[M] - Food and Family

[p] - Belial

POSTED: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

The morning was early, but already Aidan knew it would be a hot day. There were no clouds in the sky and the usually weak sun, felt hot against his pelt. Of course, his coyote fur was finer than many wolves and so he preferred the warmer weather. The depths of winter had been a struggle, made worse by the memory of being left to make his way home when he was a pup, by a sire who treated him as something amusing, and dumped him the moment Izual was bored.

Despite the good weather, Aidan’s spirits were low. His hunt had gone badly for the second day and his stomach was making its disappointment felt in no uncertain terms. He’d not even come across a lone traveller to try and steal from. That particular path held its own dangers and challenges, as travellers weren’t often willing to let him get to their stores and could be quite emphatic about it. Right now though, he’d be willing to take the risk. Of course now that he’d made the decision, he had not come across a single traveller, until a few moments ago.

The sent hat had filtered through the trees had been a familiar one, and had conjured the image of his uncle Belial. If Aidan had been a different sort of Luperci he might have called his relation a coward, or perhaps a snivelling coward, but Aidan merely observed it and did not judge nor hold any enmity towards the creature who had seen the manner in which Aidan’s sire treated his progeny. He wasn’t aware of how could his uncle’s perception was, but Aidan remained silent, as though stalking prey, until his relation came into view. Aidan had learnt from a young age to develop a light foot, and light fingers. He moved to a distance where a leap wouldn’t be unfeasible and emerged, speaking his relation’s name.

”Uncle Belial.” Aidan said in his almost toneless voice that gave no hint of his thoughts away ”Have you lost Izual?”
Last edited by Aidan Massacre on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 pm

It was an off day that he was allowed to wander. It wasn’t so much as he was given permission, but rather his brother and Charlie had gone out to hunt, and Dystopia hadn’t been there to bother him until they got back. It was strange how Izual felt like he needed to keep a tight leash on him while he was there, but then left him all alone when he went to fulfill his bloodlust. If Belial wanted to, he could have left during that time.

Of course, the Massacre sibling would come and find him. And upon his capture, he would force Belial to come back with him. And Belial wasn’t too sure if Izual was above punishment - seeing how he treated his own kin. He was content with not finding out. He was tethered unwillingly to his brother until the end.

In his brother’s absence, Belial decided to take a nice long walk into the woods. If nothing, it was to put things into perspective for him. Summer was upon them and the air down here was very different from the air he had gotten used to in the Burnt Church Mountains. And he had began eating more, developing somewhat of a potbelly the first few weeks he had joined his brother and his family. Though, the potbelly had gone down by now, receding to skin and bone with just a little muscle mass.

The trees in the Dampwoods brought back old, but good memories of a time when he seemed so sure about his purpose in life. Now... he was like any Joe Schmoe. He had no real purpose. No real pack. No real family. And... the memories of his life before haunted him. Even with so much time between now and then.

A voice called him from his thoughts and Belial looked up to find one of his brother’s kids... of course one of them would keep tabs on where he’d gone. ”No... I’m just out for a little walk. You? I don’t see you by the cabin very often.”

Word Count → 000 :: Dating this for June 23rd if that’s ok!

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Aidan drew closer to the fawn pelted male, but remained a little out of reach. Aidan knew that they were family, but among the Massacre’s Aidan had learned that meant very little. His uncle’s words made him curious though, and he titled his head slightly, large ears twitching gently.

”You noticed my absence?” Aidan asked, his tone held vague hints of surprise and curiosity, as though he’d not expected to hear anything like this from one of his relations.

”I got separated from everyone, and found I was able to survive alone. I didn’t see any point trying to find anyone.”

Aidan didn’t find he spoke that often in his new life, and his puppyish exuberance had been wrung from him. It left a strangely earnest and curious individual, whose tone seemed bland, with only vague hints of the emotion that the Massacre progeny might be feeling.

”What is wrong with you?” Aidan finally asked. Again his tone held no mockery or anger, but a genuine curiosity. His questions might have been tactless, but they were honest.

”And why do you fear your own brother? Are you worried what he did to us he’ll do to you?”

Aidan’s hunger ,still a pressing issue, had been temporarily placed on the back burner as he sated his curiosity instead. Belial didn’t seem to possess the same cruelty as Izual and yet his uncle was content to watch as Izual brutalised his progeny. It was strange and perhaps might explain why his mother had never stepped in, perhaps she was just as afraid. Surely if they all stood up to the shadow they all lived under they may lift it.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:26 am

”Yeah?” Belial answered, wondering what prompted the young man to ask such a question. Wouldn’t anyone notice when one of the troop was missing? Aidan wasn’t exactly the most vibrant of the bunch, but his absence was certainly noted – at least by Belial.

The longer he spent time in Aidan’s presence, the less anxious he was beginning to feel. Out of Izual’s four children, this one, Aidan, seemed the most normal. There was no dangerous edge to him. He was a curious young man with a few emotional deficiencies. Belial remembered a time when that was all he believed he was. A man with a few lost emotions. So much had changed since then though. He believed he couldn’t fall in love, and yet he had done so – twice. And neither of them had died by his hands. That was a feat in itself, he was sure.

”Wrong? What do you mean wrong?” Belial asked, clearly not understanding what the young Luperci was getting at. Of course, memories and thoughts plagued him. They always plagued him. He thought getting rid of the ghost would cure his sickness; but he was wrong. So very wrong. Even though his current sickness didn’t have him killing Luperci for fun, draining their blood into the earth, and sucking the meat from their bones, there was still a large, gaping hole within him that he couldn’t fill. At least because he hadn’t found the right stuff to fill it with. ”I’m a little depressed, I guess, if that’s what you mean.”

Aidan certainly had a lot of questions for Belial, and the Massacre man chuckled at his last. He questioned why Belial was afraid of Izual. The way Izual treated his kin was a whole different ballgame. His son didn’t know him like Belial knew him. ”It’s not that I fear what Izual will do to me, I fear what he’ll do to others if I leave and join another group. He was chased out of Inferni for a reason. If I go back there, what’s not to say he won’t follow my scent and eventually come for me? And when he shows up asking about me, they’ll think I brought him to their doorstep. And that will just bring the death of my brother, and neither of us want that. Izual’s easier to control when his wants and needs are satisfied; when he’s angered, you shouldn’t fear him, but what he will do to you and those you care about.”

Belial did fear his brother in a way – Izual’s actions were a part of him no matter how one looked at it. It was just much easier to tame the beast when he was well-fed.

Word Count → 000 :: ooc text here

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Aidan listened to his uncle, large ears swivelling and adjusting. The young Massacre male always struggled with social cues, but he was a very alert Luperci. When Belial finished his explanation, a lull fell in the brief conversation as Aidan considered the other’s words, his lips twitching slightly as though tasting the words that had been spoken.

”I am sorry you are sad.” Aidan said finally, though his tone remained vague and somewhat detached, as though he knew this is what one was supposed to say. Walker to a tree, Aidan leant against it, though the movement was forced, and seemed as though he’d watched it done and was trying it out. At least that’s what it must have looked like, because Aidan’s weight was still well distributed to rebuff an attack.

”You appease him.” Aidan began again, his air remaining the same, there was no accusation in his speech. ”You allow yourself to be miserable because you fear what your brother would do were he to be unhappy with you.”

Aidan continued to watch his uncle, there was clearly something in the older male’s short speech that Aidan wished to address, but perhaps he did not how to broach the subject, or was uncertain of Belial’s reaction.

”I’m not afraid of Izual or the things he might do. Death doesn’t concern me and I don’t think that there is anyone I care for.”

Aidan’s head tilted slightly as he looked at his uncle. Despite his somewhat detached manner, there was clearly something bothering Aidan. The young Massacre wanted to ask Belial a question, or perhaps just someone he trusted, but there was no one that matched that description in his life. Finally the young coyote reached a decision.

”Am I abnormal?” Aidan straightened himself, his hand brushing against the hilt of his sheathed knife in a subtle gesture to reassure himself as he continued. ”I’ve travelled a lot and not come across anyone like me, or who acts like I do. I went to a bar, a Luperci grabbed me by the shoulder and I buried my knife in his neck. I made sure not to pierce the spine so as not to get the knife stuck, but his windpipe was severed, he died quickly. Everyone looked at me for a moment and then there was a lot of noise. What seemed to upset them most was that I licked my knife.”

Aidan looked at his uncle again. Aidan doubted that Belial would be able to help him, but the question was one he’d been puzzling over. The Luperci had put his hands on him and Aidan had reacted, the blood had tasted very good.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 am

Belial sighed gently, the air pushing through his damp nostrils. He was unwilling to continue the conversation if it was going to center around his fear for Izual. Orange eyes lowered, scanning the ground at their feet. He could see the gleam of little bugs crawling through the dead foliage and dirt. Beetles, roaches, ants, and the like. But when the conversation continued, he perked slightly, listening as Aidan began to offer his side of things.

He did not fear Izual nor did he fear death. Why wasn’t that a surprise? Not that Belial thought he could be a way better father, but the ways in which Izual’s children turned out was certainly to be expected. Fearless. Detached. Sad. Ruthless. Pitiless. It sounded like him another time ago. Perhaps when the death of his mother weighed a bit heavier on his mind because he had done it. Flashes of her screams filled his head at that moment and his eyes went empty as her screams filled his ears and flashes of her burning skin peeled away from her body.

He was numb to the pain that it once gave him. Belial looked up.

”We were all like you once. You were raised by parents who didn't exactly give you the kind of love you needed. Izual and I had a similar situation, though our mother was just abusive as hell and didn't care about us after our father left. I came to Nova Scotia looking for him, but I never found him.” Belial unsheathed his dagger to play with it in his hands. ”As you get older, you’ll have to learn to pretend around certain people because abnormality isn't accepted everywhere. But no one is ever completely normal.”

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Aidan may have been strangely detached, his emotions muddled and often vague, but he found he could observe things in others, perhaps without the distraction of his own emotion, he saw them more acutely in others. As they spoke Aidan saw his uncle descend into silence, perhaps disappearing into his own memories? The younger Massacre didn’t interrupt his uncle’s reverie, comfortable wit the silence and happy to wait for Belial to wander back to him. Aidan might have replied after his uncle’s first words, but when Belial pulled out his knife, Aidan stiffened, feeling his hackles rise involuntarily, and he stepped back. The reaction was instinctual, like touching a too hot rock, but Aidan did his best to school himself again.

”I have only known one family. I slept with my siblings for warmth when I was smaller and Izual would sometimes throw uus into a pit. I used to sneak into my mum’s room and watch her let Izual get on top of her and grunt and scratch until they shuddered to completion. From what you say that is not normal, but it is normal to me. How can I pretend to be something I have no understanding of?”

If Aidan was upset by his own words, there was no indication of it in his tone, just a mild curiosity. His ears were slightly too large, and as he tilted his head, it gave him an almost comical look, or might have appeared so were you unaware of his brutality.

”Could you teach me?”

Aidan asked at last.

”You have learned? Can you help me to understand what is normal so that I can pretend. Tell me what I did wrong when the stranger touched me. Should I not have killed him? Was that wrong? Or was it wrong to taste his blood off of my knife? What was it that so many people were upset by?”

The vague tone was infused with a little more curiosity as Aidan spoke.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:20 pm

”Your mother’s quite the actress, actually,” Belial responded, thinking of the way Charlie’s attitude changed from one thing to another, night and day. One minute she was as sour as a deranged black Red Wolf could be, and then she was as sweet as pie… until she got the thing she was looking for. Then she was back to that sourpuss again. ”Why not get her to teach you?”

Not that Belial expected any spectacular results from that, either. If the she-demon and his dumbshit brother wouldn’t give their pups the time of day, Belial doubted they’d offer lessons, too.

Belial simply blinked at Aidan’s request, unsure what to make of it at first. He considered a teaching plan to teach the younger male about what he meant, and Belial was coming up empty-handed.

”I… uh…” Belial started, and then stopped. Aidan went on, critiquing the story from before. Belial considered the part of it that he found the most jarring. ”Well, yeah. The most crucial thing was probably that you licked the blood from the knife… but there’s also the part about murder. You killed him in front of others. Not a good move. Luperci don’t like death – especially civilized ones. If you’re going to kill, do it away from prying eyes.”

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

POSTED: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm

The young coyote listened to his uncle silently. It was often hard to know if what was being said was being processed as Aidan’s expression rarely varied from a vague curiosity. However, the words were at least being taken in as his ears swivelled and pivoted to catch the words Belial spoke.

When silence had settled between them again, Aidan closed his eyes for a moment and sighed.

”You may think mum was a good actress, but why would I have to learn from you if they had already taught me these things? I have not seen any of them since Anathema collapsed.”

It was clear that this world was far more confusing than it needed to be.

”Luperci don’t like killing, but they eat prey? Or the sight of licking blood, but what do they do to their kills? When you hunt an animal dies.” Aidan shrugged.

”I killed them because they grabbed me. What should I have done instead?”

He scratched his head, the vague curiosity becoming a look of frustrated perplexity.

”While what loners think of me doesn’t affect me, I find that it has made interacting with other Luperci difficult when I need things from them. Some loners have thought I was stupid or dumb.” He tilted his head a silent question there as to why they might think that ”I’m not so stupid I can’t see the differences, but I don’t understand them. I need you to help me. My parents helped to do this to me, going to them to help me change it doesn’t seem as though it would make a lot of sense.”

Aidan shifted his weight again, making sure he remained balanced and ready, even around family he seemed ready to defend himself.
Salsola
The Henchman
Draiko
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:07 am

”Aidan, you’re not that stupid. Use your head,” Belial growled, beginning to get annoyed at the young man’s naivety. Clearly, all Luperci killed for the hunt… but they didn’t kill each other. They didn’t stab each other and then lick the knife and say mmm that tastes just like strawberries! No, that didn’t happen. Belial sighed, wondering if watching his father kill what he wanted, who he wanted for all those years had made Aidan think that the world was just going to be okay with a Luperci going around doing as he pleased. ”Luperci don’t kill Luperci. Wolves don’t kill Wolves. Coyotes don’t kill Coyotes. We don’t kill our own kind for pleasure or for food. That’s just not natural, and that’s why everyone hated Izual.”

The words that spilled forth from Belial’s lips truly showed that the man had learned from his mistakes all those months living alone in the mountains. It had made him a saner Coyote in some ways. And the saner Coyote was left cleaning up his brother’s messes. Belial sighed again, dropping his head to rub the bridge of his snout.

”Anything but kill him in plain sight.” The Massacre child seemed to have some self-esteem issues as well as an obvious ignorance of right and wrong. While being called dumb isn’t exactly the best of situations, it’s far from something that’d make Belial kill another. Though, the reasons Belial and Izual made for killing their subjects were far from similar. Belial did it for rituals, for his Lord Abaddon; Izual did it for fun.

Belial blinked, wondering if showing the kid the ropes was the best decision he could make. Perhaps putting off joining a pack for now was a better bet; he could ensure that he cleaned up the mess that followed him and make sure when he did join one, no bullshit would follow.

Sammiie
Luperci
MISCHIEF MANAGED

Dead Topics