Re: And the world has somehow shifted

Minerva

POSTED: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:12 pm

BLESS YOUR CHILD THIS SECRET NIGHT
Word Count → 400+ :: OOC

I would say that is a smart decision, she replied with a small chuckle, when Minerva said she didn't want to go near the flowers. Stick with your gut.

The witch paused and thought for a moment. Minerva was not wrong to do the cleansing ritual for the pack – it was a good idea to perform on a regular basis, though it may be difficult for one witch to keep an entire territory free of malignant spirits. It was good, that is a good job and something from the heart, which makes the magic more pure and more effective, she praised her student. There may be something more you can do for the pack, too. Have you thought about a rechargeable talisman placed at the four corners? It would be best to use crystals... even better if you could get help from the pack in making them, from those who may believe in a greater power. No need to involve those who would disbelieve away your magic, but it will still protect them.

Leaning against her cane, Maelyx stood and waved Minerva to her feet. Come. I will explain my meaning and give you something to help.

She began walking, poking at the ground ahead of her before each step. It was slow going, but she began to make her way toward her tent. You can make a totem, like a magical statue, and place them at Casa's perimeter in the points of north, south, east and west. The totems do not need to be anything elaborate, they can be made from small chunks of wood or rock or clay, what have you. You can carve symbols or runes into them... they were at her tent now, and she groped around for the flap before pulling it back and stepping inside. The aroma of herbs and oils assaulted the senses. Maelyx found her way to a short stool and sat down, then gestured to a carved wooden box on the table. Do you see the box with the deer carved on it? Open it. Inside you will find several quartz crystal points. Affix a few to each totem, and on the full moon you can charge them with the moon's energy and they will work to protect the pack from evil spirits. The power they can hold is not finite, though. They will fade, so you must remember to recharge them regularly.

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
Luperci I command you, I control you Eclipse the Blood Moon
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 pm

She felt secure in the safety of a pack, away from the world. It was true she had traveled alone and hungry before, but she now believed that it was best to be surrounded by others. It fed inter her eagerness to please others, and made her feel like others might need her too. Maybe. Still, wanting that reassurance that she had done the right thing she waiting for a reply from the witch. A chuckle came and Minerva’s ears swiveled back, unsure of the nature of the laugh. At her words they returned to a relaxed state, and she breathed a little easier knowing that Maelyx wasn’t about to force her to confront her fears and learn about her destiny or something like that. Furthermore, she didn’t shut down the idea of her ceremony.

On the matter of the ceremony she kept speaking, informing her of ways to increase the power. Of course! Why hadn’t she though of this? By adding more of faith of course the spell would be stronger! Of course there weren’t many in Casa who believed strongly in such things. Many, it seemed, had a surface level of belief, mainly in Fenris the warrior god of the sun, but she had never actually seen anyone pray or perform a ceremony. Perhaps Jace might be willing?

Suddenly, the jackal began to move and Minerva’s face quickly turned into one of concern as she rushed to stand up with her. Her curiosity peeked she followed along obediently, moving slowly to allow Mae the time she needed. “A totem?” she asked, confused by the use of the word. As the elder woman explained it, Minerva became enthralled even more. A magical marking in the land, with crystals charged by the moon, that could protect them? Entering the tent she looked around for the box. “Do you have to use specific words to charge the crystals, or just prayers?” She asked as she opened the box, causing the crystals inside to rattle slightly and alert Mae.

OOC: 300+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Melissa
Luperci Herbalist, Spiritual Advisor They stole my dirty socks... :(

POSTED: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:26 pm

BLESS YOUR CHILD THIS SECRET NIGHT
Word Count → 300+ :: OOC

Her ears twitched and swiveled as Minerva picked up the box and picked through the crystals. She had a small smile on her muzzle when she asked how to charge the crystals. Youth... always making one overthink things. While it was good to put deep thought into what you should do to accomplish certain magical tasks, usually whatever felt good to the caster was the right thing to do.

Prayers are fine, she said kindly. Or you can make up certain words. Something that goes with the element which corresponds to the direction, or corner you are in is good. Like a small, one or two line incantation to Earth for North, Fire for South, Air for East and Water for West. Or, you could simply charge it by drawing down the moon and asking the Goddess to charge the crystals. There is a copy of such a ritual in that small journal over there, she gestured. You may take it. Then there is always charging them with personal power if you miss a full moon for some reason. Simply calm yourself and meditate, draw your power to the core of your body by visualization of a bright light, and then push that light through your hands and into the crystals. Maelyx shook her head gently. There are plenty of ways that work. You just need to find the right one for you.

There is something else I want to give you, she said, standing and pawing gently at the table. Her hand fell upon an ornamented hair comb, and she picked it up and held it out to Minerva. The tines were made of a silver-colored metal, and ornamented with points of Lapis Lazuli and feathers. I want you to have this. It was one of the last pieces I made before losing my sight. Lapis Lazuli is a powerful crystal that enhances your connection to the divine. It opens your third eye and strengthens your physic powers. If you connect with this stone, visions will come easier, and barriers in the way of spiritual communication will no longer be such trouble. This may help you find the answers you seek about the flowers that have ravaged the land.

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
Luperci I command you, I control you Eclipse the Blood Moon
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

Dead Topics