Silly Little Love Song

Posey

POSTED: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:38 pm

So far everything had gone smoothly in these new lands, his new home. Baelish had only been in the Vale for a few days now, but already he had picked out a nice little home for himself near Saga's shed. It needed some work, a lot of work actually, but he was up for the task. He stood looking at the little stone home, completely covered in moss, lichen, and creeping plants. The mortar between the stones had worn away in some places, letting sunlight filter into the interior. The terracotta shingle roof was nearly all gone, only the rotten latticework of the frame remaining. The inside was completely filled with the debris from where the roof had fallen in, as well as from all the little animals that had come and gone since it was abandoned by humans decades ago. He loved it.

Hands on his hips, Bae was nearly completely naked, only wearing loose fitting gray pants held on by a string to his bony hips, and tied tight against his knees and calves with strips of cloth. They were comfortable, and had pockets for holding twine and other small building materials. At this moment he was trying to make a game plan.

First thing first, he had to get all the debris out. He had an old broom stick, all the bristles long decayed, but it was sturdy enough to be able to push the rubble around. He had to force the old metal door open, and as soon as he did the fluttered of roosting birds and the skittering of mice running to hide met his ears. Inside was musty, but dry for the most part; he began at the entrance, pushing the dirt and rubbish out into the sunlight; soon, he had made a nice little path for himself.

The home boasted only three rooms; a main living space with a kitchen against one wall, a bedroom, and what he supposed must have been a bathroom of types. Human's used these weird white seats with bowls to defecate in; they were weird creatures. Usually these porcelain thrones were bolted down, but this one was loose and broken in most places; he was able to pick it up with ease and bring it outside the home; now where to put it...

ooc chat goes here [+3]

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Shaky fingers wrapped twine around and around the shaft of wood, careful to keep the cordage taut as she worked. Her eyes followed the length of the spear, bouncing over its small bumps and curves: certainly not a weapon for throwing accurately, nor would it be dependable in a fight. But Posey didn’t intend to use it for anything but practice.

The stone tip could be salvaged, though – well cut and sharpened, good work for someone out of practice. The old woman grinned and tapped the pad of her finger against the sharp point. She appreciated the sting.

“I still got it, Lyrie,” she sing-songed to her daughter, but upon glancing up realized that the she-wolf was not there. Huffing, she rocked herself up onto aching knees and used the ill-made spear for support. She had a few years yet before she needed a cane, but damn if getting up wasn’t a challenge.

The elder set out in search of her vagabond child, but as she walked down the paths of Winterwynd she encountered someone else instead: a boy hauling something of broken porcelain out of an old house.

“Ahoy, boy!” Posey greeted, waving her spear cheerily. “Whatcha doin’ with that there loo?”
Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:15 am

Holding a commode was not the most glamorous of poses to be in when one had company, so Bae could not help but feel a bit frustrated when a voice called out to him. However, his discouraged attitude was quickly forgotten when he saw who had come to his doorstep. It was a female, all white, and old enough to be his grandmother. This was the second all white woman he had met; it was a good omen.

A grin spread on his face, Hello there, sweet lady. He said before setting the toilet down onto the ground, Not sure what to do with it, but it has to get out of my home, any suggestions?

The woman would have been quite a looker in her young age, though she was nothing to hold one’s nose at now. Baelish would like to believe that she may be what his grandmother had looked like, on his mother’s side of course, whoever she was.

Baelish made a show of bowing to the woman, I am Baelish D’Angelo, it is a pleasure to meet a woman of such distinguished grace and age; what is your name besides Divine? He smiled romantically at her. No harm in flirting with the old woman, they tended to like the attention of younger men, and he had not qualms giving it to her.

OOC[+2]

Last edited by Baelish D'Angelo on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 9:47 pm

The old wolf’s oversized ears pricked when the dark-masked youth greeted her with the moniker of “sweet lady.” She wagged her tail and came over to inspect the toilet, long since chipped and ripped from its plumbing. She made great show of humming and thumbing her chin when he asked for her advice, reckoning that she ought to give him something forgetive in return.

“Fill ‘er up with dirt ‘n’ plant somethin’ in it, maybe,” she mused. It might not hold water anymore – not that she knew of its original purpose beyond its bowl shape – but it would make a decent makeshift pot. Many flowers might complement it; she envisioned vines spilling out of the tank. “Or break it, make the pieces into somethin’ artsy-fartsy, huhu.”

Her eyes widened when he bowed, but a pleased and mischievous smile overtook her long muzzle as the boy introduced himself. “Uhuhu, but if you ain’t a sweet-talker,” she hooted, batting her eyelashes and pawing at the air as if to ward off his compliments. “M’name’s Posey Prior.”

Her head tilted as her tongue lolled from her mouth, a relaxed smile. “D’Angelo yassay, might ya be related to miss Saga?”
Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 10:03 pm

OOC :: Words→ +3

When the woman mentioned her name, his grin grew to unacceptable proportions, "Oh so you are the infamous Posey Prior? Your reputation precedes you m’lady." he said, making another overly dramatic bow, "You are correct, Saga is my sister; she already has warned me of your unfathomable beauty. She suggested that you may just break my heart." He face became gloomy at the thought.

Her suggestion of using the loo as a flower pot, or better yet, smashing it into pieces and using the porcelain for some other use had him tapping a finger at his own chin, "Hmmm…" He mused, "Perhaps I’ll do just that!" With a great show of his magnificent strength, he picked up the seat and threw it against the ground. While it didn’t explode into a cascade of a tiny little pieces, instead it seemingly dissolved, most of it becoming nothing but useless dust, but the rest turning into aesthetically pleasing pieces of white, "Genius!" He said, clapping his hands at Posey.

He went to gather the largest pieces and set them up in a row on the short stone wall that lead to his front door, "Perhaps I’ll take up carving; surely these could be beautiful necklaces, brooches; marble white to match your lovely complexion." He smiled at her again, and gave her a wink.

Now noticing the freshly spun chord one the spear she was holding, Bae clasped his hands and cocked his head, "I hope you don’t plan on hunting with that." And then, realizing that what he just said may have come off the wrong way, he raised his hands in supplication, "Not that you couldn’t; it’s just that, you should not be hunting any longer; you should have younger pups waiting on you hand and foot, Ms. Posey." He smiled again, with warm eyes.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Mon May 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Reputation!" squawked Posey, but Baelish bowed and explained that he was, indeed, related to Saga who had told him all about the old woman. She snickered at his theatrics, then widened her eyes and stepped back when the muscled youth threw the toilet. It smashed against something hard in the ground, dust clouding and pieces flaking, a few shards falling off the bigger construction that Baelish swept up.

Make a good knife inna pinch too, the woman reasoned, rubbing at her throat. The pieces looked sharp, but they could be sanded into smoother pieces: accents and baubles that would look as good against Luperci fur as they did on his wall. She smiled back at him, pleased as punch to know that her idea hadn't been too loony. Ha, a loony loo idea!

She glanced at the spear forgotten in her hand as Baelish pointed out that she shouldn't be hunting with it, then laughed. Fret not, youngster, I ain't about to stick anything with it. She jabbed at the air with technique that suggested she'd never wielded a spear before. And she hadn't. Maybe once, when she realized she hadn't the upper body strength to pierce seal blubber. She probably still had the scar on her calf from that.

Used t' make spears 'n' things fer the hunters up north, she said, planting the butt of the spear proudly against the earth. I made the spear, they gave me some meat 'n' hide. Nowadays 'course I don't need t' do that, I got my Lyrie takin' care of me, but an old lady gots-ta do summat with her hands or she'll go mad. She waggled a finger in a corkscrew motion near her temple.

I'm sorry for the wait! :(

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Mon May 28, 2018 8:36 pm

No worries <3 :: Words→ +3

The old woman’s suggestion that the pieces could be used for weapons as well sparked and interest in him; he looked down at the various pieces on the ground and his imagination lighted up with different shapes and uses. He, however, was not sure he was up to the task to shaping each shard of porcelain into a work of art or war; he’d have to find someone to do it for him.

She took his words in stride, it seemed to bring out some reverie within her. He could not help but laugh jovially as she awkwardly stabbed at the air with the slightly twisted spear. She definitely was a riot, this Posey, he understood why Saga had mentioned her to him. The elder was quick to explain a part of her past, how she had made spears for trade and that she really didn’t need to do it anymore, it was just to keep her hands busy. Baelish nodded, completely understanding, "Makes sense; idle hands are quick to die." He grinned anew, placing his hands on his hips, "Say, would you like to help me out Ms. Posey? To keep your beautiful hands nimble and occupied, perhaps you could take some of these pieces and turn them into something useful for me? A carving or a knife perhaps?" He cocked his head at her.

Then, straightening up, "Of course, I would pay you back. Meat ‘n’ hide you say? Would that be good compensation? Or would you like me to procure something else that your heart may fancy?" He wondered if she was up to the task, but despite her age, she seemed to have a lot of spunk. He was hoping to forge a connection here that may be fruitful for him in the future. The world was all about connections; it was about enhancing the good ones and downplaying the bad.

Mistfell Vale
Elkenfrey
Nat
Luperci Negotiator I

POSTED: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Oh, don't you say the 'die' word 'round an ol' lady!" teased Posey wth a grin and waggle of one decidedly non-idle finger. Though a decade old now, it was clear from her bright eyes and quick wit that she wouldn't actually keel over anytime soon. She wasn't as fast as she used to be, certainly, and her joints gave her trouble sometimes -- but neither was she decrepit and unable to do normal wolf things like run and play.

She preened, playing girlishly with a lock of unruly hair as Baelish flattered her, then squinted thoughtfully at the porcelain pieces. Well, maybe, she said more thoughtfully. Ain't sure if it's the type o' thing y' can chip at, like stone. See, rock don't break like that, don't shatter. She wasn't sure if the porcelain chips could be fashioned into something like stone could, but from her curious expression it was obvious she had no qualm with trying.

Baelish quickly added that he would compensate her, and she hooted. Better wait till I show you my half! she pointed out, knowing she might not be successful. I'm sure I'll come up with somethin' I fancy then. She wagged her tail and went over to the ledge to take a few pieces of porcelain carefully in hand, reasoning that she could practice with small pieces before she tried to ruin a bigger one. She knew she was no real artist.

I think this could be wrapped up soon? c:

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Raze
Luperci

Dead Topics