Being with you has opened my eyes

For Grievous

POSTED: Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Everything from the Last Supper had been fresh in the dog woman's mind. There was little that could be done to make it leave her thoughts. Of course, it would only make sense to announce unions at one collective gathering, but just the thought that her's would be paired with not one, but two betrothals, vastly overshadowing something that meant so much to her, turned her very bitter...

Well, more than she usually was anyways.

The Paladin hadn't said much when she and her fiance returned to the wing that night, and knowing how close to two of them were, he was probably sure to see that something was bothering here. Where any time she would be open to speaking with him, it had already been late, but the promise to talk more on it was assured to him.

Idrieus found herself moving down the wing, her eyes peering into each of the rooms as she passed by them. The restoration of the library was going slowly, but rather smoothly. When others were busy, she had taken it upon herself to sit down, transcribing the books she could still read, and keeping those transcriptions in separate piles. She would need to seek out someone to help her bind the new books together, but so long as they were on new paper, there was no risk of losing what was left of each book.

She soon came to the last room in the hall, or at least the one before her's and Grievous' living quarters. Despite all their efforts, there were so many that were lost to the water and the mold. It had been enough to clear out one of the rooms in the wing.

An idea had come to her mind. It was clear that her soon to be husband was still having a bit of a hard time adjusting to his new life here, so close to the middle of the Ruins. Well, with this new empty space, this could be his own space. A place where he could come if he wanted to be alone, much in a way like how the ring had been for the warrior woman.

The dog woman slowly opened the door, padding into the room. Herbs were grasped in her hand, gently settling them around the room. Their combined efforts had done well to drive back the foul smell, but this would make sure to remove anything that might still be lingering.

Figured I would go ahead and make mention of this. I added it to the wiki, but it'll be official here. Let me know if there is anything you want me to change. +400 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Though he had thought she looked upset, Grievous had attritubuted Idrieus' mood at the Last Supper as a matter more likely related to having themselves thrust into the spotlight. She was a private person. Having their identities broadcast before all the Family, as well as their intentions, that felt large. They were among others though, promises not of love but of politics, and Grievous hardly cared for them at all.

He was a man deeply in love, and that sometimes made him stupid.

They had of course endured an invasion of privacy due to need, for in keeping the Library contained within her home Idrieus now had to invite others into it. None stayed like he did, and Grievous was becoming more acclimated to the idea of living here permanently. Still, everything felt like disorder, scattered as the books and materials and goods were throughout the area. It was organized chaos, but chaos yet.

With the horses finished with for the day, Grievous had found time to wash in the salty Loch before hiking back home. It was nice to be able to have this extra time – had he still lived out in the cabin he would have lost time due to travel. He had lost one of the ties for his hair on the shore and muttered about this as he returned home, still-damp and glad for the breeze. This wasn't enough to fully dry him, but the worst of the muck was gone from his fur and that was what mattered. Grooming himself seemed more important now that he wasn't living alone.

When he returned home he found Idrieus' scent fresh and looked for her. Bärchen? Grievous called, dropping his bags by the entryway.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

POSTED: Wed May 29, 2019 1:39 pm

So much progress had been made, and she had been thankful for that, but it had put not only herself, but her future husband a bit on edge to have so many in her home. There were certainly members of the Kingdom that could be trusted in the confinds of the wing, but there were also those to be wary of. When it came to this pair, both of them were far more private about their own lives.

To open such a thing up to the public was a breach to their much more personal lives. Both of them had to tread carefully with what they said and did. It was one thing to speak openly in the public, but another to trust that something said in the private setting would not get out to the public in gossip.

The dog woman's flopped ears flicked gently as she heard the sound of the door being opened, the familiar scent of Grievous mixing in with the herbs. There was a small sound of him dropping something near the door before he had called out to her. Even though she had been raised under the care of Artemisia, she had not been one to pick up on the Eternity's native language. He had used it before, but nothing that she could understand.

His pet name for her was something though, and fitting of this outwardly cold woman who's soft heart only belonged to him.

Dropping the last few herbs, she padded out of the room, offering him a quick, small smile to him before her face faded back to its usual look, "Welcome home Liebling. What did you bring back with you?" Her feet carried her towards the man, blue gaze turning down to the bags he had dropped.

+300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 am

Having met her bear – if someone could own a bear – he found similarities between the two. Her mother, his aunt, had raised both. Of course, Idrieus was smarter and far more beautiful than any bear, though like a bear she would undoubtedly cause just as much damage if not more to anyone that finally roused her temper.

Grievous did his best to keep Idrieus happy, but mostly because he wanted to. He loved her secret smiles and the way she could relax around him. Sometimes he watched her sleep and fell in love with her all over again. It was not unnatural to find himself so devoted to another living thing, but with her it was something different.

Plants, mostly, he admitted. Things are starting to bloom. It will be good to rebuild our supplies. I found those by the stream, Grievous explained and smiled. The weather is getting better. More sun will help. Not only the flowers, he thought, but the ground as well would benefit. If it dried out they could address further issues with the old stone walls. The home had been neglected by no fault other than time, but Grievous was eager to prove his worth to the fierce warrior-woman who would soon be his wife.

the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

POSTED: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 am

Idrieus was no woman of love to be sure. For the longest time, she only sought to be in the company of another woman, men having done everything in their power to make her not trust them... but Grievous was different. Time and time again she found him reliable, someone she could vent her frustrations with, someone who would listen and not spread anything she said back out into the open. He was trustworthy. He was the only man in all of Salsola right for her.

And though she was still often rare to show it, she did care about him. She would not have agreed to become his mate had she not cared about him as such.

The pale man had explained he mostly brought along plants with him, many of them growing now that summer had come to their lands. Light blue gaze drifted over the belongings before she turned her gaze back on him, "Well, if you wish to use the grounds around our home to grow some of your plants, I could help you section off a spot." There were certainly plenty of leftover supplies from the projects to help make this happen.

Peering down the hall briefly, she reached to take Grievous' hand, giving him a gentle tug, "Come. I have something to show you." She took him to the empty room, the smell of the herbs filling it to drive back any more foul smell, "There was... an unfortunate loss in the number of books, so this room has been cleared out. I wanted to give this room to you, for you to use how you see fit."

If she had her library, then it was only fitting that he have something of his own.

+200 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Maybe, he mused, already thinking about the sort of garden he might be able to build here. The Ruins were not the same as his cabin, and the space was frequented by their neighbors and visitors. Grievous hummed a little as he considered a vision of what could be done, especially now that so much new ground was breaking all around them.

Change was coming to Salsola, awash now in the blood of so many and bucking under this month's-long curse. The spring heralded it with new life and new opportunity.

Grievous allowed himself to be led back to the alcove. It was still damp smelling but the worst of the scent was masked. He lifted his ears with surprise when Idrieus told him that the room – the big, huge empty room – would be his. The wolf furrowed his brow briefly, as if he thought the gift might be part of some elaborate joke.

Recognizing that Idrieus would not be so cruel to him, his expression soon morphed into obvious delight.

Do you mean it, Idrieus? I don't have that much, he said this as if she did not know. The little totems and what goods he had were already spread throughout their bedroom, where he had first settled. But I could make things here...bring back plants and things, so I can do more here. Grievous turned and looked at the golden-haired woman and smiled. You'd see more of me, if you could stand it.

the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

POSTED: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:38 am

It was not the grandest idea, especially when she had already needed to make room for Dama along her wing, and with so many of the Ruins clustered into the center, it might not have been the best place for a garden. There were other structures in the Ruins that were better suited for something like that. Even so, if it would please her fiancee, then she would be willing to try and work something out for him.

As they came to the room, light blue gaze focused on the pale man. He had seemed confused at first. The room she was offering him was quite large, but then again so were many of the others that held claim to the books that had been collected by Artemisia over the years.

And then from there, his face had changed to one of delight. Now that was what she wanted to see.

Being at home, the Paladin found it much easier for the smile to form along her face, bringing herself more to his side as her eyes moved about the room, "I do mean it. The other rooms will still be used for the library, which is now my collection. It seems only a fitting compromise that you have a place that is all your own as well. Our living quarters is our shared space." One eyebrow rose to his follow up words.

If she could stand to see more of him?

A soft sigh passed through her lips as she turned more to face him, "I would think you'd have more of a worry of seeing less of me. You know how I am with my duties as the Paladin." She paused before moving one hand up along him, "Besides, I wouldn't have suggested or agreed to any of this if I didn't want you around. I care about you Grievous."

+300 words.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

Dead Topics