Re: One step, two step, three step four

p. Arlen

POSTED: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Aldora Knight
Word Count → +3 :: OOC

Once again Arlen was quick to take her; he really did know what he was doing and she could not deny that she was jealous. Archery was so much simpler; just stand there and shoot; run straight and shoot; sit on the back of a horse and shoot. Dancing and sword fighting were so much more involved, and had she chosen that line of combat she’d be a Recruit still.

Her cousin seemed to revel from the audience, and he spun her around and around, almost as if to dizzy her. Luckily, Aldora had always had a good sense of balance, and despite their twisting and turning, she remained as focused as possible. She noticed as Arlen began to lose his stride, and she became more pliable under his hands, hoping not to hurt him. But when he mentioned the ball, she became stiff again and was able to prepare for when he released her to the earth. This time however, she compensated, and instead flung her hand firmly against the ground, her back arched elegantly, as she took control of her full weight. She remained in this bridge pose for only a moment, before flinging her weight forwards and righting herself; she would not let Arlen put her into the dirt ever again.

Despite the violence of the dance, she smiled, and her eyes twinkled. Leoris whistled at them, and Darius just smiled before turning to walk away; she watched the coyote go with a bit of disappointment, before looking back at Arlen, I danced with my father. She said, and did not dare reveal what had happened with Howland later in the night. Anyone who had their ear against the pulse of Casa di Cavalieri would know, but she could not bear to speak of it; she doubted Arlen would be kind.

What is, to you, the true test of strength?

Template by Kitty

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Nat
Luperci Artisan (Vocals), Hunter goose slayer

POSTED: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Arlen Stryder

To Arlen's mild chagrin, his last attempt failed wildly and Aldora successfully sprung back up to meet him. Leoris whistled and Arlen twitched his ear at the man, but didn't take his eyes off his cousin. He wouldn't put it past her to pull some stunt while his attention was elsewhere. But at that glimpse of disappointment, fleeting yet very real, he longed to turn around and see what he'd missed. Instead, he merely cocked an eyebrow in question. Something you're not telling me?

She answered his earlier question and he nodded. Callum was a partner he'd spent many dances with, but always with a pair of swords between them. Callum was better than Arlen had ever been. Len still hoped that one day he could beat his uncle on fair grounds even though it seemed a fanciful dream.

On to a better topic: What, no moonlit dances with beautiful boys? I myself got a lovely little number with a Courtier princess! Not that he'd ever dream of courting the girl. Sure, she was pretty. He just didn't quite swing that way. He'd tried it a number of times and it just wasn't his cup of tea. These were things he'd never openly admit in Casa though. He wasn't sure how anyone would take the news, really, though he had a sneaking suspicion that some of them knew.

Al and Len were both of an age where settling down with someone and starting a family could be in their near futures. Arlen was pretty sure his brother Remus had already found someone to do just that, though his sister was far more hesitant to start anything up with anyone so soon after Raine. Len couldn't blame her, but he'd started a number of whirlwind romances and one night stands only for them all to fail so miserably. After all, who'd heard of two men successfully starting a family together? No one in Casa, that was for sure.

OOC || WC 327

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

POSTED: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Aldora Knight
Word Count → --- :: OOC

Aldora put a strand of hair behind her ear, embarrassed, when Arlen teased her. She had seen him at the ball, with the girl from the Court, when she had been stuck with her father. She loved Callum, but even as awkward as she was, she had hoped for more. Howland had opened up her heart to the possibilities, but even then, she could not get past her naïve knowledge to the ways of love.

She crossed her arms against her stomach, looking more vulnerable than ever. She glanced at her bow and quiver lying against the ground, yearning to grab them and escape, but knowing this was a challenge she had to face, Yeah well… I had no prince… no princess, that wanted to dance with me that night. Despite the melancholy of her words, she smiled at him and shrugged, But you showed me a good dance today, maybe we can do it again another time. her words did not insinuate anything more than an offer to spar; she loved Arlen, and knew that in other places mating with cousins was ignored, but even if they were genetically compatible, the emotions there did not match up… she was not sure she’d ever match up with anyone. A dancer doomed to sway without a partner until the end of it all.

What is, to you, the true test of strength?

Template by Kitty

Casa di Cavalieri
First Officer
Nat
Luperci Artisan (Vocals), Hunter goose slayer

POSTED: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:55 pm

Arlen Stryder

Aldora showed all the signs of being uncomfortable; she looked away, tucked her hair away, and pulled her arms in close for reassurance. When he was younger, he would have felt a twinge of guilt for making his favorite cousin feel this way, but anymore it just washed off his back like nothing had happened. He felt very little for making others uncomfortable, when he had felt more discomfort than they could ever know. It was hard to show or feel pity anymore.

At least you had a prince to dance with today. His false attempt at comfort was given with a genuine smile. He was less trying to ease her discomfort and more trying to shoo away the awkward atmosphere that had appeared after their wonderful time. It was a shame that they had to actually acknowledge one another rather than just pretend that sparring and dancing were the only things in the world.

Perhaps another dance or another lesson in livestock? He remembered well their last lesson and chuckled at the memory. Aldora had always been an easy one to surprise. I'm not sure if you remember, but Teagan got me a cow all of my own. I'm sure you've seen her around. She's the woolly one.

At that, though, it seemed their brief socialization was done and they said their goodbyes. Arlen left the ring rather swiftly, picking up his cane that was leaned against the ring's outer perimeter, before heading back to his room in the courthouse while Aldora was still collecting her things behind him. Silently, he mourned at their friendship that had been lost and wondered if it would ever be the same or if they'd always be so broken.

OOC || WC 286

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer
Kris
Luperci Joker
A Royal Pain

Dead Topics