Re: don't follow me, you'll end up in my arms

POSTED: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:03 pm

The coyote woman almost seemed a bit let down by her answer, though this disappointment did not last, as unpleasantries did not seem to ever trip Lyssa up for very long; that winsome beam returned soon after, and Fennore mimicked the gesture, albeit not as enthusiastically. Her magenta eyes followed the other's fingers as she idly played with her braid — it was nowhere near what the wolfess had weaved the time before, but it was... serviceable. If nothing else, her hair looked a thousand times better than it had when Fennore first encountered her; Lyssa had seemed such a wildling then. But even a braid as simple as this one upped her civility very effectively.

And then Lyssa was on the offensive again, laying into Fennore with more questions. The Moonwraith took her queries in stride, rolling her shoulders in a small shrug. "I'm not sure exactly the lands they have scouted out, but I do know there has been talk of moving our camp elsewhere." That had been the bulk of Tamlin's work, as far as she knew: helping Iomair search for more suitable terrain. It was true, New Caledonia was expanding with both straggling refugees and newcomers alike, but the base of Oromocto was not going to hold them for much longer. They needed more.

"Perhaps we will move further north, beyond Mount Oromocto." There was a lot of fertile land there, as far as she remembered. The beautiful meadow laying in Gaspesia was nearby, also, so that would be a plus if they did migrate north. "Or maybe west, around here. Though if your Ashen are close by, perhaps that is not as wise of a choice. The last thing we want is to step on anyone's toes, after all." Especially given how much strife these Ashen had faced in days past, according to Lyssa, they were probably on edge as it was.

<3

avatars by Abby, Kiri, and Nat • signature by Despi
New Caledonia
Privileged
veldt
'Souls Soldier of Love Luperci
Songs from the Wood

POSTED: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Outside the dawn is breaking, But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

OOC: 250+ wc

Lyssa nodded as the other woman talked. So they were up in the air as to where they would go. There were lots of good areas, but also lots of dangerous areas, and it was better to take time when deciding on big decisions.

Behind her, a bird burst through the treetops, flapping its wings in a hurry. The sounds caught Lyssa off guard as she whirled around to look at it. Despite being in the presence of a friend, she still felt nervous. What if someone dangerous was still lurking around? What if one of the members saw a wolf near the border? Her ears flatted at the horrible idea.

"Fennore, maybe in the near future you could come visit again, maybe once tensions die down. There has been a lot of death recently, and that is a hard thing to forget." Lyssa sighed. But the pack was getting settled, and the golden coyote had hoped of turning around relationships.

"But if your group is getting bigger, then that must mean you need some trade partners! We have a lot of good trade workers here, especially when it comes to horses and leatherworking. We are still getting ourselves set up, so we do not have much as of now, but in the near future, this might be a good idea! I would be happy to meditate some of those conversations. Besides, having an official alliance would be good, and would help break down some of the prejudices among the group. Lyssa's eyes shined with hope towards her friend.

And in that moment, Lyssa had herself convinced. If the Ashen shut themselves off to the rest of the world, they would remain weak and scared. The only way to get stronger would be to reach outwards. Strength would come by building alliances, trade routes, and friendships. And Lyssa wanted to be in the center of building those relationships.

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby
Luperci You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:41 pm

Fennore rose an eyebrow at how jumpy Lyssa was acting, though presumably it could be chalked up to her new pack's recent visitors; perhaps with time, their misgivings would settle down somewhat. Though there was really no telling; on the other hand, their biases might would endure yet, even long after their formation. Her ears flicked at the thought.

She gave a light nod, stepping over to take Lirael's reins once more. "Of course. Your Ashen deserve respite, it is quite clear." The coyote seemed hopeful for the coming days though, and the white wolfess offered her a small smile.

"Certainly. We also do not have many wares at the moment, either, but when we both are in better positions, perhaps a trading partnership will be in order." The official alliance would have been nice, but Fennore feared that would have to wait until both sides could readily trust another — beginning with trading could perhaps accomplish that and plant seeds, however.

With grace, she lifted herself back upon the buckskin's saddle, and she gingerly turned the mare to face the way they came; with a polite bob of her head, Fennore spoke again: "Expect me again soon; with any luck, when I return, we too shall be a proper pack." It could be a while yet before she visited Lyssa again, but it would happen with patience and time, as all things do.

"I look forward to seeing you again, Lyssa." She paused for a brief moment, genuine fondness shining in her amethyst eyes for a beat before she snapped the reins; Lirael sprung into action, eager to run wild on the grassy terrain once more, and they were off.

we can wrap this up; i look forward to the next <3 !!

avatars by Abby, Kiri, and Nat • signature by Despi
New Caledonia
Privileged
veldt
'Souls Soldier of Love Luperci
Songs from the Wood

Dead Topics