Well now, what is this?

tag Auspicium

POSTED: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Gabriel watched the flashing of the strange silvery metal in the water. He couldn't quite reach it, unless he got wet, and the air and water were cold this time of year. However, it might be something valuable, or useful, both things a loner and trader like himself needed. He shrugged off his light weight leather armor, set his bow, knife, and pack snugly into a root bowl at the bottom of a tree, and slipped into the water, growling a bit at the shock of cold, knowing his fur would take time to dry after this.

He slipped down into the water, took a breath just as his chin hit the surface and dove. Down he went. It wasnt as far one would think, but certainly further than it seemed from the surface. He reached the bottom, wrapped his hand around the silvery object, and pushed himself off the bottom, quickly rising, thanks to his push, and to the air trapped in his thick long fur that acted like cork.

He popped up, and made his way to edge of the surprisingly deep pond. He climbed out of the water, shook himself out, and stopped to inspect his find. Although it had obviously been in the water a long time, it showed no signs of corrosion. It was dirty, and had some kind of moss or algae growing it, most likely the latter, but wiping it off showed a bright silver material, that was lighter than it had any right to be.

He tucked the oblong, hollow tube into his pack, and giving himself one last shake, donned his armor, his bow, and his knife. Shrugging his pack onto his shoulders, he headed towards the sounds of rocky coast line. Eager for his first real look at the salt water lake called the ocean.

POSTED: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:29 pm

AUSPICIUM
➧➧ kinda sloppy post, oops ><
⟿ Word Count: [400+]
⟿ Date: 23rd Nov
⟿ Time:
⟿ Form: Optime

Auspicium's usually wandering spirit, inherited from his previous nomadic pack, had remained within the Anatheman territory for weeks on end. His paws started to crave the walk of long distances, they missed the ache and the fatigue. His senses demanded the state of alert his territory couldn't quite fulfill. And of course, his responsibility with his pack and his work often required him to leave the pack's boundaries for an undetermined amount of time.

The silver wolf could often be seen in secui form scavenging around the Sticks and Stones territory, picking up right about anything that could be added to his trade, wandering around already knowing the area as well as his own territory. This occasion was different, because even though his primary goal was to return to the Sunflower Sunsets to collect as many seeds as possible before winter struck, he was walking on two feet in his barely-used optime form, and was also seeking to trade with any loners or foreigners he could possibly encounter. The male didn't use his more humanized form often due to a plethora of reasons, but when he did, it was usually to keep his things more-or-less tidied up, like when he made his bundles of assorted herbs and bones, or when he needed to organize his makeshift personal storages.

Though he didn't like wearing clothing, the cinereal wolf wore a dark cloak, outer pockets neatly stuffed with bundles of what he had to offer and inner pockets hiding an old dagger for self-defense (which was quite useless taking into account he doesn't know how to use it). The cloak partially covered his light blue eyes, and a few strands of his long and unkempt black hair were peeking out. The awkward feeling of the fabric brushing against his body added to the long optime hair and the difference between travel times made him slightly regret the decision.

Early in the morning, he had arrived at the field but after completing his task Auspicium ended up wandering near the ocean, the scent of the salt water captivating him and filling up his nostrils. His attention then shifted from the ocean to the sounds of a stranger, who seemed to have rescued a shiny object from deep down a pond. The Anatheman hid behind the tallgrass and observed the wolf-looking loner from the distance, fixating on the stranger's new, notorious find. As he saw the stranger leave, Auspicium got back to his feet and decided to catch up with the stranger, determined to get his hands on the shimmering object.

"That is a lovely find you just rescued." The silver optime commented, standing behind the stranger. "May I have a look at it?" He followed up with a calm tone. For a second he thought about stealing the object, but having seen the weapons the stranger carried the thought soon banished.

"Speech". Thinking.

GONE LIKE THE WAVES AND THE WIND YOU BREATHE

Template by Kitty, edits by Ad, image by Silvia Susen.

Loners
Wolf
ad
Luperci Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:40 am

Gabe would have jumped, under normal circumstances, but he had been training hard to not show surprise, since it could open him up to attack, instead he turned with a slight glare, but not outright aggression.

Seeing the assortment of goods, he grinned as he recognized another merchant.

"Perhaps an exchange of wares is in order? i would be very interested in seeing what you have to offer. And honestly although i dont know what the object is, i am fairly certain it has a high value. i also have tanned hides and smoked meat."

He nodded to the object as he once again extracted it. Holding it out for the other take and look over.

(Not a good post, brain is cooked from work lol. Metal is aluminum btw)

POSTED: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:38 pm

AUSPICIUM
➧➧ Out of Character text
⟿ Word Count: [300+]
⟿ Date: 23rd Nov
⟿ Time:
⟿ Form: Optime

The loner turned around with an initial bad-tempered expression, which then softened up upon seeing Auspicium was a fellow trader. "An exchange you say?" The wolf said as he looked at the loner's find. It seemed to be even shinier at a closer glance, it looked soft and silvery, but the smell didn't quite belong to actual silver. Light-blue eyes couldn't determine what the material was with a simple glance, but he was almost certainly sure the shiny object was fabricated with aluminum. "It is certainly worthy, but perhaps it would have added value if it were silver." he commented, "but with the hides and smoked meats our exchange can be even-handed." he added as he sifted through his pockets, "I have a range of objects I can trade with you," He said, confirming he wanted to trade with the wolfdog, "right about anything from dried herbs for healing and seasoning, berries for a well-deserved treat, seeds ready to be planted once spring comes by, gemstones mined by the best witches of Anathema, feathers, and bones for spells..." Once he was done speaking his hands were full of his bundles of objects.

"What I am offering you is speedwell, sourweed, sweet coltsfoot, and oregano, all useful for seasoning," he began explaining, moving onto the berries, "blueberries, raspberries, and cherries, sweet and savory." He then took a second to examine the canine, deciding it probably wasn't in his best interest to receive seeds. "Amethyst and smoky quartz, well polished and certainly attractive." Auspicium decided to show the loner the bones he had with him, even though he didn't look like the type of canine to do spells, "And fox bones, from the legs, paws, as well as the ribs." Knowing many got sensible when seeing canine bones, he avoided packing them from the beginning of his trip.

He purposefully didn't include the dagger with his offer, thinking he could be needing it later. The Seree gave the loner an expectant glance, waiting to see his offers.

"Speech". Thinking.

GONE LIKE THE WAVES AND THE WIND YOU BREATHE

Template by Kitty, edits by Ad, image by Silvia Susen.

Loners
Wolf
ad

POSTED: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Gabe nodded at the listed items. The herbs were more appealing than anything else, however, the stones could be traded again, for something of possibly greater value. He recalled how one of the elders of his clan, who had been teaching him trader-craft before he had changed the first time, had spoken of buying a sharks jaw full of teeth for the value of an entire load of Hickory the clan had carted across plains. The clan had thought him mad, but when they arrived at a resting place midway through their return journey, they had traded the shark's teeth individually, for items nearly five times the value of the hickory.

"I could be persuaded to trade the metal for gems. The hides and meat for spices. I could also be convinced to trade a few other...select items from my personal reserves for certain, non-material goods. Information on packs, areas i shouldn't tread if i wish to remain intact, places where i might find others to trade with."

He opened his pack and pulled out several pieces of copper, they were obviously old, and had been covered with oxidatize material recently, but were now clean, and there was quite a bit of usable metal, for use in such things as making a knife, or perhaps other items of interest.

He also pulled from his pack a large chunk of glassy looking rock.

"Obsidian, i traded for it some time ago, hoping to make arrows from it, however i lack the knowledge and skills to use it effectively and it would be a terrible waste for me to practice on it. I am sure you could make a tidy profit if you traded it to a skilled napper."

((Copper is old water pipe))

POSTED: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:56 pm

[341]

Auspicium looked closely at the loner's new offer, thinking about what information he would be able to share with the stranger. There wasn't much he knew about the packs of Souls', he even wasn't well-aware of the inner workings of his own pack, yet he didn't back down from the offer. The loner was right, Auspicium would be able to trade the obsidian and copper pieces for better objects for his personal gain, even id the state of the metal was deteriorated. Now what he had to do was share some vague information about packs and different trading spots, bear in mind these were his first months partaking in this activity after months dedicated to scavenging and hunting.

"Perhaps information I hold about certain packs would be very valuable for a canine like yourself," He began, thinking telling him the little he knew about other packs along with some recommendations would be useful to the stranger. "From what I've heard, two packs named Salsola and Inferni are waging a war as we speak. You might want to join whichever pack wins, but I do warn you to remain safe from their battles and proceed further from this territory with extreme caution." The wolf said, not having encountered any canines from said groups, luckily. "Any pack lands from this territory will gladly exchange some of their riches with you if approached politely and with caution, you should never trespass territories without explicit permission." Of course, he assumed the loner already knew most of those facts, but reminders of such were never enough. "And as for my own pack..." He was open to sharing the basics of his own pack, knowing a new joiner could come from anywhere and were much needed in times of need like the approaching winter. "We are a safe haven for misfits, for the outcasts, almost everyone is welcome without any judgments. I see you are very skilled, you would be easily welcomed into our lands if you wish to do so."
Loners
Wolf
ad

Dead Topics