[M] Gotta stop them crazy horses on the run

Twelve

POSTED: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Outside the dawn is breaking, But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

OOC: Wednesday, June 12th, 250+ wc

This was certainly not the turn of events Lyssa had planned for today.

When she had started her journey, she was pissed. Pissed at those damn wolves for ruining her new home. Her anger had taken her far. She had found herself at the spot where the others had tied up one of the bastards as a warning, and instead had found the lingering scent of one of the demons themselves. Without really thinking, she had followed it.

Now she found herself atop a very panicked horse, a stolen bag around her shoulders, and an arm burning in pain. Wynona had thrown her all over during their escape, clearly not pleased with the turn in events. Her torso was now low on the horse, fighting through the pain, attempting to guide the mare back to camp.

God, if you ever existed, please help me now.

She would not be able to hold on much longer. The pain in her arm made her stomach churn in nauseousness. She could feel the exhaustion starting to set in, slowing draining away the adrenalin she had earlier. She kept one eye open on the land ahead, desperately hoping to see a friendly face. She let out a strained howl to tell the others she was approaching.

Last edited by Lyssa Fontaine on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby
Luperci You have to love yourself a fire

POSTED: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:35 pm

no spirit is unbreakable, given time, and the whip

Twelve had tried her best to try and ingratiate her into the herd of communal horses Del Cenere had claimed. A lot of mares, all mares trying to become the matriarch… it made things difficult.

Luckily, Orville had always managed to be a variable heat sink among mares; being a mule and therefore sexually inept was something they could sense, and therefore they saw him as nothing more than a gelding; not another female to compete against, and not a stallion they had to worry about mating with. This made it much easier to move with them, as long as she stuck near to Orville; she smelled like him, and so, after a time, they just saw her as another horse.

After several hours, Twelve had determined that Vegas was the matriarch, or at least, was the most recent to gain that status. There was still squabbling, nipping, kicking, as they sorted out who was in charge. Every once in a while, Twelve would make herself known with a hard slap, if a horse got too uppity. Eventually… with time… she would be the leader.

The leader of a herd she could handle, the leader of Luperci… that was a different story.

The gray woman was lying flat against the back of her mule, taking a breather, when the call rang out. She sat straight upward, phantom ears pricked towards the sound, Frenchie. She whispered.

The horses sensed her discomfort and reacted by stampeding a bit away; she jumped off Orville and grabbed him by the bridle before he went to try and join them. In the distance, the flame colored female appeared, atop a pretty much running wild horse, Shit! She said, and swung herself back onto Orville’s back. A sharp kick to his sides sent him off to meet the mare.

Twelve brought her mount alongside the other; she managed to grab the reins out of Lyssa white knuckle hands, and bringing Orville slowly to a trot, slowed the other horse as well, What the fuck Frenchie? She hissed, but then, saw that the girl was injured, Jesus Christ!

Twelve didn’t know who to call; this whole Gang was too new, she didn’t know who could heal. She knew basic shit, but this looked like more than basic shit, Fuck! She said, finally dismounting Orville, she held onto the mare Lyssa was on the back of, Fuck, fuck, fuck!

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Nat
Luperci Venerate savagery, Die savagely Del Cenere's Top Poster

POSTED: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm

OOC: 250+ wc

God had sent Lyssa an angel.

The angel was a scarred, charcoal coyote atop an old, brown mule. Her face was scrunched up into an alarmed snarl, yellow teeth bared, steel eyes shooting daggers at her stupidity. If God did exist, he sure had a good sense of humor. But Lyssa was relieved all the same.

"Twelve," Lyssa breathed. The shocked woman managed to take hold of the reigns of Wynona and slow her down. Once the mare was stopped, Lyssa dismounted. When her feet touched the ground, her legs collapsed from exhaustion. "Merde," the injured coyote swore under her breath. Her muscles trembled as she readjusted herself on the ground.

Once in a seated position safe on the ground, she looked up at her savior. Twelve looked at her with disbelief, shock, and anger, as she held fast to the nightmare she had been riding. Wynona's eyes were still wide from fear and made noises of distress as she pulled at her confines, yet the scarred worried paid her no mind. Her eyes were glued to her golden ones.

Lyssa was about to mutter an apology, but her breath caught in her throat. Instead, she broke into a huge belly laugh. She laughed so hard that she rolled onto her side, careful to not roll onto her bad arm. Tears spilled across her face. She laughed at Twelve's surprised look. She laughed because she did not even know what to say. She laughed because she was alright.

After a few moments her laugher finally sputtered out. Between gasping breaths, she finally managed to speak. "Twelve, do you want to know where I got this horse?" Her eyes shined with laughter as she looked at the woman. Twelve was likely to be furious, but Lyssa didn't care. She was very proud of what she had accomplished today.

Last edited by Lyssa Fontaine on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby

POSTED: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Twelve had to turn her attention to the horse, who began to buck, dancing up on her back hooves, her eyes wild. Where the fuck had Lyssa picked this one up?

Then, Frenchie began to laugh, and it was all Twelve could do to keep the horse steady and the hysteric woman from falling off her back. Quickly, she took the reins and tied them off to Orville’s halter, who was curious and sniffing at the crazed mare. Once the horse was secure to her living shackle, Twelve let go and tried to help Lyssa off the horse, but the woman moved quickly into a sitting position in the grass. As soon as the mare was free of her unwanted rider, she tried to bolt, but was held up by Orville who only let her tarry a little bit off.

The amber kissed coyote’s eyes were wild and wet from tears, and a smile was on her face. Well, that proved that the arm wasn’t broken, thank God. Lyssa asked Twelve if she knew where she had gotten the horse, Fuck, I don’t know Frenchie. What the hell is wrong with you? She said, though she couldn’t help but get caught up in the whole ordeal with a smile of her own.

She hadn't expected Lyssa to be so friendly with her, especially not after their last encounter where Twelve had made a right fool of herself. It seemed now that whatever friendship they had built was stronger than any crassness Twelve had to dish out. That in itself made the gray woman uncomfortable; still, she was happy the French lady was alright.

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Nat

POSTED: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 am

"I stole it," Lyssa started, her breath still escaping in gasps, "I stole it from that foutu wolf." She eyed her prize with wonder. How she'd gotten away with it she'd never quite be sure. She could still picture the wolf's face, a mix of surprise and anger. She had stared him dead in the eyes as she escaped with everything he owned.

Including his bag of good. Lyssa had forgotten about it in all the commotion. She pulled the old leather bag off her shoulder with her good arm and shoved it towards Twelve to show her. "I stole his bag too. I stole his bag and his horse and left him alone and helpless in the middle of the woods!" The firey coyote began laughing again as she watched the other woman's face. God, she felt more alive than she had in weeks.

Lost in the moment, Lyssa leaned back onto both arms. She gave a surprised yelp as pain rocketed up her left arm. She grabbed onto it quickly. Her fingers were shaking, and her arm was swollen. The pain burned from her elbow to her fingertips. But no blood, that was the first good sign.

Cautiously Lyssa tried to move her fingers; They gave a painful twitch in response. Well that's something, looks like it's not broken, she thought to herself. A second good sign. But she was in no condition to use her arm, and any jostling would only make it worse. Through gritted teeth, she nodded towards the bag. "Could you check to see if there's anything useful in there to sling my arm? I'm afraid I cannot take care of this myself." And for the second time that day, she waited for her fallen angel to rescue her.

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby

POSTED: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:28 pm

As Lyssa, through her gasping breaths, explained where the horse had come from, Twelve’s eyes widened.

Never, in a million years, would the gray coyote have guessed that her golden counterpart would ever have the huevos to pull off such a heist. But here she was, battered, bruised, but victorious.

The mare had calmed somewhat now that it had gotten away from its captors, and Orville’s soothing aura had infected it. The red creature had joined the herd, and had verily disappeared amongst its numbers. Twelve paid it no mind now, and focused on her friend.

Lyssa had tried to lean back against her arms only to find the one in pain prevented her from putting weight on it. Upon closer inspection it did not appear to be broken. Well, at least there was that, Twelve could relax a little. Frenchie thrust the bag towards Twelve.

Gingerly, she opened it. It stank of wolf, but inside there were a number of useful items. It was clear that this was his traveling pack, made up mostly of survival and camping gear. Tucked in the bottom was a roll of bandages, which Twelve plucked out like a flower, Hold still. She commanded, and then began to stabilize Lyssa’s arm.

Creating a makeshift sling would be the best course of action, so this is what Twelve did, glaring at Lyssa the entire time, You’re a dumb bitch for doing that. She said, though there was the glitter of pride in her gaze, You could have gotten yourself killed.

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Nat

POSTED: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:49 am

As Twelve worked away at making a sling, she scolded the injured coyote. Lyssa took what was coming for her; She knew someone would tell her off at some point. But the charcoal woman did not make a huge deal of it. She knew the chiding would be much worse from other members later on.

"He was old, and he was so preoccupied with himself that he did not know I was there until I was already on the horse." Lyssa started, trying to justify her actions, "And I was just so angry at those bastards for what they had done that I did not even pause a moment to think."

She drew quiet thinking of all the emotions she had been feeling over the past few weeks: fear, anger, grief, sorrow. They had taken over her life as misfortune after misfortune had occurred. She thought of the Vicar and how she had howled into the night from the loss of her brother. But what if it was Lyssa who had been sent into camp with her head in her lap? She shuddered. It would only have brought more sorrow to the pack. "But you are right. I could have got myself killed."

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Ruby

POSTED: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Lyssa recalled the events; the wolf had been stupid, distracted; Twelve could understand why. Wasn’t too long ago one of his own had been basically skewered for him to find. Something that Twelve didn’t agree with, but she held her tongue; there was history in this place that ran deeper than she understood, a hate that was just as sharp as her own, but with teeth.

Lyssa herself harbored these feelings; anger, the lust for revenge; Twelve understood it, even she had been overcome by it when the horses had nearly trampled her and Wayne. But man… these coyotes didn’t know when to quit; she doubted that wolf was much longer for this world, especially now that his belongings and horse were in the clutches of his enemies. Oh well, life was a shit sandwich and he had almost finished his.

Twelve finished up; the sling was haphazard but would do the trick until Frenchie found her way to whoever had taken the position of healer in their group. The smile had gone from her face, and she shuddered; shock, Twelve had seen it before.

The day was warm, but Lyssa would need some comfort; Twelve retrieved a blanket from the pack, wrapped up neatly into a perfect roll. She undid, it stank of wolf, but it would do; she put it over Lyssa’s shoulders, which she gripped firmly, But you didn’t. You did good, Frenchie. Twelve held her friend against her in a stiff hug. Fuck, she hated this kind of shit, Twelve wasn’t one to comfort. But Lyssa… damn Frenchie was making her soft.

OOC || +2

Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Nat

Dead Topics