More, Give me more, give me more

POSTED: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:01 am

OOC - ohigh there WC: 472

Tied to a stag and bound by hands and feet

While Till did not like the spring because of the heat and the long days, but he had been enjoying this one, as he had been out with his newest batch of children quite frequently. The flowers bloomed and the marshes seemed much prettier than in the dead of winter, and Till had taken to enjoying it while it was here, and while his children were still young. Even Sparta, and Freyja, had grown much faster than he would have liked, and the twins had moved out to be with their bastard brother, to his dismay. What the two saw in the now Arbiter had made him scoff. He wondered what Julius had done to even get the eyes of the crown upon him, aside from being a rat, the black sheep of his own family.

Julius would never be one of them, and the twins would know that. Till did not want to let them go off and be with their brother, for they had many other brothers who were much more....faithful and familial than the disgrace of a man that Julius had become. He only wished that they had expressed their interest in being with the boy sooner, for he would have been able to punish them for it, rather than them getting away with being under their pathetic brother's roof and him not have a say in it. Till wondered how the rat hadn't had his tongue removed for himself, yet. The boy certainly did not know how to hold his tongue, and if Till had a say, the boy would not have only just been removed from the Ulrich clan, he would have been neutered and tongueless too.

It mattered not, this Arbiter, this false child. The twins, while they should be saved, and could have been, he was sure that they both had been subjected to the lies that Julius spoke of their father, and likely would come to hate him within the months they spent with Julius. It did not matter, for there were plenty of other children who loved him, and a few rotten apples would not spoil the bunch, no, Till would make sure that these other children were raised with the knowledge that lies and heretics would lose them favor of not only the family, but the gods, and the crown as well.

Certainly, then they would listen.

Till had been out in the Ruins with his son, Raito, while the others had been inside, presumably sleeping. Till and Raito played within the small patch of flowers that grew outside the childhood home of many of Till's older children. "Get the kitty, Raito." he told the two month old boy, who yipped and bounded off after Guts - the black cat that had been given to Till some years prior.

Hung upside down amongst the starving wolves

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Nandolicious@FA, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Word Count → +300 :: hello hello ~

Aly wasn't sure if she was growing complacent with her situation or going crazy. Part of her (a rather sizable part of her) was still quite distraught with being in Salsola and being enslaved on top of that, and she was quite certain this would never go away. However, there was another section of her consciousness that was growing in size and planting seeds in her thoughts; it could be a lot worse, Andrew is really not that bad for a Salsolan, or Surely you can still make your way out of servitude like he did if you keep doing as you're told.

But unlike Lord Greygrief, her chances of moving up were slim to none. Whereas he had earned a title, Aly would never rise above her brand here, at least not in the eyes of the white-faced witch or her masters. She was Boreas, she would always be Boreas, and she was still their enemy, as much as she pleaded for them to forget her ancestry.

Few others knew her status other than the higher-ups and Andrew, and they were keeping it that way for a specific reason, she knew. They felt as though she should be grateful for that fact, too, but the secret gave her no peace of mind.

These thoughts swirled in her mind in an unpleasant cacophony until she felt movement whoosh past her; shrinking away, Aly watched with surprised eyes as the feline and puppy ran beside her without a care in the world. She blinked, obviously a bit flustered, and smoothed out her skirt before shaking it off and continuing back to the cabin; however, her eyes were drawn to another as she walked by.

A man of grays and whites in a small flowering area, his violet eyes reminiscent of those of Mateo and the pale lady she had met some time before. He gave her pause for just a moment, but when she felt she was staring too long the collar almost seemed to burn at her neck and she moved to hurry back to Lord Greygrief's home, maybe unnoticed, though she knew this was a fleeting hope.

avatars by Jacob, Nat, Mandi and Katie • signature by Gen
Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:58 pm

OOC - ohigh there WC: 505

Hunger for the dark, Striking for the heart

There was a joy that Till got when he saw this child playing as he did. There was something within Till that screamed that this child was destined for greatness, just as Spartacus had been. Till had taken this as a sign from the gods that Raito and Spartacus would be the bringers of a new age of Ulrich, in which Till could finally retire as Patriarch and become an elder, perhaps, by the time that they were adults. While Till was proud of all of his sons, the way that they were dispersed throughout the ranks, and especially Coaxoch, he also felt as if Coaxoch was so distant from the core of the family that he might not be able to hold the secrets of Ulrich from the Crown. Afterall, he had told Elphaba of the sins of Ulrich where Till had given the Gods his sons arm, and kept the secret of Valtin's actual murderer from not only Elphaba herself, but also from her grandmother before her. Till thought that Elphaba had already had Coaxoch far under her fingertips to the point where they would fall, in the event that Elphaba herself did so. Raito and Spartacus would learn differently from Coaxoch, this was for sure.

Till watched his son and cat play up until he had felt prey to eyes of blue, and a pelt of chocolates and caramel. He turned his eyes to her just as she had turned away, and shuffled her feet to head back to where she had come from. Till had not seen this woman before, yet, he had heard things of a collared woman that now served the false nobles, Greygrief. How was it, that a slave would own a slave so early on in his own freedom? Did he not understand that he was little better than the woman he now kept as a slave? Till smiled wide to her, and raised his hand. "Wait." he told her as he looked to her and he pricked his ears in her direction. "Come talk to me, for, I do not believe we have met." he told her as he waved her over.

It was then that Raito had stopped in front of her and looked up at her with his bright blues that were starting to fade into something darker. He yapped up to her and put his paws on her shins, as if to tell her to pick him up. He, too smiled a long smile with his sharp teeth as he looked up at her. It might have been creepy, had he not been so young and cute because of his long dog shaped snout. "It seems that my son has taken a liking to you, m'lady. Please, won't you join us for just a moment?" he asked, even though he knew she was a slave, it was no reason to not be friendly with her.

Afterall, she could prove useful within the future. He could put his paw on that.

blackened from the start, His evil crawls into your mind

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Word Count → +300 :: hello hello ~

His voice gave her pause; he beckoned for her, despite her low status, and gestured for her to draw nearer. Aly's tail curled around one leg nervously, but before she could dwell on it for too long the puppy was before her again, yapping and pouncing on her; she yelped inadvertently, her nerves making her jumpy, but when she realized he sought only to play she sighed deeply, giving him a small apologetic smile. He was just a Bambino, after all, even younger than Eden had been and far more safe as a youngling. The youth's grin unnerved her somewhat, but she complied nevertheless; obedience was expected of her, just as it always was. She held him with shaky arms and a rigid discomfort, but he seemed quite pleased anyway.

Again the gray male called for her, and she nodded stiffly as she carried the pup with her to his side; she was gradual in her approach, but soon she set his son next to him as she awkwardly stood there for a moment. Her ears pinned against her skull as she averted her eyes from his; Eden had warned her of staring for too long, as it could be received poorly if she encountered the wrong Salsolan. Despite this man seeming overall pleasant and amicable just from initial impressions, she reserved judgement just yet.

"W... What is your son's name?" she asked quietly, peering down at the small canine from beneath white choppy bangs. Her eyes widened slightly then, and she cleared her throat quickly to add, "My name is Alejandra, sir. Thank you... for... the invitation." The words were rushed yet stilted, but she didn't want to say anything out of line; erring on the side of caution and expected politeness seemed the right decision.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:28 pm

OOC - ohigh there WC: 538

Raito was much too young to understand the hierarchy of the individuals of his pack, so when he saw someone new, he often would come and chatter at them. Till would, one day, teach the boy of the hierarchy and that this woman was the lowest of the lows, but for now, she could serve as Raito's chewtoy, if anything. It wouldn't be for long though, for he knew that she might have other duties to attend, for he knew that Andrew was probably needy if he already had a slave while he was just barely a freedman himself. Once the women picked the boy up, Raito settled in her arms and nibbled at her fingers softly. Till continued to watch from his spot as Guts had trotted back over and rubbed against his hanging arms. Till wore the same vein of smile that his child had, though aged much more, and possibly much more unsettling than the boy's own. Till did not show much display of dominance, despite his rank over her, for he didn't need to. It would seem that the girl knew her place for she did not look at him long, and even as she talked, her gaze was elsewhere.

"His name is Raito Ulrich-Lykoi." he answered politely and eagerly. Once the boy's name was said, the boy looked back up to his father and yipped, struggling against her grip to run back to his father. Once his feet finally touched the ground once more, he leapt and bounced around his father's legs, and then got distracted once more by the cat. The boy licked the cat's face, which made Guts back up a few steps and then hiss at the boy. "Be nice, Raito. Guts doesn't like that." the Patriarch warned to the child as the girl introduced herself.

The Warden looked back up at her and nodded his head. "I apologize, my name is Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi. I am a Warden here, and I'm the Patriarch of the Ulrichs here, though some of my children do carry the sole name of Lykoi, or Valentine. You might have met some of us by now. Coaxoch, Eden, Evelyn, or Chester, Mekhl, Stelmaria, or even Oiseau, Baie, Spartacus, and Freyja." he listed off his family's names, though decidedly left out his wives for a moment. "My wives are Calla and Helena, if you know them." he told her then with the same wide smile as he looked back at his son to keep an eye on them.

"You are new here, no? Are the Greygriefs treating you fairly? I would hate to see such a pretty face be treated violently." he asked her, not really expecting to get a truthful answer, but it was still good to show good faith by caring about the wellbeing of the servants. After all, that's what Weaver would have done, if he was still within Salsola Proper. While it was not Till's job to car about the servants, it did not mean that he did not care. Especially after all he had gone through with Nephele, and how she now did not walk this Earth.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:03 pm

Word Count → +400 :: hello hello ~

The pup's teething at her fingertips caused her to fidget in vain under his jaw, but she prevailed against his youthful assault all the same, lest his father reprimand her for disobeying. Watching the cat stroll back to them seemed to numb his playfulness somewhat, as the feline distracted her from his slobber and very subtly painful prodding. But he was young and naive, and she couldn't fault him for that.

Raito wriggled out of her arms when she let go, and he earned the ire of his cat very quickly with his antics. Seemingly unfazed and gently chiding his son, the violet-eyed man received her greeting in stride, his toothy grin intimidating and inviting at the same time. He took the chance to introduce the rest of his large family as well, though only one name initially caused her ears to twitch; the rose-eyed Eden she had met in the Blackwoods popped in her head, and she nodded knowingly even as he rattled off the other members. His wives, not wife, befuddled her, and yet she knew the latter of the two, if only in passing. Helena had helped set up the wedding feast for the Greygriefs, and they had brief interactions as they prepared for the influx of guests following the ceremony. She had a strange accent, Aly remembered.

Till asked of Andrew, Narcissa. His compliment made her look up at him for a second, and she swallowed uncomfortably, not sure how to take it. Should she thank him, or just ignore it? It was so difficult to gauge reactions from the secretive Salsolans. She decided to just respond with a numb bob of her head once again, feeling as though she would be doing that a lot during this interaction. "Oh, yes, they're... they're fine. They haven't been bad to me." Unpleasant as Narcissa was, nothing violent had occurred between them yet, which Alejandra hoped would continue.

"You have a lot of children, Till." It was an absentminded statement, and immediately after a strange apologetic look crossed her face. Would he take that as offensive? It was just an observation, her mind speaking without thinking, and she quickly sought to recover. "M-My mother only had two children, my brother and me. I..." She laughed nervously, very aware of the hole she was digging. "I can't imagine having so many siblings."

She felt she was talking far too much for a slave and silenced herself thusly.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 pm

OOC - ohigh there WC: 627

It was easy to tell that the girl was nervous, and she had every right to be. While Till was the friendlier of the Salsolans, he knew very well that others were not so friendly, and others would try to get her into trouble. Till had not ulterior motivations for stopping her other than being able to get to know someone and also be able to look at a pretty face for a little bit, even if it was one that belonged to a servant. Till wondered if Andrew had violated her yet, for that was what Infernians did right? After all, that's what Till's Infernian father had done to his Salsolan mother.

When she confirmed that they were fine to her, he nodded his head lightly. "That's good. I'm glad they are not treating you badly, you don't deserve that. " he told her as he looked back down to his child and his cat. His hands ran across the spines of the two creatures, and he chuckled lightly as they both leaned into his touch. He did enjoy spending time with his children, especially as pups, because they were so innocent. Once they grew older, they often went on and did their own things, and that made it to where Till spent less time with them. Sometimes, it didn't feel like he had many children at all, because they all had their own lives as they had grown into adults.

She mentioned that he had a lot of children, and Till looked back up at her and gave a deep chuckle. "To be fair, Eden and Evelyn are my grandchildren from Coaxoch. But, you are right, I do have a lot of children, including Raito's litter, who has another son and two daughters." he spoke with ease, not bothered at all by the fact that he had so many children. He had grown used to raising children and when they were adults, it seemed lonelier in his home, because there was no one to watch or take care of. They were all out taking care of themselves, or cooking in the kitchen, taking care of him really.

"I was a Bastard, and I didn't have any siblings until I found my half-siblings from my parents. I guess you can say I come from a big family, but...I did not grow up with any of them.. " he spoke, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "For the most part, my children seem to all get along. They know that we are family, and nothing will change that, I think." he spoke to her as he played with Raito's ears and the boy gnawed on Till's fingers. Till ignored the pain of the sharp little baby teeth as he absently looked down at the ground before him and still smiled lightly.

"Alejandra, I think that you will be able to be a freedwoman once more. I do not know your debt, but I have both owned servants, and let them free, and my wife once owned Andrew - not all too long ago." he spoke to her, wondering if she knew that Andrew was once in her shoes. Till already thought that this woman might be more worthy of being freed than Andrew had been, but hopefully the girl's debt was not something that was so great as being an enemy of Salsola. "Is there anything that you might need that they have not provided you with? Anything at all? I do not mind facilitating that, for the Greygriefs are not a rich family, while I am much more fortunate. " Till asked the girl, as his eyes looked back to her and he twitched his large ears toward her.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:59 pm

Word Count → +500 :: ooc!

Till seemed to sympathize with her, which was a reaction she had come by far less in the Thistle Kingdom. Most of the other nicer, less abrasive Salsolans could be decent with her, sure, but none of them had ever said what he said (aside from Odalis, but she too was a slave): that she didn't deserve this fate. Oh, how she knew that so fervently — this was not news to her at all, of course she didn't deserve it. As loyal a follower of Him she had been, she had agonized over her captivity for many a sleepless night at the foot of Andrew and Narcissa's bed, and it seemed the true reasoning behind her servitude would never come to light.

But He always had a plan. He would use this for something greater. This sentiment she kept telling herself, and it became a crutch for her hurting heart.

He laughed, and her downcast eyes rose to his lighthearted ones once more. She could have tacked on a hundred more questions — did he like being a father? He had grandchildren? How many of those? — but she instead moved her head again in that automatic nod, a vague acknowledgement to his words.

The Ulrich's words took a darker tone, yet his permanent beam did not seem to budge one bit. She could feel with his words, though, for she too did not know one of her parents. For all Aly knew, her father had many more children than she realized; he wasn't from Zion, he was an outsider, just as she was here in Salsola. "That is good. Family is good." Her words were simple, inoffensive, agreeable.

Again his words gave her pause, and she considered them carefully. Had Helena owned Lord Greygrief? Perhaps that would make sense as to why she had assisted with the feast; but still, it seemed... weird. "Do you... really think so?" she questioned cautiously, somewhat incredulously. "I... thought slaves weren't freed very often..." But it would not have been the first time these people fed her lies, she supposed.

His slight jab at her masters was far above her own mind, completely clearing her head as she gave him a small shrug of her shoulders. "Well... Currently I am sleeping in front of the bed on the floor." Another halfhearted laugh, as it was quite pitiful; but Andrew was still in the process of securing their new housing, which he promised her would include her own private quarters. It was quite frightening to sleep in such close proximity to those two, anyhow.

"I appreciate the offer, but... I think I will be alright." Her lips pulled into a soft, sheepish smile. As much as she liked the kind gesture, she knew Andrew would be less than pleased if she accepted anything from another member. He was lenient, but he still could put her in her place if she needed such.

And yet, Till seemed so nice... Was it authentic? Did it matter? Even if it was a front, she felt momentarily... relieved, almost.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

POSTED: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:39 am

OOC - ohigh there WC: 623

She agreed that family was good, and he nodded back in reply. Family was good, a large family, both yes and no. No, only because you have the oddballs like Julius, who came out to be a rotten apple, and would continue to influence his younger sisters to walk down the wrong paths in life, and there was little that he could do, but hope that the girls snap out of it and follow in the footsteps of someone like Dirge, or Coaxoch, or a son that was not an utter prick about everything and anything.

She did not seem to believe him when he had said that the servants were freed, and he nodded his head to her eagerly. "I have had a slave named Phobos, and a slave named Nephele, both were freed after their debt was paid, and Phobos still lives as a freedman. Andrew, as you know, is also a freedman, who had a hefty debt on his head, as he was in a pack that Salsola warred with a summer or so ago, and he was one who fought directly against all of Salsola. " he had no issue with telling the girl of her master's history, because obviously he had not told her much, he had let her live in fear that she would always be enslaved and treated like she was unimportant for all time. "I doubt that you had a hand in something so devious, so your debt is much less than that of Andrew's. I think that your debt will be paid in no time." he told her easily as he finally pulled his hands away from the gnawing puppy and he finally leaned back and sat flat on the ground. He sighed lightly as his son had climbed up onto his lap and the boy yawned suddenly.

"My son, Coaxoch, also has a companion named Sebastien who was also a servant, but he, too is now a freedman. Sebastien and Coaxoch raised my grandchildren Eden and Evelyn together. So I think the possibilities are endless for you here, Alejandra." he reassured her with a nod of his head as he looked to her with the same wide smile.

She rejected his offer for anything she might need, and this was okay, for they barely knew each other, and it was not too far of a stretch to think that Andrew might have told her about him, and while he hadn't thought that this was the case particularly, he would not doubt it. She had commented that she was sleeping at the foot of the newlyweds' bed, which was unsatisfactory to him, but he did not have much of a say in how they ran their household. If they wanted her to sleep on the floor like she was nothing, then he had no say in it. He could, however, get someone to put an extra bed into the house, if she pleased. He nodded his head lightly to her once more. "The offer does not expire, my friend. Anytime you need anything, just come to the Old Wall that lay right at the borders of the Ruins. You can't miss it. This is where I live." he told her simply, as he pet the soft fur of his child's back as he started to doze off on Till's lap.

Till chuckled lightly as he looked back down at the child. "Man, what I wouldn't give to be able to fall asleep that fast again. You'll miss sleep when you get to be my age, ahaha" he told her with a chuckle coming from his maw after he had spoken and his eyes turned back to her.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
Ranger Apprentice
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Word Count → +400 :: ooc!

He spoke of the slaves, and she nodded in vague acknowledgement to his words, as if they were supposed to give her some hope. Sure, Andrew had risen out of servitude, but he had made it very clear to her that it was a fluke, a rare gift he had been given. Besides, Till didn't know the depth of her specific situation; she was Boreas, the known enemy of Salsola, and the higher-ups were very conscious of this fact. Perhaps if the gray man knew this too he could understand her doubts, but this was a piece of information Aly thought it very wise indeed to never bring up. Secrets were not well-kept within these pack lands, she knew.

But one thing he said was... weird. Weird enough to make everything after it echo senselessly to her. Dark ears perked, her brows furrowing in confusion. "He... He fought Salsola once?" And that was how he became a slave? But what pack could have fought with Salsola? The thought seemed to trigger something in her mind, a forgotten piece of information she had thought forfeit ever since their secondary enemy had perished — but that did not mean the defunct coyote pack's members were gone. "... Was he from Inferni?" she asked him quietly, quizzically.

Lord Greygrief was just full of surprises, it seemed.

With a small voice, she decided to add, "Maybe it's... possible." But there wasn't much conviction behind her voice. Freedom seemed a very fleeting dream now that she was wrapped in the far-reaching, suffocating embrace of the Thistle Kingdom.

She returned his offer with a reserved, shy smile, and her cheeks flushed a little at his generosity. "You're very kind, sir." Her eyes wandered from his lilac ones to the sleeping puppy, and she gave a nervous laugh. "Oh, trust me, I miss sleep now," she murmured, her foot drawing idle circles in the dirt. "It's... hard to get comfortable when Narcissa is feet away from you."

The words fell from her mouth before she could catch them, and she quickly looked up to Till, eyes wide. "U-Uh, I mean..." Her ears pinned to her skull. She hadn't meant to insult her Lady out loud at all, and she hoped Till wouldn't... say something... Would he say something? "I-I, w-well, um..." She descended into stammering ungracefully.

Salsola
Indentured Servant
veldt
Luperci
flowers of naivety

Dead Topics