Re: What kind of idea are you?

POSTED: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:01 pm

[WC: 233]

Mm, there might be. We aren't the only things that like eating them – if you find a bush with any left, you'll be lucky, Grievous mused. He was always eager to find options for easy meals, and the livestock and horses adored the treats. Berries were not very high in calories, and Grievous did not understand that there were important nutrients in the ones he favored, but enough of them could certainly go far.

Maybe they would find a bush along the way, but Grievous didn't know if any within the territory wold still have berries. Even the birds went after them.

The gray wolf was glad that Eden seemed to understand his concerns. There was reason for him to act out, and reasons to obey – he was foolish, but he had just recently been a boy. Grievous had grown up during wartime. He did not think himself capable of understanding those who had not.

Grievous indicated a nearby trail.

We'll mostly just need the chamomile – but we could see what else we find on our way. I have supplies at the Clinic. It's a bit of a walk, but I know some shortcuts. See what you can find as we go, he instructed the young man. Anything extra we gather I can show you how to store. Have you dried plants before? Do you know how to do that?

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

POSTED: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:27 am

Word Count → +300 :: OOC Here

Eden couldn't help but let a flash of disappointment cover his face when he stated that there were many other things that were looking for the same berries he was, so if there were any growing, he would be lucky if they came across some. Even so, Grievous' words were true, and he could not get too upset over something that just came natural to the kinds of people and animals that lived here. He gave a nod, then allowing his face to change back to interest, "Well, maybe if we just see a bush or a plant that grows one, I'll know where I can come back to."

Only if they could find one along the way.

The young male was not like many in his family, at least, not in the way they had presented themselves to the rest of the kingdom. He was young, but understanding. He knew that there were still many things that he did not understand, and wanted to be careful on, not pretending like he was simply above the help that was being offered to him.

Pink gaze followed the man's hand as he gestured out to one of the trails ahead of them. He explained not only the certain plant they were going to need, but also that many of his supplies were at the Clinic. Hearing that word made everything click into place.

Eden took a few steps ahead of Grievous, looking back over him, "I'll keep my eyes open. What does chamomile look like?" He didn't speak more on the other plants they would find as they went, simply nodding in agreement to this little task. His eyes seemed to lighten up at what came next, "I don't know how to do that. I would love to learn how."

Eden de le Ulrich

Salsola
The Arbiter
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 pm

[WC: 250]

The gray wolf smiled a little.

I think that's a fine idea, he told the young man. He slid the collecting basket to his arm and lifted the sweet-smelling plant from earlier. This is chamomile, Grievous explained, realizing he had failed to give Eden it's name. Teaching others was new to him – so much of his knowledge had been gained from others, but until now, he had no reason to share it.

Drying plants isn't terribly hard, the wolf admitted, following after the younger hybrid. Between his long legs and Eden's eager pace, they would be able to cover the distance between themselves and the Clinic soon enough. The way you cut them can be important, and how you store them can change how they dry... he began rambling on, glad for an interested audience.

They found plenty of chamomile, which Grievous had Eden cut and gather, and much to his delight they did in fact come across one of the berry bushes along their way. It gave them plenty to talk about on their way to the Clinic, where Grievous showed Eden where he stored the already dried herbs and other items. Things became more somber when he treated the boy's wounded hands, but once he was assured they were not as terribly injured as thought, Grievous let the matter drop.

Afterwards, the two men tied the gathered flowers together. Grievous, taller than his younger companion, hoisted these to the ceiling where they left them to hang dry.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

Dead Topics