause they look pretty." He shrugged away the symbolism of them. "They don't mean much anymore."

With bundle of flowers in tow, he lead Iorek out of the raided garden and down to the river bank. Without much grace or flourish, he plopped down on the ground and dropped his flowers between his legs before patting the ground beside him. "Here, I'll show you!" He picked through the blooms trying to sort them as best as he could in the mess that they were.

"Okay, which ones are your favorites? I'll start with those." When Iorek pointed them out, Arlen would pluck a few out and set them to the side. He held two up in front of him. "You gotta start with two and you twist their stems together like this..." It was easier to show than explain, but he was careful to let Iorek see his fingers and began to form his crown far slower than he usually did.

image credit

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:25 am

OOC236

Iorek listened as Arlen described what a crown looked like. He wasn't sure what metal was, though flowers were pretty. A pretty crown sounded good to him. He nodded, understanding what a crown was. He didn't fully understand it, but grasped the basics. The wolfdog didn't question further since his questions might be too hard to answer.

The brown behemoth followed the red-furred boy. He walked a bit slower, his posture very hunched and feral. His hands were curled up at his chest, looking like a dinosaur. He made a mental note about the presence of a river. He loved water and it was useful to cool off in. The bear boy sat down near the green-eyed Cavalier and placed the flowers on the pile.

When the Stryder asked the red-eyed recruit to pick the flowers he liked, he gazed over the flowers, brow furrowing slightly. Pink was a nice color and the flowers were pretty, too. He pointed at the pink flowers and said, "P-Pink pretty." He said and then decided that a splash of other hues were needed. His crimson eyes looked over the pile again, his gaze pulled towards the white flowers. "W-White n-nice."

Then, the hybrid male began making the crown. He showed the brown-painted yearling how to make a crown and he watched avidly. The hybrid beast wanted to remember how to make a flower crown so he could make more.

Form:Time:Date:Place:
OptimeDayJulyCdC

Silverfrost

POSTED: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:52 am

[304]

"Pink," Arlen murmured, plucking a few tiny blush colored blooms out of his pile. "And... white!" Proudly he flourished a handful of bright white daisies. He held them together, pleased with the effect, before showing them to Iorek. "Will these do or would you like a different set of flowers?"

While Iorek looked at them, he pulled a few pink roses and paired them with white babies breath. "I can do it like this too," he flourished the new bouquet at the feral boy. Quite possibly, the Cavalieri prince was overwhelming his companion, but he was just too excited to contain himself. He soft smile, his nimble fingers, this was his truest happiness.

When Iorek had made up his mind, red fingers twirled the stems in his hands. Slowly, he wove them together. He started with two of the biggest, brightest flowers. Every few blossoms, he braided in an accent flower. "When I first started, I could never make them stick together," his admittance was not an embarrassed one. If anything, it was proud in as far as he had grown. Now, he acted more on instinct and muscle memory than true skill. "And sometimes, I would end up snapping the stems and ruining the entire flower."

Soon, Iorek's circlet was finished. Grinning, Arlen crowned his new friend. His tail wagged with pleasure at the sight of the pale petals contrasting with a dark brown pelt. "You look lovely!"

After his friend's was made, the Stryder turned back to his pile, determined to continue. "I'm gonna make a few more, you can make some too if you want." This time, it was orange lilies paired with small yellow flowers with black centers. This crown was made far faster than the first. "I make lots, both for myself and friends and for the cows sometimes."

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:07 am

Iorek sniffed the pink white bouquet. The flowers that Arlen had selected were very pretty. A smile broke across his face as he nodded. These were pretty flowers and he liked the bright hues. The white reminded him of the winter months and of clouds. His bobbed tail wagged the best it could as the Stryder boy showed him a new bouquet. The wolfdog liked them as well and nodded.

The brown behemoth watched as the red-hued boy began making the flower crown. He committed each movement to memory, wanting to make more flower crowns in the future. He had a knack for learning skills like this. He hoped that he would be able to be as good as his friend. The chocolate-saddled beast also listened to the hybrid's speech, flicking his small ears in response.

Then, the green-eyed boy finished the crown and the red-eyed recruit smiled as the crown was paced on his head. He smiled as his pack mate complimented his appearance. He looked as happy as a puppy and seemed like he would have been jumping up and down. "Th-thanks," The crimson-eyed Cavalier said.

Then, the young knight invited the hybrid beast to make a crown. "I-I w-wanna t-try." He said and then began picking up flowers of many different colors. With focus, he began weaving two flowers together. And then his friend said a new word that made his head tilt as he looked back from his work. "Wh-What's a-a c-cow?" He asked. Once he received the answer, the bear boy began weaving more flowers, copying exactly what his friend had done.

Form:Time:Date:Place:
OptimeDayMonthPlace

Silverfrost

POSTED: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:37 pm

[313]

Arlen giggled at the joy on the new Cavalier's face. Iorek was so easy to make happy. The crown was a little smaller than Arlen had intended, for Iorek was much larger than the Stryder was used to making crowns for.

After Iorek’s crown was done, Arlen turned to make more. He showed the beginner again, although he was faster than before. He watched, patiently, as Iorek attempted to form his own. The bear-like luperci’s was a little sloppy and looked like it would fall apart at a slight tug or the whisper of a breeze, but the pattern of the weave was sound and Arlen nodded and smiled in encouragement. “Practice makes perfect. You just gotta keep making a lot more, okay?”

Green stems were woven together with great ease, orange and yellow petals fitting together nicely until it was a whole ring. Smiling after inspecting his work, Arlen set it aside to begin a new one. This one was a wreath of pretty purple flowers he had no name for. He added no other blooms, only leaves and branches from other plants. The purple was beautiful enough to stand alone.

It was when Iorek spoke again that Len paused. His jaw dropped a little, ears folded back in dismay. Now what do you say to someone so completely ignorant of the world? Sure, he was certain he’d been the same way once too, but to see it in person was baffling and a little humbling in honesty. He hummed, setting the unfinished crown on his knee before turning to Iorek. “You’ve seen cows before, I know. There are four of them in the fort.” He pointed in the direction of the pasture, though there were buildings blocking it from view. “They’re fatter and slower than horses. Two big ones with a baby each. Two black, two brown.”

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Word Count → 163
Optime | Day | Summer | CdC
OOC

Iorek nodded in response to Arlen's assessment. He knew that practice was good and he would make more flower crowns later. He enjoyed this new skill and would use it a lot. Flower crowns were so pretty and he loved flowers. He sniffed the flower crown and then compared it to the one his friend had made. He needed a lot of practice, but he would get better. The wolfdog smiled in response, "L-Lots m-more."

So that's what those things were. The brown behemoth had no idea what the big animals were. He had limited interactions with hoofed animals and considered them to be prey, though he didn't want to get in trouble. He didn't know anything about the domesticated animals past cats. The hybrid brute nodded.

"F-Food?" The red-eyed recruit asked. He considered most hoofed animals to be food. But the Stryder boy's sour look and deadpan response of "No" said everything. Cows were not food. "N-Not f-food." The crimson-eyed Cavalier said.

Silverfrost

Dead Topics