Re: Now your world is way too fast

Iorek

POSTED: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:57 am

(+264)

Tackles/bringing a character to the ground typically counts as a hit in an RP fight, yes! :3

Also, for future reference! Going for pressure points doesn’t always translate that well in Lupus/Secui since they can’t really pinch/twist, “karate chop,” “punch,” or apply the proper amount of pressure in the right way needed to utilize such points with just paws alone. Certain ones can be accessed still via using one’s teeth, however, you’d have to run the fine line of accidentally breaking skin instead of just applying pressure!

Having taken her to the ground, he quickly froze upon realizing her sword between them. It was a potentially fatal mistake in a real fight. He left himself open to attack, and allowed for his enemy to have time to regroup after all of his hard work to put them at a disadvantage. It took everything in the Valiant to not yell at him for his rookie mistake. He couldn’t keep freezing in battle, it would eventually get him or his companions killed. The point of the spar though was to help each other get better though, and, for Teagan, there was no other way to make him realize his mistake more than to make him pay for it.

One learned more from making mistakes than they did from anything else.

With what little room there was between them, Teagan placed one hand down the length of her blade to support it, and aimed to bash the flat side of her weapon into his face as he came down upon her suddenly, jaws seeking to bite one of her shoulders. One of his large forepaws came up then, stomping his paw down where her shoulder met her body. Pain erupted from the contact, as it would for anyone being stepped on in such a place.

Anger spiked within her, as did the need for retaliation. She brought a knee up then, the toe of her foot moving upward in an attempt to either kick him in his manly parts or rake her foot into the flesh near it in a very clear threat.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
The Brotherhood: Master of Bladed Weapons
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Secui | Day | January | Sparring ring

365 Maybe we can start wrapping it up soon? I think both Iorek and Teagan have one hit left, I think?
Iorek: tackle + shoulder blow & Teagan: Slice + kick ?
Iorek will be trying to evade any attack Teagan makes now and staying far away, XD

See galleries for credit.

Iorek had not intended to stomp on Teagan's shoulder, but his paws didn't have the dexterity to aim for the armpit and his eyes had been elsewhere. Only a fraction of his weight was used though he was not light at all. On the bright side, the beast had thwarted a blow from the flat end of the woman's blade. However, he probably shouldn't have tried to use his paw since it was a lot less accurate than say, his muzzle. He heard the warrior grunt and saw her wince. His ears flattened against his head as his expression shifted to an "I messed up" face as his paw raised slightly and he gave an apologetic whimper. The wolfdog hoped that he hadn't done any lasting damage to the woman.

The massive medic expected something like a sword in the face in retaliation but was not expecting such a low blow from the Stryder woman. She kicked, her paw hitting the area where his hind leg connected to his body and way too close to another part of him. The hybrid beast yelped and jumped backwards and then backed up a couple of paces for a good measure. His ears flattened against his head as he crouched low to the ground, looking like a kicked puppy. He was tensed, ready to dodge out of the way if she tried to come at him again. The feral nurse was going back to his normal defensive and evasive tactics again since there was no way he was going to do that again.

The scarlet-eyed Sworn was in a crouch, not unlike a cat. His red eyes watched her and waited for whatever move she was going to make. He wasn't sure what to do now since there didn't seem to be any other way to win other than pinning her. But, he was not going to try pinning her on her back, that was for sure. The wooden sword was still a target, though he knew that there were other things to watch out for. The crimson-eyed Cavalier began circling around her, still low to the ground like a feline and waiting for the warrior to attack.

Silverfrost
Luperci Healer, Scavenger The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence
What I wanna save I will try

POSTED: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:59 am

(+518)

Yep, sounds good to me! And, yep, we both have 1 hit left! :3

He reacted—poorly, she realized with irritation—to having caused her pain. He looked regretful, and it made her angry. She wanted him to focus on the spar, to forget about how it effected his “enemy.” His action had hardly caused more than a discomfort, and it annoyed her that he would fret over something so small. Time and time again in their training sessions together or during the Syndicate conflict, he had shown a tendency to hold back or overreact to what he had seen or done.

It bothered the Stryder, because, one day, she was sure, such actions might get someone killed or allow them to be seriously injured.

His discomfort with the thought of hurting her gave her the edge she needed to get him off of her. Her foot managed to catch him in the soft, meaty part of his groin. It had missed his manly equipment, however, it had snapped a reaction out of him immediately. He yelped and quickly removed himself from hovering over her to prevent a second blow. With the behemoth’s body no longer keeping her effectively pinned, Teagan rolled to the side and up into a crouch.

When her canary eyes came upon him, she found him looking rather pathetic. Ears back, head held low and back arched as if he were trying to curl into himself. It was a look that reminded her of one of her siblings when they had gotten in trouble as a pup. A less hardened soul might have cooed at him or felt the need to comfort the giant. Not the Lionheart. Her mother’s blood ran strong in her.

Teagan rose to her feet, her sword ready. Iorek appeared reluctant to get in close again if his distance and pacing around her indicated anything. Like a true beast; wanting—needing to neutralize an enemy, but, hesitant after being hurt. Had Iorek actually been injured, the tactic might have worked in his favor. Biding time, letting one’s enemy tire themselves out from their frustration of the feral not attacking, but, still being very much of a physical threat. It would have given him the opening he needed when he did attack, and, without putting himself back in harm’s way unnecessarily.

Might was the keyword though. If the maneuvers were used on a fool or someone inexperienced, they would tire themselves away on the evasive Secui. A more intelligent enemy would find a way, and, it was for that that he needed to be prepared.

Iorek circled her, one of his usual tactics it seemed, and she made a few feints, gaging him and his willingness to fight her again. The Sworn evaded her in a manner much like a jumpy feline trying to investigate a striking snake. A few rounds they went of this before Teagan finally decided she’d had enough.

She moved towards him. She began with another feint, making the preparatory movements of a diagonal, upper cutting swing. At the last second though, she twisted her wrist, bringing the fake blade down into a simple, downward slice.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head

Iorek was wary as he padded around her. He didn't know what to do now that he had lost the advantage he had had when the Stryder was on the ground, though now it didn't seem as much as an advantage now in hindsight. He had an understanding of swords, though it was slight and mainly from seeing fights or Riley training. Though it was fairly obvious that the two warriors had different styles. Though he was still at lost when it came to fights likes these, against armed, two-legged opponents. The wolfdog had fought Veri before when she was in Optime and he was in Secui, though if that was any indicator, the beast had lost that spar.

If the massive medic had been more cunning, he could have used the pathetic look to catch a lesser opponent's sympathy or it would have caused them to lower their guard. But there was no way it would have worked on the Valiant, not a chance in hell. She got to her feet and had her sword at the ready which spurred the beast's evasive maneuvers to place as much distance as he could between them. Maybe he could tire her out or at least get her to put her guard down. Though, the feral nurse was sure that she wouldn't fall for his feints and fake lunges so most of his bag of tricks went out the window.

The brown behemoth managed to evade most of her feints towards him, treating the wooden sword like an actual sword, or the warrior like a dangerous snake. He was still scrambling for a plan of action though he didn't have much of an idea now. He had used all of his tricks on her, well he didn't have many tricks and most of his techniques were meant for feral-formed attackers. So, the chocolate-saddled brute was fresh out of ideas as he circled around her.

The crimson-eyed Cavalier noticed her movement, recognizing the indication of an uppercut, having seen it before. She was close and he went lower, not exactly sure as to what she was aiming to do. And then it changed, she came at him with a downward slice and it landed on his neck as he tried to scramble out of the way. Then, the scarlet-eyed Sworn lunged at the wrist and weapon, aiming to knock it out of her hand.

Iorek's aiming to try to take the sword off of her again. Maybe he could grab it from her somehow? And then not give it back XD401
Template by hilli | Art by Nat | Edits by Silverfrost

Silverfrost

POSTED: Sat May 05, 2018 6:21 pm

(+321)

We can probably end this with the next round since we’re both out of hits now? :O

After his close call with his manly parts, he had become even more wary of her movements and actions than he had been. It was annoying for the Stryder, who wanted more of a spar than the feeling of trying to beat some poor, unfortunate animal to death with a stick. He was nervous, reluctant to move in too close. He circled and dodged, evaded and scrambled out of range of her faux sword.

Likely, he had hoped to tire her out or frustrate her enough into making a rash mistake. Such a tactic would have worked in his favor with a less seasoned fighter and one more prone to hasty decision-making. And, both were a better option than Iorek simply being afraid of her. The behemoth was an obvious threat, if not for his ferocity, then for his size and potential for damage alone. Even she would not have let her guard down against the male in a true fight. In the spar though, she had wanted to see his capabilities to actually fight and attack an armed opponent.

Iorek fell for her feint, and her wooden weapon’s fake edge caught him in his neck. It was a strike that would have cost him dearly if her sword had had a true blade. He would have been cut, would have been bleeding, even with all of his excess fluff of his winter coat. Instead of getting out of range at the contact though, Iorek turned and offered an attack of his own.

His muzzle hit her hand just right, causing her grip to loosen as she backpedaled in her attempt to move out of range. One of his giant paws finished the job, smacking the weapon from her grip and sending it tumbling to the packed, snow-covered ground. She growled at being unarmed, but quickly switched to a defensive stance as the Sworn dove after the sword.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun May 06, 2018 11:01 pm

I am not a stranger to the dark.
"Hide away," they say,
"We don't want your broken parts"

Iorek was rather surprised that he had managed to knock the sword out of Teagan's hand. The lunge had been a last-ditch effort to do exactly what he had been trying to do from the start, to disarm the opponent. It was the only way the beast thought he could win the spar, although he had felt that he had been doomed from the start. Since he had already been "cut" by in the neck by the sword, he had probably lost the fight anyway. But, at least the halfling-formed wolfdog had the small satisfaction of disarming the Stryder, a master with a bladed weapon.

The massive medic dove after the sword, grabbing the handle in his jaws, though not hard enough to damage it. He was not letting this wooden object anywhere near the warrior princess since he knew what she was capable of with it. He knew she was at a disadvantage now, though with the sword in his jaws, he couldn't bite. So they were both at a disadvantage, he guessed. The beast was wary, even now, since there was no telling what the woman would do without her weapon. The feral nurse was watchful, his crimson eyes watching her every move.

The scarlet-eyed Cavalier circled around the tri-colored Cavalier, holding the sword in his muzzle, though he did not drag it against the ground. He was waiting to see what she would try to do, though he wasn't sure what she would do since he had never sparred against her without a weapon or when she was in a feral form. The beast stalked back and forth, waiting for her to make the next move. His fur was starting to flatten as he had the upperhand now, or at least he thought he did. He was still aware of the possible danger that the Valiant presented, though the crimson-eyed Cavalier felt that he could handle it.

Sounds great to me! 320

Silverfrost

POSTED: Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm

(+239)

Thanks for the thread! This is my last post!

He dove after her faux blade, however, instead of tossing it away or otherwise getting rid of it though, he held it in his mouth by the handle. She wasn’t sure what exactly he planned to do with his new prize. At the very least, it was kept out of her usage, however, it served him little other purpose. He couldn’t very well handle the blade as it was intended, after all, and any attempts to do so would have been rather sloppy with the limited movements one could make just tossing their head around.

Still, he circled her…and continued to circle her. He made no attempt to move in and fight, which meant he would likely only continue to evade and dodge her. It was his favored tactic. Make the enemy do most of the work. It only worked if his opponent was willing to play his game though. Teagan was not. She straightened, her hands falling down to her sides. It was clear from her stance that she was calling an end for the spar.

“You have a neck injury that would have been bleeding steadily by now. If you have no moves to make, your time is up, Iorek.” His favored move would have done little but cost him valuable time in a real scenario. The Stryder hoped this point was clear to him, even as simple as he often appeared to be.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat May 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Iorek
I won't just survive, Oh, you will see me thrive
Thanks for the thread! It was really fun~WORD COUNT

Iorek waited for an attack or retaliation, but there was none, no movement, no attempt. He was starting to feel tired, adrenaline and energy have kept him going until now, but even the added stamina from part of his dog blood, his endurance was running low. But he continued his circling until Teagan's hands fell to her sides, making it clear that she was done. He was surprised, though he knew that a spar could only go on for so long. Had the beast continued his circling for any longer, he too would have given up as well. The wolfdog ceased his movements and came to a stop in front of the warrior and sat down, still holding the sword.

The canary-eyed princess pointed out that her wooden blade had struck the massive medic in the neck and had it been a real fight with a sharpened metal sword, he would be bleeding out. The beast had never been hit by a real sword before, so he had no idea what the wound would be like. Would it be able to cut through his thick ruff? He tilted his head to the side slightly and then she told him that he was out of time. The feral nurse decided to try and humor her and dropped the sword, falling over onto his side and rolling onto his back, freezing for a moment, like he was playing dead.

Once that was done, the crimson-eyed Cavalier rolled back onto his stomach and rested his paws on the sword in case she would try to pick it back up. He didn't think the no-nonsense Styder would try to take it from him. The beast picked the faux sword up and stood up and fave a small gesture of thanks; a dip of his head since the woman probably wouldn't appreciate his other way of showing thanks with a bump or head rub. Then, the scarlet-eyed Sworn padded away, intent on heading to the armory to drop the sword off and then round back for his belongings.

Template by Andi | Manip by Songbird

Silverfrost

Dead Topics